Poll: Too corporate and serious?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    This is my theory:

Blizzard devs see the entire "influencer" community of WoW being so...negative all the time...they simply dont give a frick anymore and dont give a damn.
    or
    They simply became like this because..."big company" and "big money" involved...so gotta be serious!
    Or then the world around them changed and they had to adapt. People get offended by pretty much everything so large companies rather stay on the safe side so they dont risk getting cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Each scene of the 9.2 reveal felt very scrubbed, like it went through 29 levels of corporate PR. There was no personalization with the players, it was a corporate slide show just like the 100's of corporate meetings I've been to where people present their shit.
    Well when showing a silly/funny or stupid side of yourself is making you look bad, people tend to become publickly serious. Because how you come off as a person on public things like this video might be wrong for some people.

Probably why they didnt make a livestream too.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Or then the world around them changed and they had to adapt. People get offended by pretty much everything so large companies rather stay on the safe side so they dont risk getting cancelled.
    Yupyupyup. Its a reason why movie companies fire people without evidence, or stuff you wrote 10-20 years ago. Because "values".
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-11-13 at 01:05 PM.

Eh. Personally, I'd rather this sort of "Here's what we're doing; let's talk about it a little bit." angle with these sorts of reveal videos, rather than any sort of cringey, jokey schlock that detracts from what I'm supposed to be seeing. This goes for devs in general, not just those at Blizzard. I don't really... need game developers to try to endear themselves to me more than their game's content. It would be nice if they could manage to do both, sure. But not a lot of companies/devs have really managed to do both, and I'm kinda at the point where I'm like "Hey, if you've got a game to show me and talk about and that's it? That's perfect. Anything else? Fluff. Could be nice fluff. It's possible (but not likely) that I'll remember you fondly for the fluff if it's good. But I don't need it, and I'm not going to hold it against you if you don't have it."

Yes because Blizzard pro-actively involved in politics and whatever agenda is pushed by media groups, what puzzles me the most is that they don't gain much from publicly taking various stances and in fact in the past few years suffered for doing that, yet, they still keep pushing, makes me wonder if there is something behind all of it, very hard to blame on poor management at this point, sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory to be honest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it's kinda hard now to be fun and silly when everyone gets offended and triggered at the slightest gesture