Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Iraq PM Assassination Attempt by Armed Drones

Tension rises in Iraq after failed PM Assassination Attempt by Armed Drones

Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi suffered a light cut and appeared in a televised speech soon after the attack by armed drones on his residence. He appeared calm and composed, seated behind a desk in a white shirt and what appeared to be a bandage around his left wrist.
    New age being ushered in for attacks. This isn't the first, but it's certainly only the beginning.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-11-08 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Tension rises in Iraq after failed PM Assassination Attempt by Armed Drones

New age being ushered in for attacks. This isn't the first, but it's certainly only the beginning.
    Your title says "Iran PM" not Iraq.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Your title says "Iran PM" not Iraq.
    Why the hell would my title say Iran PM when it was the fucking Iraq PM who was assassin-...oh, wait, I see what you're getting at.
    (hopefully understood sarcastic attempt at humor)

I'll ask mods to change it. Thanks for the heads up.

(@Mods can you change title to "Iraq" please - thank you!)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yep we're in a new era. I wonder if in 30 years the presidents/PMs of major countries will need an entourage of defensive drones following them around like a cloud. A bubble of safety.

Terrorists have the element of surprise but the good guys of the world are always smarter which means they can always find a way to counter the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yep we're in a new era. I wonder if in 30 years the presidents/PMs of major countries will need an entourage of defensive drones following them around like a cloud. A bubble of safety.

Terrorists have the element of surprise but the good guys of the world are always smarter which means they can always find a way to counter the bad guys.
    Only a good guy with a drone can stop a bad guy with a drone? I'd make a joke about Trump forming the National Drone Association (NDA), but we all know drones are unmanned.

On the bright side, it would finally be a fitting position for him to leave vacant.

(Sorry, couldn't resist the jokes. I blame Breccia's bad influence.)

Iranian drones already were used for similar attacks by Palestinian allied groups against Israeli targets. Targeting the Iraqi head of state right after elections is only a bigger target and timeframe. Anything goes in the proxy war before this, and anything goes after. Iran has deduced that reprisal attacks will be limited in scope. I doubt Biden assassinates or condones the assassination of someone like Soleimani.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not the first one, just the closest or it only took so long because they were gathering intelligence. Hate when I have to say, "the US taught them"...yes we taught them this tactic and made it 'okay'. The 'gentlemen rule' is out of play.

Thankfully the US has been practicing anti-drone warfare for a while and an attack would be hard pressed to invade the secure airspace around US ViPs.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shkar View Post
    Only a good guy with a drone can stop a bad guy with a drone? I'd make a joke about Trump forming the National Drone Association (NDA), but we all know drones are unmanned.

On the bright side, it would finally be a fitting position for him to leave vacant.

(Sorry, couldn't resist the jokes. I blame Breccia's bad influence.)
    Drones?

Goddamn Tau.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Thankfully the US has been practicing anti-drone warfare for a while and an attack would be hard pressed to invade the secure airspace around US ViPs.
    your billion dollar anti drone warfare tech vs one sneaky boy with a dji mavic mini and a grenade. I know who my moneys on.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Drones?

Goddamn Tau.
    For the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    your billion dollar anti drone warfare tech vs one sneaky boy with a dji mavic mini and a grenade. I know who my moneys on.
    Even Donbas is full of destroyed DIY drones (both sides extensively love using them for spotting/targetting). Против лома нет приёма (окромя другого лома) - Russian idiom about how there is no chance against someone armed with crowbar, except if you also have one.

Drones will be a threat in most places, except when actually actively countered, which one assumes will be done for the most important locations/people.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    For the greater good.
    God damn space commie weebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Even Donbas is full of destroyed DIY drones (both sides extensively love using them for spotting/targetting). Против лома нет приёма (окромя другого лома) - Russian idiom about how there is no chance against someone armed with crowbar, except if you also have one.

Drones will be a threat in most places, except when actually actively countered, which one assumes will be done for the most important locations/people.
    alot of them are just scouting and then being used put some more accurate mortars in. They are being massively used in Libya as well, turkey doing some naughty fucking stuff.

did you ever read this i thought it was cool : https://www.nbcnews.com/news/vladimi...report-n987376

alot of them are just scouting and then being used put some more accurate mortars in. They are being massively used in Libya as well, turkey doing some naughty fucking stuff.

did you ever read this i thought it was cool : https://www.nbcnews.com/news/vladimi...report-n987376
    IIRC USA does the same, I am almost sure I saw reports of electronic warfare units deployed whether president is moving around.
    Russian bases in Syria are also littered with shot down drones. Turkey has been loosing bigger units both there and in Libya, proper attack/suicide drones.

Thing is, DIY stuff is cheap and simple, enabling anyone to plan for an attack, sure. It also means it's crap against any kind of interferance, which is why I do not believe in the drone panic.
    Take that haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post

Thing is, DIY stuff is cheap and simple, enabling anyone to plan for an attack, sure. It also means it's crap against any kind of interferance, which is why I do not believe in the drone panic.
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...he-first-time/

cmon man get with it. Drones can be used for all sorts of shenanigans (esp terrorism).

cmon man get with it. Drones can be used for all sorts of shenanigans (esp terrorism).
    Oh nooo, time to paniiicccc. In reality, no one cares. Look, USA had small private planes crashing into buildings, yet no one will stop you from buying one right now, nothing really changed and those attacks were exceedingly rare.
    At worst they will ban civilian drones.
    Take that haters.

Just makes me wonder how good/cheap inertial guidance systems are going to get. At least in the public sphere, they're still not all that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post

Unfortunately, due to the nature of Guerilla and Terrorism warfare, they will always have the element of surprise and presumably exist as long as idiots exist. That they rarely win (never in the long run) is not due to anyone being smarter, it's due to them being the fucking minority of retards in their respective societies.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Scary how bold Iran is getting through their proxies. Assassination attempt in Iraq, Houthis storming the US embassy in Yemen.

I am sure in the next coming weeks you will see Hezbollah attack its political rivals in Lebanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Unfortunately, due to the nature of Guerilla and Terrorism warfare, they will always have the element of surprise and presumably exist as long as idiots exist. That they rarely win (never in the long run) is not due to anyone being smarter, it's due to them being the fucking minority of retards in their respective societies.
    I would argue that it's helped win several wars. The US revolution being one of them. Then we've got ww the duece, vietnam, and afghanistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I would argue that it's helped win several wars. The US revolution being one of them. Then we've got ww the duece, vietnam, and afghanistan.
    Yeah but that was different in that at some point you had to come out and be in the open, with regular armies. Why? Because in order to gain independence, you had to actually start controlling the land. That's the thing Guerilla and Terrorism can't do. They are not types of warfare designed to deal with land ownership. They're aimed at morals and logistics, people, not the land. They rely on corwardly fucking off after the attack, even if they won a battle, they wouldn't know how to keep it.

And that's why the Revolutionary War in the US is not the same. Although they certainly used Guerilla tactics, that wasn't the end game. Vietnam, they didn't win the war with Guerilla alone, they had a regular army move in at some point. Afghanistan lost everything within a week to an actual army. The reason they got it back now is because the US never intended to actually handle it properly. A big mistake if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Scary how bold Iran is getting through their proxies. Assassination attempt in Iraq, Houthis storming the US embassy in Yemen.

I am sure in the next coming weeks you will see Hezbollah attack its political rivals in Lebanon.
    What's the US gonna do? Go back into the ME? Fuck Iran up this time? Unlikely.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.