Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I'm not in their industry or even country, so do I personally know? Nope, sorry.
    Do i know the salary for the industry im actually working for and my country? Yes of course.
    And this is true for most people not seeking an entry level job or internship, regardless of the industry or chosen career.

We can agree to disagree but its been known for well over a decade blizzard has consistently underpaid and lived on the hype of having working for Blizzard.
    So you know the salary's for a completely unrelated industry in a completely unrelated country, but have no actual idea if blizzard pays below others in there industry as you have no idea what other company's pay.

But I guess taking it on blind faith based off of nothing is your prerogative.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I thought people saying 9.2 would be the last patch a week ago were just doomers who wanted wow to fail.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I thought people saying 9.2 would be the last patch a week ago were just doomers who wanted wow to fail.
    No that were people that actually payed attention, instead of blindly believing in Blizzard of all things.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Boomkin raid hype! one of the only dps whos 2 best legendaries are a cov and reg
    Havoc will be there with Venthyr using eye beam + Covenant Leggo

The final three bosses will be available on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties during the third week of the raid.
    What? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Or maybe they're just people who weren't using copium.

How could you possibly believe there would be a 9.3 when they only released 1 PATCH in 1 YEAR?

Did you genuinely, legitimately think they would get their shit together, somehow churn out 2 patches in 1 year, and not make Shadowlands last until end of 2023/2024?

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Lot of words with very little content
    So what you are saying is that legion had little content?

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    So you won't even be able to finish the raid in lfr almost two months after? Why do they still gate that shit so damn heavily?
    Incentive to do normal - LFR is not raiding

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    with SL basically finished: any crystal bowls availavle for the moment of 10.0 announcements ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    What? Why?
    Because they are telling two stories in the raid. And want to have "big story moments" with the two.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This is intended to provide a moment to tell the story in a way that accounts for the passage of time between the events of the eighth encounter and the subsequent encounters.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Not the first time. They did it in WotLK with ICC. A xpac dearly loved. If it fits the story they want to tell, I see no issue with it.
    Simply because it was in Wotlk, doesn't mean it was good.

Matter of fact, i think most people have simply forgotten how timegated TotC and ICC were, let alone the BS they've tried with limited attempts.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    And what about Arthas, tirion, varian and others? will we meet them there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    didn't they say that like 5 years ago and then hilariously failed?
    It's the bi-annual announcement they make every time an expansion is over. At this point its like having a significant other that has cheated on you like 6 times and you are still falling for the "well it will be the last time" apology. Then about mid way though that expansion we get to find out the "production difficult" they had and "we had to choose because making this trash you got or an even worse piece of trash and we made the choice to go with the least trashy trash". After that we loop back to the bi-annual announcement again where we are hearing they will do better and deliver more content and it will be better than ever because they have listened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    What? Why?
    If you line up the release right.. one month.. and oopsy.. two months a subbed!! Then the LFR players get two months.. oopsy.. three months a subbed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So you know the salary's for a completely unrelated industry in a completely unrelated country, but have no actual idea if blizzard pays below others in there industry as you have no idea what other company's pay.

But I guess taking it on blind faith based off of nothing is your prerogative.
    Why do you keep assuming I work for blizzard?
    Why do you keep assuming I've made such statement in the past?
    Why do you even keep assuming I personally need to know?

It feels like its enough to listen to people who have actually worked for blizzard or at least in the industry?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Why do you keep assuming I work for blizzard?
    Why do you keep assuming I've made such statement in the past?
    Why do you even keep assuming I personally need to know?

It feels like its enough to listen to people who have actually worked for blizzard or at least in the industry?
    I’m not assuming you work for blizzard but when some one asks “do we know this is true” and you come back with “ya there has been spread sheets with pay” you'd expect them to you know have something anything, to actually back it up instead of just blindly relying on internet rumours.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I’m not assuming you work for blizzard but when some one asks “do we know this is true” and you come back with “ya there has been spread sheets with pay” you'd expect them to you know have something anything, to actually back it up instead of just blindly relying on internet rumours.
    That's fair enough. I get that.
    I've honestly just heard and read about so much for so many years it's just become a universal truth i suppose. And with the whole internal pay gap that exposed the salaries at blizzard people came out and said they were low across the board just cemented those truths.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Even time gating raid bosses in a raid now. Where will this end?
    It’s stupid they are doing it, but time gating raid bosses is on old school dev strategy used for Sunwell and ICC in WoW’s golden era.

It was dumb then and it will be dumb in 9.2.

At least they aren’t doing limited attempts, and it’s only a week instead of 2 months like ICC.

"The Jailer fight will be in a very dynamic room, with pillars and fog, and may be the craziest boss the team has done." they say this LITERALLY every tier, and every tier it's just a fight that's overtuned they never actually tested and said "WOW so much pew pew, much crazy fight we so gud" Most likely on paper it will be like archimonde and then someone will create a WA that negates a mechanic and dumbs down the fight. Cause Blizzard is shit

You can tell this raid and patch will be the only thing for a year. "hey let's just make a REALLY REALLY BIG HUGE MASSIVE ZONE! then players will think we did something and wont complain for a year for more content"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    It’s stupid they are doing it, but time gating raid bosses is on old school dev strategy used for Sunwell and ICC in WoW’s golden era.

It was dumb then and it will be dumb in 9.2.

At least they aren’t doing limited attempts, and it’s only a week instead of 2 months like ICC.
    Only ICC had limited attempts and it was during an era where guilds weren't doing splits, getting full normal BIS and then smashing their face non stop mass pulling on lich king on heroic on week one. Most guilds got to Lich king with 45+ attempts remaining and by the end of the week still had a couple left because they would discuss mechanics and pulls after every wipe..... which is how a raid fight should be...
    Don't slander shit you never did we've all seen your type on classic wow, we get it you think you did stuff but you didn't it's ok... school started up again you'll be fine...just focus on your homework

15+ Year Old Account
    Only ICC had limited attempts and it was during an era where guilds weren't doing splits, getting full normal BIS and then smashing their face non stop mass pulling on lich king on heroic on week one.
    Ulduar had limited attempts with the 1-hour timer on Algalon. ToC had 50 raid-wide attempts with bonus loot for 25 attempts left. It was more then just ICC. ICC also just used it for the end bosses of the wings and the Lich King. It started at 10 attempts and went up over time. So next time you want to be all arrogant and insulting you might want to actually know what you are talking about.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/limited...plained-137766

That wowhead link talks about all 3 systems. Don't use it to critique the details of the link as I just took the first link from google that indicate your inaccuracy and it references the other limited attempt systems Blizzard used.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

"The Jailer fight will be in a very dynamic room, with pillars and fog, and may be the craziest boss the team has done." they say this LITERALLY every tier, and every tier it's just a fight that's overtuned they never actually tested and said "WOW so much pew pew, much crazy fight we so gud" Most likely on paper it will be like archimonde and then someone will create a WA that negates a mechanic and dumbs down the fight. Cause Blizzard is shit

You can tell this raid and patch will be the only thing for a year. "hey let's just make a REALLY REALLY BIG HUGE MASSIVE ZONE! then players will think we did something and wont complain for a year for more content"

- - - Updated - - -

Only ICC had limited attempts and it was during an era where guilds weren't doing splits, getting full normal BIS and then smashing their face non stop mass pulling on lich king on heroic on week one. Most guilds got to Lich king with 45+ attempts remaining and by the end of the week still had a couple left because they would discuss mechanics and pulls after every wipe..... which is how a raid fight should be...
    Don't slander shit you never did we've all seen your type on classic wow, we get it you think you did stuff but you didn't it's ok... school started up again you'll be fine...just focus on your homework
    Limited attempts is what started popularizing split runs and mass alt…

Level and gear alts was a way to get more pulls in and get around the limited attempts, then once alts exhaust their lockout mains run last.

Are you sure you actually played back then lol?