Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's interesting you just posted that. Lloyd's numbers are fantastic - I would love to see him win those awards, more joy for the Pac-12. Why it's interesting is because I just came across this article, entirely germane to our ongoing conversation re Lloyd and Thib.

Why The Best Pass Rusher In College Football Doesn’t Get Many Sacks

Interesting analysis - and really explains the disparity between numbers and draft potential. And yeah, Thib isn't going to win a single defensive award in college football. But the overall consensus is that he goes #1 in the draft.
    Hmm. Lloyd leads the PAC12 and possibly the nation in sacks, TFLs, and straight up tackles. He even has a pick six. I think Thib is good, but he needs at least another season before going to the NFL imo, assuming he is a sophomore like you mentioned, and not a senior this year.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Hmm. Lloyd leads the PAC12 and possibly the nation in sacks, TFLs, and straight up tackles. He even has a pick six. I think Thib is good, but he needs at least another season before going to the NFL imo, assuming he is a sophomore like you mentioned, and not a senior this year.
    You should read the article, it's an interesting analysis, going much deeper than I could, about Thib being the phenomenon that he is compared to other players with better stats. Thib is a sophomore.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-11-13 at 12:08 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    You should read the article, it's an interesting analysis, going much deeper than I could, about Thib being the phenomenon that he is compared to other players with better stats. Thib is a sophomore.
    Don't get me wrong, Thib is AMAZING at pass rush. Devin is amazing at literally everything, so it's almost unfair to compare the two. One's a pass rusher, the other is an all around defensive LB.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, Thib is AMAZING at pass rush. Devin is amazing at literally everything, so it's almost unfair to compare the two. One's a pass rusher, the other is an all around defensive LB.
    I think that's why Thib is getting called out for going pro this year, not just first round, but #1 pick. Frankly, this will be one of the few times I actually care about the NFL draft.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think that's why Thib is getting called out for going pro this year, not just first round, but #1 pick.
    As a sophomore, IIRC he's not even eligible for the draft. You have to be a junior at minimum, it was a very controversial rule while Clemson's old QB from the 2018 class was still in school.
    Frankly, this will be one of the few times I actually care about the NFL draft.
    I enjoy the draft more than I do most NFL games, probably because I don't think of it as NFL teams drafting players, but college players I enjoy getting to go pro and make bank, as well as another type of college football event
    @Crissi; @xskarma; is bashing the NFL allowed if I'm pro AAF?.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-11-13 at 01:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends."NFL sucks, I prefer the AAF because ___' is ok. Repeatedly saying NFL (or any other subject) sucks, or bashing on those who enjoy it, not ok because it just leads to heated arguments and not constructive or interesting arguments.

5+ Year Old Account
    The NCAA could benefit from a few rules of the former AAF: Sky Judge for example

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a sophomore, IIRC he's not even eligible for the draft. You have to be a junior at minimum, it was a very controversial rule while Clemson's old QB from the 2018 class was still in school.

I enjoy the draft more than I do most NFL games, probably because I don't think of it as NFL teams drafting players, but college players I enjoy getting to go pro and make bank, as well as another type of college football event
    @Crissi; @xskarma; is bashing the NFL allowed if I'm pro AAF?.
    Everyone says he going #1 this season, including this mock 2022 nfl draft. I don't know the NFL rules very well, and I don't care to, but if people are talking about it all over the place, I'm guessing they know.

You should seriously read the article - it's a great analysis, including an item about number of snaps, which gives good context to why he's labeled the #1 draft pick. I always just find it interesting.

I'm fully rooting for Lloyd to nab as many NCAA awards as possible. The pac-12 needs as much love as it can get.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Cincy finally won an easy game against a shitty opponent. That makes them 1-2 in that particular category. I'm fully behind my hypocrisy in regards to Cincy being a threat to make the CFP when my team is also in the mix. Their ND win is great, but if they keep barely beating shitty non-P5 teams, not sure why anyone cares what their record is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Cincy and oregon to cfp

- - - Updated - - -

Unconn leading Clemson 7 to 0 after taking opening kickoff to the house

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Fake field goal for TD

- - - Updated - - -
    @Pendulous; Explain being in a shootout with Samford

10+ Year Old Account
    What is even going on with Florida?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'm suddenly very confident of going into the swamp and winning next year.

Also Sanford to CFP /s

- - - Updated - - -

NEPHI WHY IN THE FLYING FUCK WOULD YOU JUMP THERE

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And people are going to argue that "wow, the whole SEC is tough", because FL took it to the end with Alabama. But just the opposite is the case, the SEC isn't nearly the powerhouse conference people pretend it to be. Good teams on there, of course, dominant teams - but the whole conference, nope.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is embarrassing on defense

- - - Updated - - -

OU about to drop a game to Baylor

- - - Updated - - -

LETS GO CAM RISING

- - - Updated - - -

THICCBOI7!!!!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    OU about to drop a game to Baylor
    This Baylor game is nuts. OU is two scores behind, 6ish minutes left, and Baylor has the ball.

I think OU defense left after the third quarter. And that's game. Baylor upsets OU. 1 top10 already down. I'm sure more to come.

Holy shit - Penn State just scored on Michigan. All tied up.

- - - Updated - - -

This is embarrassing on defense
    Ummmmm, wtf is going on with Utah...?

This Baylor game is nuts. OU is two scores behind, 6ish minutes left, and Baylor has the ball.

I think OU defense left after the third quarter. And that's game. Baylor upsets OU. 1 top10 already down. I'm sure more to come.

Holy shit - Penn State just scored on Michigan. All tied up.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummmmm, wtf is going on with Utah...?
    Yup, a nice scoreboard so far for Notre Dame fans! Michigan and OU losses bump us up from 31% to 37% if we win out (using the 538 model). Cincy and Oregon are the big ones we need to worry about though.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I want them to show up against Penn State and Ohio State first. If they get through those games with their pride intact then sure, send them to a good bowl.

No way they make the CFP though. They'd have to go undefeated and I'm not trusting a Harbaugh team to do it unless they prove to me they can do it at least just ONCE that they don;t buckle in a big game when the pressure is on and they HAVE to win. The MSU loss was yet another notch on the wrong side of that equation.

I'm done giving Michigan the benefit of the doubt in Football.
    And they don't look like they showed up for the Penn State game. I think you're right about Harbaugh - he just can't deliver on the big games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Yup, a nice scoreboard so far for Notre Dame fans! Michigan and OU losses bump us up from 31% to 37% if we win out (using the 538 model). Cincy and Oregon are the big ones we need to worry about though.
    I'd love to see ND come in ahead of Cincy. I just don't see Cincy doing anything but winning out, and if they do that, the CFP seems to want them in, especially if a current top-4 drops. And we already know Alabama will drop out.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Just...wow. Michigan scores. Leads 21-17. Penn State needs a TD to win. And their QB looks pretty banged up.

5+ Year Old Account
    TaRgEtInG
    RoUgHiNg ThE PaSsEr

10+ Year Old Account
    ahahaha, thanks Baylor.

Also, FLorida letting Samford scoring 52 on them should probably have Mullen fired.

It's interesting because Oklahoma's CFP ranking was already so low, as if the committee was expecting a loss, that it might not even actually drop much after this one.

5+ Year Old Account
    Minus three horrendous calls and Utah leads 28-0.
    As it is, we're leading in the half.

- - - Updated - - -

ahahaha, thanks Baylor.

Also, FLorida letting Samford scoring 52 on them should probably have Mullen fired.
    most scored by a FCS team against a SEC team... ever