Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    More like it's a massive game and making sure every model looks good 100% of the time is kind of unreasonable.
    If they were putting it out at half price or something I would agree with you.

For full price it is very much reasonable.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account

I was thinking about buying it, but, holy shit what have they done. How can you make something look far worse than the original ones...
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

watched a stream of these games last night and "rough" is an understatement. they shouldn't have been released in the state they're in.

From what I've seen they more or less play like they did originally. I think people just had the wrong expectations for what was clearly a remaster not a remake.

There are definitely graphical problems that need fixing but the issues are largely overblown.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen they more or less play like they did originally. I think people just had the wrong expectations for what was clearly a remaster not a remake.

There are definitely graphical problems that need fixing but the issues are largely overblown.
    Maybe if they didn't remove the original games it might not look like such a soul less lazy cash grab
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Maybe if they didn't remove the original games it might not look like such a soul less lazy cash grab
    or charge $60, yes it's three games, but they're games that are nearly 20 years old and clearly they couldn't bother to do much of anything in terms of updating the graphics...

So apparently the definitive edition is buggier than cybperbunk

7+ Year Old Account

Yeeee, just some graphical problems:

This remake was done by a company producing mobile games, and it really shows in graphics.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-14 at 09:46 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Then again maybe I'm biased because racing games are a complete waste of time and energy imo the only thing they have going is graphics, the games to me are boring as heck, if I wanted to drive a car I've go outside and get in one.
    The problem with that is I don't own an Audio Quattro S1 or an MG Metro 6R4 and if I did I would never drive them the way I do in dirt rally 2....driving games have their place especially with a full sim setup

As to GTA remakes / remasters whatever...well i'm annoyed I never picked up the originals for under a tenner for all 3 during any of the many many times they went on sale....hell with a couple of mods they can look fantastic unlike the official remakes.....
    Last edited by Attackrabbit; 2021-11-14 at 02:23 PM.

I went back and tried to play these about 9 years ago. GTA 3 was unplayable for me. I managed to adapt to VC, though my copy was buggy and kept crashing about half way through. The only one I could finish was SA. It took some time to adjust to it, but once I did I loved it. The graphics didn't bother me, but the mechanics was an issue, especially in 3, I found it unplayable. I remember thinking "how did I ever manage to play this back in the day?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeeee, just some graphical problems:

This remake was done by a company producing mobile games, and it really shows in graphics.
    See the fact that these are the only screen shots you ever see being passed around is proof it's not actually as big a problem as people make it out to be.

Has Rockstar said anything about this mess or are they too busy taking down more mods?
    https://kotaku.com/take-two-interact...a-s-1848053219

7+ Year Old Account
    See the fact that these are the only screen shots you ever see being passed around is proof it's not actually as big a problem as people make it out to be.
    Because showing off most glaring ones is not the norm? Seems like you just don't want to see any issues with the game, but you are very alone in it. There are still there.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-14 at 03:52 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Because showing off most glaring ones is not the norm? Seems like you just don't want to see any issues with the game, but you are very alone in it. There are still there.
    No their are issues they just aren't as widespread as people make it out to be. Like there are other issues besides a handful of goofy looking models yet that's all anyone talks about despite being a relatively minor issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    No their are issues they just aren't as widespread as people make it out to be. Like there are other issues besides a handful of goofy looking models yet that's all anyone talks about despite being a relatively minor issue.
    No, it's not a "relatively" minor issue, when existing mods did a 1000 times better job for free, but Rockstar de-listed original trilogy and made us pay 60$ for this crap.

Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-14 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    That's pretty much the cherry on top. It's like the Warcraft 3 Reforged fiasco never happened as far as Rockstar is concerned

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not a "relatively" minor issue, when existing mods did a 1000 times better job for free, but Rockstar de-listed original trilogy and made us pay 60$ for this crap.
    There is no option for separate buy? Cause 20$ would be pretty standard price for remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    That's pretty much the cherry on top. It's like the Warcraft 3 Reforged fiasco never happened as far as Rockstar is concerned
    Even before that buying game on steam wouldn't give you same game you played 20 years ago. They removed looot of music, in GTA IV they even removed my favourite track that is connected to my best memories from game (Gruppa Krovi).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-11-14 at 04:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Even before that buying game on steam wouldn't give you same game you played 20 years ago. They removed looot of music, in GTA IV they even removed my favourite track that is connected to my best memories from game (Gruppa Krovi).
    Technically, they didn't. Music is still there in the files. Does it mean they broke the copyright rules?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-14 at 04:26 PM.

Technically, they didn't. Music is still there in the files. Does it mean they broke the copyright rules?
    To normal people? Probably not. To the sociopaths in the music industry? The lawyers are already getting ready, I expect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    wow vice city without micheal jackson, guess im not buying it.
    with the licensing fees that will NEVER happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    more like take two was busy taking notes when activision blizzard launched warcrafted:refunded. "hold my beer" is what comes to mind concerning this release. blizzard ruined one game so taketwo had to go ruin three games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    There is no option for separate buy? Cause 20$ would be pretty standard price for remaster.

technically they didn't remove it. the license expired. the music industry doesn't care about your memories.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.