Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You're right -- perhaps Blizzard should buy a couple of game developer boosts from sweetgamedevs.org. They could save all the hassle of having to train and acclimate people to the process.
    I think the observation being made is that excuse worked eight years ago.

It even might’ve worked four years ago.

But I was a kid when they started using that excuse and now I’d be a qualified applicant for the role you’re discussing. Comes a time it doesn’t fly anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Simply because it was in Wotlk, doesn't mean it was good.

Matter of fact, i think most people have simply forgotten how timegated TotC and ICC were, let alone the BS they've tried with limited attempts.
    But in hindsight its looked upon as a great xpac. That may suggest that these issues werent that big of a deal anyway? If it fits delayed for story purposes, it might be a cool thing. That is - if they deliver decent storytelling and it all makes sense. Thats a whooole different thing though - it might just make no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    But in hindsight its looked upon as a great xpac. That may suggest that these issues werent that big of a deal anyway?
    If your precedent is based on "people just forgotten it", then i don't think it's a good precedent.

Blizzard could also implement an extremely limited limited currency, which is the only source of acquiring Tier sets and one of the sources is the daily heroic - i doubt the reception would be that great either, despite being a replica of Emblem of Frost in Wotlk.

Again, simply because something was in Wotlk, doesn't mean it was great, this is simply an aspect most people have forgotten about because it wasn't relevant anymore after ~2 months, especially because ICC lasted for almost an entire year.

And especially with the luke warm the reception that the story had so far, i don't think you'll be winning over people with it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    By introducing the most boring, but somehow kinda rewarding content called "world quests"?
    Yeah, world quests in legion were massively overrated and the legiondary system was awful. The legiondary system released today would cause a massive shitstorm - back then it was universally disliked but not nearly to the degree that would happen today.

Legion's strengths were m+, which was best when it was new (before everyone had to memorize an exact route before entering) and a lot of raid content.

People overrated world quests because they were busy explaining why it was better than wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Havoc will be there with Venthyr using eye beam + Covenant Leggo
    MW monk will be around both SiT and AtotM are our bis leggos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Incentive to do normal - LFR is not raiding
    Well for one you are wrong because of the story elements present in it and it being the most popular form, it is required. Regardless, it does nothing to incentivize normal raiding, only not subbing for two - three months after patch release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    To make the content appear to last longer, as it's going to be 12-18 months before something new is released
    A one week delay does not make the content last longer. Because the final 3 bosses open up the same week as Mythic raiding. The only raiding content that is artificially prolonged in LFR. Because they give it a multi week delay even to long sometimes. As you can start to lose interest by the time you can do the final boss/wing and also out gear the rewards from it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

"this is actually the ending of a series of story lines starting from Warcraft 3."

This is such effing bullshit, oh my frickin lord. As if the whole lore hasn't been rewritten six times since the previous expansion.

Sure, void lords were planned all along. The Lich King was always the jailer. The burning legion never had anything to do with it. Right, this is what they intended all along. Sure.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I realize I'm turning into a geezer but it's just so god damned sad to see something you used to love be turned into a joke that they even have to straight up lie about.
    Last edited by Preach07; 2021-11-14 at 09:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach07 View Post
    Sure, void lords were planned all along. The Lich King was always the jailer. The burning legion never had anything to do with it. Right, this is what they intended all along. Sure.
    They never said they planned it all along. Read carefully. They said this is the ending of stories that started back in Warcraft 3. It is amazing how angry people get at something that they never actually said. It isn't a straight up lie. You are just looking to get angry about something so you picked this.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by tomolak View Post
    "Patch 9.2 will be the finale of Shadowlands." Ah, my prayers have been answered. Put this abomination out of its misery...then move on to creating a greater abomination.
    It is good it's the last patch but I have a feeling this patch will be out for the length of 9.2 and 9.3 if it did exist, at least they get more time to work on the next great expansion which will be good........ right?

Quote Originally Posted by Preach07 View Post
    "this is actually the ending of a series of story lines starting from Warcraft 3."

This is such effing bullshit, oh my frickin lord. As if the whole lore hasn't been rewritten six times since the previous expansion.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I realize I'm turning into a geezer but it's just so god damned sad to see something you used to love be turned into a joke that they even have to straight up lie about.
    Show us your proof they lief about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    It is good it's the last patch but I have a feeling this patch will be out for the length of 9.2 and 9.3 if it did exist, at least they get more time to work on the next great expansion which will be good........ right?
    Unless they jerk us around for a year plus only to say there will be no 10.0 and put the game into maintenance mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless they jerk us around for a year plus only to say there will be no 10.0 and put the game into maintenance mode.
    Which won't happen as long as Activision Blizzard cares about making money. The only way they would ever abandon WoW is if they had a replacement established and even then they would likely still release stuff for WoW. Everquest still makes money. EQ1 had revenue of $11.5 million and EQ2 $6.5 in 2020. Activision Blizzard won't put WoW in maintenance mode any time soon. Any body who really believes that is fooling themselves.

The game can and will make money for a while. Just not as much. But I can't imagine you would turn down $50 million just because it isn't $100 million. Or maybe you would and that is why you don't run a billion dollar gaming company.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

The game can and will make money for a while. Just not as much. But I can't imagine you would turn down $50 million just because it isn't $100 million. Or maybe you would and that is why you don't run a billion dollar gaming company.
    I am so humbled after reading this post. I feel like I've wasted my life, not running a billion dollar company, not raping my female employees, not overcompensating with pointless virtue signaling and toxic wokeness rather than administering justice and fixing the company.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am so humbled after reading this post. I feel like I've wasted my life, not running a billion dollar company, not raping my female employees, not overcompensating with pointless virtue signaling and toxic wokeness rather than administering justice and fixing the company.
    Right. You have no idea about any of that. As you don't fix the company by cutting off a large portion of its revenue just because.

Cant fathom why people go around thinking wow will soon be put "into maintenance mode". Its so weird.

And i was laughed at when 6months ago i said that 9.2 is gonna be the last Shadowlands patch....

5+ Year Old Account
    I just watched 12 minute interview on Youtube about Zereth Mortis and love they way they are dedicated to bring this patch.
    Don't care about the shitstorm that Blizzard and WoW receives so far.
    Sure I am gonna enjoy 9.2.. amazing story line

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A grind isn't inherent to the design of an MMO. Sitting there mindlessly killing furblogs while watching stuff on a second monitor is barely any different then what you claim "AFK-fest" is. All types of gating content are important to MMO's and they all have their place. Your argument also forgets that raid lock outs exist and are a core feature of WoW. They are only there to time-gate the acquisition rate of loot. Not to mention the entire purpose of RNG loot is to time gate based on luck.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet you claimed Blizzard lied when they said they planned it from the start even though that is not what they actually said. Your own, false, argument requires a story to be 100% known from the start in order for it to be a valid attack.
    Yes, and when RNG is removed, you will cry about having everything already.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Lmao

“We always planned for it to be only 3 content patches.”

OOOKAYY BLIZz wink wink
    why you put on quotation mark when you dont quote anything, but making things up?
    they said shadowlands story arc have three acts, that doesnt necesarily mean 3 patches, they could have some "sidestep" content (like mechagon in BFA or troll dungeons in cata) prepared for patches in between the shadowlands story arc, which could be cut and we would never know...
    which wouldnt surprise me if they had some "buffer" after WoD where they cut middle of story arc and we know how well that went

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    didn't they say that like 5 years ago and then hilariously failed?
    well tbh they wanted more frequent expansions back then not content, more frequent content doesnt necesarily mean we will get more, more like theyll cut patches, for example puting tazavesh as standalone patch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    holy shit. its WoD all over again.

and to think ppl expected 9.3
    eh... lets be fair, wod had only one content patch 6.1 should never be called patch, it was basicaly hotfixes + twiter integration