Page 1 of 2
LastLast

we Should have Weight Options Customizations by now

i am Loving the amount of new customization options that came with SLands and even 9.15
    but I think its also time to take the next step and add weight proportion options.
    There is really no down side.....unless ppl intend to troll each other with offensive names to go with a certainly sized characters

but why isnt this an option already??
    Other games including VR games on steam allow you to create your avatars with weight options.
    i would Like to have certain non-KT human toons of mine be heavier set or even skinnier compared to the generic, based on the Fantasy i am trying to play out.
    Last edited by Local Skinwalker; 2021-11-14 at 06:53 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    There is really no down side.....unless ppl intend to troll each other with offensive names to go with a certainly sized characters
    Trust me, it's the internet. If it can be done, it will be done.

I dont want to see loads of fatties running about my screen. Its bad enough seeing Kul Tiran and Pandas

Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    I dont want to see loads of fatties running about my screen. Its bad enough seeing Kul Tiran and Pandas
    this is a prime of example of non-reasons that Should not be taken seriously
    i mean really, what harm does this do for you??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Trust me, it's the internet. If it can be done, it will be done.
    yeah i Dont doubt this.......but if you are going by my example , and it is a problem with the Name only, isnt that already an issue in the game with offensive names for characters??

15+ Year Old Account
    It's more about the limitations of WoW's old ass engine. If you only have to load one body type for each race and gender combo, that's it, it's loaded into active memory. You apply skin color, face # whatever, and hair + hair color and the character is loaded.

The more custimzations and sliders you add, the more of a toll it takes, and on an old engine like WoW's, it'd probably make the engine explode for a lot of people.

That and at this point, Blizzard doesn't want body shaming memes with all the hugely bad press already swarming around the company.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

5+ Year Old Account
    yeah i Dont doubt this.......but if you are going by my example , and it is a problem with the Name only, isnt that already an issue in the game with offensive names for characters??
    Yes, it is already a problem with names. My fear with weight customization isn't so much the abuse but the policing of abuse. Blizzard polices by simply removing features or pieces of content rather than punishing the abusers. Or, I should say, when abuse of a feature becomes a big enough problem, Blizzard simply removes that feature. (Thinking of the recent removal of /joke content that "may be offensive to some".) As a result, well-behaved players are punished for the wrongs of a few poor-behaved players.

No one wants to see fat fucks more than necessary

i am Loving the amount of new customization options that came with SLands and even 9.15
    but I think its also time to take the next step and add weight proportion options.

but why isnt this an option already??
    Other games including VR games on steam allow you to create your avatars with weight options.
    i would Like to have certain non-KT human toons of mine be heavier set or even skinnier compared to the generic, based on the Fantasy i am trying to play out.
    I would make a morbidly obese female gnome warlock named "Foodball, conqueror of Orgrimmar".
    My reign of terror in random battlegrounds would be unmatched to such an extent that i would consider trying to go for the title "Salty".

Naturally you can only indirectly affect your weight depending on the food you eat.
    Otherwise we'd have to calculate howmuch energy it costs me to shove detonating imps up people's crevices.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    No one wants to see fat fucks more than necessary

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I would make a morbidly obese female gnome warlock named "Foodball, conqueror of Orgrimmar".
    My reign of terror in random battlegrounds would be unmatched to such an extent that i would consider trying to go for the title "Salty".

Naturally you can only indirectly affect your weight depending on the food you eat.
    Otherwise we'd have to calculate howmuch energy it costs me to shove detonating imps up people's crevices.

i Must admit, these replies are giving me a chuckle.....but i guess it Also highlights the potential issues of abuse that could be done.
    I Suppose there would be those who would be offended by fatter characters running around , and those who would be offended by other players /pointing at them and calling them " fat fucks"
    it Just sucks that those alone would prevent Blizz from adding these customization options

that or as @Cthulhu 2020 pointed out , is game engine limitations

it would screw up with the models/gear appearance and general animations & blizz doesnt want to invest effort into making it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    ^Your post is why I'll make a bunch fat funky ass toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the models weren't designed to have weight sliders as a possibility. Changing it would be prohibitively difficult.

Or in technical terms:

Adding a new set of blend shapes to accommodate for different sizes in every race would not only be prohibitively time consuming, but would also potentially cause problems with the animation cycles as they're layered onto the newly deformed meshes, in addition to likely causing problems in respect to the anchoring of armor pieces that add additional geometry AND cause potential UV stretching/squashing issues depending on the extent to which the blend shapes alter the original character's mesh.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

this is a prime of example of non-reasons that Should not be taken seriously
    i mean really, what harm does this do for you??
    It's a thing snowflakes do, you know, the people who call everyone else a snowflake when those others recoil at their obviously bad takes. When in truth, they get upset themselves about things that don't even affect them.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

It's really simple - armor. Truth be told, MOST armor sets look absolutely terrible on KT and Pandas. It always looks distorted and stretched, which it obviously is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

While I can't see a slider, I can totally see some races getting alternate builds based on existing NPC models that already work with most armor. Gaunt male blood elves and humans, bulky forest trolls and thicker female blood elves are all models we've seen on NPCs already so it probably wouldn't be hard to put them in the game.

i Must admit, these replies are giving me a chuckle.....but i guess it Also highlights the potential issues of abuse that could be done.
    I Suppose there would be those who would be offended by fatter characters running around , and those who would be offended by other players /pointing at them and calling them " fat fucks"
    it Just sucks that those alone would prevent Blizz from adding these customization options
    To be fair this didn't stop them from adding different ethnicities to WoW, because as depressing as it is, most of the dark-skinned characters I've seen are just racist jokes and my own black human mage gets an uncomfortable amount of racist jokes.

WoW's community is depressing and ruins everything, but it shouldn't stop Blizzard from adding stuff anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and huge boobs for blood elves please.

7+ Year Old Account
    if it didnt happen now it probably will never happen currently only mods fill that void sadly
    would use glorious super big pandaren tail every day over the inferior ones ingame

I mean, give me the skinny Kul Tirans and i'm changed for life.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yes and huge boobs for blood elves please.
    Yeah, make it happen already.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's more about the limitations of WoW's old ass engine. If you only have to load one body type for each race and gender combo, that's it, it's loaded into active memory. You apply skin color, face # whatever, and hair + hair color and the character is loaded.

The more custimzations and sliders you add, the more of a toll it takes, and on an old engine like WoW's, it'd probably make the engine explode for a lot of people.

That and at this point, Blizzard doesn't want body shaming memes with all the hugely bad press already swarming around the company.
    WoW doesn't need to add sliders; Blizzard could have just added thin human and fat human models as barber shop options for human races.

The bulky orc and bulky troll models could have also been added as options but I don't think those models have all of the player animations so more work would have been needed to add them.