Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    So, what you're saying is, a lot of early raid epics were horribly itemized, to the point where blue gear was superior? And this is supposedly "much better"?
    I mean, that results in people being less reliant on raiding to gear their characters, which is not a bad thing in a enviroment where you get 2-4 pieces on 40 people per boss.

How do you know it's a 1% drop chance?

Looks like you just want to make some asspull assumptions and drama out of nothing.

Awh yes, the anniversary mount.

I remember them adding the cool Deathwing mount 2 years ago.
    I also remember not seeing anyone use that mount for the past 2 years after like 2 weeks passed from the anniversary.

Really important to complain about a mount you wouldn't ever use.
    Hell, most likely you don't ever use the Deathwing mount either. Now you might that I pointed it out. But let's not kid ourselves. Who cares.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

"Easily" farmable isn't even close. I've been farming that thing daily with at least 10 alts (if not more) daily ever since it came out and still don't have it.
    i mean queue up for dungeon fail queue with twink fail again just takes a few minutes per run but yes the drop rate is abysmal

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine in an alternative world the 1% drop chance reward is the new store mount. (in that alternative world many people would activate their subs to have a shot at it)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Game is trash, has been for ages, let it go and move on. I honestly think based on what I've seen if you suddenly removed the playerbase that primarily plays to farm old content that there'd be 70% less people playing.
    But but this time they will have the council of wisdom to talk about great ideas with.. and and they will select people wiff da bestest ideas to save the game with.. and and no way the will be shills because they don't need more yes men.. but but..

Yeah. Let's be real. They will either be ignored or be "positive" thinkers that nod and smile in agreement. Probably for social media cred.

Yeah. It's trash.

This playerbase is just ridiculous.

Get nothing but the xp buff? Throw a tantrum.

Get something? Criticize it and throw a tantrum.

I sincerely don't understand such entitlement, and its so widespread nowadays. Geez Louise.

Also, its a meaningless 17th year anniversary, as already stated by others. Expect 'bigger' things at particular important landmarks, 10, 15, 20, etc...
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-11-15 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a mount? Okay, that's nice I guess - I only ever use one mount anyway so it probably couldn't possibly matter less.

What a weird thing to complain about. But then again, this is MMO Champion and the addicts likes to complain about the game they don't play anymore but are still emotionally addicted to.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This playerbase is just ridiculous.

Get nothing but the xp buff? Throw a tantrum.

Get something? Criticize it and throw a tantrum.

I sincerely don't understand such entitlement, and its so widespread nowadays. Geez Louise.

Also, its a meaningless 17th year anniversary, as already stated by others. Expect 'bigger' things at particular important landmarks, 10, 15, 20, etc...
    It is a sad pattern for the WoW player base..

Don't get something, RAGE!
    Get something, RAGE because of wrong!
    Get something, RAGE because of effort!
    Get something, RAGE because of not enough!

And the final...

... RAGE because the game is doing something and people haven't quit yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chend View Post
    So not only is it really hard to get, but if I do get it, I don't even want to use it?

We already have gotten better dragonhawk mounts, the armored versions have updated models. This is shit.

Then again, I guess the problem sort of solves itself. Then I don't even have to try and get it.

Remember when we got the Deathwing mount 2 years ago? That and the core hound were the only times we ever got cool gifts for an anniversary.
    I cant believe people are defending this. How can you find it reasonable to farm 1% drop chance "anniversary" mount. It's like they are doing their best to keep us busy so that they can release 9.2 late.

What about that The Originals quest? Do those world bosses also drop something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are you guys so sure that the mount will stay as low quality as it is right now? I'm expecting them to update all the old classic-tbc era mounts with the next expansion to bring them in line with current graphics. All they need to do is update the dragonhawk npc's and they will also have a HD version of their mounts.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Chend View Post
    So not only is it really hard to get, but if I do get it, I don't even want to use it?

We already have gotten better dragonhawk mounts, the armored versions have updated models. This is shit.

Then again, I guess the problem sort of solves itself. Then I don't even have to try and get it.

Remember when we got the Deathwing mount 2 years ago? That and the core hound were the only times we ever got cool gifts for an anniversary.
    Srsly though... I don't get it why the raid where you get the deathwing mount just isn't available every year. It seems like Blizzard puts in the most effort on one-time things.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Srsly though... I don't get it why the raid where you get the deathwing mount just isn't available every year. It seems like Blizzard puts in the most effort on one-time things.
    It's almost as if the 10th or the 15th anniversary (with said mount reward) were bigger landmarks, as opposed to the 17th.

Also, if they did that, people who got it on the 15th anniversary would complain that people would still be getting it after, no longer being 'exclusive' or special! The audacity!

Lose lose for blizzard. They do a lot of things wrong, but this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why are you guys so sure that the mount will stay as low quality as it is right now? I'm expecting them to update all the old classic-tbc era mounts with the next expansion to bring them in line with current graphics. All they need to do is update the dragonhawk npc's and they will also have a HD version of their mounts.
    It definitely won't happen. People asked about this in BfA and they said no as they would rather add new models you can earn through rather than just updating what people have. And that's basically what they've done so far besides the worgen racial mounts (which are 2 plain horses).

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    I cant believe people are defending this. How can you find it reasonable to farm 1% drop chance "anniversary" mount. It's like they are doing their best to keep us busy so that they can release 9.2 late.
    How do you know it's 1% drop chance?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It is as if they had some monetary incentive to artificially restrict collectibles that are actually easily available.

I am rather certain that when Blizzard offers an extremely unique mount from a rather trivial achievement but only for a limited time, FOMO subs are part of the calculation.
    It's supposed to set a precedent, if you see a unique mount that's only available for a limited time, resub now or it's gone forever.
    Also, if they did that, people who got it on the 15th anniversary would complain that people would still be getting it after, no longer being 'exclusive' or special! The audacity!
    Because a lot of people care about the value of something that is effectively a participation trophy.

It's almost as if the 10th or the 15th anniversary (with said mount reward) were bigger landmarks, as opposed to the 17th.

Lose lose for blizzard. They do a lot of things wrong, but this is not one of them.
    I've got the mount myself and I don't give a shit if someone else gets it at this event. It has been proven from time to time again that "these" people who complain about this shit are at best a tiny vocal minority, but realistically half of them are just trolls.

It's stupid that they add content that takes significant amount of time for them to create as well as special mounts and then they only make this content available one time. Meanwhile, they add a shitty recolor of an existing mount, which we know will be available every year. If Blizzard is milking us this hard already, then they can at least milk us with decent content and loot. Win win for everyone.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-11-15 at 01:23 PM.

Small indie company, please understand.

I'd be disappointed if it was 1% fomo grab but i need a source for that chief...