Eh most random groups aren't THAT bad. In my over 60 runs I can count the runs that actually ended in failure on one hand. Certainly not enough to go to the lengths of directly organizing groups.

That being said, I'm starting to think that I might actually want to go back to doing Delubrum Reginae. I have the feeling <5 min Queue, >95% success chance and <40 minute runs for 2 emotions is better than than camping for The Dalriada for 1-60 minutes, slogging through it for 40+ minutes, having lesser success chance, only to get 1 extra raw emotion. I still need 6 weapon upgrades for the final tier, and while most of them look horrible, I kinda just wanna do it for completion sake now. But I also kinda want to finish some more ray powers, which is definitely easier in Zadnor than any other place there. Too bad the CE's in Zadnor don't drop raw emotions as well, like they did timeworn artifacts in BSF.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-15 at 02:09 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Eh most random groups aren't THAT bad. In my over 60 runs I can count the runs that actually ended in failure on one hand. Certainly not enough to go to the lengths of directly organizing groups.

That being said, I'm starting to think that I might actually want to go back to doing Delubrum Reginae. I have the feeling <5 min Queue, >95% success chance and <40 minute runs for 2 emotions is better than than camping for The Dalriada for 1-60 minutes, slogging through it for 40+ minutes, having lesser success chance, only to get 1 extra raw emotion. I still need 6 weapon upgrades for the final tier, and while most of them look horrible, I kinda just wanna do it for completion sake now. But I also kinda want to finish some more ray powers, which is definitely easier in Zadnor than any other place there. Too bad the CE's in Zadnor don't drop raw emotions as well, like they did timeworn artifacts in BSF.
    If you are going to grind DR have a look at the party finder. Depending on which Data center you are on there are usually premade groups that are running it. Those complete everything in about half the time as a random queuing. Most just require you to bring pure essences which are really easy to get with either clusters or from the market board.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yeah, Castrum really sucks in that you pretty much have to join your datacenter's castrum farm discord and sign up for a group on the weekends to get it done, and it's a lengthy process where you might spend an hour or two waiting for the group to form, and then half an hour ingame just popping in and out of Bozja hopping everyone gets into the same instance, and then waiting for Castrum to spawn, and then the actual 30-45 minute long run of it. You have to set aside your whole afternoon to do it.
    Wait what, is your data center really that dead?

If I wanna do Castrum LL I just pop into southern front, wait for CLL to spawn and then hop in. Most of the time we have ~20 members which is enough to do it. Even if we don't free all 6 prisoners, getting it done is pretty easy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Wait what, is your data center really that dead?

If I wanna do Castrum LL I just pop into southern front, wait for CLL to spawn and then hop in. Most of the time we have ~20 members which is enough to do it. Even if we don't free all 6 prisoners, getting it done is pretty easy.
    I'm on Crystal, the most populated DC in NA. I had the opposite experience of @Felis igneus; I can count the number of successful Castrum/Dalriada runs I had (without using the farm discord) on one hand. Almost every time I queued for Castrum/Dalriada normally, we just didn't get enough people to do it (or didn't have organization), and then we wipe and don't have enough time to finish and you wasted all of that time and lost mettle. IIRC they may have latter nerfed Castrum but I haven't tried it in a while, too burnt out by the whole experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Crystal, the most populated DC in NA. I had the opposite experience of @Felis igneus; I can count the number of successful Castrum/Dalriada runs I had (without using the farm discord) on one hand. Almost every time I queued for Castrum/Dalriada normally, we just didn't get enough people to do it (or didn't have organization), and then we wipe and don't have enough time to finish and you wasted all of that time and lost mettle. IIRC they may have latter nerfed Castrum but I haven't tried it in a while, too burnt out by the whole experience.
    That's weird, i did all 80 relics, so there were a lot of CLL runs, but in my experience i can count the times we didnt finish on one hand - playing on Light EU

DR on the other hand, i only did with speedrungroups, as 60 min in there just grates on the very essence of my soul.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2021-11-15 at 09:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crystal has the most characters, but Aether has more level 80 characters. Crystal in general is just bad for raiding unfortunately.

Does someone know what all the lvl 50+ Bard-bots are doing? Do people actually buy GIL in FFXIV and.... how come they aren't getting banned considering how supposedly easy it is to get banned in FFXIV when you fart in the wrong direction?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Does someone know what all the lvl 50+ Bard-bots are doing? Do people actually buy GIL in FFXIV and.... how come they aren't getting banned considering how supposedly easy it is to get banned in FFXIV when you fart in the wrong direction?
    What do you mean "Bard bots?"

As in, Bards sitting around playing music using a bot, or specifically Bards being the ones shouting for gil selling in cities?

Either way, this is the first I've heard someone discussing it.

No.. the legion of Bards named "Aasgadsgas Ohghnjgog" that are lvl 50+ and teleporting below maps and stuff like that.

You can't even report them properly due to how awkward the report system is in FFXIV.
    So I wonder what they are doing and more importantly, why no GM is banning them because it doesn't actually take more than 5 seconds to filter them out.

Maybe it's because their own system is so convoluted that they have to type in their names manually themselves, which is why no one is bothering to do something.

I only checked Bards... but now that I think about it, there are probably other classes as well.

I just wonder how they reach lvl 50. You can probably ban 300 of them on a daily basis, so does that mean they gave up? I just wonder why they don't have anything in place that registers weird movements and disconnects them.
    I also wonder how they mess up the statistics, now that I write about it some more.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-15 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Crystal has the most characters, but Aether has more level 80 characters. Crystal in general is just bad for raiding unfortunately.
    I mean I play on chaos (dunno what the verdict for that datacenter is?) and until last week I never had a failed (*) DR run. Castrum is a bit worse, since after 2 wipes you run into issues with the timer already and some people simply can't grasp the marker mechanic to save their lives; but even then 2 of my 4 failed runs are down to only having 3 people queue up and my 2 helpers failed despite super-echo support.

*no tanks, no healers, most people had no esseneces, we had to stop after the lizard because I started to see abilities and combinations that I hadn't seen in the last 3 months, since we too like 14 minutes for a miniboss kill.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I mean I play on chaos (dunno what the verdict for that datacenter is?) and until last week I never had a failed (*) DR run. Castrum is a bit worse, since after 2 wipes you run into issues with the timer already and some people simply can't grasp the marker mechanic to save their lives; but even then 2 of my 4 failed runs are down to only having 3 people queue up and my 2 helpers failed despite super-echo support.

*no tanks, no healers, most people had no esseneces, we had to stop after the lizard because I started to see abilities and combinations that I hadn't seen in the last 3 months, since we too like 14 minutes for a miniboss kill.
    I play on Chaos as well!

I've seen a couple of wipes on certain bosses, but I've never had a group fail or disband. I've never had to rely on Discord in order to find a group to run any of the current relic raids with, either. I'm sure that'll change as of Endwalker but there's less setup required to get into the relic raids compared to how it worked in Stormblood.

Had a group fail once in CLL. Don't exactly remember what happened, but we wiped/wanted to wipe, but we couldn't wipe at the top because it happened JUST as the core came out and took FOREVER (like a solid 5-10 minutes...) to despawn, making us time out on the 2nd pull.

No.. the legion of Bards named "Aasgadsgas Ohghnjgog" that are lvl 50+ and teleporting below maps and stuff like that.

You can't even report them properly due to how awkward the report system is in FFXIV.
    So I wonder what they are doing and more importantly, why no GM is banning them because it doesn't actually take more than 5 seconds to filter them out.

Maybe it's because their own system is so convoluted that they have to type in their names manually themselves, which is why no one is bothering to do something.

I only checked Bards... but now that I think about it, there are probably other classes as well.

I just wonder how they reach lvl 50. You can probably ban 300 of them on a daily basis, so does that mean they gave up? I just wonder why they don't have anything in place that registers weird movements and disconnects them.
    I also wonder how they mess up the statistics, now that I write about it some more.
    Again, this is the first I'm hearing of this. How did you even find them if they're below the map? What statistics? Also, what are they doing?

As a rule I'm against anyone deliberately doing shady shit they shouldn't be doing and shouldn't be able to do, because those are the rules and people should follow them, otherwise we end up losing stuff because they have to change rules and whatever ("this is why we can't have nice things" meme). However, I will acknowledge that dealing with people breaking rules is a difficult thing and takes a while and is impossible to catch and deal with all of them. If they're not hurting anyone or doing anything to hinder anyone's game play enjoyment, I understand why dealing with them would be lower on the list of priorities.

Crystal has more people than Aether now? Guess that's why we lost our preferred status. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Again, this is the first I'm hearing of this. How did you even find them if they're below the map? What statistics? Also, what are they doing?

As a rule I'm against anyone deliberately doing shady shit they shouldn't be doing and shouldn't be able to do, because those are the rules and people should follow them, otherwise we end up losing stuff because they have to change rules and whatever ("this is why we can't have nice things" meme). However, I will acknowledge that dealing with people breaking rules is a difficult thing and takes a while and is impossible to catch and deal with all of them. If they're not hurting anyone or doing anything to hinder anyone's game play enjoyment, I understand why dealing with them would be lower on the list of priorities.
    They teleport and zig-zag around from quest objective to quest objective and are doing quests/MSQ.
    Not sure why, because I don't know what GIL is being used for in this game, feels like a dead market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngZ_LapcB4 15:40 for example (first video I found while googling it)

lets play a game, find the actual player among the bots.

As for statistics... well, the "created accounts" stuff and how many people play which class etc. etc.
    Since they are above lvl 50 they are most likely included, aren't they?

Wouldn't be suprised if they cause problems when SE decides to do some stuff in old content when 300 bots are already filling up the servers.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-15 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    That's weird, i did all 80 relics, so there were a lot of CLL runs, but in my experience i can count the times we didnt finish on one hand - playing on Light EU

DR on the other hand, i only did with speedrungroups, as 60 min in there just grates on the very essence of my soul.
    I ran DR that much I started to feel physically ill after 2 or 3 runs lol, would get headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    They've been doing it since the game came out. You'll see little clusters of characters with gibberish names all appearing in exactly the same place and then zipping around and disappearing. Hang around a city long enough and you'll see them all pop into existence near a company chest and then disappear together.
    They teleport and zig-zag around from quest objective to quest objective and are doing quests/MSQ.
    Not sure why, because I don't know what GIL is being used for in this game, feels like a dead market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngZ_LapcB4 15:40 for example (first video I found while googling it)

lets play a game, find the actual player among the bots.

As for statistics... well, the "created accounts" stuff and how many people play which class etc. etc.
    Since they are above lvl 50 they are most likely included, aren't they?

Wouldn't be suprised if they cause problems when SE decides to do some stuff in old content when 300 bots are already filling up the servers.
    Ah, bots in general I'm aware of being a thing since the game launched. Was more referring to the Bard bots comment, wasn't sure why Bard was relevant in that context, but I get it now. Bard was just the job these particular bots were.

And yeah, they've been causing problems for a while. Not huge ones, but still super annoying, especially the gatherers. They do get caught and reported and I'm sure some get actioned against on a regular basis, I've honestly never seen them out in the wild, not like that anyway, though I have seen some weird ass names occasionally just not in packs and not doing anything actively out in the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been spamming CLL and Dal the last month, and on average we usually get about 20 people per run. I'm on crystal.

Yes, there was a time when the two were basically dead, but that was before they added echo. Both are really popping off now with lots of people doing them. And even with a party of 4, it's possible to do them both. With a 4 person CLL as a tank I have something like 800k HP and do enormous damage. You can stand in every mechanic and not die. It's actually kinda fun to do it with very few people now.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's actually kinda fun to do it with very few people now.
    If they are even remotely competend, yea, undersized runs tend to be more fun now.

In other news, I think I will really go back to DR, TD is way too much of a risk unless you have alot of fodder in your group.

God, 50-60 leveling its so terribly boring, i dont wanna run potd