Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    an addon called Narcissus, takes amazing screenshots
    Ah thanks

And how do you upload them to here? Whenever I try, I've got to forward a link, but it never truly works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    an addon called Narcissus, takes amazing screenshots
    Yes
    But until yesterday evening the add-on wasn't updated for the be patch and some lua errors pop up while using it. But normally this is one of the best add-ons around
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Yes
    But until yesterday evening the add-on wasn't updated for the be patch and some lua errors pop up while using it. But normally this is one of the best add-ons around
    So (when the addon is playing ball) you just upload the screenshot to imgur and then paste the link here?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    So (when the addon is playing ball) you just upload the screenshot to imgur and then paste the link here?
    Yes exactly
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    As a long time blood elf warlock I fixed that for you.
    It's rude to edit quotes.

Everyone remembers the felblood elves from The Burning Crusade!
    I don't think felblood would be a good option. Maybe the Blood Elves could lose the Sunwell again, I think the Blood Elf fantasy has been too diminished by them having it back, if they loose it again, they could be using alternative powers as fel instead.

That said, I would go for the Felblood, Light and Wretched choices.
    Wretched options could give blood elves more a more starved appearance, clawlike hands and feet, orbs growing from the back, black mouths (and give Nightborne more Wretched appearances).
    Wretched Blood Elves aren't a starved state precisely, they get to this stage by consuming too much magical energy at once, arcane energy more specifically, it's like a crackhead that's very deep in shit.

Felblood would obviously just be updated HDified felblood elves appearances, black bird-like wings, horns from the forehead, clear fangs, different skintones as seen in Wretched NPC's.
    As I said, that would be a bit extreme, but maybe some fel tattoos, scars, some scales, but not like demon

Light would be easiest imho, Light tattoo's that's basicly it. Sorry Light users!
    Yeah why not.

I would like more magic effects on the elf races in general, void elves more void effects, nightborne more arcane effects etc.
    That would be so cool.

Man, people keep going on about how the restoration of the Sunwell was a mistake, and for what reason? The race evolved. The Sunwell's been restored in real time now than it was destroyed, and their phase of fel/desperation was actually brief in the overall history of the race now.
    Did they start there? Yes. Are they that now? Absolutely not. The Blood Elves have, still are, and will always be the quintessential paladin race of the Horde.

Holy theme customization makes the most sense for them going forwards, and if people aren't a fan of that, they can either not use those options, or they have another option with the more chaotic/gothic void elves, if they can stomach going Alliance. (Which is somehow the end of the world to some people to get what they want.)

You can play a High Elf on either faction, but it's extremely clear with the story that those elves have split off with a major themeatic. Alliance has Void/Gothic traits, and the Horde has Holy/"Royal" traits to them. They mirror each other, and there's been hints of a Light vs Void plot coming.

Also, sorry, red eyes absolutely suit Void Elves way more than Blood Elves. (Red is a void colour in both WoW, and across media in general.)

And San'layn are not Horde. They failed to join the Horde, betrayed them after Talanji stated she already didn't trust them (do Alliance quests), and the Void Elves already cover a lot of the requests san'layn players have had like hairstyles, and the eye colours except red. If those options are going to anybody, it's likely them because they have almost the entire kit covered anyways, and you can make one on retail now if you can live without red eyes - especially as a DK.
    When it comes down to ease of implementation, if it's as simple as one eye colour, and a bonus of a single ear shape and maybe tints to existing skins, it's viable.

Also, Dar'khan was scourge, had nothing to do with the void, yet played a major part in Umbric's backstory? Either they were going to be san'layn and it got changed in development, or there's a huge opening right there for a subrace recruitment.

They're about as "blood elf" as a void elf is, but the void elves actually can use red - a void colour - to make them a subrace with very little work compared to blood elves, who'd need to have void elf assets to make it work for them.
    Last edited by Schwert; 2021-11-04 at 03:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Ah thanks

And how do you upload them to here? Whenever I try, I've got to forward a link, but it never truly works.
    I used Imgur and then get the real link not embedded or whatever needs to end with .png

Then include it here with the image button in this touch text editor we write in

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Man, people keep going on about how the restoration of the Sunwell was a mistake, and for what reason? The race evolved. The Sunwell's been restored in real time now than it was destroyed, and their phase of fel/desperation was actually brief in the overall history of the race now.
    Did they start there? Yes. Are they that now? Absolutely not.
    The time where they had their city destroyed until now it's short in the lore's timeline, but in the games and media, what we had as Blood elves until the end of TbC was a race of elves who were decimated and adopted a survival mindset that draw them into the use of dangerous magic and questionable measures.

It's the sentiment that they have lost what made them so different and spicy, edgy even, it's a matter of taste, so I can understand that you don't mind that they were changed due to lore writing decisions.

The Blood Elves have, still are, and will always be the quintessential paladin race of the Horde.
    I don't think anyone could reasonably doubt that, given that they had some sort of paladins and priests even when they lost their faith to the light.

You can play a High Elf on either faction, but it's extremely clear with the story that those elves have split off with a major themeatic. Alliance has Void/Gothic traits, and the Horde has Holy/"Royal" traits to them. They mirror each other, and there's been hints of a Light vs Void plot coming.
    Not really, Blood elves don't call themselves High elves and viceversa.

This can only make sense in a broad use of the concepts, but Warcraft has these concepts defined.

Also, sorry, red eyes absolutely suit Void Elves way more than Blood Elves. (Red is a void colour in both WoW, and across media in general.)
    Yeah, I also think red eyes don't suit Blood elves very well.

And San'layn are not Horde. They failed to join the Horde, betrayed them after Talanji stated she already didn't trust them (do Alliance quests), and the Void Elves already cover a lot of the requests san'layn players have had like hairstyles, and the eye colours except red. If those options are going to anybody, it's likely them because they have almost the entire kit covered anyways, and you can make one on retail now if you can live without red eyes - especially as a DK.
    When it comes down to ease of implementation, if it's as simple as one eye colour, and a bonus of a single ear shape and maybe tints to existing skins, it's viable.
    I would have said otherwise in the past, but with Sylvanas now gone from power... I don't know how the future of the Forsaken might be.

Maybe there's a place for the San'layn or not, but with current events I doubt it more.

But with people playing "San'layn" as Void elves there's the same problem as playing "High elves" with Blood elves; It's the wrong faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    The time where they had their city destroyed until now it's short in the lore's timeline, but in the games and media, what we had as Blood elves until the end of TbC was a race of elves who were decimated and adopted a survival mindset that draw them into the use of dangerous magic and questionable measures.

It's the sentiment that they have lost what made them so different and spicy, edgy even, it's a matter of taste, so I can understand that you don't mind that they were changed due to lore writing decisions.

I don't think anyone could reasonably doubt that, given that they had some sort of paladins and priests even when they lost their faith to the light.

Not really, Blood elves don't call themselves High elves and viceversa.

This can only make sense in a broad use of the concepts, but Warcraft has these concepts defined.

Yeah, I also think red eyes don't suit Blood elves very well.

I would have said otherwise in the past, but with Sylvanas now gone from power... I don't know how the future of the Forsaken might be.

Maybe there's a place for the San'layn or not, but with current events I doubt it more.

But with people playing "San'layn" as Void elves there's the same problem as playing "High elves" with Blood elves; It's the wrong faction.
    I as a blood elf player think that the sanlayn make more sense to the void elves. the void elves live in telogrus that is permanently in darkness also the void elves create undeads.
    on the contrary the blood elves live in a society permanently infused by light that damages the undeads.

3+ Year Old Account
    I made this: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...llista.336553/

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really see why people are against San'layn going for the Horde when they're literally just Dark Rangers with extra steps; you can't deny Horde players San'layn options now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I as a blood elf player think that the sanlayn make more sense to the void elves. the void elves live in telogrus that is permanently in darkness also the void elves create undeads.
    on the contrary the blood elves live in a society permanently infused by light that damages the undeads.
    doesn't have to be that way; Dark Rangers and San'layn can be Forsaken model toggle options for Forsaken instead
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Wretched Blood Elves aren't a starved state precisely, they get to this stage by consuming too much magical energy at once, arcane energy more specifically, it's like a crackhead that's very deep in shit.

I know right, it's been in the game since 2006, how are people confused about this.. it's night elvesn Nightborne Withered that got to that Withered stage before the Arcan'dor was created. but it's a thing of the past.

But even the devs confused the two once.. Wretched and Withered are similar, but very different. Wretched = consumed magic beyond what your weakened state can handle (gives rise to the theory that every time the night elf devolves - the magic capacity reduces, so when they went from night elf to high elf, it was reduced, the sunwell helped, but when that was removed, the lower capacity meant glutting on magic changed them. [it's s a theory , could be wrong, but it sounds plausible to me]

Withered on the other hand was because those night elves in Suramar were totally over hooked on the nightwell, so when it was taken from them, their bodies, totally imbalanced started falling apart.. they had nutrition shortage but rather than drop the shield to find food, they used magic to fix something nature should provide. hence breaking themselves.. so it took some nature/arcane balanced combo to fix the imbalance.. but until then, any hooked on the nightwell - i.e. all nightborne, were cursed to wither and die. - Thalyssra's words exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Did they start there? Yes. Are they that now? Absolutely not. The Blood Elves have, still are, and will always be the quintessential paladin race of the Horde.

Holy theme customization makes the most sense for them going forwards, and if people aren't a fan of that, they can either not use those options, or they have another option with the more chaotic/gothic void elves, if they can stomach going Alliance. (Which is somehow the end of the world to some people to get what they want.)

Also, Dar'khan was scourge, had nothing to do with the void, yet played a major part in Umbric's backstory? Either they were going to be san'layn and it got changed in development, or there's a huge opening right there for a subrace recruitment.

They're about as "blood elf" as a void elf is, but the void elves actually can use red - a void colour - to make them a subrace with very little work compared to blood elves, who'd need to have void elf assets to make it work for them.
    I think it was a good story crescendo moment to get the Sunwell back.

Some players just want constant depression and darkness, nothing good ever happening. And just because blizzard doesn't utilise the story element well doesn't mean it was a bad idea.

And just because you think it's boring, doesn't mean blizzard isn't utilising it well. i think the Elves should have their wells and now their wells should be stable and empowering them, and we should have conflicts for the elves elsewhere.

In fact I think the elves have had enough conflict focus on themselves.. we should now onl y have them interact and helping others, sometimes others' problems can come to their lands, but we don't need to have their wells involved. they have enough nuance between their many f actions to create interesting internal stories and their pedigree allows them always to have huge roles amongst their faction allies keeping them interesting without going back to addiction or Well problems.

And yes I'm talking about both Thalassian and Night elves - both the sunwell and Well of Eternity should be used by each group to build their races off, the elves in wow have just had too much devastation, and they have these power sources, that survive and have had their drama, it's time now for players to see the positive side of these things and just stop telling doom stories for them. Plenty of other races who have yet to face a similar extinction level event or have only ever had 1 problem.. let us go to those races, and the elves can help out so their huge fanbase doesn't feel left out.

We've seen the elves down, and scrambling, but never seen them shining, that's all in lore we never saw.
    We never saw the high elves when they were a power house with everything working, we certainly never saw the night elves in their world leading civilization at their peak..utilising all their magics.

It would be nice for a change for the elves to be in that place and now helping others rather than facing more extermination or annihilation. Their internal factions can provide enough interesting intrigue for them rather than needing some massive extinction event - i mean we've had enough.

High elves - nearly extinct in the Troll wars, nearly extinct in the scourge attack - please enough
    Night elves - nearly extinct in the sundering, nearly extinct in the War of Thorns - please enough

We've done addiction to death, and the seen the bad side of the Well's ( Well of Eternity implosion, night well corruption, Sunwell pollution and dissipation, then the void trying to consume the Sunwell)
    Addiction in night elves, in nightborne, in Thalassian elves

ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH - MOVE ON... please, they've dealt with addiction, it's over, the great mystery solved in both night and Thalassian groups. Well's have had their troubles, we've seen the threat, please let's just see the benefits now and strengths.. Elves have bene nearly wiped out enough, let's see why they were so successful and powerful in the lore, le't s see them be a kick ass force rather than victim force.

this goes for all the elves - blood elf, high elf, night elf, nightborne, void elf.

Warcraft can afford to see the elves in a good place, because it has many other races and cosmic events to show conflict and disaster.. don't need it to be the elves.. yet again.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-11-13 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I

doesn't have to be that way; Dark Rangers and San'layn can be Forsaken model toggle options for Forsaken instead
    that would work

Back from vacation and ready to take so many pics of my High Elves yay!!

Funny that my main will remain with his grey-ish color, it has been so long that he has had dark-ish hair that I can't imagine him as a blond elf anymore. But so glad that I can take the tentacles off the flayer hairstyle!

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Back from vacation and ready to take so many pics of my High Elves yay!!

Funny that my main will remain with his grey-ish color, it has been so long that he has had dark-ish hair that I can't imagine him as a blond elf anymore. But so glad that I can take the tentacles off the flayer hairstyle!
    My void elves run the gamut of hair colors, but most of them are using natural skin tones now. It's an aesthetic/transmog thing for me. Blue/purple skin tones (on any race) tend to limit what mogs I think look good on characters
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-11-15 at 08:21 AM.

For all the haters online saying things like "no one gives a shit about Void elves, people only care about High elves, that's why they're popular", I still see plenty of people rocking the Void options.

On Argent Dawn EU most of the other VE players I see have the Void skin options.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    My void elves run the gamut of hair colors, but most of them are using natural skin tones now. It's an aesthetic/transmog thing for me. Blue/purple skin tones (on any race) tend to limit what mogs I think look good on characters
    Yeah, personally, I have noticed that the VE's I have that have kept their bluish skin tones are those ones that have established looks that don't really change; outfits chosen because they look good with those options.

So my rogue wears the VE heritage, now with white hair, my DK a bare chest acherus lool, with black hair, and my spriest the necrolord cloth armor, with pale blonde (will try to get pics of them leter) but I really can't imagine swapping mogs in the way I do with my other elves, they just don't look right without their outfits XD

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    For all the haters online saying things like "no one gives a shit about Void elves, people only care about High elves, that's why they're popular", I still see plenty of people rocking the Void options.

On Argent Dawn EU most of the other VE players I see have the Void skin options.
    the void elves are very cool hopefully those who want more void options can have them in the future. i think red eyes or eyes like azshara can be great on void elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    the void elves are very cool hopefully those who want more void options can have them in the future. i think red eyes or eyes like azshara can be great on void elves.
    For god's sake, no.

No old god eyes for any playable race please.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    For god's sake, no.

No old god eyes for any playable race please.
    people want it

10+ Year Old Account
    people want it
    And I want Silvermoon to be Alliance again.

You see my point ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"