Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Think I've been killed more by DM7s than LMGs.
    I won't disagree with this statement but if you buff their damage you will get killed by LMGs more than anything else. Guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I won't disagree with this statement but if you buff their damage you will get killed by LMGs more than anything else. Guarantee it.
    Oh I'm not saying like a huge amount, maybe 1-2 more points for firepower.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Battlefield, bah! Where's my Quake Wars 2!!?

Its somehow weird in beta i get about 70fps in basic modes , now have about 40fps but in portal i have 70fps on medium settings wich is fine i guess , what i read on reddit and on forums discord etc they should do more optimization, if im not a wrong they should be a patch when official release ? Im not sure i just read something.

More players largest maps, well i dont think its good idea 64/64 was fine and for me mostly balanced , now i run about 5min then i get HS from dunno where and repeat .

Time for end the game should be little cut off (45min) its a loong time for some casual players mby ?

I like COD too i like 2 world war etc and shortest matches , but im not willing pay every year for the mostly same game .

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    Its somehow weird in beta i get about 70fps in basic modes , now have about 40fps but in portal i have 70fps on medium settings wich is fine i guess , what i read on reddit and on forums discord etc they should do more optimization, if im not a wrong they should be a patch when official release ? Im not sure i just read something.

More players largest maps, well i dont think its good idea 64/64 was fine and for me mostly balanced , now i run about 5min then i get HS from dunno where and repeat .

Time for end the game should be little cut off (45min) its a loong time for some casual players mby ?

I like COD too i like 2 world war etc and shortest matches , but im not willing pay every year for the mostly same game .
    There are certain settings you may want to fiddle around with and this video also gives some good pointers.

That happens in every BF game regardless of size.

You NEVER will hit 45 minutes. Most games are 10-15 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    There are certain settings you may want to fiddle around with and this video also gives some good pointers.

That happens in every BF game regardless of size.

You NEVER will hit 45 minutes. Most games are 10-15 min.
    Ty mate i will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Is the audio still garbage in this ?
    According to skillup, yes, the positional audio is garbage and you can't rely on it at all to know where enemies are coming from or how far away they are.

- - - Updated - - -

This game is so incredibly infuriating as a pilot. instant lock ons are a thing after you've been locked onto once, you get no further notification just missile inbound. And planes can hit you instantly. I'm not kidding. You have absolutely NO time to react. It's like there is no travel time for their rockets or you're not being notified

There is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much anti-vehicle in this game, and it's not meaningful in any way. Cut it down and make it something more than swarming an enemy vehicle with aa rockets and recoiless rockets. Those stupid ass grenades can track you across half the map and I don't know how.
    Good xD, i hate air stuff, best maps are always maps without air, though according to a few reviews I seen and having played the beta decent pilots are still bumhumping everything in sight as usual in BF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    According to skillup, yes, the positional audio is garbage and you can't rely on it at all to know where enemies are coming from or how far away they are.
    In beta every mix was awful in terms of bitrate/fidelity, was muffled, low-volume, or distorted etc.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

From what I can gather portal might be a big success, but how are the servers for that? Is there any official '1942' and bad company server list to play on or does someone need to rent a server and set up those rules on their own?

They should just slap a turret on hovercrafts and call them tanks and get rid of the current tank because that's what hovercrafts are at this point...better tanks than tanks.

They should just slap a turret on hovercrafts and call them tanks and get rid of the current tank because that's what hovercrafts are at this point...better tanks than tanks.
    Very true. I put a full AR clip into the driver side window and nothing. The gunner for the turret is also protected. That's probably the most infuriating vehicle at the moment.

I'm sick of this piece of shit. Made it to 40, I don't even know why I bothered, what an infuriating pile of garbage. 95% of the time (seriously I would love to see actual stats) I am killed by 3 things. Hovercraft (by a wide margin), PP-28, DM7, that's it, the rest are outlies. Even vehicles besides hovercraft

Using vehicles is a waste of time, I've quit using them. Either you're in a helicopter and 100% locked the second you leave cover so you're playing this game of, strafe quickly and hide, which I understand is annoying to take down but it's such boring frustrating gameplay on both ends. Or you get a volley of rockets at you in a tank. I got sick and tired of people putting c4 on drones and flying them into my tank/aa-tank as well. In fact I'm doing it now so it spreads and gets changed. I can understand being frustrated by vehicles but those are usually teams where mostly nobody has a rocket of some sort.

Then come the hovercrafts. I finally got landmines and put them down, and managed to blow up one at the start of the match when they rushed us (was playing breakthrough) and then I get ran over by another and THREE MORE FOLLOW. I haven't compared the two side by side but I'm pretty sure the hovercraft takes just as many rockets as the tank does to kill.

I get maybe one game every couple hours where things don't bug out. I've learned if you suddenly can't crouch or use anytthing. Redeploy. Otherwise you die and can't be rezzed, can't redeploy. You have to leave as far as I've seen.

This game feels like getting kicked in the balls

I think the game COULD be good but I just do not understand some of their decision making for this game. No VOIP no all chat, and ther are SOOOOOOOOOO many bugs. More than I remember being in previous games. I should start listing every one I hit.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2021-11-15 at 06:33 AM.

I'm sick of this piece of shit. Made it to 40, I don't even know why I bothered, what an infuriating pile of garbage. 95% of the time (seriously I would love to see actual stats) I am killed by 3 things. Hovercraft (by a wide margin), PP-28, DM7, that's it, the rest are outlies. Even vehicles besides hovercraft

Using vehicles is a waste of time, I've quit using them. Either you're in a helicopter and 100% locked the second you leave cover so you're playing this game of, strafe quickly and hide, which I understand is annoying to take down but it's such boring frustrating gameplay on both ends. Or you get a volley of rockets at you in a tank. I got sick and tired of people putting c4 on drones and flying them into my tank/aa-tank as well. In fact I'm doing it now so it spreads and gets changed. I can understand being frustrated by vehicles but those are usually teams where mostly nobody has a rocket of some sort.

Then come the hovercrafts. I finally got landmines and put them down, and managed to blow up one at the start of the match when they rushed us (was playing breakthrough) and then I get ran over by another and THREE MORE FOLLOW. I haven't compared the two side by side but I'm pretty sure the hovercraft takes just as many rockets as the tank does to kill.

I get maybe one game every couple hours where things don't bug out. I've learned if you suddenly can't crouch or use anytthing. Redeploy. Otherwise you die and can't be rezzed, can't redeploy. You have to leave as far as I've seen.

This game feels like getting kicked in the balls

I think the game COULD be good but I just do not understand some of their decision making for this game. No VOIP no all chat, and ther are SOOOOOOOOOO many bugs. More than I remember being in previous games. I should start listing every one I hit.
    Yeah, hovercraft is pretty darned broken right now. Super fast, doesn't take damage from small arms (it totally should) but at least it only takes a few rockets to kill it. You can shoot the driver out at least, but it's damned hard. Basically need them to run into something and stop for like 2-3 seconds with the driver in you line of sight.

Vehicles are...hit or miss for me. All depends on the teams. Some maps they'll absolutely dominate and be impossible to kill, others it'll be fairly easy to wipe them out and they're irrelevant. I kinda hope they add some non-vehicle mods/options because honestly, they really mess with balance.

Armor is largely fairly hard to kill unless you're close with C5. Not very mobile which balances it, and not a ton of killing power, but can absolutely dominate a point if people are being dumb and aren't picking rockets/C5 to counter them.

Air though...it's feast or famine. Super squishy against AA rockets, but super mobile and also has TONS of killing potential. Seems like most good pilots either hang out outside of AA rocket range (annoying) which limits their potential, or just zips through while blowing flares and then dipping out of range again. Otherwise they're AA rocket bait, assuming you have at least 2 other people on your team who bother to equip rockets.

I'm really liking the SVK so far - second marksman rifle you unlock. Low ammo and all, but two shots is enough to kill most enemies and it seems solid as a mid-long range weapon. Been using that a lot since I unlocked it and have been enjoying being able to snipe dudes with it. Higher damage/lower rate of fire/ammo capacity compared to the DM7, but I dig it.

The rush mode likely needs some map tweaks or something. It's so heavily stacked in favor of the defense it's not even funny. In matches I've been in (on either side) there's about a 20% chance of the attackers taking at least one zone, and maybe a 5% chance of actually taking all the zones. Not that I mind much, I'm still having good fun just shooting people and shit.

They really need to add in an indicator if a medic is nearby you when you die though, it's frustrating not knowing if you should instantly release to respawn or hang around because there's a medic just around the corner who is running to you. Lots of smaller QoL improvements like that will be great.

But I like that portal mode, even if it won't give you weapon progression, still gives account XP. I haven't played too much, just a few BF3 maps and a BFBC2 map (no 1942 yet), but it's a nice change of pace from the main mode. Some very annoying bugs are still around (though the "persistence" bug seems mostly fixed), but largely had a ton of fun over the weekend.

I've put in almost half as much time playing this weekend as I have in BF1/V since they launched. I enjoyed both the campaigns in those games more than I did the MP, but I don't even care that 2042 doesn't have a campaign (last one I played, BF3, was dogshit of the highest order). Was kinda fun showing off one of the matches to my brothers friend who hasn't really gamed in a while and seeing him react to the absolute madness that rounds can be.

It seems like the DXR-1 sniper is virtually a hitscan weapon with the right attachments unless you are shooting at really really long ranges (where even at 8x the enemies head is barely bigger then the crosshair line) where bullet speed and drop starts to be noticeable, but even then not terrible. But I don't think I seen anyone complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, hovercraft is pretty darned broken right now. Super fast, doesn't take damage from small arms (it totally should) but at least it only takes a few rockets to kill it. You can shoot the driver out at least, but it's damned hard. Basically need them to run into something and stop for like 2-3 seconds with the driver in you line of sight.

Vehicles are...hit or miss for me. All depends on the teams. Some maps they'll absolutely dominate and be impossible to kill, others it'll be fairly easy to wipe them out and they're irrelevant. I kinda hope they add some non-vehicle mods/options because honestly, they really mess with balance.

Armor is largely fairly hard to kill unless you're close with C5. Not very mobile which balances it, and not a ton of killing power, but can absolutely dominate a point if people are being dumb and aren't picking rockets/C5 to counter them.

Air though...it's feast or famine. Super squishy against AA rockets, but super mobile and also has TONS of killing potential. Seems like most good pilots either hang out outside of AA rocket range (annoying) which limits their potential, or just zips through while blowing flares and then dipping out of range again. Otherwise they're AA rocket bait, assuming you have at least 2 other people on your team who bother to equip rockets.

I'm really liking the SVK so far - second marksman rifle you unlock. Low ammo and all, but two shots is enough to kill most enemies and it seems solid as a mid-long range weapon. Been using that a lot since I unlocked it and have been enjoying being able to snipe dudes with it. Higher damage/lower rate of fire/ammo capacity compared to the DM7, but I dig it.

The rush mode likely needs some map tweaks or something. It's so heavily stacked in favor of the defense it's not even funny. In matches I've been in (on either side) there's about a 20% chance of the attackers taking at least one zone, and maybe a 5% chance of actually taking all the zones. Not that I mind much, I'm still having good fun just shooting people and shit.

They really need to add in an indicator if a medic is nearby you when you die though, it's frustrating not knowing if you should instantly release to respawn or hang around because there's a medic just around the corner who is running to you. Lots of smaller QoL improvements like that will be great.

But I like that portal mode, even if it won't give you weapon progression, still gives account XP. I haven't played too much, just a few BF3 maps and a BFBC2 map (no 1942 yet), but it's a nice change of pace from the main mode. Some very annoying bugs are still around (though the "persistence" bug seems mostly fixed), but largely had a ton of fun over the weekend.

I've put in almost half as much time playing this weekend as I have in BF1/V since they launched. I enjoyed both the campaigns in those games more than I did the MP, but I don't even care that 2042 doesn't have a campaign (last one I played, BF3, was dogshit of the highest order). Was kinda fun showing off one of the matches to my brothers friend who hasn't really gamed in a while and seeing him react to the absolute madness that rounds can be.

Well I've cooled down lol.

I have been shot out of the minigun on the top of the hovercraft, unsure how but there must be a window somewhere. I was immobile so someone snuck up and found it.

Most times I've been in heavy armor I've died fairly quick unless I sit waaay back and mostly useless to the team. Even mid range if there is minimal cover everyone and their mother shoots rockets hoping for a hit. Being in a vehicle just got too stressful for me.

Yeah, I'd really like to see them make anti-vehicle overall more meaningful. It's just spam spam spam, because what else can they do?. I'm not entirely sure what they can do since they opened the box on everyone getting AA rockets/recoiless rockets. I see so many people saying they want a buff to rockets because they struggle to single handedly take down a vehicle 100% to dead...like vehicles would cease to be a thing in a game with this many players if someone could aside from c5 (which is weird to say, it's all jeep-stuff to me)

I tried it and went back to DM7, I just unlocked the burst fire AR at 40 and I actually liked that a lot. That might became a new strong weapon once more people get there. I don't know if it competes with a DMR at range though but I was taking on SMGs other weapons at mid range.

Yeah I quit feeling so competitive about it. I don't care if we lose on offense, I kind of expect it. It's a nice surprise when we win. Definitely needs some work though.

Yes they need medic icons for things like that. Also they need some kind of info on what helo you are dropping into from the spawn screen. I can't tell if it's a little bird or attack helo. Would be helpful to know if I need a repair tool or not, which don't really work either. It's so inconsistent.

Speaking of vehicles and repair, not sure if I mentioned this in my past whining but emergency repair on vehicles doesn't seem to work or I'm using it wrong. I notice it more often on my little bird where I will hit repair after going into hiding, no damage, no locking. Hit repair...3 damage healed. Wait the eternity for auto repair to kick in. I've noticed that in my other vehicles as well. For such a large health pool on some of them it does like 3-4 damage healed and doesn't even quickstart the repair process. I feel like it actually delays it.

Oh and I've learned hovercrafts can go up the sides of things like walls and skyscrapers so...that's a thing.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2021-11-15 at 08:13 PM.

I see so many people saying they want a buff to rockets because they struggle to single handedly take down a vehicle 100% to dead...like vehicles would cease to be a thing in a game with this many players if someone could aside from c5 (which is weird to say, it's all jeep-stuff to me)
    I can get this to a point. It's disappointing to unload all rockets into a tank and it's still just chilling. But that's what C5 and the risk of getting that close is for, I suppose. It's mostly frustrating because of teammates. We were defending a point surrounded by vehicles one match and I swear I was the only person that bothered to equip rockets to try to push some of them back a bit. Doubly frustrating that it's so bloody easy to change your loadout on death and there's tons of flexibility. I'm frequently swapping weapons or utility items depending on what's going on and where I'm spawning.

Yeah I quit feeling so competitive about it. I don't care if we lose on offense, I kind of expect it. It's a nice surprise when we win. Definitely needs some work though.
    This was a huge change for me. I don't care if my team sucks or not, or even if I'm getting rolled myself. As long as I can get a few cool kills or do something cool in a match, I'm happy. Most of the time I just end up doing a ton of healing with the medic lady and her syringe gun. Quite enjoy that, even if the XP is super minimal (5xp per heal? Ok, I guess).

Oh and I've learned hovercrafts can go up the sides of things like walls and skyscrapers so...that's a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield...land_my_shots/

Seeing shit like this makes me cringe. Bro, if you're spam shooting a marksman rifle you're gonna get hit hard by the recoil/bullet spread. Yeah, some of the spread is a bit ridiculous at times, but like...you can't just fire marskman rifles as quickly as you can. You might get a few shots off accurately but beyond that it goes to hell, and this cat misses his first few shots.

Not saying there aren't occasional issues with hit registration or that all the recoil/spread is totally "fine", but more often than not this is the kind of "GUNS SUCK!" complaints I see. While it did briefly follow CoD with the no-recoil/super accurate weapons, Battlefield has (at least as far as I recall) always been a franchise more about being able to shoot smarter, not necessarily faster.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield...land_my_shots/

Seeing shit like this makes me cringe. Bro, if you're spam shooting a marksman rifle you're gonna get hit hard by the recoil/bullet spread. Yeah, some of the spread is a bit ridiculous at times, but like...you can't just fire marskman rifles as quickly as you can. You might get a few shots off accurately but beyond that it goes to hell, and this cat misses his first few shots.

Not saying there aren't occasional issues with hit registration or that all the recoil/spread is totally "fine", but more often than not this is the kind of "GUNS SUCK!" complaints I see. While it did briefly follow CoD with the no-recoil/super accurate weapons, Battlefield has (at least as far as I recall) always been a franchise more about being able to shoot smarter, not necessarily faster.
    So while I understand you to some degree with the spam shooting. I can understand where they are coming from. It's like the rubber barrel jokes from suppression in previous titles. It doesn't make sense. If the reticle was bouncing all over from recoil and not being controlled I would 100% agree with you. The problem is his reticle is over the target almost completely using a DMR, that's not an extreme distance. Every one of those shots should hit with any sort of rifle. If it was a pistol or a SMG I could understand it due to barrel length however I guarantee you a pp-29 would have wrecked that enemy.

Again as I said earlier, this game likes to kick you in the nuts.

That said apparently they have admitted to there being some issues with this sort of thing and I'm hoping there will be some adjustments in a patch by Friday, hopefully there is a "day one" patch.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2021-11-16 at 12:03 AM.

So while I understand you to some degree with the spam shooting. I can understand where they are coming from. It's like the rubber barrel jokes from suppression in previous titles. It doesn't make sense. If the reticle was bouncing all over from recoil and not being controlled I would 100% agree with you. The problem is his reticle is over the target almost completely using a DMR, that's not an extreme distance. Every one of those shots should hit with any sort of rifle. If it was a pistol or a SMG I could understand it due to barrel length however I guarantee you a pp-29 would have wrecked that enemy.

Again as I said earlier, this game likes to kick you in the nuts.
    But he's spam shooting, which is bad at any real range with these rifles. You need to give them a second to "reset" to remain accurate. First few shots (off the target) were accurate, shots afterwards were suffering from recoil penalty and missed despite being on-target. You can see the bullets didn't go too far askew, but since the target was 40-50 meters away they went just to the side.

I always wait for the "reset" after firing a few shots for this reason, and it's why I don't spray AR's at mid-range either.

But I'm also not sure how much aim assist etc. on console (since this seems to be an Xbox player) factors into this.

But he's spam shooting, which is bad at any real range with these rifles. You need to give them a second to "reset" to remain accurate. First few shots (off the target) were accurate, shots afterwards were suffering from recoil penalty and missed despite being on-target. You can see the bullets didn't go too far askew, but since the target was 40-50 meters away they went just to the side.

I always wait for the "reset" after firing a few shots for this reason, and it's why I don't spray AR's at mid-range either.

But I'm also not sure how much aim assist etc. on console (since this seems to be an Xbox player) factors into this.
    I don't know, I'm just speaking from shooting firearms, I try not bring "realism" into stuff like battlefield but it just doesn't work like that at that range. If I have a functional firearm and my scope is sighted in properly. You're going to hit every one of those shots, that's not that bad of recoil. I'd be up for increasing recoil and making the scope move more to match that dispersion if they wanted to stick with that functionality. It just looks really really weird to me.

I don't know, I'm just speaking from shooting firearms, I try not bring "realism" into stuff like battlefield but it just doesn't work like that at that range. If I have a functional firearm and my scope is sighted in properly. You're going to hit every one of those shots, that's not that bad of recoil. I'd be up for increasing recoil and making the scope move more to match that dispersion if they wanted to stick with that functionality. It just looks really really weird to me.
    "Realism" not so much, but BF has usually had more "real" than "arcade" style shooting that this is very much in-line with. Where CoD lets you blow a whole mag with little to no recoil/bloom, BF has usually had some serious recoil and bullet spread to deal with.

You can even see the guy drag down on the thumbstick a bit to counter the recoil, with shots going a bit high compared to it (very close to the enemy), because again, rapid firing like 10 shots from a marksman rifle ain't gonna hit the dead center with all 10 shots. You get a few dead center, the rest are going to go wide due to the recoil/bloom.

It's one reason I've gravitated towards the SVC. Smaller mag and more recoil per-shot so you're forced to wait for "resets" and actively compensate if you fire off a few quick shots, and you only need two real hits to kill someone. DMR with its increased ammo capacity and lower damage per shot always makes me want to shoot it more/faster which would result in more stuff like this. I'm definitely getting a lot more kills since I unlocked and switched to the SVC. Pretty great for "sniper" battles where they miss you at least once, since you can squeeze off a few shots while they're re-chambering the next round (if they're dumb enough to stand there like a muffin).