Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We'll have to see the damages in...days? Weeks? Here's what we do know.

1) Jones already knew he was found liable in early October. I didn't mention that, I should have. He was then ordered to turn over his financial records to show how much he profited off calling "Sandy Hoax". That time expired just now.

2) The last time he lost, yes this is the second, it was $100,000
    2a) Incidentally he took that one to the state, then US, Supreme Court. They told him to fuck right off.

3) Jones defaulted in that one, too.

4) The judge cited that in the ruling on Oct 1.

4a) The judge sounds pissed that they still didn't do anything.

5) Jones' lawyers have called the result "unConstitutional". Which might explain how Jones lost, because no it's not. Also the lawyer tried "Well so what if we didn't turn over that stuff you asked for? We turned over a bunch of stuff you didn't ask for, wasn't that good enough?" No, really, they tried that.

6) Not Jones, but two other fuckwits wrote a book about "Sandy Hoax" and it cost them $1 million.

So based on this continued pattern of disrespect to the legal process, I'm going to predict...$500,000 to $1.5 million. Punative damages for not just being a defaming conspiracy originator, but also being a dumbass who already knew the rules applied to him and still didn't follow them. If he says he's too poor to afford that, he can take it up with his bankruptcy lawyer, who will ask "Why didn't you just show your taxes, you fucking idiot?"

"Is the legal system really that big on repeat offenders?"

Ask the ACLU about "Three Strikes and You're Out".

Again, no expert, but that's what I'm going with based on what I've seen. He'll appeal, but considering the damage was 100% preventable and 100% self-inflicted, I don't see why anything would change.
    Best advice I ever got is regardless of what you are being sued for and if you think you are innocent or not, always show up to court for any lawsuit against you. If you don't show up, you lose automatically.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Best advice I ever got is regardless of what you are being sued for and if you think you are innocent or not, always show up to court for any lawsuit against you. If you don't show up, you lose automatically.
    That might actually be the best advice possible. If you show and plead "I don't know what's going on or how the fuck to deal with any of it", the court will usually help you out. Or point you in the direction of services.

If you no show - you're fucked, and the court gets PISSED, because you're treating them with disrespect (by wasting their time, etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    If you don't show up, you lose automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If you no show - you're fucked
    And this wasn't even "my car didn't start". This is "you asked me to do something six weeks ago and I said in public you weren't allowed to do that". It's not just disrespecful, it's intentionally combatative. With the person who's about to tell you how much of your money you now have to give away.

What a fucking idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

I'm telling you right now, this is going to be the misdemeanor from hell for Merrick Garland, Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden.
    "What...does that even mean?"

It means Steve Bannon is fucking insane.

Let's review:

1) Bannon goes to a hearing Thursday. I expect from this...let's say "questionable"...statement, he's going to plead Not Guilty by virtue of I Just Don't Want To. He will then attempt to throw as much shit on the courtroom walls as possible to deflect from...

2) This is a slam-dunk case. Bannon has no legal defense. His only option, therefore, is to spam lolkek in trade chat until he's one-shot, and pretend he won somehow.

3) Misdemeanor this may be, but this isn't a parking ticket. If the judge is feeling...let's say "Alex Jones' judge"-y, Bannon could face $100,000 in fines and a year in jail, for each of his two contempt charges.

We've already seen how Trump fares in court. I am not sure if Bannon has better lawyers, but they do share the strategy of "please listen to my off-topic irrelevant ramblings and ignore that I have no case". Maybe Meadows or Miller have a shot with this...I hesitate to even call it "Chewbacca defense" so I'll call it the "Jar-Jar okay-defensay", because they actually worked in the WH. Bannon did not. He's dead in the water, and any judge knows it.

We’re going on the offense. They took on the wrong guy this time; they took on the wrong guys.
    ...did they, though?

Bannon doesn't seem to realize he's the sacrificial lamb. He's the message Garland is going to show everyone else in Team Trump. I am starting to wonder if he's doing this for show, lying and acting like he'll fight this so he doesn't lose any of Trump's rabid fanbase from his dwindling audience...then meanwhile, behind closed doors, signing whatever Garland shoves at him while weeping like a schoolgirl. Nothing about fighting this makes sense, and I never pegged Steve Bannon for being suicidal.

https://apnews.com/article/las-vegas...b6a144a8f1d665

THEY FOUND ANOTHER ONE!

A Las Vegas business executive whose claim of voter fraud was featured by state Republicans in November 2020 as proof of tainted votes has agreed to plead guilty to a reduced charge of voting more than once in the same election.

Donald “Kirk” Hartle is expected to pay a $2,000 fine and receive the equivalent of one year of probation when he’s sentenced, according to a plea agreement filed Monday ahead of his scheduled plea on Tuesday in state court in Las Vegas.

Hartle, 55, had faced two felony charges in a criminal complaint alleging that he used his dead wife’s ballot. Hartle’s wife, Rosemarie Hartle, died in 2017 at age 52.

Hartle’s attorney, David Chesnoff, on Monday called the plea deal fair and said Hartle accepted responsibility for his actions.
    Man, this is beyond horse shit. People are getting tossed in prison for years for unintentionally voting multiple times or voting because they believed they were legally able to, but were not, but folks like this fuckstick intentionally commit voter fraud and plea down to a slap on the wrist.

Once again, Republicans are guilty of the very thing they claim is happening - voter fraud - and there continues to be no evidence of even statistically significant voter fraud, much less "widespread".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    fuckstick
    I can't tell from the article, does this mean he's now a convicted felon?

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    He gets 350 million dollars and a lot of people really hate seeing his name on anything in certain parts, like there's a huge fight over a golf course he has in New York.

Now maybe he has financial problems that he'd take the cash and accept the name loss, though I doubt @Breccia 's statement that he is desperate ( seeing as Breccia has gotten a hard on every story that paints Trump in any negative light ).

No major bank would want to associate itself with him right now. Though I wonder if he even runs the company at this point or if his sons are still in charge and he's focused on 2022 and 2024.
    He is broke, he is very desperate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meadows is between a rock and a hard place.

"According to who?"

Himself.

He's exerted, and rightfully so, his executive privilege. And it's not up to me to waive it. And so it's got me between a rock and a hard space.
    -- on FOX News

Meadows is right, but is implying there was nothing he could do. Bullshit. He could have chosen not to be part of the murderous insurrection. He put himself between the law, and Trump who turns on anyone who puts anything else before Trump. Barr didn't do that. Pence didn't do that. Meadows did. This is on him.

Oh, and Meadows went on to say, basically, "I can't comment for legal reasons, but nobody did anything wrong in any way at all, there will be no questions".

By the way, Meadows is also lying. He's being asked for communications with Trump he claims are privileged, that part's true. But he's also being asked for other parts -- such as trying to extort a Georgia election official. Not only would that not be covered by Executive Time, but also, it could easily be a felony. And we have heard that the GA investigation has started. There is every reason to believe that GA will have probable cause for the same information -- on account that Raffensperger likely has Meadows on tape, or Trump using Meadows' name on tape. And by "probably" I mean "here is the transcript."

Meadows can't wring his hands and oh gosh, oh gollie me out of this one. There's any number of murderous insurrectionists he might have directly contacted, all of whom are feeling sold out by now and looking for an escape clause. He might also have been sold out by someone closer to him, such as Grisham or Barr. And Bannon's being dragged to court Thursday to find out how long he spends in federal prison.

He can whine all he wants about how unfair the situation is. I agree, he is in an unfair situation. Too bad he put himself there of his own free will.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post

Now maybe he has financial problems that he'd take the cash and accept the name loss, though I doubt @Breccia 's statement that he is desperate ( seeing as Breccia has gotten a hard on every story that paints Trump in any negative light ).
    Considering the debt we know Trump has I'd say that he is desperate. He probably has as much money as I do.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/las-vegas...b6a144a8f1d665

THEY FOUND ANOTHER ONE!

Man, this is beyond horse shit. People are getting tossed in prison for years for unintentionally voting multiple times or voting because they believed they were legally able to, but were not, but folks like this fuckstick intentionally commit voter fraud and plea down to a slap on the wrist.

Once again, Republicans are guilty of the very thing they claim is happening - voter fraud - and there continues to be no evidence of even statistically significant voter fraud, much less "widespread".
    Poor Republicans scared by Trump and the GOP into voting multiple times go to jail.

Rich folks wait around for Trump to get reelected so they can collect their pardons.

You know that's what Bannon is banking on. Can't help out poor of Dumpy Jones though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Poor Republicans scared by Trump and the GOP into voting multiple times go to jail.

Rich folks wait around for Trump to get reelected so they can collect their pardons.

You know that's what Bannon is banking on. Can't help out poor of Dumpy Jones though.
    If these people are found guilty of state crimes, it won’t matter if Trump (God and all the angels in heaven forbid) is re-elected; he won’t be able to pardon them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about Alex J--

Folks. They were always going to default us, and they’re always going to do it at the appeals court level, too. I’ve known that. I’m just going to illustrate the whole thing for everybody. And then that gives us the time to, you know, to move forward and fight the globalists.
    ...what? No, you didn't turn over required documents. Again. This wasn--

I really think that what’s happening to me and to Infowars – I mean, I know it’s a symptom of the disease of globalism
    Dude, globalism didn't say Sandy Hoax, then refuse to turn up in court. That was American laws you br--

and the disease of corruption and decadence in this country
    OMG I have seen your house you have a hot tub, what the h--

and in the world in general and really of the end of the country as we know it.
    DUDE. You made shit up and your fans terrorized parents who had lost their children. You facing consequences is not the end of the country, you melodr--

the country, for all intents and purposes, is gone. This is modern warfare we’re under. And the country itself is being bankrupted and dissolved.
    You know what, fuck that guy. He's 0 for 4 by his own actions. Let him dig his own grave. Moving on.

So let's talk about the Ellis memo.

"But Breccia, it's called the Eastman memo."

Oh, haven't you heard? There's a second memo outlining how dictator Trump could crown himself king, written by

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Jenna Ellis is lucky she’s basically just a clerk.
    glorified clerk but really lawyer for Team Trump. It's everywhere now, so while I'll cite, I dunno, this one, any site that isn't Infowars probably has it by now.

New Year's Eve, Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, emailed a memo to a top aide to Vice President Mike Pence outlining how the vice president could overturn Biden's November electoral win, said a new report from Jonathan Karl, ABC News' chief Washington correspondent.

The memo, which was written by Trump's campaign attorney Jenna Ellis, is detailed in Karl's upcoming book, "Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show," which chronicles how Pence was being goaded into invalidating the Democratic victory.

In the memo, the book said
    "Whoa whoa whoa. How do we know this memo actually exists?"

Hmm. Hey remember that time, or two, or sixty, that Trump's lawyers attacked state elections with unverified claims by Some Guy On Twitter? And demanded the elections be halted based on information he didn't actually have because it didn't actually exist? And still claims fraud despite finding only what @Edge- keeps showing us are Republicans voting for their dead parents?

"I remember it differently..."

Well, if Some Guy On Twitter with unbacked and, as it turns out, bogus claims is enough to sue to stop a national election, surely Jonathan Karl, an ABC investigative reporter in politics who has won multiple awards is at least a good enough source to issue some subpoenas?

"..but--"

No. None of that. Shame on you. After Team Trump intentionally and willfully used fake witnesses, literally zero of whom took the stand and survived, Team Trump and the rabid fanbase have lost every single microgram of credibility needed to say "I don't trust this source". Team Trump tried to overthrow democracy itself and did so with lies so fucking stupid, his lawyers are being literally sued for billions and are losing their licenses. So sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, you have no right to handwave this after what you did and who you backed.

*ahem*

Moving on.

Ellis listed a clear strategy for Pence to contest the results, which would have involved the vice president on January 6 sending back the electoral votes of six competitive states that Trump said he won.

The plan outlined that Pence would then issue a deadline of "7pm eastern standard time on January 15th" for states to return an updated vote total, Karl wrote.

According to Ellis' plan, if any state legislature failed to provide vote totals by the deadline, then electoral votes would not be "open and counted" from that particular state.

In such a case, neither Biden nor Trump would have compiled a majority of votes, which Ellis said would mean that "Congress shall vote by state delegation," a move that would have aided Trump since Republicans controlled a majority of congressional delegations.

On January 1, a day after the Ellis memo was sent, Trump's aide John McEntee, the book said, relayed another memo to Marc Short, Pence's chief of staff, entitled "Jefferson used his position as VP to win."

While the historical information in McEntee's memo was inaccurate
    Link provided by the source

the message stressed that Pence needed to fully use the levers of power granted by virtue of his position.

Throughout the first week of January, Pence was publicly pressured by Trump to overturn the election results, with the backdrop of the Georgia Senate runoff elections determining the fate of the party in the upper chamber.

"I hope Mike Pence comes through for us," Trump said at a Georgia rally in support of GOP Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, who both lost in the runoffs. "I have to tell you I hope that our great vice president comes through for us. He's a great guy. Of course, if he doesn't come through, I won't like him quite as much."
    "Wait, can I trust this Karl guy when--"

I fucking warned you.

"No no, erm, hypothetically, from the point of view of a member of the rabid fanbase, why would they believe Karl? They only trust Trump, and Karl is not Trump. I don't even know if Trump has met Karl."

During an interview with Karl
    "Um...like, back in the 90's, or--"

Trump said Pence erred in certifying Biden's electoral victory.
    "Fuck me for asking."

"He could have — well, the people were very angry," Trump said. "If you know a vote is fraudulent, right, how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress? How can you do that?"

Trump said that he was unsure if he could ever overlook Pence dismissing his wishes.

"I don't know," he said. "Because I picked him. I like him, I still like him, but I don't know that I can forgive him."
    Trump turning on people who don't willingly sacrifice their money, lives, and careers for Trump is nothing new. Bolded and orange for only Trump would say this. Trump continues to call the election stolen to this day.

Now like I said, sources are everywhere on this.

I don't know if Jenna Ellis has been subpoena'd. I do know that Bannon has, and that subpoena directly calls for any communication with Ellis. I think it's likely Ellis sent the memo, obligatory but not heartfelt "if it exists" just to cover my bases, to Bannon.

Ellis worked for John McEntee, Trump's chief of personnel. He has been subpoena'd. If @Vegas82 is correct, Ellis might get away with "he made me do it!" but I hope not. If my boss asked me to write up a battle plan to overthrow democracy and appoint American King for Life, with the knowledge it would actually be used, I would tell him to go fuck himself and probably resign in protest -- especially if I knew my boss had just been fired anyhow.

If I'm following the timeline correctly, Ellis' memo was from Jan 1 and pre-dates the Eastman memo.

Eastman and Ellis probably also shared their talking points with Trump's rabid fanbase to get their support, getting people like Sen. Ted Cuck goddamit Sen. Ted Cruz to try to stall the election results until they could just replace them with "Trump wins!" scrawled on a BK napkin.

Pence has gone on record saying he parted ways amicably with Trump, that he doesn't have any regrets. This is after all of the above happened, and also, after (as Karl goes on to say) "You can either be a patriot, or a pussy."

Well, as Jimmy Kimmel points out, at least now we know which.

The investigation must continue. This is the United States of America, not a dictatorship. If there are no consequences to trying to overthrow democracy, if there are no consequences for people in a position of power abusing that power for their own gain, then why wouldn't this happen again?

Anyone who stands behind this behavior is a traitor to the country. There is no excuse.

Idk if this is supposed to be a bit or what, but check the clip in this tweet of Laura Ingraham doing a version of “Who’s on first” with a guest.

https://mobile.twitter.com/djtweets/...08002436829190
    I hope to god this was actually unintentional, because if they planned any aspect of this it just jives with the "Conservatives don't understand humor" line nowadays.

But holy hell was it dumb as hell either way.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nancy4251...76249286057984

At least one viewer didn’t get it. Pretty sure it wasn’t a bit, but I don’t watch her enough to really judge.
    Man, and we were just talking about how conservatives aren't funny. Because this seems more and more intentional and less and less funny.

An 80 year old joke with an easy setup and they still manage to make it deeply unfunny.

Monday's quickie report:

70,823 new cases; 467 deaths, bringing the total to 784,779. A lot more cases than last Monday but as I said last week we can probably expect corrections for the first half of this week due to the holiday last Thursday and with Thanksgiving coming up next week we'll probably only get another week's worth of good data in before things get fucked up for another week. (What a shitty sentence. Oh well.) I'm also concerned about how the inevitable gatherings for Thanksgiving are going to boost numbers. At any rate, I expect we'll continue to see numbers heading up at the end of the week even after the corrections, so brace yourselves, Winter is coming.

Covid is surging in Europe. Experts say it’s a warning for the U.S. Yep. The Netherlands set another new record yesterday (and looks like it's been broken again today) and things are getting fucked again. Once again: Heed the ghost of Christmas future.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-11-16 at 06:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Covid is surging in Europe. Experts say it’s a warning for the U.S. Yep. The Netherlands set another new record yesterday (and looks like it's been broken again today) and things are getting fucked again. Once again: Heed the ghost of Christmas future.

Stay safe, folks.
    And anti-vaxxers already have been going that it isn't the virus, it is the vaccine causes it.

Honestly, I don't think people realize how lucky we were this pandemic was COVID and the first strains weren't as bad as Delta let alone as bad as they could have been. Pandemic experts have been saying for decades that global pandemics aren't just possible, but certain to happen.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And anti-vaxxers already have been going that it isn't the virus, it is the vaccine causes it.

Honestly, I don't think people realize how lucky we were this pandemic was COVID and the first strains weren't as bad as Delta let alone as bad as they could have been. Pandemic experts have been saying for decades that global pandemics aren't just possible, but certain to happen.
    I actually really wonder just how extreme a pandemic would have to be to shake them out of their delusions even if their leaders try and play it down. As sad as it is, if it weren't for Trump playing it down, many of these people wouldn't have been against it.

Just how bad does it have to get for their people to just admit, "Yeah, this shit's bad and we need to listen to the experts" even if their leaders are claiming otherwise.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Just how bad does it have to get for their people to just admit, "Yeah, this shit's bad and we need to listen to the experts" even if their leaders are claiming otherwise.
    It can never possibly get that bad. For them to admit that their leaders were wrong would involve admitting that they were scammed by a conman and that would be a victory for the libz.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I actually really wonder just how extreme a pandemic would have to be to shake them out of their delusions even if their leaders try and play it down. As sad as it is, if it weren't for Trump playing it down, many of these people wouldn't have been against it.

Trump literally told his supporters to get vaccinated ... they BOO'ED him. It doesn't matter how bad it gets at this point. Nothing will convince these people that they are wrong.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Trump literally told his supporters to get vaccinated ... they BOO'ED him. It doesn't matter how bad it gets at this point. Nothing will convince these people that they are wrong.
    "Trust the plan" is the very earthly/non-metaphysical version of "God works in mysterious ways".

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1958823.html

Reminder that Republicans don't care: Greene is bragging about paying $65K in fines for not wearing a mask.

That's double the average income in the US.

This might be the most expensive instance of political virtue signaling I've seen in a while.

Trump told them to get vaccinated after spending his entire time in office telling them NOT to get vaccinated and that it was all a hoax. If he hadn't don't that and just was honest from the start (Something Trump can't do) his followers would have listened and did it. TRUMP is what made it political and got it to that point. Once he crossed that line, he couldn't uncross it.

I wonder just how far would it have to go before they listened. At this point, they could have a mutation that has an 80% mortality rate within 24 hours of showing symptoms IF you got to a hospital in time and spread like something from the Plague Inc game and the vaccine as 95% effective against and they would likely still try and make excuses until it him them or someone they loved personally and even then they might blame that person.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.