Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The game is not going to die plain and simple it would be dead already if it was going to die, you are just spouting of constant nonsense because you dont like the game, you act like no other game has had problems for years like WoW, if you dont like a game thats fine but you are only here because you want to be validated for not liking the game.
    To be honest it just seems like he likes the game too much and is trying to convince himself to hate it. I uninstalled it myself, the game has problems for sure and it won't captivate all kinds of players, especially for the long term but that's completely fine.

Spending 1 month constantly trash talking a game on a random forum though, that's some next level persistence.

@Nyel It's ok to love New World, no need to be shy about it

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I don't understand how this is an issue. Crafting is an important part of the game, if it was easy to get your skills up to 200, what would be the point? I'm currently working on getting my armoring up, and while it's taking a long time, I have absolutely no issue with that at all.
    Crafting is an important part of the game on paper. In game it’s completely pointless. There’s nothing crafting does better than loot drops from chests or dungeons. One thing it does better though: making you poor while stealing your time.

You don’t think that grinding hundreds of thousands of resources isn’t an issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The game is not going to die plain and simple it would be dead already if it was going to die, you are just spouting of constant nonsense because you dont like the game, you act like no other game has had problems for years like WoW, if you dont like a game thats fine but you are only here because you want to be validated for not liking the game.
    Uhm, the game is dying right at this moment. The player peak fell below 200k primetime players recently. The game is still losing around 65k primetime players per week, this is ~30%. Within the next 2 weeks they will have less than <100k players left. And there’s just no coming back from this.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Makes it even worse for those who lost a 3090 (2000€+) GPU because of this game.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    To be honest it just seems like he likes the game too much and is trying to convince himself to hate it. I uninstalled it myself, the game has problems for sure and it won't captivate all kinds of players, especially for the long term but that's completely fine.

Spending 1 month constantly trash talking a game on a random forum though, that's some next level persistence.

@Nyel It's ok to love New World, no need to be shy about it
    Oh, I‘m just craving to see this game fail. And this massive failure and the ongoing issues just cement this game to be a flop - and what can I tell you, it makes me genuinely happy.

From Alpha player to this. Amazon made me like that and I have no shame to admit it. They deserve every yota of failure and floppage they’re experiencing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    snip
    I'll never understand that tbh, not being able to move on with your life. I open this thread daily to see if there is any interesting discussion.. and if one person has the audacity to say 1 positive thing about the game, I know right away that there will be a quoted post not long after just to try to disprove whatever the positive person said.

Its like the same thing as those who are always defending anything with their life, but reverse. Game is great on some aspect, not so great on others. Definitely not for everybody, and its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There’s nothing crafting does better than loot drops from chests or dungeons.
    The whole process can be kinda fan though, so that's like, good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The whole process can be kinda fan though, so that's like, good enough for me.
    Oh, that’s where I completely agree. The mechanics and the overall design is fun and cool. So is the diversity in crafting skills and what you can do with it. Unfortunately the implementation ruins all of that.

I mean they basically have to merge 500 servers. It worked well on the PTR under very limited circumstances, but I have no idea how it will work when they do it with hundreds of servers overall.
    I am skeptical of their ability to pull this off smoothly.

Crafting is an important part of the game on paper. In game it’s completely pointless. There’s nothing crafting does better than loot drops from chests or dungeons. One thing it does better though: making you poor while stealing your time.

You don’t think that grinding hundreds of thousands of resources isn’t an issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, the game is dying right at this moment. The player peak fell below 200k primetime players recently. The game is still losing around 65k primetime players per week, this is ~30%. Within the next 2 weeks they will have less than <100k players left. And there’s just no coming back from this.
    Crafted gear in NW is better than loot drops, it has set perks that are guaranteed, drops dont have that and you will be very lucky to get a legendery from a dungeon, most items that drop are not very good, getting a good item itself is a 1% drop its even rarer to get a 600 legendery with good stats and perks.

Its not dying, it would already be dead, and when new patches hit players come back, NW has not lost all those players they can come back anytime they want, WoW loses upto half its playerbase between every single patch because there is not much to do in it and the same with other MMOs. Its not going to die anytime soon. Not all players have to play the game 6 plus hours a day, many might just log in and do daily things like chest runs since we have put in 400 plus hours and can chill and take time with the game,
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-11-16 at 06:40 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Bezos himself called New World the first huge massive success of AGS. This game had over a million concurrent users at launch. It sold millions of copies by now. This game didn't only pay its own development cost but also for the next 2 titles they produce. You have to be extremely dumb to assume that this game was a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Bezos himself called New World the first huge massive success of AGS. This game had over a million concurrent users at launch. It sold millions of copies by now. This game didn't only pay its own development cost but also for the next 2 titles they produce. You have to be extremely dumb to assume that this game was a failure.
    Being able to dupe a bunch of people into buying overhyped garbage and not offering a refund when you fuck it up this badly because of something like "you played more than an hour!" might technically be a success, but it will absolutely hinder their future game sales.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Being able to dupe a bunch of people into buying overhyped garbage and not offering a refund when you fuck it up this badly because of something like "you played more than an hour!" might technically be a success, but it will absolutely hinder their future game sales.
    That's Valve's refund policy, if you play more than 2 hours in the month or so refund window you lose that refund right.

And given that we're seeing like, ATVI having some misses combined with huge internal issues and lawsuits and they're still doing fine, AGS will be fine. Most folks who buy games don't pay attention to much of the online chatter about them, and it doesn't look like Crucible going belly-up in short order impacted anyone's decision to buy/not buy New World.

That's Valve's refund policy, if you play more than 2 hours in the month or so refund window you lose that refund right.
    Where do you think I got it from?

and it doesn't look like Crucible going belly-up in short order impacted anyone's decision to buy/not buy New World.
    The difference is no one actually bought crucible, right? It never went on-sale. Conversely, this game is buy2play (honestly refreshing, so they get cudos there IMO), so people are going to remember their bad time POST purchase a lot more IMO.

Where do you think I got it from?
    Is it available elsewhere? I honestly don't know. Or am I missing something here.

The difference is no one actually bought crucible, right? It never went on-sale.
    It launched as a F2P game but was yanked from the store altogether within a month or two to go back to beta after its player numbers tanked to a few hundred concurrent (even after killing off two of the gameplay modes so that people could actually find matches with others), where it was killed. It was monetized with founders packs and a MTX shop and everything.

They didn't do as big a marketing push around it, but they still pushed for it and branded it as their "first big budget game".

Is it available elsewhere? I honestly don't know. Or am I missing something here.
    I got mine direct from amazon as I had some vouchers. It was an error as they have a 0 returns policy. I only played about 90 mins but it just wasn't for me. Annoying as a very rarely return games.

I know some folks are upset about the town downgrades. Which is fair. But if the companies are getting a refund, the players should get compensated for the goddamn rent on our houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    players should get compensated for the goddamn rent on our houses.
    Man, I'm more and more glad that I'm cheap/lazy and haven't nabbed a house yet so I can use the discount on a nicer one later.

Man, I'm more and more glad that I'm cheap/lazy and haven't nabbed a house yet so I can use the discount on a nicer one later.
    I have 3 houses in-game and the taxes are high AF. Windward, Cutlass, and Everfall are ridiculous.

Trade being shut down meant no income but taxes were still due.

Some of these companies make millions each week. Whatever company controls Everfall, controls the entire economy basically. Yet their refunds are gonna be huge, on top of the server transfer refunds.

The absolute wreck of the economy at the top end sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You know nothing about Amazon Game Studios. This is their first game that was commercially released. Their two games before didn’t make it out of Alpha / Beta or were so quickly trashed that they didn’t make any cash. Amazon Games Studios already wasted hundreds of millions of dollars for nothing but failures.

Their budget seems to be hundreds of millions of dollars per year and the best they can do is New World?

Here‘s an interesting article: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/20...-game-division

Maybe they returned New World‘s investment with the sales, but for sure did they not make up for all their losses. And for sure did they not make revenue to create even more games.

It‘s clear that New World is not meant to be around for years to come. It will go into maintenance mode as soon as their trophy launches, Lost Ark. New World will be forgotten by then.

Remember, Warhammer Online had hundreds of thousands of subscribers for several months. And that game still got only one content patch and was sunsetted after a few years.

New World doesn’t even have a monetization model and the player count is already shrinking and reaches new lows day by day. There’s no way New World will be supported with major content additions on a regular basis (and no, I don’t call 5 new enemy types and 2 new quests content). Maybe as paid content one or twice a year, but you first need customers for that.

On top of all that, everybody will remember Amazon‘s poor handling of their own games and how foolishly they run them. Everybody will remember the massive issues of exploits and bugs of New World - their reputation is forever tarnished.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-11-17 at 06:48 AM.

Maybe they returned New World‘s investment with the sales, but for sure did they not make up for all their losses. And for sure did they not make revenue to create even more games. It‘s clear that New World is not meant to be around for years to come. It will go into maintenance mode as soon as their trophy launches, Lost Ark. New World will be forgotten by then.
    This is a surprising take.

What's going on with their gaming division is par for the course for companies like Amazon. They spend a bunch of money failing at something and learning a shitton from it, and then start getting much better at it to the point where they're making up for those earlier losses. That's what the deep pocketbook they have buys, not endless budgets for individual games or instant success.

And they have quite a few games in development beyond the few that we're aware of, so it's not surprising that between development of those titles + ongoing work on Lumberyard that they're spending tons of money annually. But again, that's the business model. Spend a ton of time losing money before you start becoming fabulously wealthy. Especially when you can have one division - AGS - work with another division - Twitch - which works with other divisions - Amazon, AWS etc. - so you're building yourself a nice little ecosystem designed to funnel and keep people spending money through your companies.

Lost Ark as their cash cow though? Not only are the sharing revenue with Smilegate (vs. New World where they don't split with an external developer/publisher), but let's take a few informal measures -

Lost Ark Reddit: 56K - https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/
    New World Reddit: 321K - https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/

Lost Ark Twitter: 57.8K - https://twitter.com/playlostark
    New World Twitter: 399.9K - https://twitter.com/playnewworld

Now yes, New World benefits from being launched and having that full marketing campaign behind it, which I doubt New World will see an equal budget for. But I'd be surprised if it even hits New World's peak launch CCU even as a F2P game. It's gotten some pretty good press buzz from the beta test and all, but I'm just not seeing it coming close to New World.

Remember, Warhammer Online had hundreds of thousands of subscribers for several months. And that game still got only one content patch and was sunsetted after a few years.
    Because it was hilariously broken and even less finished than New World (they straight up cut classes and capital cities to make it). Not tons of dupe bugs and whatnot, but it was pretty awful to play around launch time for a ton of reasons. EA had ludicrous expectations for the title, and it didn't hit those targets and was bleeding players quickly. At a time when EA's financials were in the shit, so aggressive cuts were made that greased the way for the game to get abandoned before Mythic could do much real work on it, sadly. Though it did live for 5 years, which was when the license expired and they dropped it like a hot rock.

There’s no way New World will be supported with major content additions on a regular basis (and no, I don’t call 5 new enemy types and 2 new quests content).
    I don't think anyone is expecting like, ESO or FFXIV style quarterly updates that bring a bunch of shit and happen like clockwork. But this isn't a bad first update for the game. New weapon which sounds kinda neat, some improvements to the two areas people have been complaining about - quest variety and enemy variety, while working on areas other have complained about like combat for the live build. Short of adding new playable content like dungeons or a zone, that's not bad. And it fits given that this is still a PvP game, and adding more and more weapons absolutely counts as content (even if it makes balance oh so much fun). They ain't doing perfect, and maybe I'll change my mind whenever I hit max level (I'm frequently distracted by other games and generally level slowly, so have been insanely slow). But from where I'm sitting, it looks alright for the $40 asking price.