Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I mean he if already met the people and presumably is talking to the lead leads does it really matter if he does it again after a title change?
    As said above, rank and file personell rarely engages with senior staff, especially if they're not in the same department.

Sorry, but when you're the leader of such a big company, it's not realistic that you've ever introduced yourself to every person.

Disregarding that it's frankly just a formality when you're taking over as leader of the entire company.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    I wouldn't want to meet her either. You're supposed to make time to introduce yourself to the boss and make a good impression. I hope she gets fired.
    At what company does the employee barge into the Presidents office and say "THOUGHT ID INTRODUCE MYSELF"

Jesus, these employees and their misleading tweets are so cringe.
    Hate that toxic twitter echo chamber.

To be fair, I wouldn’t want to meet her either after reading through her Twitter. I’m honestly surprised she’s still employed there. Well, actually not really considering how woke she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    At what company does the employee barge into the Presidents office and say "THOUGHT ID INTRODUCE MYSELF"
    Go all the way and smash the wall of said office, Kool-Aid man style I say. That's how you demonstrate that you really care about your company's leadership.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Social media really brings out the worst in people, it seems.

I doubt it is a coincidence that some of the most memorable and widely praised games in existence came out in the years before social media had such a chokehold over society.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Social media really brings out the worst in people, it seems.

I doubt it is a coincidence that some of the most memorable and widely praised games in existence came out in the years before social media had such a chokehold over society.
    Or you just spend more time complaining about how twitter ruins games instead of playing any games to determine their quality.

Or you just spend more time complaining about how twitter ruins games instead of playing any games to determine their quality.
    ::Neil Druckmann intensifies::

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wow, he didn't even introduce himself.
    The devs don't have the RIO score needed to be in his company. Who's got time for scrubs?

- - - Updated - - -

Or you just spend more time complaining about how twitter ruins games
    it ruins a lot more than games, to be honest.

I didn't say that games stopped being good altogether.

Though it's pretty clear to me that social media has had a more negative than positive impact upon the overall quality, creativity and depth of many modern games.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    You're supposed to make time to introduce yourself to the boss and make a good impression.
    That isn't how corporations work. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That isn't how corporations work. At all.
    Oh ok. lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    If three months in you haven't heard from your new boss, then chances are you are at very least being considered for termination because it's easier to fire people you don't know. Not Tracy Kennedy specifically but as part of a larger group of employees that could be let go.
    I spent a few years at a medium-size semiconductor fab of about 1000 employees. Never met the CEO personally or spent more than a few minutes one on one with anyone at the VP level and that was in perfunctory meetings at best. The quoted statement is 100% bollocks.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-11-17 at 01:17 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

She look exactly like what i expect an Overwatch employee would look like, entitled Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I didn't say that games stopped being good altogether.

Though it's pretty clear to me that social media has had a more negative than positive impact upon the overall quality, creativity and depth of many modern games.

In what way? The 'greatest' games of all time are games Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Half Life, Golden Eye, MGS. Very few of the best and most fondly looked at older games have any depth at all. I get more depth out of Stardew Valley then I do out of Half Life, Mario 64 and OOT and Half Life is one of my favourite games of all time

You're giving blanket blame to Social Media instead of the real culprits that have cropped up intensely the past 20 years. Crunch, Bad pay, Outsourcing, The live service push, Pay to win, Lootboxes.

You are just associating your dislike and distaste for Social Media with game quality going down. On top of all this is nostalgia, I remember forums posts of people in droves calling Doom 2 a sell out piece of shit game because they went for graphics over gameplay.

I can't even with the creativity part, what are you on? There is a billion different games from endless genres, literally thousands of games every year for any type of game you could ever want and advertised and put out there because of Social media being a free catalyst for creators to find an audience, instead of being a stealth advertiser on GameFAQs.

The mediums might have changed, the methods may have shifted but this shit has been around for decades and is no way responsible for a decline in game quality.

Correlation does not equal causation.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2021-11-17 at 04:18 AM.

4k employees and he hasn’t individually introduced himself to all of them yet, smdh

ff14 fanboy circlejerk: Yoshi-P is 95+ parser, do WoW Devs even play the game?

>WoW lead plays the game

fanboy circlejerk: why is he playing the game?

Social media was a mistake

7+ Year Old Account
    Does this make him a bad person now? Should we get our pitch forks out

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The other part is that this is usually about people who actually work on the floor who need a motivator more especially in this time of covid and thus would appriciate some manager to dropp by and ask how things are doing.
    In my experience at least.
    yeah, their manager, that they actualy know and maybe even worked with previously...
    if boss of boss of boss (dunno how many ladders there is but he is WAY above developers) of your boss came in out of the blue most people wouldnt appreciate it, actualy quite a few of them would get suspicious or outright scared that there is something going on

especialy in such a big company, i work at huge company and i havent met in person anyone above my direct manager, even before covid
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-11-17 at 08:11 AM.

Seems like a good boss from that fact alone, the worst thing you can get is one of those overly personal people who claims that you're one big family.