Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its so funny, until a week or so ago, Ybarra was considered MAN OF THE PEOPLE, the one who understands WOW cause he does high keys and raids and actually plays.

And now, as he is just Holinka 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post
    She look exactly like what i expect an Overwatch employee would look like, entitled Karen.
    Pretty obnoxious and childish comment. Not unexpected at all, however.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    fanboy circlejerk: why is he playing the game?
    Replace "Fan circlejerk" with "Actual Blizzard employee" and then you're closer to the actual situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah, their manager, that they actualy know and maybe even worked with previously...
    if boss of boss of boss (dunno how many ladders there is but he is WAY above developers) of your boss came in out of the blue most people wouldnt appreciate it, actualy quite a few of them would get suspicious or outright scared that there is something going on
    Pretty much this.

I work at a movie theater. We're part of a nation wide chain.

I personally know my boss (the General Manager of the theater) fairly well. Have been seeing him 5 days a week for the last 4+ years (since he replaced the last GM).

I have also personally met the regional director multiple times. He shows up a few times a year to check on how things are running, maybe stops and chats with the general crew a bit, but usually he is there to spend time with the GM (and usually his "visits" are announced a day or two in advance so we can run around like chickens with our heads cut off to make sure the building is shipshape and such).

I have literally NEVER met (that I can recall) anyone higher than that on the corporate ladder, and I have been with the company for almost TWENTY YEARS at this point. If the CEO of the company dropped in, I doubt even our GM would know him to see him.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2021-11-17 at 08:56 AM.

It's such a bad look if one of the led devs of your flagship product goes on fucking Twitter of all places to air dirty laundry. Such a moronic move, it's insane.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2021-11-17 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think anybody’s realistically expecting weekly family dinners or fireside chats with the guy, but would it have hurt him to spend a morning in his first few weeks doing a walk around of the campus and shaking hands or something?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Pretty much this.

I work at a movie theater. We're part of a nation wide chain.

I personally know my boss (the General Manager of the theater) fairly well. Have been seeing him 5 days a week for the last 4+ years (since he replaced the last GM).

I have also personally met the regional director multiple times. He shows up a few times a year to check on how things are running, maybe stops and chats with the general crew a bit, but usually he is there to spend time with the GM (and usually his "visits" are announced a day or two in advance so we can run around like chickens with our heads cut off to make sure the building is shipshape and such).

I have literally NEVER met (that I can recall) anyone higher than that on the corporate ladder, and I have been with the company for almost TWENTY YEARS at this point. If the CEO of the company dropped in, I doubt even our GM would know him to see him.
    Well there's a difference between you as an Associate and a producer on one of the company's flagship titles that is stuck in development hell. I would think as leader he'd want to sit in on a meeting or two.

He's far too busy selling boosts during work hours to meet employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Well there's a difference between you as an Associate and a producer on one of the company's flagship titles that is stuck in development hell. I would think as leader he'd want to sit in on a meeting or two.
    There is also a difference between a franchise strewn across a country and everyone being in 10 minute walking distance.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    To be fair, I wouldn’t want to meet her either after reading through her Twitter. I’m honestly surprised she’s still employed there. Well, actually not really considering how woke she is.
    I swear, a law firm could make a fortune just getting rid of woke employees for companies that are stuck with these poisonous time bombs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I don’t think anybody’s realistically expecting weekly family dinners or fireside chats with the guy, but would it have hurt him to spend a morning in his first few weeks doing a walk around of the campus and shaking hands or something?
    When the company is running average or better you do that, but when it's in the legal, financial and political mess it is in right now, you investigate quietly and carry a big law firm stick. His first job will be to isolate or eliminate the poisonous individuals, then evaluate who is left that has real talent and make a new team with just them. I doubt Blizzard can be saved but Ybarra will probably be its last chance before a selloff happens that will include massive layoffs.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2021-11-17 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    dont they at least partialy work from home still? and in big companies "intorductions" of new leader are usualy done via some video
    and we dont really know he didnt do that, we know this one person havent met him, and thats about it
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-11-17 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Oneal was VV head. Ybarra was involved with battle.net dev management and VP of something I believe. Ybarra has also supposedly been around the Blizzard offices much longer than Oneal, as in years rather than months, so something isn't matching up.
    Always came to the thought that he and Oneal were moved to the seat from the same business, guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    He wasnt in VV, he was part of the Xbox team.
    Ah, thought he was in VV, due to the big announcement of both being moved into the WoW team.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The whole thing smacks of airing dirty laundry to fan the flames.
    Why wouldn't you get all the dirty laundry out now while people are actually looking at and investigating issues of leadership failures?
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Especially when it isn't business as usual.
    I mean, has it really been 'business as usual' when you've had massive leadership problems, firings and leavings, as well as a number of government investigations and a multiple staff walkouts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It's such a bad look if one of the led devs of your flagship product goes on fucking Twitter of all places to air dirty laundry. Such a moronic move, it's insane.
    What do you do when HR doesn't listen to your valid complaints? And has a very well publicised history of ignoring valid complaints? And being actively investigated by the government for ignoring said valid complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    thats precisely the reason there is multiple levels of management, that CEO doesnt have to sit on every meeting (which would most likely be impossible), he have meetings with heads of departments for sure, and other people if he need to, not with everyone...

and if you think "producer" is some high position... you are wrong there is a dozen producers on overwatch, and 2 LEAD producers, those would be the people CEO would have meeting with...

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wow, he didn't even introduce himself. That's so rude and unprofessional.
    I'm sure he sent an email though.

While I don't find it that unusual that the head of a company doesn't meet his employees, Blizzard as a company is completely rotten and fuck*d. I think the only thing they can do is really... disband the company at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    What do you do when HR doesn't listen to your valid complaints?
    "i havent met CEO" is not valid complaint though... its kinda petty whining
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-11-17 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm sure he sent an email though.

While I don't find it that unusual that the head of a company doesn't meet his employees, Blizzard as a company is completely rotten and fuck*d. I think the only thing they can do is really... disband the company at this point.
    Based on a lot of decisions made recently, I honestly feel like Activision is trying to bury Blizzard so they can swap to mobile games.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Introduction or atleast say hi once in a while can be a strong motivator for some. No matter the reasons.

Working different schedules is just a stupid reason as a boss honestly.
    So the CEO's at Target or Wal-Maryt are bad bosses because they don't say hi to every single employee all around the country? What asinine logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    "i havent met CEO" is not valid complaint though... its kinda petty whining
    "The CEO hasn't met anyone and is just playing games with a digital hustle on the side while the company is going down the crapper" seems like a fairly valid complaint.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    I met the President of the division of my company once, about 6 years ago, when i got a performance award (Kinda like a employee of the year for the department I was in).

I haven't seen him since then and I'm quite a bit higher on the Software Engineer ladder now.... I wouldnt expect a President to spend his time actually talking to devs, thats not what a President of a company does (Whatever they want to give his title, thats what he is essentially).

They are doing a poor job of this overall, but I think its silly to nitpick on the fact he isnt meeting with devs which is probably the least concerning thing he is doing.
    yeah this, hes only been around a bit, there is far more important stuff going on, and covid is still "existant" so i dont see why he should have been expected to do meet and greets with all 10,000 employees already...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content