Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Okay, serious question: Why would a guy that runs a site that primarily concerns itself with raiding, talk about an audience that also includes activities beyond raiding?
    Especially in a thread where he initially reported that Classic reached a new peak on his own site?

Disregarding that, it still doesn't change what i said earlier: It's more popular than Retail on Warcraftlogs, unless you want to tell me that the guy read the numbers wrong on his own website, you're just moving the goalposts again.
    And Warcraft logs doesn’t show that at all. Neither you or the guy have shown any data even from that website that support your claims.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    do you really belive that ?
    Somebody makes a statement based on numbers and you ask me whether i "believe" that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    And Warcraft logs doesn’t show that at all. Neither you or the guy have shown any data even from that website that support your claims.
    Considering it's coming from the host of a rather reputable website, i'm inclined to believe that.

If you want to say he's putting out "Fake news", go ahead, but that's just copium on your part.

Somebody makes a statement based on numbers and you ask me whether i "believe" that?

Considering it's coming from the host of a rather reputable website, i'm inclined to believe that.

If you want to say he's putting out "Fake news", go ahead, but that's just copium on your part.
    The thing is …. No one put out numbers and you believe them. But seeing you use words like Copium, you are the typical feelings > facts type of person

this would confirm recent information that blizzard will do anything but realm merges - even facing game being on verge of death.

TBC confirmed dead too. shame. but it was bound to happen

- - - Updated - - -

what is happenign is proving how dead TBC is and that it was a mistake even releasing it.
    Sigh.... it is not dead, lower pop realms are in trouble because people are moving to all the popular realms to try and find groups easier. Just like what happened on retail. TBC is holding tons of players, probably in the hundreds of thousands to a million or so, how is that dead? By your same token retail is pretty much dead going by recent player number accounts.

An example of this is the exodus from guilds on alliance over the last few tiers, all moved to horde to access the higher player pool to find people easier to play with/recruit. Facts.

The thing is …. No one put out numbers and you believe them. But seeing you use words like Copium, you are the typical feelings > facts type of person
    Yes, when that person has access to more knowledge than me, that is not entirely unreasonable.

Disregarding that, it's been you has conjectured a bunch of assumption from that, not me.
    I didn't say, "Classic has more players than Retail", i said "it's more popular on Warcraftlogs" - according to Warcraftlogs.

Yes, when that person has access to more knowledge than me, that is not entirely unreasonable.

Disregarding that, it's been you has conjectured a bunch of assumption from that, not me.
    I didn't say, "Classic has more players than Retail", i said "it's more popular on Warcraftlogs" - according to Warcraftlogs.
    And you haven’t shown it’s more popular. You just posted a link to someone saying it’s more popular overall. Which I said he can’t even know as his site doesn’t track most player.

And you haven’t shown it’s more popular.
    Why should i show that if i didn't say that?

I said TBC is more popular on Warcraft logs, if you attempt to derive from that whether it's overall more popular, that's on you.
    His site tracks most raiders, so stick to that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, a decent part of the problem is also the trivial raid content.

A lot of people i've seen, played their alts like this:
    Hit 70.
    Get attuned for Kara (can even skip this step now as Kara attune is gone since P2)
    Join one of the weekly Karazhan raids on your completely green Alt.
    Vacuum Loot.
    Log off.

Rinse and repeat.

A lot of people are completely skipping the initial gearing process of a freshly capped character because the entry raid content is that easy and you'll often have overgeared characters that still need a few pieces that then carry the run.

Add to this that heroics are extremely punishing for freshly capped healers and tanks, makes the whole thing even more difficult.
    Especially because there is barely any decent loot for tanks in heroics, unlike dps where a handful of pieces from heroics are on par / superior to Karazhan loot.

If you're tank, it's literally easier to just join a Karazhan raid as OT, soak up loot and skip heroics entirely rather than go
    Normal Dungeons => Heroic Dungeons (where you get your ass busted if your healer isn't overgeared) => Karazhan.
    I ran Kara for the first time in like 15 years on my mage sunday and the guild I joined hasn't even started doing SSK/TK and there were a few of us that needed pretty much all gear. We wiped once on Nightbane because he crushed our under geared tank and insta gibbed him and that was the only fight we wiped on. We just aoe'ed down Moroes and every single fight was a cake walk. DPS was ranging from 600 to 1200. It was just so incredibly easy. I don't recall 15 years ago it being that freaking easy but ya, why waste time in dungeons other than for rep if you don't need too. I spend most of my actual in game time either PvPing or leveling alts and since I have a guild full of 70's I basically get free boosts and grab the gear I need from each dungeon then go back to doing quests (I enjoy quests btw so I don't boost endlessly).

The free transfers don't mean TBCC is dead.

The reality is that it's a combination of the "set" amount of content being consumed at the pace players are accustomed to in Retail, raid logging, the fact that progression content is skippable as others have noted and the lack of new players.

A lot of these issues were masked back in the day by the constant influx of new players to WoW as the game population grew by millions per year in the first 6 years of the franchise. The Classic versions of the game, though appealing to a large subset of current and former WoW players, never would be able to attract "new" players to Wow on the scale of the original releases for a variety of reasons including but not limited too - being re-releases of 15 yr old games, lack of marketing and general overall decline in interest for the franchise (Retail / Classic).

This natural and expected decline in realm populations, once the set amount of content has largely been farmed by the majority of the significant player base that were attracted to TBCC to begin with, is not an indication that Classic was dead and/or wasn't a success.

Why should i show that if i didn't say that?

I said TBC is more popular on Warcraft logs, if you attempt to derive from that whether it's overall more popular, that's on you.
    His site tracks most raiders, so stick to that.
    ‚‘ Classic (TBC) Activity even surpasses Retail at the moment on Warcraftlogs.´´

Surely it wasnt your intend to not mention that all you meant was that tbc has more parses than retail has in a difficulty on warcraftlogs?

Surely it wasnt your intend to not mention that all you meant was that tbc has more parses than retail has in a difficulty on warcraftlogs?
    ???
    I'm sorry, i think what the statement means is pretty obvious, and speaking of intent seems also pretty dumb considering i'm essentially paraphrasing what Kihra said on Twitter.

And frankly, when i actually check Warcraftlogs and see that there are a total of 1.8M parses of just a single Class in TBC in Tier 5, i'd say that's a pretty damn impressive number.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why the drop chance change. whatever the case I guess I'll do doomwalker now.

this would confirm recent information that blizzard will do anything but realm merges - even facing game being on verge of death.

TBC confirmed dead too. shame. but it was bound to happen

- - - Updated - - -

what is happenign is proving how dead TBC is and that it was a mistake even releasing it.
    TBCC is the only reason I am my entire guild in TBCC are subbed to wow, so I don't believe it was a mistake I loved TBC when it was new and love it now. I love Raid logging and miss it since they killed it off in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    TBCC is the only reason I am my entire guild in TBCC are subbed to wow, so I don't believe it was a mistake I loved TBC when it was new and love it now. I love Raid logging and miss it since they killed it off in Legion.
    Same. I have a guild of 4 25 man raid teams and we all play with classic tbc exclusively. None of us play retail now.

Considering you don't need a lot of dev work to make wow classic work financially speaking wow classic has been amazing for them.

What do you need 10000 people paying 15 a month to make a profit? There are a lot more than that. And that's not even factoring all of the people that paid $25 to transfer one character from dieing realms before these transfers came.. hell I paid $200 to transfer all my characters so I'm sure they're enjoying their profits now

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    Same. I have a guild of 4 25 man raid teams and we all play with classic tbc exclusively. None of us play retail now.

Considering you don't need a lot of dev work to make wow classic work financially speaking wow classic has been amazing for them.

What do you need 10000 people paying 15 a month to make a profit? There are a lot more than that. And that's not even factoring all of the people that paid $25 to transfer one character from dieing realms before these transfers came.. hell I paid $200 to transfer all my characters so I'm sure they're enjoying their profits now
    Worst part is Windseeker will not get any of these transfers and we desperately need them, we have I would say a low-Medium pop server and could really use more people. IMO this could easily be solved by making 3-5 Mega servers and just putting all the realms together so its easier to maintain on their end and better for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Sigh.... it is not dead, lower pop realms are in trouble because people are moving to all the popular realms to try and find groups easier. Just like what happened on retail. TBC is holding tons of players, probably in the hundreds of thousands to a million or so, how is that dead? By your same token retail is pretty much dead going by recent player number accounts.

An example of this is the exodus from guilds on alliance over the last few tiers, all moved to horde to access the higher player pool to find people easier to play with/recruit. Facts.
    Blizzard released the Active player numbers last quarter.