5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Wheeeeeeeeeee - haters are gonna hate - but wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    I agree there should be a reset. If you guys are on Ptr somewhere please give suggestion to Blizzard to free this constellar in The Sepulcher so the reset can be done properly. Otherwise we will be screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Just really hoping they don't release the patch between Elden Ring and Horizon Forbidden West, I would have to reconsider if I would sub if it would be the case.
    That is unlikely unless Horizon gets delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That is unlikely unless Horizon gets delayed.
    Imagine if Horizon gets delayed a week and people then start claiming 9.2 releases between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I find this general idea of what he’s going to accomplish very interesting, but if he unmakes reality… why would we as heroes still exist?
    There was a hint of potential there, until it was "revealed" that he just wants to dominate everyone. I don't think it'll be more complex than that. And if I'm wrong and he does decide to do something interesting, I'm sure they'll throw in a line about Zereth Mortis being the immutable fulcrum of reality, thus we cannot be unmade while there.
    Last edited by draugril; 2021-11-17 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    There was a hint of potential there, until it was "revealed" that he just wants to dominate everyone. I don't think it'll be more complex than that. And if I'm wrong and he does decide to do something interesting, I'm sure they'll throw in a line about Zereth Mortis being the immutable fulcrum of reality, thus we cannot be unmade while there.
    Oh, you already have given the most basic reason why it could work (not saying it's a good one though), lol.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh, you already have given the most basic reason why it could work (not saying it's a good one though), lol.
    If they wanted to be a little bit clever, they could flesh out this Maw Walker thing and explain our connections to the First Ones, thus being outside the power exercised at Zereth Mortis... but I really don't think they've put much thought into this at all. That would require a degree of forethought and continuity that I haven't seen for over a decade now.
    Last edited by draugril; 2021-11-17 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean he could win and reset the Universe and we're just stuck in a Universe under his direct control and that becomes the new big bad for Book 2 of the Warcraft Saga.

Or better case he dies but succeeds in his mission and we're still stuck on a new Azeroth unable to go Home to the old one.
    So, after rewatching the 9.2 announcement video again, I think a lot of this thread has been misquoting or misconstruing Danuser on the End of the Book deal. He said it's the End of one Book, not the End of Book One. I think he's specifically referring to the Sylvannas plot that really started to pick up in Legion, and the threads from older stories that he mentioned was about the Arthas/Sylvannas/Death plotline culminating in Zovaal's plotline. So I think we should probably chill on the Infinity War expectations and refocus on things being the start of a new overarching plot starting in the next expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    So, after rewatching the 9.2 announcement video again, I think a lot of this thread has been misquoting or misconstruing Danuser on the End of the Book deal. He said it's the End of one Book, not the End of Book One. I think he's specifically referring to the Sylvannas plot that really started to pick up in Legion, and the threads from older stories that he mentioned was about the Arthas/Sylvannas/Death plotline culminating in Zovaal's plotline. So I think we should probably chill on the Infinity War expectations and refocus on things being the start of a new overarching plot starting in the next expansion.
    Then what was the point of this expansion if not an overreaction to the N'zoth defeat cinematic. It just doesn't make sense, this entire expansion was set up for the purpose of Zovaal winning and he wrote it so that we again did free Zovaal unintentionally just like with N'zoth mirroring the N'zoth situation completely.

If this doesn't get satisfactorily concluded then it means they are creatively banrkupt.

This entire expansions' entire story has hinged on Zovaal being unstoppable and it concluding the Azeroth Soul dilemma that's been haunting the narrative for way too long.

I am not saying Zovaal needs to win, but it genuinely should be impossible narratively for us to win without the Void and it seems that is the likeliest conclusion of the story that the Primus utilizes Void beam to kill Zovaal together with our Void Infused player characters.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-17 at 03:24 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Then what was the point of this expansion if not an overreaction to the N'zoth defeat cinematic. It just doesn't make sense, this entire expansion was set up for the purpose of Zovaal winning and he wrote it so that we again did free Zovaal unintentionally just like with N'zoth mirroring the N'zoth situation completely.

If this doesn't get satisfactorily concluded then it means they are creatively banrkupt.

This entire expansions' entire story has hinged on Zovaal being unstoppable and it concluding the Azeroth Soul dilemma that's been haunting the narrative for way too long.

I am not saying Zovaal needs to win, but it genuinely should be impossible narratively for us to win without the Void and it seems that is the likeliest conclusion of the story that the Primus utilizes Void beam to kill Zovaal together with our Void Infused player characters.
    I'm more saying that the people going "LOL, no way did Blizz have this idea back in WotLK, much less during WC3" are missing the point. That was never stated. It's been stated that this expansion is tying up threads that have been left from those earlier stories in conjunction with the plot that has been moving with Sylvannas since Legion (becoming Warchief and using the Horde to further her plan with Zovaal). I do think there is evidence in the story that says they've had Zovaal planned since then, just that it has been very crappily implemented in an effort to save reveals for shock value... which falls flat. I have no idea what is going to happen at the end of 9.2, I just know that it won't be a wrap up of the story since the beginning of Warcraft, which is what some people have been reading into with Danuser's comments about this being the End of One Book of Warcraft... but it's just the end of One Book, not the end of Book One... there is a big difference in those two statements, and the outrage seems to be coming from the idea that the latter was said, when really it was the former.

Edit:

As for the overreaction bit, it's not even that. We've unleashed the real "big bad" of every expansion since MoP during the story leading up to the final patch (except not in WoD, we were mislead about who the real "big bad" of that expansion was, which was actually more like Blizz changed their mind 3 times about who that "big bad" actually was in the first place). The formula was slightly different in Legion, where Sargeras was already out there, we just gave him the means to imminently invade Azeroth, which is what he's been after for the past 10,000 years (and by we, I mean Illidan, naturally), but it still plays out functionally the same. So I don't see how it is an overreaction to N'Zoth, it's just the Blizz expansion formula at this point.
    Last edited by Lakrin; 2021-11-17 at 03:51 PM.

Interesting lore speculation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...l_wield_power/ What do you guys think?

Also: PTR Today?

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Interesting lore speculation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...l_wield_power/ What do you guys think?

I think he's trying to headcanon a ton of inconsistencies that the writers either don't care about or aren't aware of. Which is something I would have done in years past, so I applaud the effort. But Blizzard simply doesn't think long-term these days.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    If they wanted to be a little bit clever, they could flesh out this Maw Walker thing and explain our connections to the First Ones, thus being outside the power exercised at Zereth Mortis... but I really don't think they've put much thought into this at all. That would require a degree of forethought and continuity that I haven't seen for over a decade now.
    That's an awful lot of complaining about storypoints we don't even know will exist. Also, attributing way more forethought and continuity to past WoW than it ever had.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    More or less, the narrative doesn't deserve this time of thinking in the first place. It's all freeform and without regard of continuity or love for the franchise.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post

Optimistic. Did we even get one "very" or "quite" soon from all the 9.2 interviews and stuff?

7+ Year Old Account
    With how everything is going rn, i doubt we'll see PTR until the 30th.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    With how everything is going rn, i doubt we'll see PTR until the 30th.
    My guess as well; the employees were all given the week of Thanksgiving off.

7+ Year Old Account
    So while we are waiting for the weeks to go by - do you guys think we will be able to get our hands on Kingsmourne in the Raid? And if so, will it be a legendary like Sylvanas' bow? Also, would the Jailers' mace be a legendary too?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Where is that wowhead image of the Jailer's weapon from? Looks like it was datamined but was it from 9.1 or 9.1.5?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Where is that wowhead image of the Jailer's weapon from? Looks like it was datamined but was it from 9.1 or 9.1.5?
    It's from the 9.1 raid weapons datamining - I think he already uses the mace during Sanctum?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I very much doubt we will be getting kingsmourne, as I doubt Anduin will bite the dust... actually scrap that, we already know he won't, since we need to learn from him about sadomaso magic. I don't see us getting his weapon(s) therefore.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.