Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    oh, sadge. thanks for letting me know. at least someone is? idk. is there any decent news today? this whole thing is despicable on behalf of kotick and activision.
    Hard to say. The story is still developing, we had that IGN article an hour ago? So now, we gotta wait and see.

I don't expect consequences to happen today.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    She can be proud of her work and her people and still criticize the company. That is not really all that complex. Plenty of people work hard to see projects through. Not only that, the devs dissastifaction with the C-suites is now a given at Blizzard. Also she was not the only one to complain.
    Yeah no, she is happy to take the glory and money from working for blizzard while at the same time stabbing the people who pay her and gave her the job that allowed her to make these accomplishments in the back. And it is not even that she complains about abuse or work conditions, she complains about a guy not coming to her to personally introduce himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yeah no, she is happy to take the glory and money from working for blizzard while at the same time stabbing the people who pay her and gave her the job that allowed her to make these accomplishments in the back. And it is not even that she complains about abuse or work conditions, she complains about a guy not coming to her to personally introduce himself.
    That is not what she is complaining about. She is complaining that in 3 months, he has not introduced himself to the team. Which is a valid criticism.

What are you on about? She is not backstabbing her friends and co workers. She is criticizing a leader. She is happy that she can make cool things but she can still be unhappy about the leadership. That is honestly not that hard to figure it out.

Why are you defending a multi-million dollar company? Why do you treat it like the company gave verything to her and she owes them something? I think your priorities are twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    The only shareholders who called on Kotick to resign own about 0.6% of shares. Kotick owns about 0.49% by himself. This group has been calling him to resign for a while so this isn't really something new. But it is still good.
    It's a group that want to be the sole dictators of how the company runs. Should not be taken seriously by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not in the US you don't. She has zero grounds for a lawsuit if they fire her for that
    Its touchy. So you can certainly file lawsuits for unlawful termination. They cannot let you go for things like religion, sex, age, race, and in some cases injury depending on if it was on the job or not sort of thing. So when you file this lawsuit they will need to prove they didn't fire you for those things. Which is why usually when they want to fire you before it happens you will know it. At least in a career based job. Walmart or whatever, not to sure. A verbal and then written reprimand will come quickly. You can get away with this because policies are written in a way you can get write ups for doing your job at almost any company. This will usually be before a performance evaluation as well so they can ding you on that. So now you have the paper trail that probably is about 6 months long now if you are playing it safe. Then you drop that second written on them and sit them down and do the "well if you just leave" game to try to get them to sign something to get them to quit for like a months pay or something. Most people sign this because you put insane pressure on them to do it now or they get nothing situation and the reality is most people can't pay bills for a month or two without their pay. Then if they refuse you have a policy that states that refusal to cooperate with HR is grounds for termination. HR was trying to get you to sign. You didn't corporate. The termination papers are drawn up the next day and you don't give the fired person a reason because obviously if you do then they can pull the "because I am black" (as an example) and if you cannot prove beyond a doubt the reason you gave to them for being fire then in a civil court you probably will be found to have done it "because they are black" (again example). If you give no reason then you just have to prove you didn't do it because "they were black" or whatever they decide to sue you for and that is easy to do because you created your paper trail of policy violations.

Now I am not a lawyer by any means. But I have had to fire people as management and this is how the company lawyers have told me in "normal people terms" obvious without all the finer details and what ifs. This is pretty much how it works. Even if you got video tape of someone snorting cocaine in the parking lot and coming in to the office freaking out because he is high out of his mind you generate something like this over time and fire them in this fashion. Its just the time table that speeds up or down depending on violation.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-11-17 at 10:16 PM.

Lucky for her she seem to get her meeting now.

I don’t know Ybarra from Adam, and the fact he sells m+ gold runs make me care about him even less but come on. There are over 4k employees at Blizzard alone, is he supposed to put a chair up in the lobby of all their buildings like Santa Claus and have all the employees sit on his lap and tell him what they want? Not to mention he’s worked there for awhile already

That is not what she is complaining about. She is complaining that in 3 months, he has not introduced himself to the team. Which is a valid criticism.

What are you on about? She is not backstabbing her friends and co workers. She is criticizing a leader. She is happy that she can make cool things but she can still be unhappy about the leadership. That is honestly not that hard to figure it out.

Why are you defending a multi-million dollar company? Why do you treat it like the company gave verything to her and she owes them something? I think your priorities are twisted.
    In a company with thousands of workers and the tiny thing of it being a pandamic its not that wierd not everyone get a face to face with highest boss.

Especially when they dont even work at the same place.

Like back in the "great" old times how many at Blizzard Dublin, Paris or Shanghai do people think got to meet Mike Morhaim or Allen Adham and wierd enough no one of them made a big deal over it on twitter.

Im sure not many outside those working at Irvine got to meet them.
    Last edited by Raven; 2021-11-17 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    I met the President of the division of my company once, about 6 years ago, when i got a performance award (Kinda like a employee of the year for the department I was in).

I haven't seen him since then and I'm quite a bit higher on the Software Engineer ladder now.... I wouldnt expect a President to spend his time actually talking to devs, thats not what a President of a company does (Whatever they want to give his title, thats what he is essentially).

They are doing a poor job of this overall, but I think its silly to nitpick on the fact he isnt meeting with devs which is probably the least concerning thing he is doing.

He has literally even said himself since being hired he has had little to no input on the development of the game. Most people on here have no clue how a business actually works. They seem to think the executives just walk around the office barking orders at people lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    In a company with thousands of workers and the tiny thing of it being a pandamic its not that wierd not everyone get a face to face with highest boss.

Especially when they dont even work at the same place.

Like back in the "great" old times how many at Blizzard Dublin, Paris or Shanghai do people think got to meet Mike Morhaim or Allen Adham and wierd enough no one of them made a big deal over it on twitter.

Im sure not many outside those working at Irvine got to meet them.
    There is no need to have a face to face, or 1-1 meeting.

A zoom call would be enough. Just some sort of general introduction.

And apparently it took 3 months for that to happen. And it was a recording.

There is no excuse for this.

I'm a CFO in my region for a big german car brand, and I see the CEO once per year (in person) and that's at the end of the fiscal year.

Even scheduling quarterly meetings via teams is a hassle, it needs to go through quite a few channels to make it happen.

Then again that CEO works 7/7 and is constantly in meetings or at the plant looking at the new prototypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    He has literally even said himself since being hired he has had little to no input on the development of the game. Most people on here have no clue how a business actually works. They seem to think the executives just walk around the office barking orders at people lol.
    I think he knows he is keeping the seat warm and that's It. He is fine with it too. Going forward his resume will have lead executive level experience at a multibillion dollar company. He made to the promise land of only your insane greed will eventually bring you down club.

There are several valid excuses. One being that he is only in this position for 3 month. Maybe he had to first get an idea what his new job is gonna be. Then he had to deal with the fallout of the entire bullshit, a job I wouldn't want, it was probably neither fun nor easy. Not to mention that the person he was supposed to splitt the workload with quit.

Meeting some Overwatch Devs, especially if they are this hostile, was not a priority. Heck if I had had one look at her Twitter I would never want to meet that one.

He trusted the teams to continue their jobs, introductions can be done later. For example on a company christmas party or something. Like many on the internet this woman just wants to hate someone, she has no real reason. Blizzard is an easy target atm.

So he should sit in a zoom call and phone up 5000+ people to introduce himself, i hope he doesnt have any important stuff to do.

And the introduction shouldnt that have been done by you know those that hired him, maybe it works diffrent over there but when i was hired the boss who hired me intruduced me to the people i would work close to, and sent out a pm to the rest intruducing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I have over 3500 employees, they all don't get face to face time. I have work to do so do they and we all don't work the same schedules.
    normally, yes. but things arent normal at blizz currently. and given that its an issue of mistreated/straight up abused employees, introducing yourself as the new boss should be common courtesy.

that being said, jessica gonzales has posted quite a lot of cringy/half-true stuff before, so i dunno.

there are much, MUCH bigger issues at blizzard than fckn ybarra lol. the biggest of them being bobby kotick himself. maybe she should focus on getting that fucker out first, before going after the dude who is quite new to such a "big" job.
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-11-18 at 12:21 AM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    There are several valid excuses. One being that he is only in this position for 3 month. Maybe he had to first get an idea what his new job is gonna be. Then he had to deal with the fallout of the entire bullshit, a job I wouldn't want, it was probably neither fun nor easy. Not to mention that the person he was supposed to splitt the workload with quit.

Meeting some Overwatch Devs, especially if they are this hostile, was not a priority. Heck if I had had one look at her Twitter I would never want to meet that one.

He trusted the teams to continue their jobs, introductions can be done later. For example on a company christmas party or something. Like many on the internet this woman just wants to hate someone, she has no real reason. Blizzard is an easy target atm.
    If you read the thread you would know that it is not only OW devs. Its Q&A and WoW as well.

And that is not a valid reason. In times of crisis, people look to their leaders, and if a leader was brought in to answer that crisis, the fact that he did not introduce himself to their teams, in a Zoom call for 20 minutes is a blunder. And the fact that such introduction was pre recorded, while better than nothing, it is also in bad form.

To put it simply, if you are hired to solve the biggest PR crisis the company has ever seen, with employes satisfaction at a record low and you take 3 months to introduce yourself to the teams that you lead, you made a mistake. There is no valid excuse for that. Managing people is the job. Is not only about doing things no one else can do. Leading the company is the job, and you can't lead it if you don't talk to your employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    So he should sit in a zoom call and phone up 5000+ people to introduce himself, i hope he doesnt have any important stuff to do.

And the introduction shouldnt that have been done by you know those that hired him, maybe it works diffrent over there but when i was hired the boss who hired me intruduced me to the people i would work close to, and sent out a pm to the rest intruducing me.
    That is an important thing to do. So, yeah, he should.

He is in a leadership position. He need to introduce himself, that is leadership 101. It's 20 minutes.

He is in a leadership position. He need to introduce himself, that is leadership 101. It's 20 minutes.
    20 minutes across 5,000 employees is 10,000 minutes. Assuming there's zero down time and the guy did nothing but call employees for the entirety of his shift that would be approximately 21 days of straight Zoom calls. This is the CEO of a billion dollar company who you want to sideline with introductory Zoom meetings for over a month.

Please tell me you aren't serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    20 minutes across 5,000 employees is 10,000 minutes. Assuming there's zero down time and the guy did nothing but call employees for the entirety of his shift that would be approximately 21 days of straight Zoom calls. This is the CEO of a billion dollar company who you want to sideline with introductory Zoom meetings for over a month.

Please tell me you aren't serious.
    You are misunderstanding.

I am not asking for a 1-1 meeting. He should just do a 20 minute speech or less to the teams in general.

Not 20 minutes with each employee, he basically should do what happened today.

If you read the thread you would know that it is not only OW devs. Its Q&A and WoW as well.

And that is not a valid reason. In times of crisis, people look to their leaders, and if a leader was brought in to answer that crisis, the fact that he did not introduce himself to their teams, in a Zoom call for 20 minutes is a blunder. And the fact that such introduction was pre recorded, while better than nothing, it is also in bad form.

To put it simply, if you are hired to solve the biggest PR crisis the company has ever seen, with employes satisfaction at a record low and you take 3 months to introduce yourself to the teams that you lead, you made a mistake. There is no valid excuse for that. Managing people is the job. Is not only about doing things no one else can do. Leading the company is the job, and you can't lead it if you don't talk to your employees.

He wasn't hired to appease the employees Jen was. He was hired to appease gamers.

Do you have any experience in this situation? Cause several people who are around the OW devs level have defended him saying they haven't seen their boss for years and shit.

You are misunderstanding.

I am not asking for a 1-1 meeting. He should just do a 20 minute speech or less to the teams in general.

Not 20 minutes with each employee, he basically should do what happened today.
    That's a bit more reasonable but still... not entirely necessary. There's no unwritten rule of management which requires leadership to interface with all members of their teams. It's nice if the dude can afford the bandwidth but it shouldn't be expected.