Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Sit in a que every day at peek hours and sometimes off hours too, not long though just like 20-50 people que but still.
    This is how their lobby server works. It always queues. That doesn't mean the server is full.

On launch, you may wait a bit in queues, but it's not bad for most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    This is how their lobby server works. It always queues. That doesn't mean the server is full.

Weird, cause playing on NA server from EU I don't get queues on afternoon, they only start in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Weird, cause playing on NA server from EU I don't get queues on afternoon, they only start in the evening.
    I'm on Levi and will get a queue at any point in the day, it's not long but still there. Are you on Crystal? I rarely had them other than primetime when I was on that data center.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post

Why would they put you in a queue when the server is not even at/near full capacity? This makes it sounds as if it'll even queue you even though the server is just at 10% capacity, which makes no sense, since something like 80 or 90% would be probably optimal. Not full, but still wiggle room

If it's saying 20-50 people it's not a real queue, it's a delay on logging in that applies regardless of current server capacity. Why square called it a queue is beyond me.

Shadowbringer Relic quest done and I was going to finish leveling my trust NPC's to 80. But honestly I'm kinda burned out and just taking a small break leading up to endwalker.

I am so ready for endwalker lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm on Levi and will get a queue at any point in the day, it's not long but still there. Are you on Crystal? I rarely had them other than primetime when I was on that data center.
    Interesting as I'm actually on Primal too, Excal - just logged few of my toons to make sure I'm not crazy, there was no queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Why would they put you in a queue when the server is not even at/near full capacity? This makes it sounds as if it'll even queue you even though the server is just at 10% capacity, which makes no sense, since something like 80 or 90% would be probably optimal. Not full, but still wiggle room
    Its probably safer for the login server. Kinda like ddos protection so not too many can login at the sametime... remember how many times WoW has had its login servers down? ye, those no doubt got overwhelmed by logins before the queue had a chance to turn on.

Id rather have a queue for a few mins than have the login servers go down and then have to wait hours before they get them back up only to go down again due to the masses logging in asap... but then again well see what happens at launch.

Has anyone experience with farming lvl 70 dungeons and which one might be the Antitower of the bracket? I've been thinking about it and frankly if there is one that takes about 20 minutes or less it might already be more efficient to spam that over DR for the "Irresistable" step of the weapons quest. Stormblood is kinda a haze for me and I don't remember most of it. ^^;
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Interesting as I'm actually on Primal too, Excal - just logged few of my toons to make sure I'm not crazy, there was no queue.
    I checked a few things about 2 hours ago and no queue, but if I jump on around reset time or any time in the afternoon its like 10-20 people. Primetime is about 30-40 but even that is a matter of moments. Maybe I just have bad luck, who knows.

The queue system has always been weird. It's the same for adventurer in need. It says tank, then queue up as tank, it takes 3 minutes and then you are the 12th tank in line. Meanwhile you queue up as healer and you get an instant invite.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Has anyone experience with farming lvl 70 dungeons and which one might be the Antitower of the bracket? I've been thinking about it and frankly if there is one that takes about 20 minutes or less it might already be more efficient to spam that over DR for the "Irresistable" step of the weapons quest. Stormblood is kinda a haze for me and I don't remember most of it. ^^;
    Now this might be a long shot, as I have no idea what you're talking about. But I remember one of the Auspice dungeons (the one with a lot of fire, iirc it was the first) going super fast, being really easy, and some in my group discussing they had to farm it a certain number of times for something.

The queue system has always been weird. It's the same for adventurer in need. It says tank, then queue up as tank, it takes 3 minutes and then you are the 12th tank in line. Meanwhile you queue up as healer and you get an instant invite.
    I think the adventurer in need just updates every few minutes or so. At times, where there's around the same number of tanks / healers around, it may well be that many tanks sign up when it's on tank, and due to the then shortage of healers, they'll have to wait. I experienced the same thing as healer, and in almost all cases adventurer in need will switch to the other while I'm still in the queue. Luckily, it counts from when you sign up, not from when the dungeon starts. That being said, on my DC it's somehow 90% on tank anyway, and with the sage release it might be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Now this might be a long shot, as I have no idea what you're talking about. But I remember one of the Auspice dungeons (the one with a lot of fire, iirc it was the first) going super fast, being really easy, and some in my group discussing they had to farm it a certain number of times for something.
    Did a Sait Mocianne's Arboretum (Hard) aka. the mud dungeon and it timed to less than 15 minutes. I guess I gotta try some of the lower ones as well, since the ilvl difference would be more significant there. But I think I found what I will be doing the next couple of weeks.. certainly beats DR/TD. If I wanted to I could even cycle through the 70 dungeons to spice it up or do some ala mhigo / the ghimlyt dark instead for some extra moogle tomes (and therefore GS passes ).

Edit: Ghimlyt Dark it is, rather quick, easy pulls (no ilvl sync like Ala Mhigo), opens way faster than Saint Moccainne's (being part of the MSQ helps I guess), gives 4 moogle tomestones right now and some decent-ish amount of poetics for good measure as well.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-18 at 03:17 PM.

https://twitter.com/michaelmaddy/sta...29454600278020

Babylons Fall NDA ended. Turns out the armour is straight up just the models from FFXIV including some 1.0 stuff from ten years ago. Theres still no confirmation if this is placeholder or not but man knowing SE i wouldn't be shocked if its another recycle. We are going to be seeing 13 and 14 models for the next decade.

From my experience, Grimlyth Dark is rather quick. Not as fast as Antitower (it's just... the fastest, period) but still goes pretty quickly, especially when tank and heal know what they do and pull everything from boss to boss

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/michaelmaddy/sta...29454600278020

Babylons Fall NDA ended. Turns out the armour is straight up just the models from FFXIV including some 1.0 stuff from ten years ago. Theres still no confirmation if this is placeholder or not but man knowing SE i wouldn't be shocked if its another recycle. We are going to be seeing 13 and 14 models for the next decade.
    What is Babylon's Fall?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    From my experience, Grimlyth Dark is rather quick. Not as fast as Antitower (it's just... the fastest, period) but still goes pretty quickly, especially when tank and heal know what they do and pull everything from boss to boss
    Yeah, I realized as well. Especially with the moogle event right now it looks to be a good choice over running Delubrum Reginae or The Dalridia.

Regardless of level? I always assumed when I queued up as a low level tank and didn't get in right away it was because tanks were in need for higher level content. My queues as a healer are almost always instant, tank rarely so even when they're in need.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Regardless of level? I always assumed when I queued up as a low level tank and didn't get in right away it was because tanks were in need for higher level content. My queues as a healer are almost always instant, tank rarely so even when they're in need.
    I mean all my jobs are lvl 80 for a while now, so I have no recent comparison, but for me it's certainly that way as well. Whenever I queue as tank, because it's in need, I get instant invites as healer. I mean sure there is probably some dynamic here, but it certainly feels like tanks are favored as sought for roles when in reality they aren't.

Btw, 5x15 raw emotions to go.. I guess I might wanna do at least PLA (for possible story purposes) and NIN (because it's one of the few that doesn't look too awful) before Endwalker. MCH, SCH and SUM can suck it. Though maybe summoner will be more interesting come Endwalker, I will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Its probably safer for the login server. Kinda like ddos protection so not too many can login at the sametime... remember how many times WoW has had its login servers down? ye, those no doubt got overwhelmed by logins before the queue had a chance to turn on.

Id rather have a queue for a few mins than have the login servers go down and then have to wait hours before they get them back up only to go down again due to the masses logging in asap... but then again well see what happens at launch.
    DDoS protection is exactly what it is. They batch logins together.

19 days till Endwalker!
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2021-11-19 at 01:17 AM.