Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They look cute but we all know how this is going to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    the problem is that there's enough dotards willing to open their wallets for this trash, that blizzard keeps feeding their insanity.
    Gonna do the inevitable "but FFXIV"

FFXIV has their own cash shop. Most of it is stuff that used to be earned in game. The rest is stuff thats just gear existing named characters wear.

The difference here is that FFXIV isnt dedicating time to make gear that is ONLY used for the cash shop. The gear is either formally obtainable, or was used for another character. Likewise FFXIV doesnt pull shit like only having one new gear set per armor type each patch leaving players with a lack of new cosmetics; no they regularly add new crafted cosmetic gear on top of new raid gear, dungeon gear (though to be fair this is often but not always recolors), and other misc sources gear.

If blizzard has this cash shop ALONGSIDE large amounts of new gear each patch it wouldn't be that big a deal. But they dont. Fuck sake 9.1's raid recycled the legendary gear so all the first major patch had was one new set per covenant (two for the vampires). So a total of 5 new models.

Compared to FFXIV's first major patch in their latest expansion: New raid sets that werent recolored (plus a cosmetic set). New dungeon sets that weren't recolored. New PvP sets that werent recolors. And some new crafted cosmetic sets (at least one, cant really find a list of new recipies in the patch). Two weeks later they had a mini patch with MORE cosmetic gear.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Pretty shit time to release this, don't you think?
    Not any more than the 100s, if not 1000s, of the same type of items on FF XIV's store.

The bargains just refuse to stop at Blizzard! Problems with the management? No worries! Here's a murloc you can strap to your back! Only $15 and a tiny piece of your soul

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Not any more than the 100s, if not 1000s, of the same type of items on FF XIV's store.
    FFXIV also releases substantially more cosmetic and combat gear models than WoW does. In one expansion FFXIV has done more new gear than WoW has in the last three together.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    FFXIV has their own cash shop. Most of it is stuff that used to be earned in game. The rest is stuff thats just gear existing named characters wear.
    How is this genuinely better though? Like, looking at the costume set part of the shop alone, there's 107 different items. Which as far as I know, nearly all of them are only obtainable from there. Meanwhile WoW for transmog has had now the 3 helms, 2 costumes, and this backpack. So 6.

If blizzard has this cash shop ALONGSIDE large amounts of new gear each patch it wouldn't be that big a deal. But they dont. Fuck sake 9.1's raid recycled the legendary gear so all the first major patch had was one new set per covenant (two for the vampires). So a total of 5 new models.

Compared to FFXIV's first major patch in their latest expansion: New raid sets that werent recolored (plus a cosmetic set). New dungeon sets that weren't recolored. New PvP sets that werent recolors. And some new crafted cosmetic sets (at least one, cant really find a list of new recipies in the patch). Two weeks later they had a mini patch with MORE cosmetic gear.
    Why does it matter when it comes out though? 9.1 also had quite a few different back transmogs which is a category that's been sorely lacking in WoW, along with shoulder transmogs. Like from Torghast and Korthia rares.

Why do we keep getting this shop bullshit and the fucking PTR still isn't up

FFXIV also releases substantially more cosmetic and combat gear models than WoW does. In one expansion FFXIV has done more new gear than WoW has in the last three together.
    How is the tmog system over there? Some guildies came back from FF14 and were saying the tmog system was lacking. They wouldn’t elaborate, just said WoW’s collection system was much better.

Wow, they actually spend time and effort on this outfit and it still looks like crap...wtf is up with the chest plate? Did all the good artists get found out to be sexual predators and now we're on the B or C string team?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    How is the tmog system over there? Some guildies came back from FF14 and were saying the tmog system was lacking. They wouldn’t elaborate, just said WoW’s collection system was much better.
    WoW's tmog system is better just because of how it lets you store EVERYTHING, whereas FF14 is limited to 350 items currently, or somewhere close to that. Though tmog in FF14 doesn't cost any money to do, you can pull things out if you want to add new things if you hit cap, and you can dye all the items that are dyeable.

Not to mention FF14 gear look is leaps and bounds beyond most of WoW's painted on non-3d models

I don't get why people think this is terrible to release now? It's been in the works for a while and they aren't just going to cancel plans because some idiot CEO named Kotick is in the news again. Games continue, Blizzard continues. There's nothing offensive here.

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    FFXIV still has restrictions like, you have to own the item itself. Along with needing a consumable item to actually apply and remove glamours, which is what they call it.

WoW at the very least blows them out of the water in that field, setting aside appearance of gear. More streamlined system when you can just collect the appearance and have it unlocked forever, and just need to pay gold directly to change up your appearance.

FFXIV's comes off feeling a bit dated at that point.

Edit- I might be a bit off on the glamour item though itself, it's definitely not extremely straightforward though.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-11-18 at 08:13 PM.

Ironically, while I'd never resub for this stuff, I actually do wish they would do MORE like this. For years I've wondered why WoW isn't shoving more in the direction of cosmetics, be it through MTX or otherwise. It seems to be a model that's working for many games, yet WoW somehow seems like it, idk, sees itself above this? Or something?

It's good to see some cool stuff for people who like that sort of thing. It's not going to solve WoW's deeper problems or anything, but it's still fun.

*Puts on tinfoil hat* THIS IS ALL TO COVER UP BOBBY DRAMA!

Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    Wow, they actually spend time and effort on this outfit and it still looks like crap...wtf is up with the chest plate? Did all the good artists get found out to be sexual predators and now we're on the B or C string team?

- - - Updated - - -

WoW's tmog system is better just because of how it lets you store EVERYTHING, whereas FF14 is limited to 350 items currently, or somewhere close to that. Though tmog in FF14 doesn't cost any money to do, you can pull things out if you want to add new things if you hit cap, and you can dye all the items that are dyeable.

Not to mention FF14 gear look is leaps and bounds beyond most of WoW's painted on non-3d models
    Is Endwalker adding a collection tab like WoW?

That flat, 2004 robe model is like the chanel dress from the simpsons. Good thing they've stapled banana peels and candy wrappers to it.

If this company had to actually render armor you wouldn't even get two patches an expansion.

I have a 6months sub do i get it for free? or must i spend more money?? not being ironic just want to know :P the backpack isnt that bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I have a 6months sub do i get it for free? or must i spend more money?? not being ironic just want to know :P the backpack isnt that bad :P
    If you have an active 6 month subscription, you should get the murlocs added to your account for free. It can take a bit of time though honestly, I think last time I had to wait a day or two before it popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    *Puts on tinfoil hat* THIS IS ALL TO COVER UP BOBBY DRAMA!
    Or to raise the post-Kotick-reveal-plummeting stock, no tinfoil hat here.
    And it actually WORKS, check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, do women have to pay more for this than men?

Just curious...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    Blizzard already lost 13% of its MAU's in the last quarter
    eh... what? last quarter call shown the same MAUs as previous quarter...