Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard is working hard for the money. Even if it looks damn suspect right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    FFXIV also releases substantially more cosmetic and combat gear models than WoW does. In one expansion FFXIV has done more new gear than WoW has in the last three together.
    That's because it's a major revenue stream for them Square. Not so much with Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Maybe try addressing the substance of the post rather than "bUt ThEy DiD dO a QuEsT oNe TiMe DuH wHy Do YoU nEeD a QuEsT?"
    So you want more then just a quest but a quest that meets your arbitrary definition of worth. How can I address the substance when you didn't give any of that in the original post? They did do what you suggested with stuff in the past but not surprising that is somehow still bad. Lol.

It is also absurd to say that it is lazy just because they didn't announce the next expansion through an in-game quest.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Uh oh, someone is in danger of not meeting the sales targets, even with the prolonged free transfers from TBC for 2 months to force people to buy transfers. And just 3 weeks after a new store mount, there comes a 6 month sub reward + a transmog set.
    They just went all out lol .. desperation must be high.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you want more then just a quest but a quest that meets your arbitrary definition of worth. How can I address the substance when you didn't give any of that in the original post? They did do what you suggested with stuff in the past but not surprising that is somehow still bad. Lol.

It is also absurd to say that it is lazy just because they didn't announce the next expansion through an in-game quest.
    No they didn't. You literally spoke to an NPC, he gave you a bullshit quest to complete that provided no context, collected items from doing random shit and voila - tmog (which you already paid for)

But if you want to go ahead and pay for a transmog and reinforce shitty business practices then go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It doesn't make them look worse. You are trying to see something that isn't there. 98% of the people don't even care about the legal issues and certainly aren't going to get outraged because Blizzard continues to do business.
    Ehh... I don't know about that. I definitely disagree with you. I mean, the mass exodus to FFXIV happened for a reason. If I were them, I would try not tu ruffle that much feathers and squander even more goodwill. But that is just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oof. That Can't be good right? I mean... Jesus.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's more like a popular tv show that a lot of people enjoy that keeps making money but you don't like it so you think it's going to get cancelled. Except it doesn't. It keeps on going being as profitable as ever despite what you think.

I don't even care if they add new stuff to the store. As an adult I can choose to buy them or not. I don't need to get a hate boner and jump on the blizzard is bad bandwagon. I use my adulting skills and decide with my wallet. Right now I choose not to play retail.
    This is actually a pretty fascinating phenomena. Saturday Night Live fits that description perfection. Drew Gooden actually did a pretty entertaining look at this not too long ago --

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Oof. That Can't be good right? I mean... Jesus.
    This won't stop until Kotick's ousted.

15+ Year Old Account
    No they didn't. You literally spoke to an NPC, he gave you a bullshit quest to complete that provided no context, collected items from doing random shit and voila - tmog (which you already paid for) But if you want to go ahead and pay for a transmog and reinforce shitty business practices then go ahead.
    Right. Arbitrary rules for what kind of quest is "worth it" just so you can dismiss them doing what you stated they should. Selling a cosmetic in a microtransaction is not a shitty business practice. The only ones paying for it are those that hate they exist but still play and consume the entertainment that uses them. They way a game handles micro transactions can be shitty but they are not bad by themselves.

And the way WoW handles them is far from shitty. Optional purchases that don't change anything when you don't buy them is not terrible.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This is actually a pretty fascinating phenomena. Saturday Night Live fits that description perfection. Drew Gooden actually did a pretty entertaining look at this not too long ago --

- - - Updated - - -

This won't stop until Kotick's ousted.
    At this point, i don't think there is any way that he can stay. Will the board finally cave? Even Sony and Xbox have come forward.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's more like a popular tv show that a lot of people enjoy that keeps making money but you don't like it so you think it's going to get cancelled. Except it doesn't. It keeps on going being as profitable as ever despite what you think.

I don't even care if they add new stuff to the store. As an adult I can choose to buy them or not. I don't need to get a hate boner and jump on the blizzard is bad bandwagon. I use my adulting skills and decide with my wallet. Right now I choose not to play retail.
    Seems to me, what you "need" to do is get triggered by other people's opinion enough to write two paragraphs about how said person is wrong. I don't need a shill to tell me the state of World of Warcraft. Thanks.

Right. Arbitrary rules for what kind of quest is "worth it" just so you can dismiss them doing what you stated they should. Selling a cosmetic in a microtransaction is not a shitty business practice. The only ones paying for it are those that hate they exist but still play and consume the entertainment that uses them. They way a game handles micro transactions can be shitty but they are not bad by themselves.

And the way WoW handles them is far from shitty. Optional purchases that don't change anything when you don't buy them is not terrible.
    Of course it's shitty business practices when the company puts in more effort into purchase items than the items available in game.

I'd say that I am baffled that they are making ads for insignificant MTX, but they've been doing that for a while, these are just a new low

At this point, i don't think there is any way that he can stay. Will the board finally cave? Even Sony and Xbox have come forward.
    It's becoming increasingly apparent that his days are numbered.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's becoming increasingly apparent that his days are numbered.
    Well, I suppose we will find out, lets see what happens tomorrow, since this story keeps developing daily basically.

Well, I suppose we will find out, lets see what happens tomorrow, since this story keeps developing daily basically.
    He's just going to get a golden parachute away from Blizzard, go into professional hiding for a year or two then show back up again in a similar position at a different company. Meanwhile, some other dude on the board will get voted into Kotick's place to make all the same decisions functionally changing nothing at all and our lovely financial system will pretend that everybody lived happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    No, but I'd gladly take the more difficult system while also getting a LOT more options for it, than WoW's system of next to no new gear even on an expansion release.
    How many are really more options and not just slight alterations of something else? And even without dyes you can make alot more unique looking combos from wow gear since you got shoulder transmogs. FF really only has the dye system over Wow for transmog and even then its much more limited than other dye systems like ESO or GW2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's shitty business practices when the company puts in more effort into purchase items than the items available in game.
    Except they do not. The murlocs were likely Blizzconline items repurposed as a 6-month promotion and Blizzcon stuff usually gets special attention. The transmog outfit isn't better then things already in game or added in patch 9.1. But it is subjective because some people will like it and some won't so the value changes depending on how it looks.

Even when talking about mounts there are still ones added that are earned 100% in-game that are cool and special.

- - - Updated - - -

He's just going to get a golden parachute away from Blizzard, go into professional hiding for a year or two then show back up again in a similar position at a different company. Meanwhile, some other dude on the board will get voted into Kotick's place to make all the same decisions functionally changing nothing at all and our lovely financial system will pretend that everybody lived happily ever after.
    What similar company? Mr. Kotick has been CEO since 1991 after him and his partner acquired 25% of the company in 1990 when it was near bankrupt. He won't just go somewhere else though he will have a golden parachute by virtue of his wealthy and longstanding involvement with the company.

What similar company? Mr. Kotick has been CEO since 1991 after him and his partner acquired 25% of the company in 1990 when it was near bankrupt. He won't just go somewhere else though he will have a golden parachute by virtue of his wealthy and longstanding involvement with the company.
    Perhaps it's a bit cynical on my part but I doubt the demand for somebody like Kotick in the tech world will vanish just because he steps down from ActiBlizz. These accusations seem incredibly damaging to his reputation now but time heals all wounds.

I gonna buy the Set. It looks quite cool.

But I don't give an fuck what happen on Blizzard right now. I will return to WoW this month after a 6 month break

Just to prepare for the Addon. While there is no content in TBC and FFXIV

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It does find it's way back into their wallets by keeping them employed and getting their paycheck. But it seems many here(not you) would like to see all the innocent people unemployed and not making any money. To me it is pure and utter nonsense to say none of the artists profit from the store mounts when it is the very work that keeps them getting their paycheck.
    That is what I was getting at in the end, yeah. I just would appreciate if the funds found their way directly to the artists responsible in some way. Which is unrealistic of a hope but still.

Are you just talking about the pay gap? Because he stated that they both asked for equal pay. It doesn't seem like the pay thing was intentional but just corporate dragging their feet on offering new contracts. As both were paid at their before promotion pay rates. I haven't paid attention to any other issues that involve the two and I believe her sexual harassment stuff wouldn't even have shown up on his radar since he was Blizzard and she was Activision (Vicarious Visions). Not to mention he used to be at Microsoft prior to 2019.
    I did miss this actually, saw Wowhead posted it yesterday that he was pushing for both to be equal pay and nothing was accomplished because Activision didn't step up.

That is good to know though.