Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Saw a rumor today that Blizzard may announce "World of Warcraft: Complete Edition" for consoles at the Game Awards. I generally don't give these sorts of rumors any real attention but on a lark I thought about it and still feels like it's odd though not improbable.

Though what "Complete" means is what intrigues me because it obviously wouldn't be truly complete as more expansions come out. Presumably.
    WoW is completely incompatible with console play. This "rumor" comes up every couple years and never follows through. I doubt it's any more true now than it has been in the past.

Saw a rumor today that Blizzard may announce "World of Warcraft: Complete Edition" for consoles at the Game Awards. I generally don't give these sorts of rumors any real attention but on a lark I thought about it and still feels like it's odd though not improbable.

Though what "Complete" means is what intrigues me because it obviously wouldn't be truly complete as more expansions come out. Presumably.
    I don't see how WoW for consoles would even work, honestly. It does for FFXIV, but that is a far slower game that places a lot less focus on the actual combat.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    How would that allow it to get into Zovaal's hands? They were in Oribos and Zovaal was still trapped in the Maw before the raid. Hell, they could have done it soon after the Arbiter broke before they were starved for Anima. And how would stopping souls from going into the Maw and empowering the Jailer and his forces by making a new Arbiter not a pressing matter that needed attention?
    Shush, don't you dare to apply logic to this god forsaken plot!
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

I am genuinely terrified that we're heading for Seasonal content only. I just hope that this is just fake.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    WoW is completely incompatible with console play. This "rumor" comes up every couple years and never follows through. I doubt it's any more true now than it has been in the past.
    It does and I always brush it off too, but I dunno, something grabbed me this time.

I still doubt it though yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I am genuinely terrified that we're heading for Seasonal content only. I just hope that this is just fake.
    That was one of my thoughts too, but I then thought about how they have enough trouble delivering content more than like, once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The Kyrians could just stop chugging people into the broken machine and therefore the maw.
    They did not even notice everyone was getting thrown into the maw until a while after we showed up. In fact the person who tried to tell them was Devos & she got shot down. That firmed up the idea that the covenant leaders really are incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The same reason as to why none of them sent some messenger or something to Oribos, to check out what's going on with the stream of souls.
    Incompetence and bad writing.
    Messenger? The Kyrians literally fly around in Oribos every waking moment and all the Eternal Ones have a holoprojector akin to a magic-red phone right next to it in which they could have just phoned in to check on what is going on. Bad writing is an understatement.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    ?
    Do you even know how PTR in league works?
    They announce the champion and put it on the PTR. You dont datamine there some insane spoilers 3 months ahead. In what world is this the same as wows ptr?
    People were data mining spoilers about the ruinous event way before it came out the idea that they just test champs is totally untrue.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

How would that allow it to get into Zovaal's hands? They were in Oribos and Zovaal was still trapped in the Maw before the raid. Hell, they could have done it soon after the Arbiter broke before they were starved for Anima. And how would stopping souls from going into the Maw and empowering the Jailer and his forces by making a new Arbiter not a pressing matter that needed attention?
    Maybe, but why risk it? And as we've seen in the raid, being trapped in the Maw was utterly irrelevant.

Also, they didn't even find out about it being broken until after the starvation set in.

The Kyrians could just stop chugging people into the broken machine and therefore the maw.
    You've seen what happens when the realms are deprived of Anima. That wouldn't work in the long term. It's not like the Kyrians were specificially throwing people into the Maw, either, they just automagically went there after being brought to the Shadowlands and not being sorted by somebody.
    So we're left with the situation that they can both not afford to not do it and have to have something in place to sift through the arriving souls. The arbiter worked just fine for eons, no surprise they'd want to use a solution that has served them perfectly well for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They did not even notice everyone was getting thrown into the maw until a while after we showed up. In fact the person who tried to tell them was Devos & she got shot down. That firmed up the idea that the covenant leaders really are incompetent.
    And very set in their ways, except for the Primus, who pretty much has thinking outside the box as his job. Which is probably why he was also the only one that got taken out before we even arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Maybe, but why risk it? And as we've seen in the raid, being trapped in the Maw was utterly irrelevant.

Also, they didn't even find out about it being broken until after the starvation set in.
    Why risk it when there's zero reason to think it would happen? "Let's make a new Arbiter. BUT WHAT IF THE JAILER POPS OUTTA NOWHERE AND TAKES THE CORE!?"
    The people in Oribos saw the Arbiter was broken immediately when it happened. So they were well aware. "Shit, the Arbiter broke! Contact the Pantheons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    Where did i say "only"? Stop imaging stuff
    So you admit people are data mining spoilers for league then and that your statement that they don’t is bunk?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't see how WoW for consoles would even work, honestly. It does for FFXIV, but that is a far slower game that places a lot less focus on the actual combat.
    Slower, but not by much (at least once you get out of the absolute trash slog that is the beginner experience).

I know a few people who use controllers to play WoW using the same setup of shoulder-modifiers. They do so extremely well. I would even argue that WoW is more console friendly because, although you may need to push the buttons quicker, there are far fewer buttons that are actually relevant to your rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I can't imagine they would. Expansions still print money. Say what you will about Blizzard, but they're not going to chop the head off of the golden goose.

Where did i say "only"? Stop imaging stuff
    Just because you didn't explicitly say it doesn't mean your post didn't clearly imply it.

Why risk it when there's zero reason to think it would happen? "Let's make a new Arbiter. BUT WHAT IF THE JAILER POPS OUTTA NOWHERE AND TAKES THE CORE!?"
    The people in Oribos saw the Arbiter was broken immediately when it happened. So they were well aware. "Shit, the Arbiter broke! Contact the Pantheons!"
    Have you listened to those guys? They won't even take a pee break if the Purpose doesn't tell them too.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Have you listened to those guys? They won't even take a pee break if the Purpose doesn't tell them too.
    Seemed perfectly capable of making their own decisions when we showed up, otherwise nothing would have gotten done when we first arrived in Oribos.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    I also never said people dont datamine in other games.

Again, either respond to what you read or go chase that boogeyman in your head that you build up. No longer responding to you and your inability to read
    So this isn’t your post then?

?
    Do you even know how PTR in league works?
    They announce the champion and put it on the PTR. You dont datamine there some insane spoilers 3 months ahead. In what world is this the same as wows ptr?
    Because unless there’s another one of you I’m responding to your exact words.

To be honest, that is the one (!) thing we have an explanation for. The Arbiter is practically their deity and reason of existence, the caretakers are just barely sentient machines that only have the purpos of defending it and cleaning up around it. They are clearly not aware that it's just a soul-roomba and that has been made clear through their interactions with us, it's also why the brokers can outwitt them easily and practically occupy most of oribos.

WoW being slower or faster has nothing to do with how it cant come to console with crossplay. Its just alot of things that most of the playerbase use and the game is build around are pc only.
    I mean, obviously. The game is only available on PC, so it goes without saying that they have a PC-centered playerbase.

I, for one, would welcome a console port. I've never play it myself, but it might force the UI and encounter teams to design encounters without the assumption that you have the step-by-step instructions being automated and screamed in your each by a few dozen addons and scripts.

To be honest, that is the one (!) thing we have an explanation for. The Arbiter is practically their deity and reason of existence, the caretakers are just barely sentient machines that only have the purpos of defending it and cleaning up around it. They are clearly not aware that it's just a soul-roomba and that has been made clear through their interactions with us, it's also why the brokers can outwitt them easily and practically occupy most of oribos.
    I think one of the Brokers even jokes about it. Just tell them it's for "the Purpose" and you can get them to do just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So you admit people are data mining spoilers for league then and that your statement that they don’t is bunk?
    League doesn't have spoilers. It doesn't have a story: At least not, in that game.