10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    he went to a protest
    He went to participate in an uninvited vigilante action and lied about his reasons for being there.

That alone nullifies any reasonable claim of self-defense, bruh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Gorsskreutz aimed his pistol at Rittenhouse's face AFTER he ran down Rittenhosue. It does not matter that he shot Rosenbaum. You pull a pistol on someone, that someone has a right to defend themselves.
    So if a burglar breaks into your house, and you pull a gun on him, and then he shoots you, he should be in the clear because he was defending himself against you?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I like how you have to hyperfocus on technicalities rather that actually address the, you know, travelling across state lines, prowling a protest as part of an unasked-for vigilante action, and then lying about his reason for being there.

Remind us why you're not arguing in complete bad faith simply because Rittenhouse is on "your side", again? Rofl.
    None of these are felonies from what I am aware. People need to drop this "crossing state lines" bullshit. Rittenhouse lived within 15 mins of Kenosha county, his father "crossed state lines" to go to work everyday.

"Crossing State Lines" is not a felony, his AR15 was stored in Kenosha and he did not cross state lines with it. It's a bullshit piece of rhetoric designed to infer Rittenhouse was journeying hundreds of miles to kill people, it's spurious bullshit and it needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The civilian AR-15 is not a select-fire rifle, unlike the M16s and later weapons that are designed for war. It's just a semi-automatic .223.

Civilian AR-15s are not "designed for war".
    Most people fighting wars are equipped with worse than an AR-15.

Sure, Jan:

That has ZERO to do with the actual verdict. That has to do with all those leftists and their defamatory statements before a man found not guilty got his due process. Nice try, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    So if a burglar breaks into your house, and you pull a gun on him, and then he shoots you, he should be in the clear because he was defending himself against you?
    Moreover: if a teacher tackles a school shooter, that shooter is within his rights to kill the teacher and claim "self-defense", according to the gun nuts here.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Funny that. I watched the whole case on PBS. Go figure lol.
    I don't even watch news on TV anymore, but that's the only channel I'd go for actual news. It's actually good and doesn't need to stretch 1-2 hours of news into 24 hours to fill airtime.

But don't worry, that's ultra-leftist propaganda as well according to American conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry, but that is EXACTLY how it works. you cant change reality.
    No, it doesn't. How many times have you had to deal with the ATF?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That has ZERO to do with the actual verdict.
    But everything to do with you lying about not celebrating. Looool.

Sure they are.

That doesn't, however, mean they get to claim "self-defense" when they do it to wilfully put themselves into a dangerous situation with the intent of instigating violence.
    Perhaps BLM should not instigate riots because thats the real reason why their was a dangerous situation in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    LOL, Actually? In some cases, it has been ruled that yes. A home intruder has the right to defend themselves.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Perhaps BLM should not instigate riots
    Perhaps you should get a new fallacy besides whataboutism.

Hint: Saying "it's a dangerous situation" just supports the notion that a reasonable person would not have done what Rittenhouse did.

He went to participate in an uninvited vigilante action and lied about his reasons for being there.

That alone nullifies any reasonable claim of self-defense, bruh.
    it does not. he did not instigate violence. he did not start violence. he actively tried to avoid defending himself.

he was attacked, chased, threatened, and beaten. you cant change law because reality doesnt suit your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    If he wasnt legally allowed to posses where is the charge on that?

Sorry but your lies dont stack

Wisconsin laws are wild but he didnt break them
    Wisconsin law also makes it clear that you don’t have to be doing anything unlawful to be considered an instigator and therefore not entitled to a claim of self defense. Whether or not he was legally allowed to go walking around open carrying isn’t the crux of the argument.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-11-19 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps BLM should not instigate riots because thats the real reason why their was a dangerous situation in the first place.
    Chicken and the Egg. Perhaps police should stop murdering people of color simply because they feel they can.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

he went to a protest, was ATTACKED, and defended himself. these are the facts. he tried to run away over and over, while his violent attackers pursued. he was forced to defend his own life and was well within his rights to do so. the only victim in this whole case it Rittenhouse.
    Why did anyone "attack" him then? If all he did was go to a protest, and nothing else, why would anyone attack him? Do you randomly go up to people for no reason and start to attack them?

Between him going to that protest and people "attacking" him, something happened. We don't know what, but we are damn sure that something happened. Because people wouldn't suddenly start something with anybody for no reason, and they'd have to have a damn good reason if the person involved is openly carrying a firearm. So stop pretending this is clear cut that Rittenhouse is blameless. We might not know exactly what he did to start this chain of events, but we know for damn certain he did something.

And we know from the evidence that the judge wouldn't allow in the trial that he'd already stated that he WANTED to shoot protestors. It doesn't take a leap of imagination to suppose that he was doing something designed to give himself the opportunity to get his wish.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    "BLM" is not an organized group that has any capacity to "instigate" anything of the sort.

And maybe police shouldn't be executing innocent people in the streets for being black. Y'know. If you really want to get down to root causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    None of these are felonies from what I am aware. People need to drop this "crossing state lines" bullshit. Rittenhouse lived within 15 mins of Kenosha county, his father "crossed state lines" to go to work everyday.

"Crossing State Lines" is not a felony, his AR15 was stored in Kenosha and he did not cross state lines with it. It's a bullshit piece of rhetoric designed to infer Rittenhouse was journeying hundreds of miles to kill people, it's spurious bullshit and it needs to stop.
    That is just another one of the leftists lies parroted by the usual suspects here.

You are correct. The only way "crossing State Lines" comes into play is if he had an iillegal firearm that he took from Illinois into Wisconsin. Not the case here as the gun was already in Wisconsin to begin with. But if you expect the leftists to stop it, you will be waiting for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    it does not.
    It does. Wilfully putting yourself into a dangerous situation and aggravating the situation by, say, brandishing a firearm makes it not self-defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Most people fighting wars are equipped with worse than an AR-15.
    Uh, no, they're not. Unless you're being narrowly specific on your use of the word "worse".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils