Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    The prosecution claims he pointed it at ziminski, but the video evidence to support it is extremely grainy, I honestly couldn’t see anything.

But it’s one of those “facts” that everyone interprets the way they want.
    True, but since the video does not clearly show he pointed the gun, you can't claim he did.

Will he sell his gun on ebay next, as a "piece of american history", or beating his girlfriend?
    Or is he now the permanent speaker on republican conventions?

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    He pointed it at Ziminski, first.
    No evidence of that. The prosecution claimed that and their "video evidenve" does not in any way clearly show that at all. So they had nothing to back up their claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Will he sell his gun on ebay next, as a "piece of american history", or beating his girlfriend?
    My guess is both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Do you have a quote for that? I don't remember him admitting to pointing his gun at anyone, and such a statement would have been heavily focused on by the prosecution.
    He didn't. Another lie.

You can't convict a person based on how you feel the law should be.

..."feelings" sounds like a familiar criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You guys on the left lost. Accept it and move on.
    Framing this as a partisan thing is, like, just a perfect admission of deliberate bad faith. That you care about political "sides" more than justice.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    True, but since the video does not clearly show he pointed the gun, you can't claim he did.
    Agreed. But other people will say it is clear and when they describe the “facts” of the case that one will have a prominent place on their list.

The verdict was right. I didn't see the video until last week and I analyzed it and saw it was indeed self defense.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Framing this as a partisan thing is, like, just a perfect admission of deliberate bad faith. That you care about political "sides" more than justice.
    Which, again, was always the point.

It's not about self-defense, it's about entitling people to respond violently to protests - as we saw with their carry-on about Charlottesville.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Agreed. But other people will say it is clear and when they describe the “facts” of the case that one will have a prominent place on their list.
    Right. Gotcha. We are seeing this in this very thread.

It IS a partisan thing. Your view on this depends on your view of guns, your biases about the parties involved, what you think is “reasonable”. Don’t deny reality. Your opinion is heavily influenced by your liberal views. Mine is heavily influenced by my hodgepodge of liberal and conservative ones.

Framing this as a partisan thing is, like, just a perfect admission of deliberate bad faith.
    And all those complaints seems to come from one side if the fence. Maybe you should remember you can't convict based upon how you feel the law should be.
    Prosecution probably might have nailed him on a weapons offense but they didn't care enough about it. Which boggles the mind since "throwing the book" typically means nailing him on something..

And all those complaints seems to come from one side if the fence. Maybe you should remember you can't convict based upon how you feel the law should be.
    Prosecution probably might have nailed him on a weapons offense but they didn't care enough about it. Which boggles the mind since "throwing the book" typically means nailing him on something..
    They couldn't nail him on a weapons offense. That was thrown out because it was ruled that he legally possessed the weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    And all those complaints seems to come from one side if the fence.
    Gee, I wonder if that could be because the law is constructed in such a way as to protect the status quo which might favor the views of people invested in maintaining that status quo.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................. Quel mystere......

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That doesn't matter even if he was, and from what we know of the case (which I posted in this thread) he wasn't...
    Are you saying he wasn't a Pedophile? Because I know you posted earlier in the thread saying, "I'm pretty sure I found his information at the time and posted it also... I think the incident was between a 15 and 18 year old maybe or something like that. Which wouldn't make the guy what Leer claims." which is absolutely not true. He fucking raped five kids aged 9 to 11.
    https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/20...osha-shooting/
    https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/20...-sex-offender/
    Joseph Rosenbaum was charged by a grand jury with 11 counts of child molestation and inappropriate sexual activity around children, including anal rape. The victims were five boys ranging in age from nine to 11 years old.

Leftists framed this as a partisan thing from the start

Ppl care about justice which is why I didnt call him murderer or anything like that until after we got a veredict

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Are you saying he wasn't a Pedophile?
    We're saying it's irrelevant because Rittenhouse is not a telepath and thus it should not factor into what constitutes a reasonable belief in a threat to one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Are you saying he wasn't a Pedophile?
    It doesn't matter unless you are arguing that Rittenhouse has telepathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Leftists framed this as a partisan thing from the start
    Primarily because a vigilante action against a protest against police brutality is itself a partisan action. Zzzz.