Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    Telling someone to stop taking anti-depressents over the internet with absolutely no information on that individual is insane.
    guess how many people survived millions of years without anti-depressants?, after 20 years on them I know that they are a cage and nothing more than a different kind of pain killer. I got off them by learning about having a family and that helps the mind know that you are going in the right direction. Your mind tortures you because it knows you are either going nowhere or going in the wrong direction. I thought about suicide for years before Anti-depressants and thought they were wonderful for a while as I became a social butterfly but the weight gain, loss of motivation and directionless existence eventually made me realize that I was still just sliding into the darkness with more apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    guess how many people survived millions of years without anti-depressants?, after 20 years on them I know that they are a cage and nothing more than a different kind of pain killer. I got off them by learning about having a family and that helps the mind know that you are going in the right direction. Your mind tortures you because it knows you are either going nowhere or going in the wrong direction. I thought about suicide for years before Anti-depressants and thought they were wonderful for a while as I became a social butterfly but the weight gain, loss of motivation and directionless existence eventually made me realize that I was still just sliding into the darkness with more apathy.
    Man, that is so fuckin' dope!
    But thinking you are above licensed physicians, and not only that, being able to diagnose if someone should or shouldn't be on anti-depressants, from a brief and meningless interaction online, is absolutely insane.

People overcomplicate things, want to lose weight? simple, you don't need intermediate fasting, you don't need keto, vegan or other bullshit, just be in a healthy calorie deficit aka 300-500 less kcal, eat high-density foods that cover all the nutrients and micronutrients your body need, stop drinking soda( even zero, that is a huge craving trigger) and increase your activity (weight training barely burn calories) like steady state cardio, don't overcomplicate things with all the fads and other bullshit stars or influencers do and more important DON'T HAVE CHEAT MEALS, yes The rock has it, you are not the rock, focus on a plan and push it, no excuse, a year have 365 days, you will fuck it up with binging few times, don't panic and keep grinding

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    People overcomplicate things, want to lose weight? simple, you don't need intermediate fasting, you don't need keto, vegan or other bullshit, just be in a healthy calorie deficit aka 300-500 less kcal, eat high-density foods that cover all the nutrients and micronutrients your body need, stop drinking soda( even zero, that is a huge craving trigger) and increase your activity (weight training barely burn calories) like steady state cardio, don't overcomplicate things with all the fads and other bullshit stars or influencers do and more important DON'T HAVE CHEAT MEALS, yes The rock has it, you are not the rock, focus on a plan and push it, no excuse, a year have 365 days, you will fuck it up with binging few times, don't panic and keep grinding
    This it it, in a nutshell.

Just keep it simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    snip
    Cool story. That said, don't fucking tell someone you know nothing about to drop anti-depressants. Thanks.

Had a really fat friend that just altered the moments she ate and made them more regular.
    She didn't eat any less but she did start to lose weight.

I've no experience with fatness myself, my gut's fucked and my brain is permanently overactive so my intake is naturally constrained while my baseline fuel consumption is heightened.
    Honestly i'd much prefer to be fat above the more directly debilitating health issues.

But yeah: health issues, also a great way to lose weight.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Honestly i'd much prefer to be fat above the more directly debilitating health issues.
    So eat more?

So eat more?
    If there are health issues eating can be problematic when you're stuck to eating only certain foods. Protein for example can really get the belly going...but if you've a digestion issue you might not be able to eat meat and dairy which are sources of protein. But you can eat as much of celery and bean sprouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If there are health issues eating can be problematic when you're stuck to eating only certain foods. Protein for example can really get the belly going...but if you've a digestion issue you might not be able to eat meat and dairy which are sources of protein. But you can eat as much of celery and bean sprouts.
    Either visit a doctor to get help medically. Or eat more, whatever you can eat, eat it and increase volume as well as add in calorie dense foods that is easily digested.

So eat more?
    That doesn't solve the health issues, also it does not work as most just leaves again undigested.

I have literally eaten chocolate per kilogram, beef, carbs, whatever as well.

Eating more simply does not work in such a situation, as amazing as it might seem to a fatty.

That doesn't solve the health issues, also it does not work as most just leaves again undigested.

I have literally eaten chocolate per kilogram, beef, carbs, whatever as well.

Eating more simply does not work in such a situation, as amazing as it might seem to a fatty.
    What is that health issue then?

If your goal is to gain weight, then eat more to gain weight. If your problem is something very complex, then talk to doctors because that is very odd and will require special and individual care.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    This is just eating less with arbitrary rules.
    Man you are an absolute bellend People asking for help, people giving advice, and here you are, cosplaying a greaser with the leather jacket, collar popped and flicking a coin on your thumb saying "OuTpUt > InPuT"

Shut your novice ass up and try be a little more specific

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2021-11-20 at 01:36 AM.

What is that health issue then?

If your goal is to gain weight, then eat more to gain weight. If your problem is something very complex, then talk to doctors because that is very odd and will require special and individual care.
    I am in the talks with doctors, it is as of yet not entirely clear.

Alas modern medicine is very limited in what it can fix or even identify, so presently my spleen randomly swells and crushes my upper guts and stomache, additionally it causes my gall bladder and liver to malfunction which stops any sort of fat from being digested which clogs up the gut as a tar-like substance.

So yeah, the living testament that eating more simply will not work for some, perhaps even many; people are simply not so uniform when you get down to such details.

So yeah, the living testament that eating more simply will not work for some, perhaps even many; people are simply not so uniform when you get down to such details.
    That isn't true whatsoever. It really is that simple.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to lose weight is avoid diets. You want to eat a protein packed meal in the morning and a decent sized lunch. Dinner should be your smallest meal. You also want to eat small snacks through out the day and drink lots of water. I drink an 8oz glass of water before and after every time i eat something. Your snacks in between meals should again be protein based. I eat at my office a lot and usually buy all the office food from Costco so my breakfast is (2) egg bites and a cup of grapefruit. First snack is typically a handful of mixed nuts and a piece of beef jerky. Lunch is one of the SW chicken salad kits with only half the dressing. Second snack is guacamole cup with some multi grain chips. Dinner is lean protein typically with veggies of some kind. I also try to eat (3) salads as dinner per week. On top of that I hit my exercise bike for 30 minutes per day and do low weight high reps on weights doing upper body, lower body then core then upper and lower body again. Work out takes about 45 minutes to complete and I am usually very fatigued by the end again due to high reps. I go to bed by 9PM and I wake up at 5AM. Good sleep is key for healthy body so it can repair and recover. Cut out as much processed food as you can, switch simple carbs light white rice and bread up for complex carbs like wild/brown rice and mutli grain bread. Really try and stay away from bread. Try to eat dinner as early as possible and if your hungry after your work out eat a banana with some organic PB or something like that. If you love ice cream switch to sorbe or frozen yogurt and try to limit that to smaller helpings. Take your plate also and sub out your standard large dinner plate for a smaller plate and once you eat drinking a large 16oz glass of water and do not go back for seconds for at least 20 minutes. Also last comment, sit down at a dinner table with electronics off when you eat, this will help avoid over eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Best way to lose weight is avoid diets. You want to eat a protein packed meal in the morning and a decent sized lunch. Dinner should be your smallest meal. You also want to eat small snacks through out the day and drink lots of water. I drink an 8oz glass of water before and after every time i eat something. Your snacks in between meals should again be protein based. I eat at my office a lot and usually buy all the office food from Costco so my breakfast is (2) egg bites and a cup of grapefruit. First snack is typically a handful of mixed nuts and a piece of beef jerky. Lunch is one of the SW chicken salad kits with only half the dressing. Second snack is guacamole cup with some multi grain chips. Dinner is lean protein typically with veggies of some kind. I also try to eat (3) salads as dinner per week. On top of that I hit my exercise bike for 30 minutes per day and do low weight high reps on weights doing upper body, lower body then core then upper and lower body again. Work out takes about 45 minutes to complete and I am usually very fatigued by the end again due to high reps. I go to bed by 9PM and I wake up at 5AM. Good sleep is key for healthy body so it can repair and recover. Cut out as much processed food as you can, switch simple carbs light white rice and bread up for complex carbs like wild/brown rice and mutli grain bread. Really try and stay away from bread. Try to eat dinner as early as possible and if your hungry after your work out eat a banana with some organic PB or something like that. If you love ice cream switch to sorbe or frozen yogurt and try to limit that to smaller helpings. Take your plate also and sub out your standard large dinner plate for a smaller plate and once you eat drinking a large 16oz glass of water and do not go back for seconds for at least 20 minutes. Also last comment, sit down at a dinner table with electronics off when you eat, this will help avoid over eating.

CICO: calories in calories out. As long as you are in a caloric deficit, and there are no underlying metabolic issues, you will lose weight. Keep in mind there's an equilibrium that your body will reach and losing weight will stall out unless you go drastically into a deficit. A healthy amount of loss for someone who is not obese is about 1 - 1.5 lbs per week, which would be ~500kcal/day deficit. Eat enough protein (1.5 - 2g per kg of lean body mass) to ensure your body doesn't burn away your muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    I'm 22 so I'm still young, and I've probably been heavier than most people ever get (I'm quite tall as well which doesn't help) - right now I'm at my ideal weight - the only thing I regret is not doing something sooner

My advice to anyone on the fence is stop making excuses, no matter how scary it is - and just start and don't let anything get in your way, it gets easier the further in you get - if you can do it for a week, you can do it for a month - if you can do it for a month - you can do it for a year and most people can achieve what they need to in that time
    I waited till my mid 20s before I realised this, changed some habits, stopped making excuses, stopped with the i'll start tomorrow or the usual crap and just went full in, just over 100 pounds later and I'm within touching distance of a normal weight for the first time since I was in school, people need to just go all in, stop messing around, stop half assing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    I think an important thing to also remember is its okay to stumble - we all have days where we just don't want to work out or let ourselves order that pizza - that's going to happen to everyone - the important thing is not to let a bad day turn into a bad week, because then it's just going to keep slipping
    Agreed, I actually afford myself 1 day off a month right now from my plan and it seems to work, haven't yet fell off this particular wagon but I have done on previous weight loss journeys and always found it hard to get back on.

The best way to lose weight is through physical activity. Even if it is not possible to visit the gym regularly, you should use every opportunity to move more. For example, on the way to work, go through the last stop on foot, restrict the use of the elevator, and walk more often in parks. Are you not attracted to workouts in the gym? You can choose a more pleasant option: dancing, swimming, yoga, capoeira. The main thing is that this type of physical activity brings pleasure to you.

Quote Originally Posted by WButler89 View Post
    The best way to lose weight is through physical activity. Even if it is not possible to visit the gym regularly, you should use every opportunity to move more. For example, on the way to work, go through the last stop on foot, restrict the use of the elevator, and walk more often in parks. Are you not attracted to workouts in the gym? You can choose a more pleasant option: dancing, swimming, yoga, capoeira. The main thing is that this type of physical activity brings pleasure to you.
    i disagree, best way is to not eat