Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    When the story picks up he already has searched for his son and found diddly squat, which has thrown him into a deep pit of depression. Different people/characters react to personal loss differently. (That said the Hrode would probably have been better off if Baine did get eaten)
    Tagar claimed they searched everywhere, and Rexxar, who is unfamiliar with Mulgore, found Baine within fifteen minutes. I'm a little dubious about the tauren's search efforts.

But why do you feel the Horde would have been better off if Baine did get eaten? The tauren wouldn't have joined the Horde forces, denying the orcs their support vs Proudmoore. While it doesn't necessarily mean that Proudmoore's forces would've exterminated them, it would have been a lot more devastating for the orcs and trolls. Meanwhile, the tauren tribes would've suffered under a lack of leadership or been united by Magatha, who has no loyalty to the Horde (as evidenced by the fact her people have allied with the Alliance against the Horde in the past, and she had never formally joined the Horde herself). And that's just based off Cairne's behavior in that instance.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I foresee Baine will have a great future, traveling around and sitting in all the new expansions! It'll be so comforting, going to a new place and seeing Baine on his butt on the floor. We will never be alone, because we will have Baine.

/s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Not anyone would feel depressed to the point where they'd rather die and lose everything than attempt to get their children back.
    a lot of people do that actually

and you are forgetting the main point here, how can you attempt t o rescue someone who is dead?, cause that is what centaurs do

The centaurs just did something unusual.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, Baine and Tyrande/Malfurion may represent the worst aspects of their race...

Genn, who is one of the worst human kings and ridiculously impulsive, is better than all of them in terms of leadership. Those three being replaced or retired from the present narrative is what I want in 10.0.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    When the story picks up he already has searched for his son and found diddly squat, which has thrown him into a deep pit of depression. Different people/characters react to personal loss differently. (That said the Hrode would probably have been better off if Baine did get eaten)
    Bullshit. The Horde would have ended there due to Cairne's inaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    a lot of people do that actually

and you are forgetting the main point here, how can you attempt t o rescue someone who is dead?, cause that is what centaurs do

The centaurs just did something unusual.
    And that's fine, for Cairne, but don't pretend he's a tauren of action when, during a time when the Horde needed him most, he opted to do nothing and let everything just unravel around him. He deserves credit for the things he's accomplished, and he also deserves culpability for times he failed to act. Had Cairne not died in Cataclysm, I have no reason to believe that he would have done anything more for the Horde than Baine has, particularly given Cairne's most notable action in WoW's period was the same action that got him killed: challenging Garrosh to Mak'gora. He even called Baine out for being too destructive in BfA, preferring harmony over killing one's enemies.

7+ Year Old Account
    And that's fine, for Cairne, but don't pretend he's a tauren of action when, during a time when the Horde needed him most, he opted to do nothing and let everything just unravel around him. He deserves credit for the things he's accomplished, and he also deserves culpability for times he failed to act. Had Cairne not died in Cataclysm, I have no reason to believe that he would have done anything more for the Horde than Baine has, particularly given Cairne's most notable action in WoW's period was the same action that got him killed: challenging Garrosh to Mak'gora. He even called Baine out for being too destructive in BfA, preferring harmony over killing one's enemies.
    Back in the days the tauren didn't even joined the horde, they were just friends, Rexxar saving Baine who make the taurens join it.

Caerne is a man of action, he help the horde when it needed, he was just sink in depression by losing a son. He would never elt the alliance invade his land and kill his people, something that Baine do.

Back in the days the tauren didn't even joined the horde, they were just friends, Rexxar saving Baine who make the taurens join it.

Caerne is a man of action, he help the horde when it needed, he was just sink in depression by losing a son. He would never elt the alliance invade his land and kill his people, something that Baine do.
    I've just pointed to two instances where he wasn't a person of action. I can point to others, if need be, such as the dwarven invasion of Mulgore, which Baine sought to stop. Cairne, as a member of the Horde, helped attacked Theramore and challenged Garrosh; outside of those two things, what actions has he done for the Horde?

7+ Year Old Account
    I've just pointed to two instances where he wasn't a person of action. I can point to others, if need be, such as the dwarven invasion of Mulgore, which Baine sought to stop. Cairne, as a member of the Horde, helped attacked Theramore and challenged Garrosh; outside of those two things, what actions has he done for the Horde?
    what was any leader action in wow lifetime?

remember lorthe'who? they just are not rly protagonists and people to actively do things.

what was any leader action in wow lifetime?

remember lorthe'who? they just are not rly protagonists and people to actively do things.
    Lor'themar Theron led the Horde's advances on the Isle of Thunder. He opposed Garrosh and Sylvanas. He oversaw the Horde's expedition to Nazjatar. He attempted to negotiate the Blood Elves' rejoining of the Alliance with Varian. He recruited the Nightborne to the Horde and banished Alleria from Silvermoon. And with Baine and Thrall gone, he's taken on a prominent leading role within the Horde Council.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar Theron led the Horde's advances on the Isle of Thunder. He opposed Garrosh and Sylvanas. He oversaw the Horde's expedition to Nazjatar. He attempted to negotiate the Blood Elves' rejoining of the Alliance with Varian. He recruited the Nightborne to the Horde and banished Alleria from Silvermoon. And with Baine and Thrall gone, he's taken on a prominent leading role within the Horde Council.
    yeah, he did something in mists of pandaria, and he did jack shit since his introducion on TBC, just like any leader prior cataclysm didn't had much to do

Baine should definitely be replaced. I propose Mike J, the Kosher Mad Cow Zombie.