Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I wouldn't think of this but when looking at these 2 together they look kinda similar (also because the armor's hood is wise). Such things can happen and in this situation it's obvious that the armor was a subject to change. The fact that all tier armors looks like Antorus questing gear is another thing.
    I guess the logical thing to do is to think that they did that on purpose. They wanted to create a tier like the KKK habit.

Lol @ OP responding to a criticism of him/her thinking his/her moral compass being the objectively correct one with ... literally defining his/her moral compass as "common sense".

As for the topic, without caring enough to be offended by it (I am after all a white European so far distanced from slave ancestors in the US as is possible) I definitely see how the back of the set can look like it's inspired by the klan hood.

I ALSO agree with it looking like a priest set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better to change it now and placate the whiners.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    I guess the logical thing to do is to think that they did that on purpose. They wanted to create a tier like the KKK habit.
    Yes. Wait, unless you just made a strawman argument, in that case no.

(You did make one of those btw, no crows around for miles now)

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If you think it's a fallacy to point that you aren't the center of the known universe then, well, I guess there isn't much to discuss here. Keep yelling at clouds, I guess.
    It's a fallacy because you're not saying anything at all. I said that it's common sense to not get offended by a warlock tier in a videogame, let alone complain about it because it reminds you to the KKK, which is OBVIOUSLY not the case and for sure not intended.

Your answer to that has been: "YOU'RE NOT THE CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE, MATE!"

So yep, your argument was a huge fallacy.

Literally did not even notice anything. These degenerate wokists have mental disorders and find problems with everything.

The only problem with this set is that it's dogshit ugly. Who the fuck designed any of these sets? Bland pieces of shit that prove that the current Blizzard devs don't know why people love tier sets so much
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2021-11-20 at 12:52 AM.

It's a fallacy because you're not saying anything at all. I said that it's common sense to not get offended by a warlock tier in a videogame, let alone complain about it because it reminds you to the KKK, which is OBVIOUSLY not the case and for sure not intended.

Your answer to that has been: "YOU'RE NOT THE CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE, MATE!"

So yep, your argument was a huge fallacy.
    ...how many times do people need to point out to you that it isn't your place in society to choose what people do and do not get offended by?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Lol @ OP responding to a criticism of him/her thinking his/her moral compass being the objectively correct one with ... literally defining his/her moral compass as "common sense".

As for the topic, without caring enough to be offended by it (I am after all a white European so far distanced from slave ancestors in the US as is possible) I definitely see how the back of the set can look like it's inspired by the klan hood.

I ALSO agree with it looking like a priest set.
    Educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote

And yes, it's common sense not to get offended by a warlock tier saying it's a KKK habit and whining to make them change it. Get over it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ugly priest set. This is NOT a warlock tier set.

It's kinda like Swastika, i rock one on my car because it's the symbol of peace. If it triggers angry baizuo i'll just give them the middle finger.

Don't get me wrong, the set looks garbage, but if WOW design is forced to be limited because we can't have a white pointy hood anymore, then that is just sad.
    Last edited by Arcreid; 2021-11-20 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    ...how many times do people need to point out to you that it isn't your place in society to choose what people do and do not get offended by?
    Another fallacy. "People tell you this, therefore, people are right." You're such a fallacy maker.

Yes, I can point out that it makes no sense if someone gets offended by a warlock tier. It's like someone trying to cut down a tree just because its shape reminds him to a Nazi raising his right hand. Yes, I can say that his or her reason to be offended is silly.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-20 at 12:47 AM.

Nope, I'm pretty sure that it's just a coincidence. Yet I also believe that in this very case change is justified. Besides, no matter what you think, it'll look differently. Just get over it.

The only bad thing about that set is that it looks pretty bad for a warlock.

The people seeing a KKK robe in it are people who want to see such a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Nope, I'm pretty sure that it's just a coincidence. Yet I also believe that in this very case change is justified. Besides, no matter what you think, it'll look differently. Just get over it.
    I got over it. I just didn't wanna miss the chance to point out how stupid that complaining was.

Maybe its possible to draw an association between the hunter set and whatever bigoted organization?

That one set deffo needs changes :P

Ideas?

3+ Year Old Account
    Kinda feel Blizz could've just dodged the media bullet by just stating that because of complaints of lack of fantasy-inspiring design the design of the Warlock tier set in the new raid is up for some changes; no need to actually state that it was because of other things.

Another fallacy. "People tell you this, therefore, people are right." You're such a fallacy maker.

Yes, I can point out that it makes no sense if someone gets offended by a warlock tier. It's like someone trying to cut down a tree just because its shape reminds him to a Nazi raising his right hand. Yes, I can say that his or her reason to be offended is silly.
    When did I say you couldn't? I'm pretty sure I've agreed with you repeatedly that this is a really stupid thing to get offended by. But the fact that it's getting changed has absolutely fucking nothing to do with whether you or I find it offensive and everything to do with the potential bad publicity not changing would give the company. They aren't kowtowing to the liberals, they're making the only choice that makes sense.

I'm sorry that you feel so strongly about things never getting changed ever that you're choosing this completely meaningless controversy -- of all things -- as the hill to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Maybe its possible to draw an association between the hunter set and whatever bigoted organization?

That one set deffo needs changes :P

Ideas?
    I don't like the fact that it uses a dead animal as a helmet. I'm a vegan and I'm so offended. They should change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    ya there is no way wow could get away with Axis powers esc things and not get tore a rightfully deserved new asshole. the fact that FFXIV does is kinda mind blowing even more so because there japanese.

It would be like adding in African slaves esc Perales or something in a American game.
    There are plenty of slaves in WoW tho, used by the scourge, used by the old gods, used by ogres, etc..

America is mostly finnicky about black slaves for some reason, as that stuff is locally relevant. Mostly as a means for distracting from their far more recent Jim Crow stuff though, a lot of the stuff they whine about nowadays has little to nothing to do with slavery as done during the triangle trade.

I suppose it would be sensitive to have to admit that most slaves received better care from their masters than the lowliest "free" Americans do from anyone nowadays.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-11-20 at 01:00 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Huh. Well, I mean it's not like I wouldn't expect a kkk to be playing with demons cause I'm sure they would/do. Especially a succubus.

But like everyone else has mentioned, I don't see the design of it so much as being like kkk hoodie but just generally not suited for the warlock theme. Skulls and bones, even if gold plated, would suit better.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'