Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    It doesn't make me "suffer". I can just see the resemblance and why that might upset, frustrate, offend or annoy other people.

Very true - And people are free to be offended by whatever they want. However, people voiced their concerns to Blizzard on this and Blizzard agreed. People have whined the Blizzard for years about the looks and feels of certain armour, weapons and more and they've not always taken

Honestly, I don't really know how to respond to this other than "Irony?".
    My point is Blizzard (or whatever company) should not listen to these people. That's my point. I'd understand the complain if there were a boss with a KKK style habit, with burning crosses around and saying stuff like "our race shall prevail!". Yeah, I'd agree if someone complains about that because it reminds them to the KKK. But complaining about a bloody warlock tier helm is a stretch and nobody should listen to those idiots.

I really find quite sad that so many people defend such a silliness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It's a fantasy MMO
    Your getting there, man! I think you're starting to understand why it's such a stupid complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    My point is Blizzard (or whatever company) should not listen to these people. That's my point. I'd understand the complain if there were a boss with a KKK style habit, with burning crosses around and saying stuff like "our race shall prevail!". Yeah, I'd agree if someone complains about that because it reminds them to the KKK. But complaining about a bloody warlock tier helm is a stretch and nobody should listen to those idiots.

So you agree that the KKK are wrong (shocker), just not quite so that you think we need to remove all references, just some.

Also, this isn't some villain who uses it. This is the set given to the players, implicitly glorifying it and saying it's what warlocks should look like, which is insulting to everyone involved.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

This is in line with "the swastika is a hinduist symbol".

Of course it resembles a KKK robe, and of course it's good they changed this.

Edit: I wasn't even aware of this before this thread. There's far more people getting their jimmies rustled about them changing this then there ever was before. That is pretty telling.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2021-11-20 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Either you are being intentionally obtuse, or you are really not seeing the seriousness of being able to cosplay as a KKK member.

The worst part is that I really do not know which is worse.
    You're believing your own lie, which is quite sad.

You believe Blizzard added KKK robes to the game. Like, "yeah, let's create a KKK warlock!"

Society is more fucked up than I thought.

You're believing your own lie, which is quite sad.

You believe Blizzard added KKK robes to the game. Like, "yeah, let's create a KKK warlock!"

Society is more fucked up than I thought.
    No, I believe they added it without realizing, and now having seen it are desperate to remove it promptly. Because believe it or not, normal people generally do not want to appear racist in any way.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So you agree that the KKK are wrong (shocker), just not quite so that you think we need to remove all references, just some.

Also, this isn't some villain who uses it. This is the set given to the players, implicitly glorifying it and saying it's what warlocks should look like, which is insulting to everyone involved.
    Still elaborating your own lie? Yeah, they wanted to glorify the KKK. You got them, pal.

It's so silly that it feels I'm dealing with a kid instead of an adult.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I believe they added it without realizing, and now having seen it are desperate to remove it promptly. Because believe it or not, normal people generally do not want to appear racist in any way.
    Normal people don't see racism in a bloody warlock tier. That's what normal people do. But you can keep going with your lie.

Still elaborating your own lie? Yeah, they wanted to glorify the KKK. You got them, pal.
    When did someone say that Blizzard was intentionally putting in KKK content?

It's so silly that it feels I'm dealing with a kid instead of an adult.
    The irony is too strong ... it BURNS

God damn why are you so worked up about a change that clearly resembles a clan robe?
    It is not even in the game yet and a few days ago everyone bitched how bad they looked...

Oh. The fact that you'd only draw the line once Blizzard just straight up puts the KKK in WoW, and even then, just phrasing it as 'being reminded of them' says all that it needs to, really. I wager you're just too dense to really understand the issue, but it shouldn't have to get as far as Blizzard putting the KKK in WoW for people to be like "Hm, that doesn't look quite right." Yeah, there are some things that are blown up as being problematic when the context of it really isn't, and I'm certain that Blizzard was not actually trying to evoke the KKK in their set. But the fact of the matter is that it checks more than enough boxes. Being sensitive to this kind of thing isn't a bad thing in and of itself. There's a such thing as being overly sensitive, for sure, but on the other side of things, there's also such a thing as being overly numb to these sorts of things. You lean pretty far over into that other end of the spectrum. It's definitely not overly sensitive for Blizzard to take a second look at this and make some adjustments.

When did someone say that Blizzard was intentionally putting in KKK content?

The irony is too strong ... it BURNS
    If it wasn't intended and it was just a concept art design, why should you care? Seriously, grow up.

It's kinda funny, since the KKK has a title (grand wizard) which has the same translation as "warlock" into my language.

Also, yes. Honestly it looks like a KKK outfit from behind. And the title is all that connects the tier set to a warlock, I don't know why we are mad about it now.
    The set looks unfitting, so isn't it a good thing it gets changed?

If it wasn't intended and it was just a concept art design, why should you care? Seriously, grow up.
    So - Let me get this straight. Your argument now is that it's just concept art, which it isn't, it's already a game asset hence we're able to get the 3D Model of it, and that if it's not intentional, why should we care?

So anything that's unintentionally racist, homophobic, abusive, rude or otherwise inappropriate should just be ignored?

Take your own advice pal; grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Oh. The fact that you'd only draw the line once Blizzard just straight up puts the KKK in WoW, and even then, just phrasing it as 'being reminded of them' says all that it needs to, really. I wager you're just too dense to really understand the issue, but it shouldn't have to get as far as Blizzard putting the KKK in WoW for people to be like "Hm, that doesn't look quite right." Yeah, there are some things that are blown up as being problematic when the context of it really isn't, and I'm certain that Blizzard was not actually trying to evoke the KKK in their set. But the fact of the matter is that it checks more than enough boxes. Being sensitive to this kind of thing isn't a bad thing in and of itself. There's a such thing as being overly sensitive, for sure, but on the other side of things, there's also such a thing as being overly numb to these sorts of things. You lean pretty far over into that other end of the spectrum. It's definitely not overly sensitive for Blizzard to take a second look at this and make some adjustments.
    Whining because a warlock tier set reminds you to the KKK is being overly sensitive. You're thoroughly right. Thanks for pointing that out.

- - - Updated - - -

So - Let me get this straight. Your argument now is that it's just concept art, which it isn't, it's already a game asset hence we're able to get the 3D Model of it, and that if it's not intentional, why should we care?

So anything that's unintentionally racist, homophobic, abusive, rude or otherwise inappropriate should just be ignored?

Take your own advice pal; grow up.
    It's concept art brought into the "3D game", yes. The fact that I need to explain you that is sad, so sad.

That warlock tier hat is everything but racist. Only a twisted mind could find it racist. That's the point. They shouldn't change it just because some thin-skinned thought it was racist. It's a stretch. Period.

Whining because a warlock tier set reminds you to the KKK is being overly sensitive. You're thoroughly right. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Is that the best you've got?

As I said, you're too dense to understand the issue or actually empathize with people who do understand the issue. Take your victory, I'm not going to argue with you. You've more than proven that nothing is going to un-numb you, so there's no point.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Is that the best you've got?

As I said, you're too dense to understand the issue or actually empathize with people who do understand the issue. Take your victory, I'm not going to argue with you. You've more than proven that nothing is going to un-numb you, so there's no point.
    I'm being sensible. Yes, being offended by a warlock tier set is a stretch. I can't empathise with someone so fragile. It's the same as being offended by a plane mount that looks like a Nazi aircraft.

I'm being sensible. Yes, being offended by a warlock tier set is a stretch. I can't empathise with someone so fragile. It's the same as being offended by a plane mount that looks like a Nazi aircraft.
    You call others fragile but blow up over someone changing a hood in a video game? Oh, sweet irony.

15+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't keep wasting my time arguing with these people. If they have time to get upset over trivial shit like this, they have time to keep posting on this forum all day every day.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

It's concept art brought into the "3D game", yes. The fact that I need to explain you that is sad, so sad.
    You've not "explained" anything, what you're doing it trying to make it look like you're belittling people with obvious points we're missing, but you're not. You claimed it was just "concept art" and I explained it wasn't. There is an extremely big difference between concept art and an in-game asset. The fact I need to explain you that is sad, so sad.

That warlock tier hat is everything but racist. Only a twisted mind could find it racist. That's the point. They shouldn't change it just because some thin-skinned thought it was racist. It's a stretch. Period.
    No-one is saying the hat is racist, but that it's designed in a way that is extremely similar to that of a very notorious racist hate group. That's the point. You're saying all of this as if no-one has complained and Blizzard has only listened to like, 2 or 3 people on this. You don't know - and nor do I to be clear - how many people complained, their backgrounds, their history with the KKK and other such hate groups.

The reality is this is being changed. Whether you agree with it or not; tough. It's done now, and for the better.

Apparently, some people have been complaining about the new warlock tier because they think it's similar to the KKK habit.

Then, this happened:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...r-build-324996

"We hear you and agree. This was an oversight where we hadn't yet fully reviewed this set from every angle before putting it into the initial test build. We've already begun work to adjust the set, and you'll see changes to it in a forthcoming build of the Eternity's End PTR."

What is wrong with society? Honestly. What is wrong with Blizzard? If you're one of those who complained about this new tier, let me tell you that you've got a serious problem in your head. How sad your life must be to get offended by a warlock tier? Why are we listening to these brain-deads?

By the way, educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote
    Honestly, this could be good, because the set looks so stupid.

However that reasoning HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    How people can even think this looks like a KKK robe (and even if it did, is it now illegal to make ghost costumes too?) I dunno, it's just dumb.

Inb4 the rogue set gets changed, because the face is covered, hence it's a burqa.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-11-20 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You call others fragile but blow up over someone changing a hood in a video game? Oh, sweet irony.
    Yes, I complain about how fucked up society is to get offended by a warlock hood. It's got nothing to do with fragility.