Page 1 of 3
LastLast

9.2 Spoilers: Azeroth is...

So the Jailer boss fight takes place in a 6 sided room called "Heart of Eternity". 6 sided looks very reminiscent of the cosmology chart's 6 forces....

The PTR sandbox flythru doesnt have all particle effects etc, but a few more datamined assets match with the official key-art released. So the Azeroth-globe model will sit right in the middle (with the soul/azerite essence etc being sucked out of it by the Jailer)

Although I don't know the context for this datamined image, it looks like it could be slotted into the Jailers hexagonal room too. If the room is meant to reflect the 6 cosmology forces in any way, then Azeroth is sitting right in the middle/intersection of these beams.

Furthermore, datamined info from the Dungeon Journal showing that the Jailer appears to be casting spells at Azeroth herself during the encounter: https://www.wowhead.com/news/full-du...g_information/

---

Furthermore: The colour scheme of the 6 pillars in the Heart of Eternity is the same colour scheme for Azerite / Heart of Azeroth. This is the only part of the raid (from the vid) that has this distinct blue+gold theme so pronounced.

Notice that the Heart of Azeroth/Azerite (from BFA) uses the same colour scheme as the Heart of Eternity:

---

So.... Azeroth's globe model sits at the very centre of a curiously shaped 6-sided room (reminiscent of the Cosmology Chart) and shares a distinctive blue+gold colour scheme with the room itself.

So all of this leads to the questions...

Why is the room itself called "Heart of Eternity"?
    Does Azeroth being in the CENTRE of this room, looking awfully similar to the 6-sided cosmology chart, have any special significance? (There was talk of a 7th force a while back, might this force be right in the centre of the other 6?)
    Does the similarity in colour scheme from the 6 pillars + Azerother (via Azerite, Heart of Azeroth etc) have any significance?
    If Azeroth was 'just a titan' - why does it appear to be in such an immeasurably important room/place/location etc?

Logical conclusion thus far IMO is this: There's something much more special about Azeroth we don't yet fully understand. She cant be... 'just a Titan' anymore. Maybe Blizzard thought she was in the past, but I believe that thought-process has since been retconned... into whatever she currently is.

On a tangent now, but "Azeroth" is a very similar word to "Azathoth" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azathoth). Azathoth was the deaf/dumb God in Cthulhu mythos. The other (lesser) Gods tended to Azathoth while he slumbered. Part of me wonders whether Blizzard is re-positioning Azeroth to be a (or maybe the) deity of the Warcraft universe (or avatar of, reincarnation of, child of, herald of etc etc - take your pick), tended to tiers of the lesser gods (The First Ones, Titans etc). Maybe this is why the Jailer needs Azeroth's soul to RE-write reality, because Azeroth herself wrote it (or had a part in writing it) to begin with.

----

The TLDR here is Azeroth clearly is way, way more important than being 'just a titan'. And even if Blizzard thought she was in the past, I think thats since been retconned because shes clearly being presented now as something more.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-11-20 at 07:13 PM.

Why you said Azeroth is she?

Quote Originally Posted by Nehem View Post
    Why you said Azeroth is she?
    Because Azeroth is established as a female character

The 7th force thing is interesting. I get more interested now when some pieces might be connected and we get to finally see it.

Which I think is WoWs biggest issue in storytelling. To have this great scale story to be spread with so much time between the next chapter. I think that if they managed to get some more story, context more often, lets say every 6-8 weeks top, it would be a better story to follow.

Waiting 6-8 months for new stuff just doesn't do well imo.

if you wanna go with the azathoth thing, isn't that the god that if he ever wakes up just 1 shots everything? makes sense to be in the reset-the-unverse-room in that regard.

it's not exactly a new theory though since the name is so obvious. but yeah might be some sooper special ultra god everybody else confused with a titan.

(or to be more specific: reality is azathoths dream, so if he wakes up the dream ends. which may give people who like the "everything after nzoth is a dream" theory some hope.)
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-11-20 at 06:49 PM.

Kind of hoped for something a bit more creative than a holoball, from the description, but that's how the cookie crumbles i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Because Azeroth is established as a female character
    Inb4 Blizz changes Azeroth to non-binary with the corresponding they/them pronouns

Can totally see it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Inb4 Blizz changes Azeroth to non-binary with the corresponding they/them pronouns

imagine still hating peoples identity that scares you in ''insert current year''

edited into OP.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-11-20 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post

Yep, wouldn't surprise me.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    She cant be... 'just a Titan' anymore.
    I mean, she never really was "just a titan", she is said to be very very powerful as per the chronicle, and each and every cosmic conflict ends up revolving around her in some form or another.
    She's always been a special case.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Do you think its a co-incidence that the colour scheme of the 6 pillars in the Heart of Eternity is the same colour scheme for Azerite / Heart of Azeroth? Can see it at the end of the video but heres a pic. This is the only part of the raid that has this theme so pronounced.
    orange/blue is a very popular contrasting color sheme, so yeah could be coincidence. it's been used in wow in a few not-directly related places.

i imagine they did choose the colors on purpose cause azeroth, but if it actually means something beyond looking pretty may be a stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were the Eastern Kingdoms always broken up like that? Or am I looking at the globe wrong?

I guess zereth Mortis ist somewhere in/on azeroth and azeroth Herself is a First one. as far as i know Magni ist the onlyone who is able to communicate with her and said that its more like singing then talking. and the first ones in zereth mortis also communicate in a weird sing-speak thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Were the Eastern Kingdoms always broken up like that? Or am I looking at the globe wrong?
    It's not the EK, for some reason the globe depicts the Broken Isles.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    would be pretty neat. i guess we will see it soon. of more import to me is that recent leak that pelagos is going to become the new arbiter. iw as afraid they were gonna make the arbiter simpvanas. maybe she will answer for her crimes now after all ....or maybe the new jailer who knows.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

I heard that Sylvanas is going to fuse with the Soul of Azeroth and deal with the Jailer.

I mean, she will become some kind of Avatar or something

5+ Year Old Account
    They should make a third faction called 'Azeroth's defense force', because it's getting damn stupid that we'll need power rangers to defend the planet's soul at this rate.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    So the Jailer boss fight takes place in a 6 sided room called "Heart of Eternity". 6 sided looks very reminiscent of the cosmology chart's 6 forces....

The PTR sandbox flythru doesnt have all particle effects etc, but a few more datamined assets match with the official key-art released. So the Azeroth-globe model will sit right in the middle (with the soul/azerite essence etc being sucked out of it by the Jailer)

Although I don't know the context for this datamined image, it looks like it could be slotted into the Jailers hexagonal room too. If the room is meant to reflect the 6 cosmology forces in any way, then Azeroth is sitting right in the middle/intersection of these beams.

Furthermore, datamined info from the Dungeon Journal showing that the Jailer appears to be casting spells at Azeroth herself during the encounter: https://www.wowhead.com/news/full-du...g_information/

---

Furthermore: The colour scheme of the 6 pillars in the Heart of Eternity is the same colour scheme for Azerite / Heart of Azeroth. This is the only part of the raid (from the vid) that has this distinct blue+gold theme so pronounced.

Notice that the Heart of Azeroth/Azerite (from BFA) uses the same colour scheme as the Heart of Eternity:

---

So.... Azeroth's globe model sits at the very centre of a curiously shaped 6-sided room (reminiscent of the Cosmology Chart) and shares a distinctive blue+gold colour scheme with the room itself.

So all of this leads to the questions...

Why is the room itself called "Heart of Eternity"?
    Does Azeroth being in the CENTRE of this room, looking awfully similar to the 6-sided cosmology chart, have any special significance? (There was talk of a 7th force a while back, might this force be right in the centre of the other 6?)
    Does the similarity in colour scheme from the 6 pillars + Azerother (via Azerite, Heart of Azeroth etc) have any significance?
    If Azeroth was 'just a titan' - why does it appear to be in such an immeasurably important room/place/location etc?

Logical conclusion thus far IMO is this: There's something much more special about Azeroth we don't yet fully understand. She cant be... 'just a Titan' anymore. Maybe Blizzard thought she was in the past, but I believe that thought-process has since been retconned... into whatever she currently is.

On a tangent now, but "Azeroth" is a very similar word to "Azathoth" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azathoth). Azathoth was the deaf/dumb God in Cthulhu mythos. The other (lesser) Gods tended to Azathoth while he slumbered. Part of me wonders whether Blizzard is re-positioning Azeroth to be a (or maybe the) deity of the Warcraft universe (or avatar of, reincarnation of, child of, herald of etc etc - take your pick), tended to tiers of the lesser gods (The First Ones, Titans etc). Maybe this is why the Jailer needs Azeroth's soul to RE-write reality, because Azeroth herself wrote it (or had a part in writing it) to begin with.

----

The TLDR here is Azeroth clearly is way, way more important than being 'just a titan'. And even if Blizzard thought she was in the past, I think thats since been retconned because shes clearly being presented now as something more.
    She needs to wake up at this point. Everyone is trying to attack her. How are we even supposed to protect her???

So we are soon going to go full Gurren Lagann? Imho this is getting a bit too silly with the forcing of cosmic level stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    She needs to wake up at this point. Everyone is trying to attack her. How are we even supposed to protect her???
    Dude, can you, like, CUT your quote into something smaller?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.