Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I predicted they would take class sets and put them in loot boxes when they first removed tier sets. Tbh them selling quality sets at the expense of the in-game ones isn't that far off. I think if Blizzard thought they could get away with loot boxes in WoW, they would go for it.

You are not obligated to particle effects on your easy mode content, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    TIL 1 store transmog > 12 new class sets with unique models across four difficulty levels and a number of recolors

For the record, I don't particularly care for store transmogs nor do I fully support everything in the store myself. That said, WoW is so fully entrenched in their value added service model at this point that it seems exceptionally ineffectual to complain about the ways the developers choose to monetize the game. Stern words on a forum aren't going to make Blizzard realize the err in their capitalistic ways.
    i dont think peoples issue is that we got a new store mog, i think the issue is how sloppy the tier sets is while the store set is so much better in every way. they are panicking and try to suck out the whales as much as possible, after all, bobby needs money for his golden yatch so he can continue being the vile slime he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Some of the mythic variants are cool, at least. I wont be playing until 10.0 at the soonest though, so I'll be able to go back and farm them :^)

I like the top one, looks like a more bulkier Judgement set :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Farm up some gold and buy it for gold then.

I'm sure you won't because you don't actually want to farm for shit in the game.
    But there is your option.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Thank you for reminding us that capitalism is bad. I'll be sending my congressman a sternly worded letter and hopefully he will address this in a timely manner.
    So blizzard isn't bad, capitalism is? Is that the new defense being employed now a days?
    Blizzard is bad, capitalism has it's pros and cons. I guess one of the biggest pros is that people can spend their hard earned money on any sort of shit. And one of the cons is great gaming companies lose track of what they once were and believed in and moved into a conglomerate mess that now treats it's players as payers and stats.

But I get why you post these types of things, I don't understand why these people who still complain about the very obvious nature of blizzard, that has been there for all to see, for a good few years now even, stay around for so long. People need to leave blizzard games if you disagree with their practices. But sunk cost keeps them around I guess?

Meh, the set only really works on a Night Elf and if less cool than several of the new raid sets, like the DH, Pally and Rogue ones.

I don't doubt that more time has been spent on the shop set than on any individual raid set, but that doesn't actually mean much at the end of the day, not when there's 2 mog sets on the shop and literal hundreds in-game, with nearly a dozen cool ones added in Shadowlands alone if you ask me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    At this point Blizzard really isn't trying to hide how much they base their model on whaling anymore
    true - but on the other hand since there is nothing to spend in game gold on in game i enjoy them putting it to store.

this set costed me 620k gold - a lot - but it looks amazing on my casters . worth the gold spend.

it fits espeically well my frost mage - will be her permament transmog for year.s

hopefully they will put some nicely looking sets for plate/mail/leather users too :P

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    So blizzard isn't bad, capitalism is? Is that the new defense being employed now a days?
    Realistically, they're both bad; but saying Blizzard is bad because of its reliance on value added services seems like a selective viewpoint of people who've conveniently forgotten that WoW's success is the precise reason video games as a service have become so pervasive these days. I find it particularly annoying when people make arguments that some capitalism is okay (subscriptions) but other capitalism isn't (value added services). I've even seen hilariously out-of-touch arguments which seem to indicate that the exact same type of capitalism is okay for one game but not the other. (FFXIV's store is fine, WoW's isn't!)

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Blizzard is bad, capitalism has it's pros and cons. I guess one of the biggest pros is that people can spend their hard earned money on any sort of shit. And one of the cons is great gaming companies lose track of what they once were and believed in and moved into a conglomerate mess that now treats it's players as payers and stats. But I get why you post these types of things, I don't understand why these people who still complain about the very obvious nature of blizzard, that has been there for all to see, for a good few years now even, stay around for so long. People need to leave blizzard games if you disagree with their practices. But sunk cost keeps them around I guess?
    If too much capitalism is the problem, then yes. I absolutely believe people should vote with their wallets and leave. But it's patently false to believe that people aren't already leaving because of sunk cost fallacy. This is the same weak argument people have against literally any change in this game. (Blizzard won't change anything because people will pay for the game even if it's objectively bad.) The reality is most people simply don't care enough about the store to unsubscribe over it. But that doesn't make for interesting forum topics where people can quote block each other and in solemn condemnation of "greedy Blizzard" and their insistence that they are actively harming their game by continuing to develop new value added services.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-11-20 at 09:46 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the tier sets look better than that store set lol.

But to be honest, it feels very weird: Shadowlands has brough some of hte best looking equipment that we have seen in the game... ever, and now they pull this sets out of their butt :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, if you don't want to buy the sets, don't. They're purely cosmetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    i find most store mounts and all transmogs ever released for irl cash being ugly AF, my favourite latest sets is a few of the allied races ones and legion t6 recolors that i find really cool, apart from that i use mostly old school x-mog sets from vanilla - wotlk era.

store mounts i actually use is the grinning reaver and the cat they recently released that i find cool on some classes

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Farm up some gold and buy it for gold then.

I'm sure you won't because you don't actually want to farm for shit in the game.
    But there is your option.
    Yeah, you have right.
    Farming that amount of gold just feels bad.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You are not obligated to particle effects on your easy mode content, sorry.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Does this matter? There's half a million transmog sets in WoW you can get if you care about how your character looks. It makes literally no difference at all what the sets look like, what a bizarre thing to get upset about.
    Of course it matters. Without something to complain about, how will any of these guys say "Blizzard Bad" today? You can't honestly expect them to just recognise that not all things will appeal to all people and that there are tens of thousands of transmoggable models already in the game, surely?

With sub numbers waning the game will relay on whales to stay afloat.

Everyone recognises store cosmetics for what they are - they carry no prestige value like current mythic or PvP sets and as far as cosmetics go - with hundreds of transmogs to chose from, slapping on a store set isn't going to impress anyone who has any sense of elegance either.

I think your optic is scewed, because this set wasn't created "instead" of something you would obtain by other means, it wouldn't exist "at all" if not for whales buying that stuff.

And at the end of the day, everything that comes from the store can be farmed without wallet by playing the game and amassing gold. I don't tlplay ah at all and I make about 400k gold per month just playing the game, so I would be able to buy anything from the store every other month anyway.

As much as I don't like the tier sets, I absolutely think the one from the store looks like garbage. So no, I can't agree with you at all.

Hell yeah buy them. They are skins, nothing more. At least they're bringing tier sets back, which to some is a motivating factor to keep playing. They're gonna go the RITO route and put tons more skins in the store. Lots of revenue streams, i get it. As long as the tier bonuses provide a significant power spike then it's all good.

- - - Updated - - -

Aesthetically, the new tier sets look like argus greens. they arent even trying at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, you have right.
    Farming that amount of gold just feels bad.

What?
    What do you mean "that amount"?

It's 20 EUR, thats 2 WoW tokens if you are cheap enough to not be able to pay 7 EUR after one.
    It's not even that big a farm if you literally only farm one herb in one zone.

And you claim you would do actual grinds for sets like these?
    What a joke.

5+ Year Old Account

Haha! Check this out! How beautiful my mage is now!

Yep pretty unacceptable when people pay 15$ a month for a sub and get jack all for content, and then they put shit like mounts and cosmetic sets into the cash shop. Literally every single mount in the cash shop looks better than any mount they put into the game in 9.1, including the Mythic only mount.