Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why didn’t they just turn the existing arbiter back on?
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

One the one hand it's not as stupid as Sylvanas getting the job.

On the other hand... literally who? The guy only shows up 2 hours into the leveling experience and some more in the Kyrian campaign and it's not like he actually does much even then. He's a Soulbind but most Soulbinds are total nobodies as well.

If you ask me, had a new Arbiter actually been necessary, Uther would have been a better choice, and it would have completed his Shadowlands arcs that he started by blatantly disregarding the Arbiter's judgement and later atoning for his mistake.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

So I’m sending the next Arbiter to do my dirty work to get some gold and anima? Sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Maybe that was the point?

But no I agree this is dumb as hell lol. Blizzard loves left field for their storytelling in the name of 'look a twist!'
    Like the "the force is in all of us, everyone can become a Jedi, noone is special" in the last Jedi? Yeah, I can see the WoW writers thinking that this is a good idea.

On the topic of arbiter: Do we know by now how the original arbiter was broken?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Zovaal appeared to discorporate or disintegrate her at the close of the SoD raid.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Or make a new one. They made this one, if Pelagos can do it, it shouldn't be hard to create a new arbiter. Why did the firstborn even need Zoovals sigil if they could have literally chosen some random soul to do the job?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Zovaal appeared to discorporate or disintegrate her at the close of the SoD raid.
    But why not make a new one?

I mean, it makes sense. Personally I didn't want another arbiter at all, but w/e.

-It had to be a member of the Shadowlands

It really does, it just makes more sense for someone that actually has been part of the system to be the one to change it, so that does leave out any of the living characters.

-Makes sense it was a Kyrian

Kyrian had a campaign story where they actually addressed the flaws of their way of existence, and it ended with them redefining what their purpose was. They are the most primed to champion a new and improved system for all.

-Makes sense it was Pelagos

We really didn't delve into too many SL characters, and we really didn't influence them as deeply as we did with Pelagos. He had a story of being unsure of his purpose in the Afterlife, and we help him on his path to reach his potential and be ready for his next step. He is one of the characters more affected by Us, the PC.

Part of me wanted Uther because we also have that connection with him, but he still has unfinished business, and the duty to lead the Forsworn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    How would that be any better than actually have an existing character take the role?

If the new Arbiter is literally a new character, it lacks any sort of connection to us, any sort of narrative impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    One the one hand it's not as stupid as Sylvanas getting the job.
    How can Sylvanas become Arbiter when she must stand trial in Pandaria?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I mean, they didn't go down the Sylvanas route so props to them.

I'm not mad about it honestly. I was quite shocked, but really if they had to choose someone it kinda makes sense they chose him (in the sense of needing a relevant to Shadowlands character, but not main enough that they couldn't use them again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Disappointing. I hoped it would be Perry Gatner.

Oh come on.

The story is already in a limbo between comically shit and comically serious.
    If they went the serious path, they would have introduced a character that is absolutely the paragon of paragons, even helps our character out a few times in Korthia and the Maw, etc-etc.

If they go with the comically route, why not put an Oddly Large Mawrat as the Arbiter?
    *we* are the ones, or Shadowlands itself, or the 4 covenants or whatever WILL guide Pelagos, not the free ?will?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Perhaps they seek to learn from the mistake that allowed the original (at least the one we were aware of) Arbiter to be knocked offline and foul up the machinery of death. Perhaps in light of the anima drought and the reduced circumstances of the Eternal Ones, with Denathrius imprisoned, Kyrestia injured, and the Winter Queen stretched the brink they're not able to simply will a new Arbiter into being.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Missed opportunity to kill off Sylvanas and wrap up her story arc. Oh well
    Sylvanis is getting redeemed, lightforged, and marrying Anduin to unite the factions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Obviously they are trying to attract and please twitter putting that character in the position

i rly don't care, because the arbiter, as all shadowlands are pointless and meaningless in the lore department, i actually feel bad for the character to be used as scapegoat.

Well, at least is not Sylvanas
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-11-21 at 01:09 AM.

Shadowlands is WoW's GoT s8, something danuser loved. What a shock.

3+ Year Old Account
    Feels incredibly underwhelming. At least Sylvanas would have been hilariously bad, and the forum salt would have been legendary. This just feels kinda "meh".

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I think it's great. He's been struggling with his identity for so long. Finally, he finds his new purpose just like my mage.
    Oh hell yeah. He found his purpose by not having an identity or personality anymore xD

Could be the arbiter speaking through pelegos, if not and it is just pelegos as the arbiter I think it A does not really make sense and B at the same time I am not suprised, in a bad way that is.

I actually couldn't remember who Pelagos was and I played Kyrian when I was playing

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I actually couldn't remember who Pelagos was and I played Kyrian when I was playing
    The character is incredibly bland after all.