Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post

Apparently, some people have been complaining about the new warlock tier because they think it's similar to the KKK habit.

Then, this happened:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...r-build-324996

"We hear you and agree. This was an oversight where we hadn't yet fully reviewed this set from every angle before putting it into the initial test build. We've already begun work to adjust the set, and you'll see changes to it in a forthcoming build of the Eternity's End PTR."

What is wrong with society? Honestly. What is wrong with Blizzard? If you're one of those who complained about this new tier, let me tell you that you've got a serious problem in your head. How sad your life must be to get offended by a warlock tier? Why are we listening to these brain-deads?

By the way, educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote
    I don't like it because it looks like dog shit. It doesn't even look like a warlock, if anything it looks like a Pally from Vanilla, or a priest.

Just in case anyone thinks this wouldn't happen lol

No company wants this to be possible in their game, come on.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    People said "This is kinda weird, you should change it" and the people that won't shut up and think this is the end of the world who are offended by that.
    its not the end of the world at all. Its just hilarously silly and a complete waste of time for everyone involved. If anything, its an interesting obeservation on how things work in 2021. People just gotta find something wrong with anything, ,moan alot on social media platforms and changes will be done. Its not like this was a huge public demand to be changed.

This kind of sensorship that, in the end, does nothing is a weird concept. But its done now. Wonder whats wrong tommrow? Wonder what kind of major issues in real life that be tied into the videogame world of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    its not the end of the world at all. Its just hilarously silly and a complete waste of time for everyone involved. If anything, its an interesting obeservation on how things work in 2021. People just gotta find something wrong with anything, ,moan alot on social media platforms and changes will be done. Its not like this was a huge public demand to be changed.

This kind of sensorship that, in the end, does nothing is a weird concept. But its done now. Wonder whats wrong tommrow? Wonder what kind of major issues in real life that be tied into the videogame world of warcraft.
    1. The vast majority of people made one post that probably took them 30 seconds. The people that are relentless, will not shut up, and just keep going on and on are the people on the other side.
    2. Censorship doesn't mean "Someone criticized me".

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing to me that someone takes ten seconds to post "This looks like Klan robes" and then someone else spends ten hours furiously raging about that person and the conclusion is that the original person has a problem.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

1. The vast majority of people made one post that probably took them 30 seconds. The people that are relentless, will not shut up, and just keep going on and on are the people on the other side.
    2. Censorship doesn't mean "Someone criticized me".

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing to me that someone takes ten seconds to post "This looks like Klan robes" and then someone else spends ten hours furiously raging about that person and the conclusion is that the original person has a problem.
    It was quickly over because Blizzard bendt over in no time. If they had waited with it, people would keep going at them. At this point its more interesting discussing how this even works and plays out. How someone can just insert real life things into a videogame and portray it to Blizzard as something bad and get it changed. Its even more interesting when its very few people overall who demanded the change.

If this is the set standard, there are so many games that should tread VERY carefully lol.

For me personally its nothing but a interesting observation. Blizzard can do whatever the F they want with the set. I dont really care about that. its the reasoning and why thats interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It was quickly over because Blizzard bendt over in no time. If they had waited with it, people would keep going at them. At this point its more interesting discussing how this even works and plays out. How someone can just insert real life things into a videogame and portray it to Blizzard as something bad and get it changed. Its even more interesting when its very few people overall who demanded the change.

If this is the set standard, there are so many games that should tread VERY carefully lol.

For me personally its nothing but a interesting observation. Blizzard can do whatever the F they want with the set. I dont really care about that. its the reasoning and why thats interesting.
    What the hell are you talking about "inserting real like things into video games"? You aren't even making sense because you are so desperate to cram "I don't like stuff that looks like klan robes" into some weird culture war narrative.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

What the hell are you talking about "inserting real like things into video games"? You aren't even making sense because you are so desperate to cram "I don't like stuff that looks like klan robes" into some weird culture war narrative.
    What? Im not the one demanding a set gear in a videogame changed because it looks something like comes from the real world. The ones demanding it changed are the ones forcing some kind of cultural war or whatever into a videogame.

Anyway, as I said previously: Its just a interesting observation to behold, how all of this works. Its just hilarious, petty and a huge waste of time for everyone and the outcome is.. nothing of worth.

AHAHAHAHAHA oh my god. The comparison comes as news for me with this thread but maan this is comedy gold , didn't like the set because it's ugly but yeah i can see the KKK robe now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

wtf ahahahah.

honestly , just recoloring would make the comparison a stretch. A warlock dressed in white is weird anyway it looks too much like priest+judgement set
    Last edited by valax; 2021-11-20 at 09:39 PM.

Should have at least made it a Mag'har Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honest. I like top hats. Haha. They look so cool, but I know I would look so stupid in them in real life. Not to mention the cost of one.

Some things I wish could be changed in life. I wish people didn't see the vikings as men in horned helmets, as they were purely ceremonial and not used in combat.
    I hear ya but I think the end results from all the pearl clutching will be more limited cosmetics in game then what we have now. I was pointing out how unreasonable it is that nothing can be in that if squinted at might offend someone somewhere. I can see blizzard in its utter desperation to pander starting to remove entire themes in a bizarre effort to appease people who can and never will be appeased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I don't like it because it looks like dog shit. It doesn't even look like a warlock, if anything it looks like a Pally from Vanilla, or a priest.
    It looks like shit granted its the reasoning behind it being remade that annoys me. I don't think i would use any of the upcoming tier as transmog unless the mythic/elite versions blow me away.

It looks like a priest set, and to look at the back of an armor set and see this to be KKK just tells me you are predisposed to see this everywhere

And of course Shilliesin and Evishill got this going. Devs even retweeted them with the announcement they are changing it.

Didnt know the KKK were so stylish, might have to start adding their threads to my wardrobe.

I'm gonna be honest, I assumed it was because the back of the helm looked insanely low rez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    way to response after first word before waiting for me to actualy finish...

Where's the confederate flag? Where's the KKK insignia? Where's the burning crosses?

Don't cry that it isn't intentional and then whine when it is pointed out that that isn't at issue.
    Let me rephrase what I originally wrote in hopes of you finally understanding it:

I simply said that I would only defend the removal of the warlock tier set if there was an intention to make it look like the KKK outfit.

There was none, at least as far as I could find around in the internet.

Therefore, I don't think it should be removed simply because it coincidentally slightly resembles the outfit of a KKK member.

Last but certainly not least: people would likely take you more seriously if you acted a little less childish and stopped saying people are "crying" and/or "whining".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/MpaIPuH.png

You do know we can already "do that" in the game, only sans robes and pointy hats, right?

And as far as NPCs go, remember the concentration camps the orcs were subjected to, after the first invasion? Or how Garrosh treated the Alliance prisoners during Siege of Orgrimmar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You do know we can already "do that" in the game, only sans robes and pointy hats, right?

And as far as NPCs go, remember the concentration camps the orcs were subjected to, after the first invasion? Or how Garrosh treated the Alliance prisoners during Siege of Orgrimmar?
    Yea that's all my favorite subject matter in WoW. Maybe settle on assuming which 'side I'm on' here.

The only item required/missing to make that mog I photoshopped is the new Warlock helm being removed. So just sans the pointy hat.
    I'm just humorously highlighting how specifically on the nose this could all look from that player-camera view if it was being kept in.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, I assumed it was because the back of the helm looked insanely low rez.
    I saw something along the lines of "Look at the back of the helm..." on the Wowhead comments and instantly thought "Man, that looks like a vanilla helmet". And then moved on with my life. Didn't think for a second it looked like a KKK hood at all!

What I'm finding so damn funny about this thread, is how everyone shat all over those tier pieces and now they're going to be removed people want them back in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Imagine a few pixels offending anyone.

Yeah, society is fucked.
    Pretty much this.

They should remove all forms of plate and mail armor because medieval soldiers from various nations pillaged, raped and conquered millions in similar outfits. Leather armor should go too because the Mongols ravaged every meter of land between China and Central Europe. The Kul Tiran sets must be changed too because Brittain's navy used similar attire on their quest to enslave the world! And don't get me started on the cultural appropriation of South American civilizations' cultures by the Zandalari.

Everyone must be naked now. No, not naked - everyone must be a fruitbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Yes, I complain about how fucked up society is to get offended by a warlock hood. It's got nothing to do with fragility.
    You completely ignored though it being pointed out that a single tweet pointing out that it's a "unfortunate appearance" was what led to blizzard quickly saying "we're going to change it yeah".

There wasn't people screaming with outrage, there wasn't anyone being offended.

You spent far more time on this in comparison, for what it's worth.