Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    We've been discussing that the last 3 pages.
    Sorry I did check, I must have just barely missed it. Went back a few pages to way earlier in the day. My bad.

Edit: Usually there would be 20+ pages on it already but this place isn't really what it used to be for the lore hype.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-11-20 at 11:50 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Sorry I did check, I must have just barely missed it. Went back a few pages to way earlier in the day. My bad.

Edit: Usually there would be 20+ pages on it already but this place isn't really what it used to be for the lore hype.
    It was a recent discovery. Admittingly, I don't think it will matter too much in terms of lore. But it is exciting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

No biggie. Funny detail though, grammatically the forms are all over the place. Since they wanted to keep it somewhat latin they put ordo in a form that doesn't exist, because all other forms are with ordi- due to i-declension (is that really how it's written in english..? sheesh). Similar for Tumult, which should be Tumultus, or Chaos if they just had gone for the ancient greek version (I guess they really wanted to stick with pseudo latin). Umbra just means shadow, instead of void, which usually implies emptyness - or even ghost, which makes it even more wrong imho. Vitae should actually be Vita, like Umbra. Well or Umbra should Umbrae if it's supposed to be genitive (or lokalative, which makes all others wrong as well though), which I had assumed after Zereth Morthis, since that would have made sense.

You can practically guess how the search for these names went, involving some half assed google-fu. I would have personally expected:
    Zereth Mortis
    Zereth Luminis
    Zereth Ordinis
    Zereth Vitae
    Zereth Umbrae (maybe Zereth Concavi)
    Zereth Tumultus
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-21 at 12:20 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    No biggie. Funny detail though, grammatically the forms are all over the place. Since they wanted to keep it somewhat latin they put ordo in a form that doesn't exist, because all other forms are with ordi- due to i-declension (is that really how it's written in english..? sheesh). Similar for Tumult, which should be Tumultus, or Chaos if they just had gone for the ancient greek version (I guess they really wanted to stick with pseudo latin). Umbra just means shadow, instead of void, which usually implies emptyness - or even ghost, which makes it even more wrong imho. Vitae should actually be Vita, like Umbra. Well or Umbra should Umbrae if it's supposed to be genitive (or lokalative, which makes all others wrong as well though), which I had assumed after Zereth Morthis, since that would have made sense.
    It's probably simply not meant to accurately reflect latin, and goes with what sounds good over proper latin grammar. After all, the First Ones would not speak actual latin. You'd probably do well to just accept it as a language that happens to be rather similar, but not identical.

Also, Void is occassionally called Shadow, so that does make some sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    So, here's one of the scripts found:

10_ZM_Saezurah_Awakens_STM
    The first numbers qualify for the expansion number.

Any guesses?
    What does the STM mean at the end? Azeroth awakens?

If anyone has doubts it's the the Helm of Domination being reforged and thinks it could be the Arbiter's crown just remember that a while ago a fully repaired HD helm of domination was datamined with the name repaired in the file name and that the file name from the Arbiter's crown is "Progenitors_Arbiters_Crown."
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Emerald Drake mount for 10.0 is another point on the Cata 2 board.
    Yeah also guessing collectors edition. A cool emerald drake mount and pet would be dope. Could also just be Dragon Isles with no revamp though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

.. But Zereth Mortis doesn't even look that.. Mortis.
    They modeled the Shadowlands mostly after life imo. So that the mortals would feel comfortable and at home. If beings are going to live there in death, it's better to look pretty or familiar than some grey void.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Emerald Drake mount for 10.0 is another point on the Cata 2 board.
    Or it could be for lifelands! Green Dragons = Nature = Life. (Just kidding. But just in case, no Blizz don't.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post

The 8 chapters for 9.2
    Bet Judgement deals with Sylvanas and Arthas. They get judged by the new Arbiter? Sylvanas was brought back via unnatural means, so she has to stay. Both should go to Revendreth IMO. or maybe Sylvanas can oversee the maw, but perhaps she changes it to be a bit better? If people have to spend eternity somewhere, most beings don't deserve eternity in torture, not even the worst beings. Sure they are stuck there forever but make it a bit nicer at least. Stuck in prison, but it's a nice prison.

Perhaps souls now get some say in where they go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good god the raid is the size of a zone. What a huge raid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    I saw someone mention a new Yogg tentacle skin a few pages back but nothing else.

Curious.

As I mentioned to the person on Discord this likely is just a new skin for a tentacle used somewhere in 9.2 which just happens to have been originally made for Yogg. I wouldn't go as far as claiming there's a connection yet, models are reused all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What does the STM mean at the end? Azeroth awakens?
    STM regularly shows up in more scene names, could be an author initials or some internal abbreviation they use all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its probably nothing big. Much as we want a Yogg connection. I think he should do some comeback one last time but thats off topic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    As I mentioned to the person on Discord this likely is just a new skin for a tentacle used somewhere in 9.2 which just happens to have been originally made for Yogg. I wouldn't go as far as claiming there's a connection yet, models are reused all the time.

STM regularly shows up in more scene names, could be an author initials or some internal abbreviation they use all the time.
    Ah, forgive the mix up then. I was kind of hoping for hints at ol' Yoggy making an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its probably nothing big. Much as we want a Yogg connection. I think he should do some comeback one last time but thats off topic.
    Now place your bets on what NPC has really been a Yogg-saron tentacle in disguise like Sif was for the past 12 years.

Or it could be for lifelands! Green Dragons = Nature = Life. (Just kidding. But just in case, no Blizz don't.)
    Jumping to the Gardens of Life Striaght after Shadowlands will be quite of alot of cosmic First One stuff in a short time.

Blizzard burnt through Warcraft 3 quickly I hope they pace the new lore a little better.

That being said I'm sure they'll look amazing.

Shit, now that I was happy that we were stuck with Dragon Isles and a World Revamp, the Void and Light expansion hints reappear.

I only hope Azeroth doesn't die or infuses her soul in Sylvanas's body to survive, that would be terrible. I was hoping to see Azeroth's "Titan" borning as a new character inspired by Athena or another powerful goddess. But Sylvanas trainwreck character would only taint Azeroth's soul plot that is still being shaped.

I hope the writing team gets the memo and moves Sylvanas OUT of the big picture. Because I know they're not going to kill her and instead are probably going to redeem her, but FFS, get her out of the screen, we need new characters "fresh blood", send Sylvanas somewhere else to meditate for two or three expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post

The 8 chapters for 9.2
    Starting Over...
    Hmmm

Ah, forgive the mix up then. I was kind of hoping for hints at ol' Yoggy making an appearance.
    Well, it wouldn't really make any sense for it to show up. It has no connection to the story of the expansion whatsoever.