Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What do you mean? You can farm gold and buy tokens for it!

Sarcasm off

You, and only you the players remainig have the fault about the state of the game. Enjoy it

I don't know... the Castle Nathria cloth set looks much more superb. The belt is nice. I give you that. 3D belt with a book is to this day relativly rare.
    But the rest just doesn't interest me.

There were a lot of nice sets in the last 3 addons, against, well 2 store sets. And tbf. I see hardly anyone running around in the fairy dragon set. I admit, particulary the base set of 9.2 does not look that interesting, mythic is very good though. And the rest honestly looks more like some 12 year old druid/ maybe mage gear by the overall ästhetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post

Haha! Check this out! How beautiful my mage is now!
    A male elf character? Eww, get that sorted.

I've disliked raid tier sets for years and having none was something I welcomed with open arms. The only tier that should have sets is the last one because many specs usually have to use a 2-set with an underwhelming ilvl from a previous raid because it would sim better; this would make obtaining current-tier set pieces pointless and was very annoying(ie mythic ToS 2-set was BiS for MM Hunters in 7.3). I don't even mind if they put great looking sets into the shop; you can simply ignore it and not make a purchase.

There however can be no excuse for putting so many underwhelming sets into the game at the same time while opening up the transmog set shop. If great sets are both in the game and in the shop, then it's completely fine with me; I personally wouldn't buy them either way.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-11-21 at 02:24 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Of course looks are objective and all that and some might dislike the new transmog set. However what is undeniable is that MORE work went into the shop transmog set than any of the new tier sets. It's not just the effects, but you can clearly see that it has more 3D assets to it compared to the tier sets (such as on the chest armor).

And it all makes sense. From a business perspective there's no way they'd intentionally make a worse set (and when it's a goofy design, then it's at least unique), because they also want to sell these after all. All in all, the main reason why so many people dislike the WoW shop is that they will always have to put out straight better stuff (better as in: uniqueness, work put into it) and only on a few occasions will they put out a recolored version of a store mount.
    The shop set doesn’t seem to have any 3D assets on the gloves or boots where say the warrior or pally set has a 3D asset for every single piece so it seems to be worse off then the tier sets as far as 3D goes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

personaly i rly think some of those sets look way better than the store mog,those sholders and head are way to simple for my taste,and yeah the little whisp things flying around you is fancy and all but thats not what i enjoy in an armor set,also dont like that glowing outline

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I don't think the store set looks that great honestly. It looks good on that vulpera in the picture but on the human model it looks like a TBC dungeon set or something. I call bs that people would be happy about that set if it was one of the tier sets. If it was a mage set it would be in the bottom half of their sets.
    100% if the store mount was a raid drop and one of the mythic sets was in the store OP and others would cry,i get its cool to h8 on blizz when they mess up,and they do a lot,but this is just silly,the store mount is objectivly inferior in almost every way besides the little whisp effect,and that one is subjective

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yep pretty unacceptable when people pay 15$ a month for a sub and get jack all for content, and then they put shit like mounts and cosmetic sets into the cash shop. Literally every single mount in the cash shop looks better than any mount they put into the game in 9.1, including the Mythic only mount.
    you can get all the shop stuff with gold,and they are cheaper than many ingame gold sinks,stop being poor (gold wise)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the store set looks that amazing. You're also comparing one set to.. twelve?

While I don't think all of the new tier sets are amazing there's at least several of them that look pretty good, and they all have pretty good attention to detail. So in this scenario I'd still take the new tier over the store bought one.

I agree, especially given that the last 2 expansions have had some pretty lackluster sets overall.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    A male elf character? Eww, get that sorted.
    Faelia is that you?

People picked quite possibly the worst hill to die on in this case. The only difference in quality between the store set and the raid ones is all the extra sparkly/glowy crap...which the mythic raid versions look like they have plenty of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    People picked quite possibly the worst hill to die on in this case. The only difference in quality between the store set and the raid ones is all the extra sparkly/glowy crap...which the mythic raid versions look like they have plenty of themselves.
    99.9999% of the MMO-C crowd wont even clear Mythics lol

I don't really have anything against the store xmog set by itself - as i think this was the BlizzcOnline goodie you would get buying the ticket/pass and with it canceled, they just put it in the store.

It has some more details compared to standard ones but it has to otherwise who would buy it, plus you're gonna get it only of you like it.

Only one thing i really agree with, is that if they can do something like this for the store, comoarable things can/should be in game aswell.

This said, given the current game and Blizzard status, it's not really been a good move on their part, coupled with the lvl 60 boost etc. But i don't think right now ANY move would be good excluding doing a pass on the gameplay design pipeline and see what actually works and whatnot. Because, personally, any expansion from WoD onwards to me has been pretty much overloaded with new systems that left nothing in the game, excluding the addition of world quests and m+.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

5+ Year Old Account

I am jealous man. Set is awesome but that wouldnt look good on my orc main character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Concept artists must fucking hate their job. Do amazing designs, then see them get absolutely butchered.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Thankfully I've yet to see a single Store Mog-item that I've liked... Phew!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    What do you mean "that amount"?

It's 20 EUR, thats 2 WoW tokens if you are cheap enough to not be able to pay 7 EUR after one.
    It's not even that big a farm if you literally only farm one herb in one zone.

And you claim you would do actual grinds for sets like these?
    What a joke.
    You know what's the joke?
    You didn't clearly got my comment. By "that amount" for "that set" I am not saying "THAT amount" as a HUGE amount of gold, I am saying "THAT amount" of my time.

Because for me it isn't even worth 5$, it's not even worth my time wasted on the game. Hell... I earn much more money in the real life than grinding/farming things in the WoW(compared money earn/time). I am above gold-cap already, while playing it ~10-14h weekly.

And I wouldn't "grind" sets, I am just spending time with my guild while raiding and we're just having fun. The sets are a bonus that help us with progression.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    100% if the store mount was a raid drop and one of the mythic sets was in the store OP and others would cry,i get its cool to h8 on blizz when they mess up,and they do a lot,but this is just silly,the store mount is objectivly inferior in almost every way besides the little whisp effect,and that one is subjective
    Wtf, it's just an opinion. I was almost always defending the Blizz. but not this time.
    It's wrong to have a different opinion? Are you too obtuse to realize that other people have different taste and can come up with different conclusions?

You either can love or hate Blizzard now? There's nothing in between, yeah?
    The whole MMO-C is changing into anti-blizz vs pro-blizz groups... Which is silly, to say the least. And people like you are clearly the part of the problem. Because such behaviour(generalisation) divides the community.

It seriously looks cool. Just need the Celestial mount!
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-11-21 at 10:38 AM.

I honestly dont think that it looks that amazing.
    The swirly stars effect is cool, which i certainly hope we will see something similar of on in-game sets in the future, but the rest of the set is "meh".

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You know what's the joke?
    You didn't clearly got my comment. By "that amount" for "that set" I am not saying "THAT amount" as a HUGE amount of gold, I am saying "THAT amount" of my time.

Because for me it isn't even worth 5$, it's not even worth my time wasted on the game. Hell... I earn much more money in the real life than grinding/farming things in the WoW(compared money earn/time). I am above gold-cap already, while playing it ~10-14h weekly.

And I wouldn't "grind" sets, I am just spending time with my guild while raiding and we're just having fun. The sets are a bonus that help us with progression.

Wtf, it's just an opinion. I was almost always defending the Blizz. but not this time.
    It's wrong to have a different opinion? Are you too obtuse to realize that other people have different taste and can come up with different conclusions?

You either can love or hate Blizzard now? There's nothing in between, yeah?
    The whole MMO-C is changing into anti-blizz vs pro-blizz groups... Which is silly, to say the least. And people like you are clearly the part of the problem. Because such behaviour(generalisation) divides the community.

Then why the fuck are you crying?
    If you are that rich in-game everything is already free for you that comes into the store for the rest of eternity.

Unbeliavable how people find the need to complain about shit non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Then why the fuck are you crying?
    If you are that rich in-game everything is already free for you that comes into the store for the rest of eternity.

Unbeliavable how people find the need to complain about shit non-stop.
    Because it affects other people.

Are you seriously so narrow-minded and egoistical that you are only seeing the problems that only affect yourself?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

Yeah I had it long time ago. They did discounted by reducing the price of the mount and with pet I bought it all for 23 euro.