Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm okay with it. Pelagos was a good character, with good development. And Sylvanas was the obvious choice no one wanted

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prazulsatlaret View Post
    I'm okay with it. Pelagos was a good character, with good development. And Sylvanas was the obvious choice no one wanted
    "development"

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I mean, I've been saying from the start it wasn't going to be Sylvanas, but everyone was sooo convinced. Rather than being relieved, now they're hating on who it is instead.

Let's be clear here, there would have been tremendous hatred, whoever they would have chosen. Practically every WoW character is tremendously flawed.
    I also dislike this because we quickly got to the point where you can easily side with Zovaal and think the afterlife system is flawed.

Pelagos as an Arbiter thus means one of two things :

He becomes the new robot Arbiter, all this struggle was pointless and the Eternal ones failed to question the system.

He becomes a new sort of Arbiter, with his own sensibility and stuff. And I really don't see what character would fit that role, but he doesn't look like a good candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel this is another Uldir situation. As a non-kyrian Alliance player, I had to go look up information about G'huun back then, and I will have to look up information about Pelagos now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I feel this is another Uldir situation. As a non-kyrian Alliance player, I had to go look up information about G'huun back then, and I will have to look up information about Pelagos now.
    Imagine the most generic character and put a trans stamp on it and done.

Quote Originally Posted by prazulsatlaret View Post
    Too bad most you need to choose Bastion to see most of it.

I mean im glad they didnt go with the obvious Slyvannas Redemption arc and her becoming it.

That said im kinda "Meh" at who they picked, because unless your Kyrian you dont know much about his journey honestly.

That also said kinda worried whats they are gonna do with Slyvannas, without her taking the role, guess it means they have future plans for her unless she becomes the new jailer just like Bolvar became the the new LK

better to use a random new character no one cares about to fill a random new position no one cares about than using a long known character no one really cares about

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Isn't the anima drought solved though? That's the entire arc in 9.0, we the players helping the covenants to deal with the drought, which we succeeded in. Also, if just anyone can be arbiter, we could have replaced it way before Zooval reached oribos, right after CN raid. Which would have meant more anima for the covenants and less for the jailer. I get the (stupid) reason why they did not react right after the arbiter shut down (they did not care to know or worked for the jailer...), but why is appointing a new arbiter a priority now, with all the firstborn weakened, like you said? If it's not urgent, then they can wait until they recovered. If it were urgent, they should have done so the moment they noticed the arbiter being offline or at least after they saw Denathrius betrayal.

Also, just another question; When we first arrive in Oribos, we are told that the arbiter moved a little bit. Was that ever brought up again? I honestly feel like were missing an interaction between the PC and the arbiter here. I can't imagine that replacing it (her? Female machines?) has been the writer's plan all along.
    Without an Arbiter, incoming souls and their anima can't be properly funneled through the Shadowlands - so while the Maw Walkers have aided with the direst ramifications of the drought in the various Covenant realms, the origin of the problem is still present and since Denathrius dumped his greedily hoarded reserves into the Maw to serve Zovaal the drought would definitely still be a factor. We also don't know if "just anyone" can truly take up the mantle of the Arbiter. While I agree Pelagos is a weird choice, it's likely there's some specific quality or trait about a potential Arbiter that's needed to make the process successful or ideal. This may even be some kind of ineffable or inscrutable thing and not just down to personality or moral grounds, as it were; something intrinsic to one's experiences or their substance that qualifies them to serve in the capacity. Perhaps that's why the Eternal Ones originally made a construct to replace Zovaal in the first place, there was no one eligible for the role and it had to be done, so they essentially shoved a penny in the breaker to keep the lights on, aware that one day it could come back to bite them. This would be something that in their current capacity, down two Eternal Ones and with their realms still in disarray, they can't just do on a whim.

I assume that the original Arbiter reacted the slightest bit when we arrive because we were there as agents of the Purpose, and that was in recognition of our significance in the coming storyline. I don't think her slight reaction to us was meant to imply anything beyond that, though; it's not as if she reactivated or anything. It was more a minor omen that our arrival to Oribos was indeed what the attendants and Eternal Ones had been waiting for.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    arbiter->uther
    jailer->arthas
    lich king->sylvanas

would have been way better no? granted we only know about the arbiter

I mean, glad it's not sylvanus

but Pelagos? really? a nobody character with nothing to contribute to the story is now going to become this powerful godlike being? someone who failed to even ascend as a Kyrian and hand to hand held through his "development" in SL

lol Danuser, you going for the "Bran the broken" is the king cause of his ""story" eh

why not just remake the current Arbiter in some way, or make a bunch of new "robots" to be Arbiters, would avoid the issue of SL shutting down if anything happened to the Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Pelagos was a failed Kyrian who had to be hand held who only started to do anything after we showed up and even then its Kleia and the player character that end up doing all the heavy lifting.
    Jeez, it's almost like the point is that the Kyrian system was flawed or anything. Like if Pelagos didn't thrive when he actually had people to support him and reach his potential.

Still I'd rather have Pelagos over Sylvanas. But if we can make new Arbiters why not make a couple so shit doesn't get fucked up again?
    Having a new character be the Arbiter would be totally empty, as already said.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Jeez, it's almost like the point is that the Kyrian system was flawed or anything. Like if Pelagos didn't thrive when he actually had people to support him and reach his potential.

Having a new character be the Arbiter would be totally empty, as already said.
    Yeah it was flawed just like the entire shadowlands system is flawed. Yet you still had people like Kleia succeed and still pulled more weight than Pelagos did through the entire storyline.

Why would it need to be a new character? Make a council of Arbiters from the best of each covenant(as in ones that held to the roles of their covenants and didn't get corrupted by the jailer or promises of power/what ever) and 1-2 other people.

Keeping the system 1 Arbiter is fucking retarded when you can make more and the person who is becoming it is a flawed normal person.

Seems weird, random, and kind of tacked-on. But that pretty much describes Shadowlands' story to a 't' imo, so I guess it's kind of fitting?

LMAO WHAT ? The dude/tte who wasn't even ready to become ascended gets to become arbiter? PFFT...Whatever, as long as we never get to see he/she/it or the shadowlands again I can accept it.

I prefer a crazier option:

- Guys, we saved everyone. Azeroth IS FREE!
    - Nice, and we closed the path to Zereth Mortis, NO ONE can attempt to modify creation.
    - Yrel: NICE.
    - Yrel, what are you doing here?
    - Yrel: Well, the Naaru noticed that the Eternals and mortals imposed a chaotic system to judge all the souls. They risked all creation. The only faithful and just to command all creation is the Light!
    - What do you mean?
    - Yrel: Zrali informed about the last events: the anima drought, the weakened state of the Eternals, the annihilation of the Shadowlands armies...it is time for a new dawn, under the only true Light! The Light of the Naaru!

Yrel, the Judge (Arbiter).

The End.

-------
    What stops the invasion of the Shadowlands by the other forces of creation? Nothing. They only need the mortals to clean all the mess and take Zereth Mortis.
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2021-11-21 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I prefer a crazier option:

- Guys, we saved everyone. Azeroth IS FREE!
    - Nice, and we closed the path to Zereth Mortis, NO ONE can attempt to modify creation.
    - Yrel: NICE.
    - Yrel, what are you doing here?
    - Yrel: Well, the Naaru noticed that the Eternals and mortals imposed a chaotic system to judge all the souls. They risked all creation. The only faithful and just to command all creation is the Light!
    - What do you mean?
    - Yrel: Zrali informed about the last events: the anima drought, the weakened state of the Eternals, the annihilation of the Shadowlands armies...it is time for a new dawn, under the only true Light! The Light of the Naaru!

Yrel, the Judge (Arbiter).

The End.

-------
    What stops the invasion of the Shadowlands by the other forces of creation? Nothing. They only need the mortals to clean all the mess and take Zereth Mortis.
    PLOT.

Realistically both the Void Lords and the Naaru should be throwing all they have at the Janitor, to stop his Scooby Doo scheme, but Plot won't allow them to intervene until the Light and Void expansion.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Funny to see people swearing up and down they don’t give a shit about the Shadowlands story and they hate it are suddenly oh so invested in the choice for Arbiter.
    Is it a surprise? When this happens all the time?

(Insert random hate post)

"Why do you hate WoW so much?"

"Oh I don't care, I quit it years ago"

I played through the story exactly once, and I've never chosen Kyrian on any of my characters.

As a result, I basically have no idea who Pelagos is, or what journey they went through to culminate in such a big moment in the story.

Maybe, just maybe not the best choice of character for this?

They chose him only because he is trans. To show how woke they are. if you have not played bastion you wont even see him. I actually read about him on wowhead.
    cringe move from blizzard to get some points.