Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    These are interesting times we live in.

Blizzard redesigns an item because a minority of players pointed out - some which for self-serving reasons - the similarity between theirs and a "problematic" symbol. Blizzard acknowledges it and decides to change. From a business stand point, it is a logical move because no company wants bad publicity.

However, a likely overwhelming majority voices their displeasure at that change, even resents the aforementioned acknowledgement. It stands to reason that business wise, this would result in bad publicity.

Oh well *shrug*, another win for the self annointed good morals custodians, disingenuously weaponizing non-issues for their own egotisical feel good agenda.
    What exactly are their self-serving reasons? I mean, the original tweet just says it's unfortunate, it doesn't ask for any changes. But even if they did, what exactly would be their self-serving reason? Feeling that they got the set to be changed?

Also, you are really overestimating how many people "resent" this change if you think it's an "overwhelming majority".

I'd also ask why this "overwhelming majority" resents such a minor change. It's a set nobody particularly likes, that does somewhat look like a KKK robe from the back.

If the devs want to change that, let them. I don't get why people get so offended when devs listen to players.

Remember when the meme was "Blizzard: Fun detected..." Congrats folks. You've just played yo'selves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Wait, you think NOT acquiescing to the ignorant "majority" in this case makes for bad publicity? The idea is out there already, and even if it was completely unintentional (and I'm sure it was) the design clearly resembles a very recognizable symbol of this country's problematic history. The "majority" not caring is irrelevant. Hell, even the idea that a few people on this forum constitutes an "overwhelming majority" is laughable.

Once the public perceptions has been tainted, any company in their right mind would amend the situation because nothing is really lost by angering what you perceive to be the majority in cases like this. "Go woke, go broke" is a pretty fringe idea that most people don't take seriously.
    It's not your history dude, it's very much your present day. I think that's actually the important part of this; it does seem a very American affectation to consign things to ancient history, and therefore irrelevance, very quickly - what do they say, 100 miles is a long way in Britain, 100 years is a long time in America.

From what I'm seeing though, most posts in here are (faux?) outrage at a fairly calm "you might want to rethink that" view. I get it, most companies would actually employ people to catch things like that before they go public; that's their failure. I think people tend to forget that worse things than this get cut for the same reasons before anyone notices, but a failure to do so is no reason to leave it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's not your history dude, it's very much your present day. I think that's actually the important part of this; it does seem a very American affectation to consign things to ancient history, and therefore irrelevance, very quickly - what do they say, 100 miles is a long way in Britain, 100 years is a long time in America.

From what I'm seeing though, most posts in here are (faux?) outrage at a fairly calm "you might want to rethink that" view. I get it, most companies would actually employ people to catch things like that before they go public; that's their failure. I think people tend to forget that worse things than this get cut for the same reasons before anyone notices, but a failure to do so is no reason to leave it in.
    Yes, it's their failure not be sensitive enough to think about who they could offend with their design. Blizzard should be more cautious, yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    By the way, educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote
    Knoweldge would dissolve the arguments of the rabid crowd, whereas the lack of knowledge is the only thing stopping it from finding references about many other bad things in many other art designs in this game and elsewhere. So I'm really uncertain if ignorance isn't after all better.

As for Blizzard proceeding to change the design, we can't really blame them. Obviously it's unintended similarity, but the rabid crowd pushes them against the wall. The noise of "Blizzard puts KKK references in their game" isn't something they should be coping with now. This is just another cancel culture blatant example. Art must pass the vetting process of the censure authority. It's the same authority that insists erecting satanic statues is an art expression and shouldn't be scorned.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Yes, it's their failure not be sensitive enough to think about who they could offend with their design. Blizzard should be more cautious, yep.
    Well that was easy. Can we close the thread now?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

Just in case anyone thinks this wouldn't happen lol

No company wants this to be possible in their game, come on.
    He's still going on about others being offended by trivialities, for 500 postings, completely lacking reflection, completely unaware of the irony. He isn't interested in discussion, he's the embodyment of a victim complex and only wants to hear that he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    Well that was easy. Can we close the thread now?
    Please, don't be mad at me, but have you got Asperger syndrome?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    He's still going on about others being offended by trivialities, for 500 postings, completely lacking reflection, completely unaware of the irony. He isn't interested in discussion, he's the embodyment of a victim complex and only wants to hear that he's right.
    You're just not interested in acknowledge that that complaint is a stretch and nobody should have ever listened to those who were whining about a warlock set design. Period.

You're just not interested in acknowledge that that complaint is a stretch and nobody should have ever listened to those who were whining about a warlock set design. Period.
    q.e.d. /tenchars

Please, don't be mad at me, but have you got Asperger syndrome?
    I guess that's a no, then? That's too bad. I was hoping we were done with all the fake outrage about a minor change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they're certainly not too sensitive as to be worried about hurting the sensitivities of the likes of you by removing it.

Just wish they'd have the cojones to put out a statement like this:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...hammer-is-not/

Hilarious how many crying nazis they got rid of overnight.

Just to sum up all of this:

Someone on twitter: "This thing from Blizz testing build looks similar to this other thing. That's unfortunate."
    Blizz: "You are right, it was unintentional, we'll change that."
    A lot of people of this forum: "How dare you make this change. This is cancel culture. Listening to a rabid audience. Where does it end?"

This is a very dumb thread. The only people truly complaining about the warlock mythic tier are ones mad about the change. You are fighting an imaginary enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it looked more like a priest set but other than that there's nothing really wrong with it :-/

Well they're certainly not too sensitive as to be worried about hurting the sensitivities of the likes of you by removing it.

Just wish they'd have the cojones to put out a statement like this:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...hammer-is-not/

Hilarious how many crying nazis they got rid of overnight.
    You're not getting it. The problem is neither the tier nor Blizzard listening to those whiners. The real problem are those who see a warlock tier set in a videogame and have the imperious need to tell Blizzard that they are offended by it.

I've been discussing in this thread just for fun and laugh at all those, like yourself, who defend this kind of behaviour. But the fact is all those who were crying because the tier reminds them of a KKK habit are the real losers. Their minds are thoroughly weak and twisted. They go through life getting offended (and therefore suffering) by loads of things. Instead of coping with them and just thinking "it's just a bloody set in a videogame", they think that the correct way to deal with their feelings is whine at a videogame company.

This is all about people not being able to cope with their frustrations, and that's the sad thing. I don't give a fuck whether Blizzard changes it or not, I just see a society so fucked up that some people get offended by a warlock tier in a videogame. It's so sad and pathetic, but you can keep going with your defence trying to justify their frustrations.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-21 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not getting it. The problem is neither the tier nor Blizzard listening to those whiners. The real problem are those who see a warlock tier set in a videogame and have the imperious need to tell Blizzard that they are offended by it.

I've been discussing in this thread just for fun and laugh at all those, like yourself, who defend this kind of behaviour. But the fact is all those who were crying because the tier reminds them of a KKK habit are the real losers. Their minds are thoroughly weak and twisted. They go through life getting offended (and therefore suffering) by loads of things. Instead of coping with them and just thinking "it's just a bloody set in a videogame", they think that the correct way to deal with their feelings is whine at a videogame company.

This is all about people not being able to cope with their frustrations, and that's the sad thing. I don't give a fuck whether Blizzard changes it or not, I just see a society so fucked up that some people get offended by a warlock tier in a videogame. It's so sad and pathetic, but you can keep going with your defence trying to justify their frustrations.
    You're the one who seems most frustrated here kiddo.

There are symbols and signs we just don't use, out of respect, out of understanding of their history, of the meanings behind them. That is just what it is.

You're the one who seems most frustrated here kiddo.

There are symbols and signs we just don't use, out of respect, out of understanding of their history, of the meanings behind them. That is just what it is.
    That's bullshit. Many people talked about swastikas, but they are still being used in so many places because they've got another meaning appart from the Nazi symbol (you can find several examples in Celtic cultures and also in India). Many people still use the capirote in other countries, because it's got a different meaning to them.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-21 at 12:17 PM.

That's bullshit. Many people talked about swastikas, but they are still being used in so many places because they've got another meaning appart from the Nazi symbol (you can find several examples in Celtic cultures and also in India). Many people still use the capirote in other countries, because it's got a different meaning to them.
    Yeah, that's the reason why we see dozens of swastikas in game, too. Oh wait, we don't.

Nobody actually complained. Someone just pointed it out and blizz agreed.
    I meant this in the nicest way, but you are really the one who can’t cope with their frustrations. You are fighting an imaginary enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    Nobody actually complained. Someone just pointed it out and blizz agreed.
    I meant this in the nicest way, but you are really the one who can’t cope with their frustrations. You are fighting an imaginary enemy.
    It wasn't just "someone". Stop trying to play the victim card. There were several people complaining in Twitter. It's ridiculous.

My frustrations? hahaha It's so funny to see people twisting reality. This is like that time when there were people complaining because "only black translators should translate black people". I guess that all those who said how ridiculous that perspective was, were struggling with their frustrations too and not the other way around.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-21 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Words mean things. Symbols mean things. That's why we use them. That's why you carefully craft the wording of your replies, it's why everything from in-game guilds, to multinational corporations, to countries, religions, and various ideologies use symbolism and branding. Sometimes that association becomes a toxic statement in its own right.

They exist to have something to associate with. And we all know what white pointy hats with white robes and red trims are associated with.

Do Blizzard want to be associated with that? No. Do I, as a Warlock player want to be associated with that? Absolutely fucking not.

Most of the western world no longer uses Swastikas or similar symbols, and is recognised as insulting even in places which don't have the same degree of negative association - and most Hindus will be very quick to point out their symbol is not a swastika, and there's usually enough other symbolism going on around these things to be able to tell the difference. It's pretty disingenuous to make that sort of comparison.

Don't pretend any of that is otherwise, especially when using a national coat of arms as your avatar.