Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Don't even bother with this meme subject. The meme was produced entirely by click-bait youtubers who followed the example of Asmongold to shit on WoW because it brought views.

Even the "FF14 will kill wow" meme is entirely a WoW-centric meme; almost nobody outside the MMORPG community knows the game even exists; it's us talking about it.
    Out of curiosity, you're referring to Wow or FF14?

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post

He is also obviously a very calculated business with multiple employees; those videos are produced by editors who are instructed to make them that way.
    I don't think it is that calculated. Those guys were flipping his streams into YT content before he knew who they were. He figured it was a good idea to let them do their thing....then they all got banned, so he employed them to do the same officially.

The thing is with Asmongold is that he isn't a bad person: he simply reflects and monetizes the horrific nature of social media. He'd be praising wow to the skies if he could make more money that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Out of curiosity, you're referring to Wow or FF14?
    He is saying that people who say "FF14 will kill wow" are people mostly doing so within the wow community.

Quote Originally Posted by cardzx View Post
    He is saying that people who say "FF14 will kill wow" are people mostly doing so within the wow community.
    I didn't get that, thanks for explanation and I kinda agree here. I've played both games (currently play none due to lack of time) and haven't heard in FF14 chat about FF being "Wow killer", tbh Wow is rarely mentioned there.

Wow has only one challenger. Blizzard devs. Other MMOs are pathetic with their half made games that look like devs never played mmos before...

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I didn't get that, thanks for explanation and I kinda agree here. I've played both games (currently play none due to lack of time) and haven't heard in FF14 chat about FF being "Wow killer", tbh Wow is rarely mentioned there.
    Yeah that makes sense. I imagine actual ff14 fans, who seem to be nice people, are, well, into discussing ff14.

It seems to be toxic ex-wow players who are obsessed with this. I suspect if FF14 actually does kill wow then ironically, no one will be discussing it as no one will care that much about wow.

In Religious Sciences and other Theologies it is a clearly established fact that Converts always turn against the place they came from with even more anger and hate then other people at that directly found their way to the "new" faith. For example this very thing happened with Augustine of Hippo.

The same thing is happening here and in other WoW forums. People that went to FF think they now have to trash WoW and proclaim it's approaching doom. The similarities to religious converts is quite interesting.

So in the end I would not give anything to this nonesense. The best hint is that Preach even though he jumped on the FF bandwagon because he can make money of it and loudly declared he would not cover WoW anymore, has made several videos about the 9.2. patch. Don't believe these fools, they just literally feed of the drama.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I lost a lot of respect for Preach. He was all over the place: he wasn't invited to wow parties, wow devs didn't listen to feedback sexual harassment is bad etc. All of those things might have merit but it just sounded like a mess.
    Most of these people simply don't have THEIR opinions, they have current most popular opinion which give them audience. Remember what was problem before SL? Grind, no PVP vendor, too easy gear, warforging/titanforging. Then they praised Blizzard for listening to feedback. Then back to shit on Blizzard again when SL lost launch hype and some of these changes were bad (never admit they were wrong of course). Preach had even audacity to tell he's quitting WoW because Blizzard didn't listen to community... turned out he raids anyway, just doesn't make videos about WoW (what a coincindence it was right after scandal).

On the other said I gained respect for Towellie. For years he was called Blizz shill for defending Legion/BfA. But now he criticize SL all the time, because he thinks various player power grinds actually must exist and are good for MMO. You may disagree with his opinion, but at least, you know, he has an opinion.

2. It has no viable pvp. That's 40% of the wow player base.
    That's about as accurate as raiders that think they make up half of the playerbase..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't underestimate Riot. Arcane was a blockbuster on netflix and really boosted the League of Legends brand to non-players. They just released a LoL traditional RPG, they're releasing a LoL fighting game, they're bringing out a second season of the Arcane animated series, and they're working on a LoL MMO.

They have the money, devs, and influence to really give Blizzard and WoW a run for their money.

How many active subs do you guys still presume WoW has to be making these confident claims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Game vs. Game" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead