Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The right doesn’t even care if the kid is innocent or guilty. They just want opportunities to ‘own the libs’.
    That's the entire raison detre of the right wing these days where Liz Cheney is not a republican because she doesn't want to own the libs and respect the Fuhrer.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's the entire raison detre of the right wing these days where Liz Cheney is not a republican because she doesn't want to own the libs and respect the Fuhrer.
    Basically. The tragedy is that the Democrat party is so inept that they can’t work out how to counter this behaviour.

Basically. The tragedy is that the Democrat party is so inept that they can’t work out how to counter this behaviour.
    How should they do it? Can't really nuremberg trial the lot until they've done something substantial enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    How should they do it? Can't really nuremberg trial the lot until they've done something substantial enough.
    How do you counter an opposition party that is only dedicating to trolling? Oh, I dunno. Ignore it and smash through legislations.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The whole world was watching and can see the sorry state of the us american judiciary. It's not the first scandal, and it won't be the last, just one in a looooong tradition of racist verdicts.
    This was not the american judicial system in a sorry state. This was the judicial system showing that it works, flaws and all. It is et up to give the accused a fair trial in front of a jury of his peers. Rittenhouse got a fair trial in front of a jry of his peers. This is not a scandal. It is just the far left bully mob trying to make up it's own laws and throw its weight around to implement them to get the verdict they wanted. Based on the evidence and testimony presented at this trial, the verdict was just. It sent a message to the far left bully mob that mob rule is not the law of the land.

Also, how can it be a racist verdict when it is a white on white incident? That is a complete lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    The part of this I'm struggling to wrap my head around isn't the actual events in Kenosha...I mean if the jury thinks it's self defense and the trial was conducted in a way where there won't be an appeal by the prosecution then fine. It sounds based on what I've ready it was a shaky case in that regard from the start.

HOWEVER...you have a kid who expressed a desire to shoot people who then went out of his way to illegally obtain a gun (per federal law) and then put himself in a place where he then got to shoot people. He then fled the scene and delayed before turning himself in.

There are at least a handful of crimes in there - reckless endangerment, fleeing a scene of a crime, illegally obtaining a weapon.

Since there are multiple states involved it could be those are federal charges which is why the state didn't press charges. And I'm concerned due to how political this has gotten the federal charges won't come to avoid the perception of politicization of the law.

But one thing is clear -- even if Rittenhouse is not guilty by the letter of the law the dude's conduct was shady as hell and he's got some serious judgment, if not mental issues. And for the right wing to lift him up as some sort of star and offer him jobs in government because he killed people and got away with it says way more about the current state of the right wing.

At the end of the day there are a lot of right wingers who just want to hurt the left -- up to and including kill them apparently.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2021-11-21 at 03:17 PM.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

How do you counter an opposition party that is only dedicating to trolling? Oh, I dunno. Ignore it and smash through legislations.
    Can't really smash through legislation when not getting elected. That's what happens if you allow opposition spew anything imaginable (already do), but without even replying to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The part of this I'm struggling to wrap my head around isn't the actual events in Kenosha...I mean if the jury thinks it's self defense and the trial was conducted in a way where there won't be an appeal by the prosecution then fine. It sounds based on what I've ready it was a shaky case in that regard from the start.

HOWEVER...you have a kid to expressed a desire to shoot people who then went out of his way to illegally obtain a gun (per federal law) and then put himself in a place where he then got to shoot people. He then fled the scene and delayed before turning himself in.

There are at least a handful of crimes in there - reckless endangerment, fleeing a scene of a crime, illegally obtaining a weapon.

Since there are multiple states involved it could be those are federal charges which is why the state didn't press charges. And I'm concerned due to how political this has gotten the federal charges won't come to avoid the perception of politicization of the law.

But one thing is clear -- even if Rittenhouse is not guilty by the letter of the law the dude's conduct was shady as hell and he's got some serious judgment, if not mental issues. And for the right wing to lift him up as some sort of star and offer him jobs in government because he killed people and got away with it says way more about the current state of the right wing.

At the end of the day there are a lot of right wingers who just want to hurt the left -- up to and including kill them apparently.
    His defense lawyer aka the judge made it so that the case was only limited to the events of that night anything relating to his state of mind before and after was not allowed. Therefore the video of him saying he wants to shoot people or him going out partying with white supremacists while wearing a free as fuck T-shirt weren't part of the trial. I don't think any of them would do anything but laugh at his fake crying after watching video of him partying it up with the proud boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The whole world was watching and can see the sorry state of the us american judiciary. It's not the first scandal, and it won't be the last, just one in a looooong tradition of racist verdicts.
    The whole world also listened to repeated lies on the case. That's great for influencing political propaganda, but in a court room, the defense has the ability to present facts. Unless you want to institute fascism, your never going to get 12 random jurors to unanimously agree 1+1=3. There will always be one juror that refuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No gun charges were even in play. I suppose a straw purchase case COULD be brought, but does that seem likely?
    Isn't the guy who gave Rittenhouse the gun facing charges?

Seems odd that the buyer would face charges but the one giving the money wouldn't.
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Unless you want to institute fascism, your never going to get 12 random jurors to unanimously agree 1+1=3. There will always be one juror that refuses.
    Do I need to list to you the number of times juries screwed up? everything plays a part in shaping the trial scope, quality of lawyers and judge. If you are poor and get a public defender who just had 10 seconds looking at your file good luck getting a not guilty verdict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    the verdict was unanimous.
    Why do you keep bringing this up like it has meaning? Every verdict is unanimous.

The fact it took 24(ish) hours to reach a verdict indicates that it wasn't so cut-and-dry as you all want to make it sound.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark Levin weighs in...

This is BEFORE the verdict, just to be clear.

Isn't the guy who gave Rittenhouse the gun facing charges?

Seems odd that the buyer would face charges but the one giving the money wouldn't.
    Its not odd at all, if a minor gives you $10 for a pack of cigarettes and you buy it for them. You are in trouble the most, not them.

10+ Year Old Account
    His defense lawyer aka the judge made it so that the case was only limited to the events of that night anything relating to his state of mind before and after was not allowed. Therefore the video of him saying he wants to shoot people or him going out partying with white supremacists while wearing a free as fuck T-shirt weren't part of the trial. I don't think any of them would do anything but laugh at his fake crying after watching video of him partying it up with the proud boys.
    Yeah -- it's definitely a grey area. If someone intentionally puts themselves in harms way with intentions of doing violence does self-defense still apply? Apparently the answer is yes. Which certainly creates some problematic outcomes for people itching to do violence but want cover to do so.

And I didn't even include his partying with white supremacists afterwards in my list of poor judgment.

And yet this is the kid the right wing wants to raise as a role model. What is happening?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its not odd at all, if a minor gives you $10 for a pack of cigarettes and you buy it for them. You are in trouble the most, not them.
    But we're talking about a gun, not a pack of cigarettes. The person supplying the cash should face consequences as well -- if nothing else being barred from owning firearms in the future.
    Forum badass alert:

Yeah -- it's definitely a grey area. If someone intentionally puts themselves in harms way with intentions of doing violence does self-defense still apply? Apparently the answer is yes. Which certainly creates some problematic outcomes for people itching to do violence but want cover to do so.

And I didn't even include his partying with white supremacists afterwards in my list of poor judgment.

And yet this is the kid the right wing wants to raise as a role model. What is happening?
    As a previous poster stated it's all about triggering the libs they don't care about anything else, they would support anyone to get a reaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a previous poster stated it's all about triggering the libs they don't care about anything else, they would support anyone to get a reaction.
    An entire political demographic that exists solely to troll people. If it wasn't for memes and violence the modern right-wing wouldn't have anything.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Why do you keep bringing this up like it has meaning? Every verdict is unanimous.

The fact it took 24(ish) hours to reach a verdict indicates that it wasn't so cut-and-dry as you all want to make it sound.
    IT took 24 hours because the far left bully mob tried to intimidate the jury by promising violence if there was an acquittal, The facts were clear. IT was cut and dry. THe extra time took were due to outside circumstances and taking time to ensure they didn't reach a hasty decision.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Isn't the AR-15 the civilian version of the Armalite AR-15/M16? That was my understanding, and those weapons were initially made for war and sold to the US military, so it makes sense that people would naturally associate the civilian version with the original version intended for use (and used) by the military.
    I have a .22 rifle that is functionally the same as a ar-15. Only difference is how it looks.

There is no real difference between hunting rifles and "weapons of war" main difference being looks.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Show me one link or quite where anyone on the right is calling Rittenhosue a role model.

The lying here needs to stop.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-11-21 at 03:41 PM.