Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    But we're talking about a gun, not a pack of cigarettes. The person supplying the cash should face consequences as well -- if nothing else being barred from owning firearms in the future.
    The adult making the purchase is always the one with the heaviest punishment's, doesn't matter what they buy. A minor is not forcing you to commit the crime sorry.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Fa;se. it was concluisively proven that it was self defense and the verdict was unanimous.
    Nothing was really proven. Unless you really beleive OJ was 100% innocent.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its not odd at all, if a minor gives you $10 for a pack of cigarettes and you buy it for them. You are in trouble the most, not them.
    Exactly. The guy who purchased the gun broke the law. All Rittenhouse did was give that guy money. Rittenhouse didn't actually buy the gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fa;se. it was concluisively proven that it was self defense and the verdict was unanimous.
    I'm sure Casey Anthony was totally 100% innocent too
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The adult making the purchase is always the one with the heaviest punishment's, doesn't matter what they buy. A minor is not forcing you to commit the crime sorry.
    The adult has every ability to tell the minor "I can't do that. It's against the law". He didn't do it here.

Show me one link or quite where anyone on the right is calling Rittenhosue a role model.

The lying here needs to stop.
    Donald Trump, Michael Flynn, several members of congress.

but you wanted links

From the Top

Trump Boasts He ‘Saved Kenosha,’ Praises Rittenhouse as ‘Brave’ in Fox News Interview

To the bottom

GOP Senate hopeful: 'Mass murderer' Fauci should be jailed and 'American hero' Rittenhouse should walk free

a basic google search would have saved you the humiliation of course I am taking the big leap of faith that you understand the concept of shame.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2021-11-21 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I'm sure Casey Anthony was totally 100% innocent too
    Facts there weren't nearly as clear there as they were here, hence Casey was acquitted. That;s called reasonable doubt. It's what the facts are, not what you spin them to be. You don't get to make up what the law is to suit your needs.

The far left bully mob doesn't want to follow the law. They want to make their own up as they go along to go after and eliminate whoever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Facts there weren't nearly as clear there as they were here, hence Casey was acquitted. That;s called reasonable doubt. It's what the facts are, not what you spin them to be. You don't get to make up what the law is to suit your needs.

The far left bully mob doesn't want to follow the law. They want to make their own up as they go along to go after and eliminate whoever they want.
    How was it conclusively proven then? You are making the claim that since the jury voted not guilty it's conclusive. Well in that case it's conclusive that OJ and Casey are both 100% innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT took 24 hours because the far left bully mob tried to intimidate the jury by promising violence if there was an acquittal, The facts were clear. IT was cut and dry. THe extra time took were due to outside circumstances and taking time to ensure they didn't reach a hasty decision.
    Nice fantasy. None of this you can back up with facts. Meanwhile it's common consensus that the longer a jury takes that tougher it was to reach a verdict.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me one link or quite where anyone on the right is calling Rittenhosue a role model.

The lying here needs to stop.
    two congressmen have offered him jobs. No application, no interview.

Which you know. Who is lying now?

- - - Updated - - -

And the minor was still in a possession of an illegally obtained weapon which was used to kill people. There should be consequences on both sides to that.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

And the minor was still in a possession of an illegally obtained weapon which was used to kill people. There should be consequences on both sides to that.
    Thats what Rittenhouse trial was for.... he was found not guilty at least on state level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. The guy who purchased the gun broke the law. All Rittenhouse did was give that guy money. Rittenhouse didn't actually buy the gun.
    Man you really worship this guy huh? I'm sure in your fantasy Rittenhouse just coincidently gave someone a wad of cash at the same time they coincidently gave him a gun. No buying here, no sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what Rittenhouse trial was for.... he was found not guilty at least on state level.
    Care to show me where they jury reached a not guilty verdict on weapon charges?
    Forum badass alert:

They didnt, it was removed because the barrel size made it legal for him to carry it, not own it. Its kinda easy to explain if you are 16, you cant own any rifle, however its not illegal for you to go hunt with it. If you kill someone with it, the person in trouble for the gun is gona be your dad the owner, you the 16 years old will be responsible for who you killed.

Now you can argue the laws are shit, but thats a different discussion. The point is dont give kids stuff they cant legal own or buy.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-11-21 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If it was based on going hunting the only prey in the area was humans..l
    Its not based on anything, again its your gun, you are liable for it. Rittenhouse was responsible for killing people with it and thats what the trial came down to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you can argue the laws are shit, but thats a different discussion. The point is dont give kids stuff they cant legal own or buy.
    Well that's what I'm doing - there should be some consequence to the user of an illegal weapon. And I also brought up the possibility of federal charges. But I think that's unlikely.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself with your complete lack of understanding when it comes to matters of law.

Nothing was "conclusively proven". The best you have is that, per Wisconsin's shit laws and the judge's malfeasance, the jury was not able to perfectly disprove self-defense. In no way does this verdict mean that Rittenhouse is innocent. That's simply not the way it works.

And for the umpteenth time, of course the verdict was unanimous; it has to be, by definition.

Isn't the guy who gave Rittenhouse the gun facing charges?

Seems odd that the buyer would face charges but the one giving the money wouldn't.
    Black is only facing state felony charges so far, and they're apparently not related to the actual sale of the firearm. Those crimes are federal, and both parties can still be charged with them.

That doesn't absolve Rittenhouse. He's still guilty of conspiracy to violate federal law, which is a crime. He absolutely could be charged in connection with the 100% illegal purchase of the rifle.

Again, both parties have literally admitted this crime, in full, under testimony.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Nice fantasy. None of this you can back up with facts. Meanwhile it's common consensus that the longer a jury takes that tougher it was to reach a verdict.
    Not fantasy. It was all out there. You had fat left nuts including politicos threatening vkiolene if an acquittal occurred. Hell, you literally had a MSNBC reporter stalk the jury bus. The only fantasy is the far left mob trying to act like everything they did never happened and act innocent after the fact.

two congressmen have offered him jobs. No application, no interview.

Which you know. Who is lying now?
    So now a job offer made as a political stunt solely to get attention = calling someone a role model? That is beyond a complete stretch. The only one lying is still you.

You still didn't list any crimes Rittenhouse committed. He was legally able to possess the gun and was found not guilty on all charges. The law is the law. This isn't mob rule. You don't get to make them up as you go along to suit an agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Man you really worship this guy huh? I'm sure in your fantasy Rittenhouse just coincidently gave someone a wad of cash at the same time they coincidently gave him a gun. No buying here, no sir.
    Nope. I deal with the facts and laws as written. You want to enforce mob ruie by completely ignoring the laws and facts while making up your own. And again, all the adult had to do was say "No I can't because I cannot purchase it legally". The mental gymnastics you are using to twist this to punish a guy is staggering.

They threw the charge out because he was legally allowed to carry it under the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Wisconsin is a big hunting state, so a number of the gun laws regarding minors were written with this in mind. The idea is that the minor would be ale to use the gun while hunting in the woods with an adult present. Now the judge did say the law was too vague, so the Wisconsin legislature will have to clean that up to be specifically clear on what is legal.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-11-21 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now a job offer made as a political stunt solely to get attention = calling someone a role model?
    That's... exactly what it is.

You still didn't list any crimes Rittenhouse committed. He was legally able to possess the gun and was found not guilty on all charges. The law is the law. This isn't mob rule. You don't get to make them up as you go along to suit an agenda.
    Aww, you can ignore the many times it's been posted, but you're still wrong, and I'll still correct you, champ. He might have been legally allowed to carry a rifle similar to the one he was carrying, but the actual rifle he was carrying was an illegally purchased rifle, for which he can face federal charges.

Nope. I deal with the facts and laws as written.
    Your ignorance of the law and how it's implemented is well-documented at this point. Perhaps don't dig this hole any deeper?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Not fantasy. It was all out there.
    the fantasy part is where that caused the 24 hours of deliberations. You have zero proof of that.

So now a job offer made as a political stunt solely to get attention = calling someone a role model?
    uh. Yes? Last I checked people don't offer jobs with no application or interview to people they think are delinquents. The one stretching here is you.

He was legally able to possess the gun
    no he wasn't.

and was found not guilty on all charges.
    none of which included weapon charges
    Forum badass alert:

the fantasy part is where that caused the 24 hours of deliberations. You have zero proof of that.
    YOu have zero proof of any of you fantasies,and the threats of violence if an acquittal is reached is on social media no matter how ,much you isist it didn't happen.

uh. Yes? Last I checked people don't offer jobs with no application or interview to people they think are delinquents. The one stretching here is you.
    Wow this is not even remotely an argument. Offering someone a job does not = calling someone a role model. Just stop.

no he wasn't.
    yes he was. That is why the charge was thrown out. Stop lying.

none of which included weapon charges
    Because the gun charge was thrown out. He was ruled to have been legally able to possess the gun.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-11-21 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the threats of violence if an acquittal is reached is on social media no matter how ,much you isist it didn't happen.
    No, this is a right-wing fiction.

Offering someone a job does not = calling someone a role model. Just stop.
    A Congressional internship is not just "a job". It's a sign of support of the future of the intern by the Congressperson.

yes he was. That is why the charge was thrown out. Stop lying.
    The state charge was unrelated to the reason why he was in illegal possession of the rifle. Keep up.

Because the gun charge was thrown out. He was ruled to have been legally able to own the gun.
    No, he was ruled to have been not unable to carry the firearm, which was the charge. The firearm was still illegal, and he was still in illegal possession according to federal laws.

I'm getting the sense that you've put me on ignore now, because you keep getting schooled. You never admitted that you were either lying or just laughably wrong about Rittenhouse being sued.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils