Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Some of the mythic variants are cool, at least. I wont be playing until 10.0 at the soonest though, so I'll be able to go back and farm them :^)

Nahh, you won't in 10.0 right away. With how fu*ked up they made the scanling of trying to Solo Legion Raids even after this long time in SL. It will not be until atleast either 11.0 or 12.0 you can solo Sepulcher raid.

So you gonna wait atleast 6 years more max.

10+ Year Old Account
    We needed this thread, again.

The 9.2 sets look like they were designed by one guy in a single meth fueled binge. As someone who used to combine amphetamines with creative work, I know what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Nahh, you won't in 10.0 right away. With how fu*ked up they made the scanling of trying to Solo Legion Raids even after this long time in SL. It will not be until atleast either 11.0 or 12.0 you can solo Sepulcher raid.

So you gonna wait atleast 6 years more max.
    Holy moly Debbie Downer, all it takes is a competent, stacked PUG to clear even a standard Mythic of a launch tier by the time a X.3 rolls around. Breezed through Uldir in 8.2.5 once.

There are going to be plenty of Mog Run groups in the Group Finder following the launch of 10.0 and everyone's initial gearing.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Because it affects other people.

Are you seriously so narrow-minded and egoistical that you are only seeing the problems that only affect yourself?
    So what? You think other people care about what happens to you? Maybe some do, but the vast majority don't. So why should you care about what people do with their money? And how exactly does it affect other people? How exactly are other people suffering because of this?

You're not really upset about how this affects anyone else. You're just complaining to hear yourself complain.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Clearly taste is diffrent, i would use any of those 9.2 sets above that celestial set.

Hmm, I kinda like that store set, if 10.0 piques my interest and I return, I hope its still avaliable. & I'm NOT trolling, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Because it affects other people.

Are you seriously so narrow-minded and egoistical that you are only seeing the problems that only affect yourself?
    Nobody is affected by it because farming gold is an activity that everyone CAN do.

It's not even hard.
    So if someone can't drop 20 EUR on it (which, as you said, is literally nothing because a grown adult makes way more even with an entry level job) they can farm gold for what, like 2-3 days, and they have it.

Maybe stop saying shit like "oh, it's not even worth 5 EUR to me" if you try to make the argument that it's about other people.
    Who cares what it's worth to you then?
    Mr narrow-minded egotistical rich person.

First the humble brag then the "oh, but I only think about the little guy"? Yea sure. Crawl back to your cave mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So what? You think other people care about what happens to you? Maybe some do, but the vast majority don't. So why should you care about what people do with their money? And how exactly does it affect other people? How exactly are other people suffering because of this?

You're not really upset about how this affects anyone else. You're just complaining to hear yourself complain.
    Exactly this.
    Complaining for the sake of complaining.

Guy has so much money at this point he makes money while wasting time complaining on MMo-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall this and the Faerie set were meant for Blizzcon. The tier sets shown in the patch trailer weren’t complete as far as I know. Here’s hoping they don’t remove the glow effects of the non-Mythic versions, else were in for some ugly dungeon sets.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there are idiots who support this business model, they will keep doing it. There's really nothing left to discuss about this, blizzard is a money sucking evil corp, more news at 10.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Because the spotlight is on Blizzard right now and because of reason behind that attention, the cash shop will never have transmog items I will ever want.

I greatly approve of this!
    People that like to pay for "looks" in-game are funding my M+ and raids.

The only "looks", titles etc. that matters in this game are those that can't be bought or brute forced several expansions later.
    People that buy this set are as "admirable" as those that bought the sparkle pony when it was introduced... But they are funding our game, so we should encourage them.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Nobody is affected by it because farming gold is an activity that everyone CAN do.

It's not even hard.
    So if someone can't drop 20 EUR on it (which, as you said, is literally nothing because a grown adult makes way more even with an entry level job) they can farm gold for what, like 2-3 days, and they have it.
    Why should anyone farm gold while they could do the hardest content possible and receive the best looking set? That's the point.

Maybe stop saying shit like "oh, it's not even worth 5 EUR to me" if you try to make the argument that it's about other people.
    Who cares what it's worth to you then?
    Mr narrow-minded egotistical rich person.

First the humble brag then the "oh, but I only think about the little guy"? Yea sure. Crawl back to your cave mate.
    Just because I can afford it does not mean that the two arguments are mutually exclusive. If you think that rich people don't care about others and can't try to make a change, so the less fortunate people would have it easier then you're dead wrong and just too obtuse to realize the truth.
    About the "humble brag" - I was just answering for your ridicule accusation, nothing more and nothing less.

Guy has so much money at this point he makes money while wasting time complaining on MMo-C.
    My father was always saying that "If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die"(it's not his original quote).
    I fully agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

Why would I care about why people pays for the t-mog? Because it would affect every player.
    It always surprises me when someone asks me "how does this affect you?" when in fact almost everything is connected in some way. I am referring here not only to direct relationships, but also to indirect and distant, long-term ones.
    If the t-mog sets from the Shop will be better looking plenty of people will be buying it(that's normal in this business), but the rest people who aren't buying them wouldn't be able to have cool tier-sets, even though they're ALREADY paying money and doing harder content.
    This will cause artists to care less about creating new sets for the people who aren't paying in the store-shop.
    That's how microtransactions started... and it's going to be much worse.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-11-21 at 07:24 PM.

Love the overreactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    As long as there are idiots who support this business model, they will keep doing it. There's really nothing left to discuss about this, blizzard is a money sucking evil corp, more news at 10.
    Yeah just like every other company on this earth.

Personally I think the store set looks like BC clown gear and the tier sets look good
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

It is annoying but this is a dead issue. The player base as a whole supports it by buying it and not quitting over it so it stays. If blizzard isn't willing to address its boosting problem it sure as hell isn't going to touch this.

15+ Year Old Account

Ignore the sensationalist title. He makes the best points. The store transmog set objectively has had more work put into it. It has 3D objects on the clothing that do not exist on the tier sets. It has special little orbiting objects. The fact is that blizzard puts more work into the store stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah, you're not allowed a subjective opinion. Unless that subjective opinion is that Blizzard is bad. Then it's okay.

edit: /s
    I like how the Blizzard stans (well mostly just you) jump into threads like these and kneejerk "YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION IF YOU LIKE THE TIER SETS" when absolutely nobody has said anything remotely close to that. It shows how desperate you are, and highlights that you really have nothing of value to add.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    It is annoying but this is a dead issue. The player base as a whole supports it by buying it and not quitting over it so it stays. If blizzard isn't willing to address its boosting problem it sure as hell isn't going to touch this.
    It does kind of feel like a new line has been walked over when it comes to the overall serious theme of the Store-Bought Transmogs.

The Fae Party outfit seemed pretty harmless, and that kind of stuff is it's own safe space of cash cosmetics, but the Celestial Observer set is a bold step into Serious Fantasy cash cosmetics.

This kind of set I might have preordered 10.0's Heroic edition or whatever if it was attached to it, like I did for SL and The Eternal Traveler's Garb.
    Unless randomly gifted $25, I have no intention of buying this on it's own. Even then I'd think hmm could get a lot of groceries with that.

But yea, you are right at the end of the day that it won't stop. It's just a bit concerning to see them fully embrace this Shop Exclusivity practiced with Mounts for some time possibly bleeding into Armor now.

I've always said, WoW's kind of like modern day digital action figures and this stuff goes to show lol
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    It does kind of feel like a new line has been walked over when it comes to the overall serious theme of the Store-Bought Transmogs.

The Fae Party outfit seemed pretty harmless, and that kind of stuff is it's own safe space of cash cosmetics, but the Celestial Observer set is a bold step into Serious Fantasy cash cosmetics.

This kind of set I might have preordered 10.0's Heroic edition or whatever if it was attached to it, like I did for SL and The Eternal Traveler's Garb.
    Unless randomly gifted $25, I have no intention of buying this on it's own. Even then I'd think hmm could get a lot of groceries with that.

But yea, you are right at the end of the day that it won't stop. It's just a bit concerning to see them fully embrace this Shop Exclusivity practiced with Mounts for some time possibly bleeding into Armor now.

I've always said, WoW's kind of like modern day digital action figures and this stuff goes to show lol
    It has been slowly reaching deeper and deeper over time. They never charge money flat out for new items instead they get players used to it first. Transmog was at first a collectors edition, then a sub reward then cash. Toys started out to fund epsorts...

My bet is they will add weapon illusions soon as its a rather unexplored cosmetic option compared to the other ones and they already tied it to a collectors edition once.

I do wish the new tier didn't look so ugly compared to the cash shop but if its anything like mounts in the expansion after next raid gear should be on the level of the cash shop set now.