Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm on your side, that post was 100% sarcasm.
    LMFAO oh okay I considered that but just wasn't sure. Nicely done haha
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

The Life Cycle of a Political Thread on MMO-Champion

Stage 1: Conception & Incubation

- Somewhere, a shitposter on MMO-Champion creates a level 1 character, then goes on the WoW Forums under that name to post a concern-trolling bait post about how Tyrande's bare ankles are an affront to modern society at 7:45am. During this time, 345 people individually respond to this post—as most people in the 21st century completely lack any form of critical thinking capacity, the vast majority of responses consist of people assuming absolute legitimacy and arguing with a brick wall who will invariably continue to produce non-arguments which will infuriate their interlocutors, causing them to post more and the post count to go up.
    - Three hours later, with 950 posts now having been made in response to the aforementioned bait thread, a seventeen-year old intern hired to replace the entire PR team following its mass suicide last week comes across the post.
    - Owing to his inability to read large sentences without undergoing a serious panic attack and collapsing, the intern reads the first post and assumes that the large number of posts are from similar concerned citizens, and not idiots with all the brain function of a fish continuously feeding the troll. He determines this is truly an important problem to solve, so sends this to the desk of the panicked executives, many of whom are presently jumping out of windows after being accused of horrible sexual misconduct against their employees.
    - A frantic executive writes out an email to the developers demanding that they alter Tyrande's model IMMEDIATELY to cover her ankles throughout all versions of the game, all cinematics, and to ensure that all dialogue is re-recorded to include mentions of her covered ankles. The same intern is then told to write an apology online to the nonexistent concerned citizens insisting that Blizzard wants to facilitate a culture of diversity and equality and promising that they are heard and understood, and that they have also had concerns about this issue that they paradoxically didn't realize before now.
    - Several YouTubers praise Blizzard for this stunning and brave decision, determining that this is truly what was needed to fix Blizzard after the horrible, horrible crimes that were just revealed. Covering Tyrande's ankles has absolved Blizzard entirely.

Stage 2: Birth & Infancy

- During this time, an incensed MMO-Champion user comes across this news article. Being banned on fourteen accounts from the WoW Forums for hate speech, doxxing, advocacy for slavery and using them as a front for his money-laundering operation, this concerned user posts on the MMO-Champion forums instead. He provides a link to the original post, which absolutely no-one will read. Instead, he offers a quotation from the article which is manipulatively chosen to make the already-disastrous decision look even more mind-numbingly stupid. This suffices for everyone who goes through the post.
    - In the next several seconds, four to five retards manage to post in quick succession on an otherwise-small forum, each of them accusing the WoW devs of being "NPCs", or individuals entirely lacking in individuality, critical thinking skills, or the ability to behave in any way beyond the capacities of a mindless automaton whilst simultaneously all creating posts which invariably contain the words "woke", "society", "shill", or any combination of the above. Entirely lacking in self-awareness or intelligence, they begin mass-posting about how Blizzard has truly kowtowed to the masses and that this minor change in their video game that barely anyone actually plays anymore and has lost all cultural relevancy is actually just a microcosm of the "woke" decay of western society.
    - This continues for several pages, until around page ten, when Becky (age 16, internet keyboard warrior, Aquarius, approx. IQ of 95) decides to chime in to defend Blizzard for their decision, explaining that it was absolutely necessary and a welcome change to the culture of toxicity which previously thrived at Blizzard. She single-handedly doubles the number of pages simply from arguing with the mentally-deficient brick walls in such a manner that only attracts more of the aforementioned mentally-deficient brick walls, making the thread appear larger than it actually is and ensuring that the Not-NPCs do not realize that they are not, in fact, a silent majority finally voicing their important opinions on a cultural cornerstone, but instead a bunch of lunatics whinging about nonsense no one actually cares about.

Adulthood & Development
    - Eventually, Becky is confronted with a posters who will unfailingly recurringly post throughout the entire thread, singlehandedly keeping it alive—this is the original poster, desperate not to lose his little bit of internet attention, better known as Brad, or SylvanasThighs88 as he is called on MMO-Champion (age 14, read Mussolini's Wikipedia page once and is now wholly devoted to "preserving values". LARPs as an Alliance Human, constantly complaining about """"Orcs"""". IQ of 170 according to an online test he took, actually generously ~85.)
    - It takes three posts before Becky is unable to come up with a logical retort to one of Brad's arguments. This is not because Brad's argument is good, but it's because Becky is too stupid to realize that Brad doesn't have an argument at all, and she confuses her inability to parse it for it actually being good. She decides to use an Ad Hominem attack, explaining that she knows a cousin's friend who was maybe sexually harassed once (she doesn't really remember) and that this means that by defending Tyrande having bare ankles, you are defending sexual harassment and this is an endorsement of all sex criminals. You are a monster and are yourself a sex criminal for defending it.
    - Brad, hiding his offense, insists that sex criminals at Blizzard happened a long time ago, so therefore sexual harassment isn't a problem anymore at all in any capacity. Clearly, he explains, Becky is simply being offended at a non-issue that isn't relevant anymore. Sure, there is sexual harassment now, but it's not that kind of sexual harassment in that particular circumstance. He explains that she needs to stop being childish and emotional, whilst crying behind the screen that he can no longer see Tyrande's ankles.
    - During this time, one gullible idiot tells the other gullible idiots he doesn't like off with a word which has more than two syllables. Brad spends the rest of the argument rambling in polysyllabic nonsense after his sense of intellectual superiority is shattered because he had to look up the meaning of a word. To help him out, he purchases a Ouija Board from Hasbro at a local store (his mom drives him). After looking around for a "Weeji Bored", he eventually finds out what they're actually called and uses it to contact Odin. However, Odin doesn't exist, and instead he contacts the spirit of Francis Parker Yockey, who comes out of hell to possess him.
    - Now possessed by Francis Parker Yockey, Brad can finally make arguments using big words that aren't actually impressive. He continues to insist that this problem is absolutely a serious problem—something of a microcosm of the decline of the west, which is absolutely happening because of "wokeness" (refuses to define).
    - New people continue to visit as this increasingly-deranged """"conversation"""" finally devolves into complete nonsense, or moreso than it already was.

Stage 3: Old Age

- In the days that followed, the legend of the Tyrande Ankle Thread faded, and there were no... new visitors to the thread. Days later, when a mysterious alteration to a recognized poster's signature appeared, interest re-appeared in the thread. Discussion was prompted again, and people began to spam new threads that the moderators locked down immediately. Only two remained posting in the depths of the thread, at the Tyrande Ankle Thread, waiting for their new flame war to begin again.
    - At this point, although new posters had begun to enter at times, the thread has become entirely unsavable. What already started off terribly has begun to spiral out of control. There have been at least fifty to one hundred pages, and the mods have not thought to lock it. There are no new arguments, but instead the same arguments continue to recurse over and over again, with Becky and the long-since-possessed-by-Yockey's-ghost Brad continuing to argue about topics which may now be entirely unrelated, yet which still managed to add barely anything to the conversation. By this point, some horrible Twitter roleplay in which Becky participated has been dug up, and now both sides have become completely unreasonable (even though they already were close to that). Their arguments are incoherent, seemingly only existing to continue the argument for its own sake.
    - Eventually, there is one new recurring visitor to the thread—TeldrassilBBQ, better known as Chad, a formerly-sensible user who decided to become a shitposter after being confronted with the display of stupidity which finally made him lose all faith in online debate and the dream of a reasonable WoW community.
    - At times, some poor innocent will hop into the thread, hoping to find out what all the fuss is about. They will be confronted with at least seventy pages by this point, up to around two hundred, of nonsensical arguments mostly limited between Brad and Becky but with countless others joining in at random points and eventually teetering off, with some people trying to reply but getting buried under the endless waltz of stupidity.

Stage 4: Death

- Finally, Brad erroneously substitutes "Orc" with what he's actually been thinking all along, and Aucald awakens, having been entirely embroiled for the last three weeks in a forum argument in the lore forum with a 14-year old by presenting as much sincere and logical argumentation as he feasibly could despite the fact that the aforementioned 14-year old poster was obviously entirely divorced from reality, highly biased in favor of one faction or another, and clearly supplanting reality for their own. He also did this whilst simultaneously listening to a seventy-hour-long nonstop narrative podcast and trying to finish Anthony Trollope's The Way We Live Now. Aucald finally bans the user and locks the thread, putting a belated end to the travesty that was this thread and solving the issue for good.

Stage 5: Rebirth

- Chad, a shitposter on MMO-Champion creates a level 1 character, then goes on the WoW Forums under that name to post a concern-trolling bait post about how Sylvanas's bare ankles are an affront to modern society at 7:45am. During this time, 345 people individually comment on this post—as most people in the 21st century completely lack any form of critical thinking capacity, the vast majority of responses consist of people assuming absolute legitimacy and arguing with a brick wall who will invariably continue to produce non-arguments which will infuriate their interlocutors, causing them to post more and the post count to go up.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-11-21 at 07:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely envy people who can produce this amount of coherent text this fast.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I genuinely envy people who can produce this amount of coherent text this fast.
    I mostly just posted this because I'm currently writing a behemoth text on a rewrite of both BFA and Shadowlands in light of the new patches and I felt it would help me get writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I mostly just posted this because I'm currently writing a behemoth text on a rewrite of both BFA and Shadowlands in light of the new patches and I felt it would help me get writing.
    It'd have been better if it a.) were even remotely on topic or b.) made literally any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Ok you see the problem here: Something looks weird to SOME people when they look at it from an ANGLE so EVERYONE must be punished.
    How are you being "punished" by not getting a pointy white hood?

This is the kind of "issue" that shows that the perpetually offended totalitarians of the Hegelian Dialectical cult are utterly poisonous to freedom of art or entertainment. Because someone, 99% likely wasn't even black or never fought a Klansmen, identified this set as "looking like a Klan habit" from the BACK, so EVERYONE needs to pay for their subjective screeching. And that's why Communist countries have crappy art and artists get sent to the gulag so constantly: if you make a statement, or a design, or use an instrument that the political establishment disapproves of, you will go to the gulag and starve to death, and the concentrations will continue until morale improves.

Therefore, the only way of sidestepping going to the gulag, is to make everything soulless and bland, in order to avoid offending literally anyone ever, and even when you do SOMEONE will FIND or make-up a reason to be offended, like with this tier set. No one was genuinely offended by this, or any of the other things that Blizzard censored, it is just a convenient attack to gain power and control, and force all art to bend the knee for the control freaks who hate fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post

Apparently, some people have been complaining about the new warlock tier because they think it's similar to the KKK habit.

Then, this happened:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...r-build-324996

"We hear you and agree. This was an oversight where we hadn't yet fully reviewed this set from every angle before putting it into the initial test build. We've already begun work to adjust the set, and you'll see changes to it in a forthcoming build of the Eternity's End PTR."

What is wrong with society? Honestly. What is wrong with Blizzard? If you're one of those who complained about this new tier, let me tell you that you've got a serious problem in your head. How sad your life must be to get offended by a warlock tier? Why are we listening to these brain-deads?

By the way, educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote
    Way to be tone deaf. Perhaps you're not US citizen/American

Blizzard = US company
    Majority of Blizzard customers = American

People are not offended by this and crying like most of you are making sound. Rather, this type o art does not belong in current society (let alone this one). Why? because it will be inevitable where some white children (age not being a factor) willuse it to RP as KKK and continue to entertain these dated beliefs.

This is the same reason why we do not see swastikas in WoW. Yes, a variation of the swastika is used in south/east Asian cultures. Unfortunately, due to US/American history regarding white extremists views swastikas not used in WoW.

Get it?

Also as other's have mentioned this should have been used for priests at least. Regardless, glad to see the change. Now warlocks get a second chance at a cool tier set.
    Last edited by CrittenMitten; 2021-11-21 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    This is the kind of "issue" that shows that the perpetually offended totalitarians of the Hegelian Dialectical cult are utterly poisonous to freedom of art or entertainment. Because someone, 99% likely wasn't even black or never fought a Klansmen, identified this set as "looking like a Klan habit" from the BACK, so EVERYONE needs to pay for their subjective screeching. And that's why Communist countries have crappy art and artists get sent to the gulag so constantly: if you make a statement, or a design, or use an instrument that the political establishment disapproves of, you will go to the gulag and starve to death, and the concentrations will continue until morale improves.

Therefore, the only way of sidestepping going to the gulag, is to make everything soulless and bland, in order to avoid offending literally anyone ever, and even when you do SOMEONE will FIND or make-up a reason to be offended, like with this tier set. No one was genuinely offended by this, or any of the other things that Blizzard censored, it is just a convenient attack to gain power and control, and force all art to bend the knee for the control freaks who hate fun.
    You seem very insulted by this very minor change. Are you sure this is really "punishment"? Perhaps scroll up and look at the post I wrote above. I figure it's something of a catch-all response to these kinds of comments—but if you want me to spell it out for you, none of this matters. This is not a microcosm of some "woke" dystopia. This is just a company virtue-signaling and kowtowing to someone who was, most likely, either just memeing or concern-posting on the forums. It's a stupid decision on Blizzard's part, sure, but it's not strictly a bad or harmful one. It in no way should even inconvenience you.

Also, I have a good guess that you don't know what Hegelian Dialectics actually are. Here's a hint: it's not "Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis". I would be very impressed if you could actually explain immanent critique and "Abstract, Negative, Concrete" to me in detail. Good job on hitting all the marks I predicted with the poster "Brad" in my post, though! Cheers!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    Way to be tone deaf. Perhaps you're not US citizen/American

Blizzard = US company
    Majority of Blizzard customers = American
    Are you really sure that Americans > rest of the world?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Are you really sure that Americans > rest of the world?
    When they are the majority of your audience, yes.

This is just a company virtue-signaling and kowtowing to someone who was, most likely, either just memeing or concern-posting on the forums. It's a stupid decision on Blizzard's part, sure, but it's not strictly a bad or harmful one. It in no way should even inconvenience you.
    And that's how we get to the woke dystopia, "smart guy". Virtue-signaling is a sign of everyone bowing to the Dialectic.

Also, I have a good guess that you don't know what Hegelian Dialectics actually are. Here's a hint: it's not "Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis". I would be very impressed if you could actually explain immanent critique and "Abstract, Negative, Concrete" to me in detail. Good job on hitting all the marks I predicted with the poster "Brad" in my post, though! Cheers!
    Wrong, utterly. It IS "thesis, antithesis, synthesis", as that is how the Left operates. The "abstract, negative, concrete" is, in practicality, the same thing. It is synonymous, and Hegel got the terminology from Kant and Fichte. But, that's nice little attempt side-stepping the intended meaning: that all of modern Leftist ideology is based on the "abstract, negative, concrete" Hermetic way of thinking. If we "purify" the lead of society enough, through mass-executions, slave-labor, and endless bitching, our society will turn into the gold of a Utopia.

And that's how we get to the woke dystopia, "smart guy". Virtue-signaling is a sign of everyone bowing to the Dialectic.

Wrong, utterly. It IS "thesis, antithesis, synthesis", as that is how the Left operates. The "abstract, negative, concrete" is, in practicality, the same thing. It is synonymous, and Hegel got the terminology from Kant and Fichte. But, that's nice little attempt side-stepping the intended meaning: that all of modern Leftist ideology is based on the "abstract, negative, concrete" Hermetic way of thinking. If we "purify" the lead of society enough, through mass-executions, slave-labor, and endless bitching, our society will turn into the gold of a Utopia.
    I love how me talking about facts has you under the impression I'm trying to convey intelligence.

Also, "wrong, utterly". You aren't understanding Hegelian dialectics. It's an elaboration on the Kantian dialectical system by streamlining them and giving them a more advanced translation that clarifies exactly why the Abstract develops or encounters its Negative. "Thesis, antithesis, synthesis" exists in any state. It's just a resolution for conflict. Hegelian dialectics exist in a specific environment—the abstract develops the negative because it is too abstract, and the negative is used to make it real, or "concrete". Furthermore, your argument holds no water and makes no sense. Give me a reason as to how this minor change in a video game is remotely indicative of a failing of society—better yet, explain it through Hegelian terminology. You won't be able to, dude.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-11-21 at 08:00 PM.

I can no longer decide if I would like to wear a pointy hood or not and I can no longer look like a catholic penitent wearing a capirote. Why would I want to look like that? For the same reason I may want to go out wearing a short skirt or lip gloss and growing a beard. Avert your eyes if my choices bother you. Simple.
    Just admit you're mad because you can't have your KKK transmog anymore.

Pretty racist

Imagine rocking that as a cosplay...

I love how me talking about facts has you under the impression I'm trying to convey intelligence.
    No, it's the snooty and arrogant way you present it that makes it that, by being overly verbose.

Also, "wrong, utterly". You aren't understanding Hegelian dialectics. It's an elaboration on the Kantian dialectical system by streamlining them and giving them a more advanced translation that clarifies exactly why the Abstract develops or encounters its Negative. "Thesis, antithesis, synthesis" exists in any state. It's just a resolution for conflict. Hegelian dialectics exist in a specific environment—the abstract develops the negative because it is too abstract, and the negative is used to make it real, or "concrete". Furthermore, your argument holds no water and makes no sense. Give me a reason as to how this minor change in a video game is remotely indicative of a failing of society—better yet, explain it through Hegelian terminology. You won't be able to, dude.
    Okay, "dude": the way of getting rid of racism per the Hegelian Dialectic in the woke tradition, is "non-racism(abstract), racism(negative), and anti-racism(concrete)". You can apply this same way of thinking to literally any Leftist argument, such as Sexism, and it would still hold true. This is done by taking something being non-racist, introducing racism to it, in order to get to "true" antiracism through contest and strife. Like when BLM or ANTIFA segregates people by race in order to purify themselves through the Dialectical approach.

Why would I admire racist terrorists? Please explain. And why would you assume that for me? Please explain. I mean for someone who pretends to be anti-racist and politically correct and all, look what you did here. Accused someone you don't know as a fan of racist terrorists. And you must think that was oh so smart of you. Pathetic.
    It's reduction of your argument to what's most reasonable. It's unlikely you're trying to look like a Catholic Penitent, so therefore if you're offended by this, you must have some desire to wear the armor specifically for the top of the helmet, which is the only thing likely to be altered. Therefore, Occam's Razor taken to it, and you want to look like a Klansman. It's not strictly a real accusation so much as an argument that no one but someone who wants to look like a Klansman would probably want to wear this armor. Besides, I figure a Catholic Penitent cosplay would be weird on a Warlock, but a Klansman would fit.

It's reduction of your argument to what's most reasonable.
    "Reduction of your argument to what's most evil", fixed that for you. You do this in order to easily slander and defame anyone who doesn't agree with you. It is, in short, a form of bullying in order to get everyone to side with you.

It's unlikely you're trying to look like a Catholic Penitent, so therefore if you're offended by this, you must have some desire to wear the armor specifically for the top of the helmet, which is the only thing likely to be altered. Therefore, Occam's Razor taken to it, and you want to look like a Klansman. It's not strictly a real accusation so much as an argument that no one but someone who wants to look like a Klansman would probably want to wear this armor. Besides, I figure a Catholic Penitent cosplay would be weird on a Warlock, but a Klansman would fit.
    Gotta love that typical Leftist assumption that because something slightly resembles something else, therefore anyone who liked the original look of the thing MUST BE a supporter of the KKK.

Okay, "dude": the way of getting rid of racism per the Hegelian Dialectic in the woke tradition, is "non-racism(abstract), racism(negative), and anti-racism(concrete)". You can apply this same way of thinking to literally any Leftist argument, such as Sexism, and it would still hold true. This is done by taking something being non-racist, introducing racism to it, in order to get to "true" antiracism through contest and strife. Like when BLM or ANTIFA segregates people by race in order to purify themselves through the Dialectical approach.
    That's not the dialectical approach. It's a very, very watered-down approach, in fact—perhaps read Hegel instead of assuming the funny man from Fallout: New Vegas knows all there is to know about Hegelian Dialectics. Secondly, you have argued this in broad strokes. Even despite the fact your argument is absolute nonsense—you confuse what you believe to be a common recurrence among certain movements with a legitimate philosophical basis as opposed to poor decision-making that is entirely divorced from immanent critique and associated dialectics.

On the surface, what you have done is adequate. You have presented the case for an abstract adopting elements of a negative to make it concrete. However, that is Thesis-Antithesis-Synthesis. If it's abstract-negative-concrete, applying the negative alone does not make it concrete unless it has elements that ensure it is. You're missing the connection between negative and concrete. If you're trying to assume philosophy, you're assuming bad philosophy.

No, it's the snooty and arrogant way you present it that makes it that, by being overly verbose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn
    This is the kind of "issue" that shows that the perpetually offended totalitarians of the Hegelian Dialectical cult are utterly poisonous to freedom of art or entertainment.