LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Mortis - Death
    Lumen - Light
    Ordos - Arcane
    Vitae - Life
    Umbra - Void
    Tumult - Fel
    Stop making threads about this. Nothing about the word "Mortis" showing up in another context means there are other "World Engines" ? That's like saying if there's a Northshire there must also be an Eastshire & Southshire. You get why "Light Mayo suggests the existence of a Dark Mayo" is a meme, right? Because its stupid.

3+ Year Old Account
    I miss the old lore, when Fel was just corrupt Arcane and then there was Light and Nature Magic and that was it.

It feels like they're just digging themselves deeper each time they reveal something new lore-wise nowadays, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Stop making threads about this. Nothing about the word "Mortis" showing up in another context means there are other "World Engines" ? That's like saying if there's a Northshire there must also be an Eastshire & Southshire. You get why "Light Mayo suggests the existence of a Dark Mayo" is a meme, right? Because its stupid.
    No, it's like saying because somebody in Northshire is referencing the importance of North, South, East and West there's likely to be a South-, East- and Westshire too.

Or your glass of Light Mayo having a table with the words Light, Dark, Green, Purple and Pink with Polka Dots printed on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I miss the old lore, when Fel was just corrupt Arcane and then there was Light and Nature Magic and that was it.

It feels like they're just digging themselves deeper each time they reveal something new lore-wise nowadays, lol.
    Pretty much. They've been completely fucking up the lore behind their magic systems for years now. This is just the culmination of that retarded development.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

At this rate, the final expansion's end cinematic will feature a child with a blanket over his head in a stormy attic reading from a giant book.
    MOGS > LOGS

Thats pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    At this rate, the final expansion's end cinematic will feature a child with a blanket over his head in a stormy attic reading from a giant book.
    Mooooooon Chiiiiiiiild!

I would actually like that

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post

Not even that far ago, the Void was revealed to be a force from "outside reality" that could barely interact with our world and was forced to develop weapons that could corrupt and destroy it from the inside, such as the Old Gods. If they now say that the Void was designed by the same tools that made all the other elements of reality, it wouldn't make sense for it to be so disconected from everything else.

10+ Year Old Account

He will then fly out my computer screen on the back of the Astral Cloud Serpent mount that has, eluded me for years, into the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Not even that far ago, the Void was revealed to be a force from "outside reality" that could barely interact with our world and was forced to develop weapons that could corrupt and destroy it from the inside, such as the Old Gods. If they now say that the Void was designed by the same tools that made all the other elements of reality, it wouldn't make sense for it to be so disconected from everything else.
    Not the Void. The Void Lords. For all we know, the Eternal Ones may not be able to leave the Shadowlands either, just that they have no intention to and it thus doesn't matter.

There's also the possibility that a lot of our information about the Void is flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It will be "Brew" the intoxicating power that is embodied by great Mudmug.
    Crazy you still meme Mudmug in 2021, he was a poorly underutilized character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    I think the 7th will be time, he is the big overlord, even before the first ones
    The zeroeth ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly.

All this reminds me is of Shrek and donkeys dialogue way back in 2001

Donkey: They stink?
    Shrek: Yes. No.
    Donkey: Oh, they make you cry.
    Shrek: No.
    Donkey: Oh, you leave em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin’ little white hairs.
    Shrek: No. Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Crazy you still meme Mudmug in 2021, he was a poorly underutilized character.
    If there is one good thing still remaining in this franchise its Mudmug. I hope one day he will get to avenge Master Baiter and bring balance to warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Pretty much. They've been completely fucking up the lore behind their magic systems for years now. This is just the culmination of that retarded development.
    If you think there's going to ever be a culmination to Blizzard's retardation in the story department you haven't been paying attention. They can always outdo themselves. When other writers reach rock bottom, Blizzard knocks from below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mortis - Death
    Lumen - Light
    Ordos - Arcane
    Vitae - Life
    Umbra - Void
    Tumult - Fel

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...15146701029376

Vitae and Umbra were hinted at in the Ra'den Ny'alotha fight.
    Called it a couple days ago, but I'm kind of annoyed that they're not being consistent with the Latin.

Mortis is singular genitive, so it should be Zereth Mortis, Zereth Luminis, Zereth Ordinis, Zereth Vitae, Zereth Umbrae, Zereth Tumultus.

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    so which one of those is the un named seventh power i cant recall the ones mentoined.
    I would guess it's the primordial power of creation itself, coupled with destruction. Maybe symbolized cyclically, given that there's an emphasis on fractal (endlessly repeating) patterns, and the coiled serpent / infinity symbol supposedly originates from the First Ones.

They might simply refer to it as the "power of the Progenitors" or "Progenitor Magic" or something to that effect. Visually represented by the golden fractal rune patterns we've already seen on a bunch of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    I think the 7th will be time, he is the big overlord, even before the first ones
    They've stated that Time is a function of Order, so it's already accounted for in the Cosmic Forces.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Called it a couple days ago, but I'm kind of annoyed that they're not being consistent with the Latin.
    Do you really think they would be consistent with latin, when they cannot possibly be consistent with their own lore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Danuser is just skimming this thread like

"WRITE THAT DOWN! RIGHT THAT DOWN!!!"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's also the possibility that a lot of our information about the Void is flawed.
    Selling "ultimate lore books" only to call them "flawed information" a couple of years down the line is not exactly a friendly business model, and I'm aware they've alredy done that with other parts of those books.

Mortis - Death
    Lumen - Light
    Ordos - Arcane
    Vitae - Life
    Umbra - Void
    Tumult - Fel

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...15146701029376

Vitae and Umbra were hinted at in the Ra'den Ny'alotha fight.
    What about the Fifth Element? Where does that come in?