Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I'm willing to bet they were BlizzCon/Online items before the cancel. Still considering the god awful content release cycle this expansion they probably could have just plugged them into a quest line in the new zone or something.
    I believe so too, especially the murloc bagpack, fits the Blizzcon theme.

why would you put effort and money into a product that's already sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I'd understand if people felt this was the start of a slippery slope but it's not the start. At this point we're half way down the water slide. Why continue to get vexed?
    if it was slipery slope it would be one hell of a a loooooong ride, since wrath with star pony its over a decade and we still only have cosmetic shite on store, but people started doomsaying about shop back then how the very next day you will have to buy tickets to raid (i shit you not this was actualy talking point at the time among some people) and similar shite, decade passed and we are perhaps one step closer with VERY FEW transmogs...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paris kills View Post
    Most people can not. The vast majority of players does not have that kind of gold.
    and most people dont have current mythic raid cleared, does that mean the set from it is not obtainable via gameplay?

nobody said its easy to get the store items via gameplay, however it is entirely possible

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and most people dont have current mythic raid cleared, does that mean the set from it is not obtainable via gameplay?
    For most people, yes. Unless you buy one of Mike Ybarra's runs.

- - - Updated - - -

nobody said its easy to get the store items via gameplay, however it is entirely possible
    If it's so hard to get, that it's impossible for most people, and there's a way to get it for real money instead, then most people are pretty much forced to pay real money to get it.

For most people, yes. Unless you buy one of Mike Ybarra's runs.

If it's so hard to get, that it's impossible for most people, and there's a way to get it for real money instead, then most people are pretty much forced to pay real money to get it.
    dont try to weasel out, being very difficult doesnt make it impossible, it is definitely possible to get it via playing the game, if you put in the effort
    if you cant or are not willing to put effort into it, thats on you, you are not "forced" to pay for it, as it is absolutely unnecessary

Most people can not. The vast majority of players does not have that kind of gold. They get their gold from doing callings. They maybe get like 50000 gold together.
    50k gold is 25 days worth of callings if that's literally all you do... Then there's the gold you get from quest rewards, mission tables, paragon caches, world quests, etc. You can make gold trivially easy in this game if you put in the slightest effort. Refusing to put in that effort doesn't suddenly mean that there are no in-game ways for you to get these items.

I'm not even opposed to in shop armor sets, but in shop armor sets that look like they should be apart of the current games theme is a no go. If they wanted to introduce in shop armor sets from say different cultures around the world that was converted into a warcraft aesthetic, that would be great, something that would otherwise have no reason to exist in the warcraft world. But to release a set that should be a tier set of some sort, while the tier sets themselves are HD greens and reused assets from previous tiers; clearly Blizz has learned nothing.

So I guess this is the new cash shop hate sink thread? Alright.

My opinion on the new set, I guess: It's a nice-looking set. It has an aesthetic that I can easily see people being starstruck over and wanting to put on their characters. It looks good, as it should, since they're selling it. Does it blow the quality of absolutely everything else in the game out of the water just because it glimmers a bit? I don't think so, no. I've seen what that looks like, on a game that's not WoW, but won't be named, in the interest of trying not to sow the seeds of game v. game tirades which closed the other cash shop hate sink thread. But it's my personal opinion that while all three of the store mogs look nice (again, as they should), none of them really look that nice, compared to everything else that's good looking and available to pick up in-game.

My opinion on the cash shop/cash-shoppers in general: I don't mind. Buy what you want, don't support it if you don't support it. It's neither my business to rebuke others for how they spend their money, nor my place to say where or how Blizzard is allocating its resources when it comes to the shop, compared to all the other gear they've been putting out. They're never going to close the cash shop nor are they going to let it go totally stagnant. Getting angry every time the inevitable happens is just futile. If the shop makes you that upset, you're honestly just best off giving it as little of your attention as you possibly can.

dont try to weasel out, being very difficult doesnt make it impossible
    Impossible for everyone who can't beat the difficulty. Stop defending a greedy company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    50k gold is 25 days worth of callings if that's literally all you do...
    Yeah there you go. And entire month worth of effort and you barely have anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    The fact that the set is in the store literally means I cannot get it in-game via gameplay.

That's reason enough for me to complain about it.
    You aren't entitled to get everything in game. Nothing says a subscription model has to give an in game alternative option for all items. You're paying for the service of playing the game. That doesn't have to include optional extras.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-11-22 at 01:36 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Its shoulders helm and gloves as well... could be dependent on your game settings. Also has light rays as well.
    Shoulders and helm are the norm so I didn’t Include them and the gem bit on the sleeves looks like it’s part of the chest plate but I don’t own the set so I can’t be 100% on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The tier sets literally have no new 3D mesh work that does not already exist in the game. The shop set does. Every body piece of the tier sets is existing mesh. The shoulders are just slight rework of many other tier sets that have come before it.
    This is just Blatantly false the tier sets have pieces seen on no other sets in game with pieces of armour over the thighs extra plates on the chest 100% new gloves and boots ect.

For just two examples to not clog up one post with pictures.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-11-22 at 02:05 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I’d go with a couple of the tier sets over the store one the colours are just ugly and the 3D bits looks like you picked up cosmic scrap metal and glued it to your chest.

The only thing the set has going for it is the star bits floating around.
    You probably wouldnt say this if this was druid tier in 9.2.
    Op has a point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You probably wouldnt say this if this was druid tier in 9.2.
    Op has a point.
    it's an ugly set rather it was tier gear or not and I wouldn't say it fits druids at all more so mages.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's an ugly set rather it was tier gear or not and I wouldn't say it fits druids at all more so mages.
    It fits a balance druid just fine.. It could fit mage as well, but the point is that it has everything and more compared to mythic tiersets. if you like it or not that's subjective, but the lack of 3d parts on the newly showed tiersets is not a good sign imo.

I hope the future is a bit more 2022 and not 2012 with how armor looks and animation wise as well. There is no excuse for example why we are still stuck with 2004 robe model. It doesn't matter how many differnt paintjob it gets.. chains or layers are still just painted on and painted so that it looks 3d, but it's not. That right there is just bad.. realy bad. I said it before.. but look at thrall cata model, Lorthe mar or even the newer Venthyr female. They all have working moving 3d robes that look amazing when casting etc. They use the cloth system same as cloaks.

Come on blizz.. get that shit updated to be used for players, it's been 16 years.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-11-22 at 03:05 PM.

I like the particle cloak, it matches the DK challenge mode colors a bit and hey a cloak with particle effects :O

Tier sets bonuses look awfull but there is even less mog reason to collect them.
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It fits a balance druid just fine.. It could fit mage as well, but the point is that it has everything and more compared to mythic tiersets. if you like it or not that's subjective, but the lack of 3d parts on the newly showed tiersets is not a good sign imo.

I hope the future is a bit more 2022 and not 2012 with how armor looks and animation wise as well. There is no excuse for example why we are still stuck with 2004 robe model. It doesn't matter how many differnt paintjob it gets.. chains or layers are still just painted on and painted so that it looks 3d, but it's not. That right there is just bad.. realy bad. I said it before.. but look at thrall cata model, Lorthe mar or even the newer Venthyr female. They all have working moving 3d robes that look amazing when casting etc. They use the cloth system same as cloaks.

Come on blizz.. get that shit updated to be used for players, it's been 16 years.
    The particle effects might fit balance Druids but the design doesn’t with the whole wizard hood book on the belt ect. But ya particle wise it beats any tier set so far.

As far as 3D parts go most of the tier sets got it beat with I think only mage lock and Druid being behind.

As far as robes still being the same since 2004 as classic ya that kinda sucks but the shop set uses the same thing so it’s not like they are selling us the first real robe or any thing.

The particle effects might fit balance Druids but the design doesn’t with the whole wizard hood book on the belt ect. But ya particle wise it beats any tier set so far.

As far as 3D parts go most of the tier sets got it beat with I think only mage lock and Druid being behind.

As far as robes still being the same since 2004 as classic ya that kinda sucks but the shop set uses the same thing so it’s not like they are selling us the first real robe or any thing.
    The rub is the cash shop set has more work put into it then the rest of the sets in the game currently. People are not impressed by that it just adds salt in the wounds that it comes right at the time they bring back tier sets and by what appears to be majority opinion they did a shit job at it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The rub is the cash shop set has more work put into it then the rest of the sets in the game currently. People are not impressed by that it just adds salt in the wounds that it comes right at the time they bring back tier sets and by what appears to be majority opinion they did a shit job at it.
    The shop set may very well Have more effort put into it I’m not gonna lie and say I know if it’s more time consuming to do some particle effects compared to modelling and texturing extra 3D pieces, but to say any thing along the line of “the shop set is better in every way” or “the tier sets lack 3D assets or is reusing old 3D assets” is just wrong in most cases.

The shop set may very well Have more effort put into it I’m not gonna lie and say I know if it’s more time consuming to do some particle effects compared to modelling and texturing extra 3D pieces, but to say any thing along the line of “the shop set is better in every way” or “the tier sets lack 3D assets or is reusing old 3D assets” is just wrong in most cases.
    I don't think you can ever argue cosmetics are better in everyway. People still use select vanilla mogs for the way they are designed. That said effort put into sets can be judged. I stand by what I said. I expect each cash shop set to have about an expansions worth of extra effort put into it then current offerings to be desirable.

Just like how cash shop mounts work.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can ever argue cosmetics are better in everyway. People still use select vanilla mogs for the way they are designed. That said effort put into sets can be judged. I stand by what I said. I expect each cash shop set to have about an expansions worth of extra effort put into it then current offerings to be desirable.

Just like how cash shop mounts work.
    Your right you can’t quantify better but effort obviously can be measured with things like texture quality polygon count extra effects ect.

The problem comes in actually telling what parts of measurable assets take more effort to do and unless there are people experienced with the wow engine and how particles textures and 3D modelling works in it we can’t say which parts took longer to do.