Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    who cares about boosting, it has no real impact on anyone else. If someone wants to pay real money or spend real money on gold for a boost so be it, it's their money.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Why would anyone care about boosting, so long as it isn't for real money?

Yes, you can buy in-game gold for real money, and I agree that is a problem, but I believe it should be examined separately from what people may choose to do with that gold.
    that grey area, they one you create with your moral turbilance is why they skate around with a conflict of interest and why the wow community and economy is deflating.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    Retail boosting just encourages the purchasing of wow tokens - noone is buying boosts with gold they've earned lmao.
    Classic boosting just encourages RMT.

Both are bad for the game.
    The gold comes from somewhere, the gold just doesn't magically appear because you bought a token. Somebody had to farm the gold in order for the gold to exist for the token to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    who cares about boosting, it has no real impact on anyone else. If someone wants to pay real money or spend real money on gold for a boost so be it, it's their money.
    There is problem here. All F2P games are good till that exact moment, when devs decide, that they need to "encourage" players to pay for microtransactions. I.e. if devs will decide, that boosts are more profitable for them, game will be designed around them. And it already happens.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    I literally buy boosts every expansion with money I make from AH. Argument wrecked.
    Uff... there is a certain level of arrogance in thinking "I = Everyone". You displayed it in full glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Uff... there is a certain level of arrogance in thinking "I = Everyone". You displayed it in full glory.
    Not really when it's a personal response to "noone is buying boosts with gold they've earned lmao". Besides no one here really knows how many or what percentage of token sales are used for boosts. That's one reason why these threads are so annoying; people stating as fact stuff they have no way of knowing as a fact.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The problem is actually selling tokens for real money. That's what we should have long threads complaining about. That's the root of the P2W evil here.
    There are long threads about it. And there is certainly no consensus that tokens are either a problem or P2W. Yet still a lot of people like to claim these things as facts in spite of consistently failing to put together a decent argument to support their notion.

I mean most people here who dislike tokens can't even explain why, except to state that it's P2W therefore it must be bad.

- - - Updated - - -

noone is buying boosts with gold they've earned lmao.
    If you're going to make a claim like this you need to back it up. Because honestly, you don't have a clue what you're talking about and right now you're guilty of spreading misinformation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Besides no one here really knows how many or what percentage of token sales are used for boosts. That's one reason why these threads are so annoying; people stating as fact stuff they have no way of knowing as a fact.
    Precisely.

While I get the attraction of the argument (that most boosts are done using token bought gold), it doesn't even make that much logical sense when you stop and actually think about it. Their argument seems to be predicated on this idea that the only viable way to make gold in the game is by using tokens. But this simply cannot be true if you consider where this gold comes from.

The fact is that the players with a lot of gold in the game are not those acquiring gold with tokens, but those who acquire it in-game. People who sell tokens are, if anything, the paupers of the WoW universe - this is why they need to spend money to acquire gold. So, it stands to reason that it is likely that most boosts are paid for by players who make their gold in-game.

I take objection to OPs premise here.

I've bought a few boosts with gold, mostly some m+ 15s for new alts I intend to play down the line, a couple of HC raid clears after our guild stopped running them for the patch and usually the cutting edge mount at the end of the expansion.

The gold I used for this mostly came from boosting others, we always boost in "high" m+ (20 keys for portals mainly) then some gold came from ingame quests, mission boards, another fair chunk from the AH

When selling (or buying) boosts you really see all sorts of people, other boosters not wanting to bother their friends with their 5th alt, boosters from other parts of the game (pvp booster wanting some portals for instance) altoholics, and of course people that quite obviously either bought tokens or people that simply really enjoy making gold (Had someone we boosted teach me some really neat gold making tricks for the current patch)

Another thing to remember is, all gold is created ingame, buying a token doesn't create any gold, it simply transfers it from me to you, and I can use the funds to buy games, game time, store mogs/mounts, card packs and all sorts of other neat stuff.
    Do I make way more money working my regular job than boosting? Sure, but I enjoy playing wow in the evening, pushing some m+, then when my husband does his pvp things I go boost people or play with alts.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I take objection to OPs premise here.

I've bought a few boosts with gold<snip>
    Great post!

I really think that the perspective of someone involved (and in your case, from both sides) serves to illustrate the immense benefits that tokens actually bring to the game and the myriad of players who make use of them. This is a perspective that I believe is far more useful than those of a bunch of sideline people who probably neither buy nor sell tokens, but want to pretend that they're qualified to pass judgement.

I`m fine with furthering what can be an unpopular opinion but i don`t like boosting.
    I`m old fashioned and simple, to me if you want to raid join a guild.
    Need gold? Get out and farm it, do some profession stuff.

I know there`s a community to this boosting business but i miss the old times when the community was more
    based on social interactivity and the need to network to find likeminded friends with a common goal to raid,
    not necessarily bond around a business transaction.

GDKP especially during Wotlk were absolutely amazing!

But you can’t buy tokens in classic..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    But you can’t buy tokens in classic..
    I think this thread has already decided not to acknowledge the difference between boosting on Retail and GDKP in Classic on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Classic doesn’t even have tokens so blizzard doesn’t even stand to gain any thing from people boosting there. The idea that devs are RMTing is one of the sillier conspiracy theory’s.
    Selling me classic gold for retail gold is a very common deal. So yea, they still can and do make money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Token price is controlled by players, not Blizzard. The price of the token is directly proportional to the demand for it. And while I appreciate idealistic suggestions like, "remove botting from the game," I'm pretty sure we both know that's easier said than done.
    no it isn't
    they can 'cheat' from their best time (from classic to wrath + MoP) how it worked, boosts back then were dime in dozen, rare to none, and i played on multiple servers
    back when gold was just gold, most ppl need it just for repair for raid and consumables, which is very low that 1 day of dailies is enough for a week or 2, now gold = actual real money
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I would like to invite you to learn that context matters. My post in the context of the comment I quoted is meant to illustrate how the poster's argument is not sound.

noone is buying boosts with gold they've earned lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    I literally buy boosts every expansion with money I make from AH. Argument wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    That aside, people are tired of boosting, whether its allowed or not. They ruin the game. We're not confused about the legality of it, we're tired of it altogether and want it banned. The OP was pointing out why they wont do this is because they're boosting themselves.
    I would wager that people are more annoyed at the boost advertising rather than the boost itself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a way you have always been able to get gold legit ingame with the TCG. Its just that you had to have to spend more than a couple of subscriptions worth to make it work.
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

5+ Year Old Account

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nice ad hominem. Page me when you've got a real argument.
    Now that's rich coming from someone with a habit of calling his opponents cynics, jaded, haters, etc. Pots and kettles, and what not
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

If there is someone better than you then boosting exists. In raiding guilds only bad players get rewarded cause they get free boost.