Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Zereth Mortis Size Compared With Shadowlands & BFA Zones

The main area appears to be approximate the same size as Nazjatar - and about as big as the Maw & Korthia combined.

(This to-scale raw minimap data is from wow.tools, you can download minimap data from all areas from any patch there - including PTR)
    Last edited by EntertainmentNihilist; 2021-11-23 at 08:47 AM.

Does it really matter?

People care about raids and dungeons the meat and potatoes of wow. How big they make the mindless grind zone isn't really a selling point. I would argue a bigger zone is worse then a smaller one.

The actual size of the land mass has very little importance.

Thanks for posting the comparison. Looks like an interesting map.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    The main area appears to be approximate the same size as Nazjatar - and about as big as the Maw & Korthia combined.
    Hopefully the layout of ZM won't be anything like Nazjatar's though. Boy that place sucked donkey #$&%, especially without flight ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Does it really matter?

People care about raids and dungeons the meat and potatoes of wow. How big they make the mindless grind zone isn't really a selling point. I would argue a bigger zone is worse then a smaller one.
    Seeing as many more people will be playing that zone than will do the raid, yes it matters. A lot. Not everyone is like you. Not even everyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Seeing as many more people will be playing that zone than will do the raid, yes it matters. A lot. Not everyone is like you. Not even everyone here.
    If they didn't tie power to it that couldn't be gotten from anywhere else it would be a ghost town after a week.

Could care less about zone side. I'll be in raids/dungeons same as always. patch could be a room full of doors to dungeons and raids for all i care lol

Does it really matter?

90% of players do not raid and only play the zones.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter?

It suddenly does matter when new zone is small or it's revamp, which can be used to shit on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Could care less about zone side. I'll be in raids/dungeons same as always. patch could be a room full of doors to dungeons and raids for all i care lol
    You mean couldn't, as "could care less" means you actually care a fair amount.

Anyway I'm thankful for the comparison, I find it neat, if nothing else. Decent size, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    You mean couldn't, as "could care less" means you actually care a fair amount.

Anyway I'm thankful for the comparison, I find it neat, if nothing else. Decent size, too.
    For the sake of contrarian-isms, I probably could care less which doesn't mean that I care to any serious degree but that my degree of care is on the lower end of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I mean, yeah - but I think it's nice to get an idea of the scale of the zone. That wasn't really clear at all from the previews.

Does it really matter?

This is why WoW is on the down spin. Competitive raids and dungeons is why most players are leaving. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    90% of players do not raid and only play the zones.
    I don't actually believe you to be honest. Now they might only do auto queue content but I don't believe people enjoy the zone that much.

I don't actually believe you to be honest. Now they might only do auto queue content but I don't believe people enjoy the zone that much.
    There's more variety in what different people enjoy than most people think. Some people will be bored doing something others find incredibly enjoyable. People's brains are just wired differently.

I for one, massively enjoy many of Blizzard's patch-zones. Korthia was a bit meh for me - but I loved Nazjatar & Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Of course it's the gameplay that matters, but a very small zone (like Korthia) feels lower-effort, even when it's very densely packed. So it's good that this one is reasonably sized for a patch added zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hopefully the layout of ZM won't be anything like Nazjatar's though. Boy that place sucked donkey #$&%, especially without flight ffs.
    Did that zone ever get flight enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    I loved Nazjatar & Argus.
    I would have liked them more if Nazjatar's layout wasn't hair-pullingly frustrating to get around, and Argus wasn't wasted story potential.

I love large zones, i hate it when you have stuff so densly packed that you stumble over it every 3 steps. Feels more "real" if the zone is big with some space between stuff. Its "WORLD of Warcraft" not "Little Lobbyarea of Warcraft"!