Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 9.2 PTR - Build 41089

See the front page for the latest notes.
    Last edited by chaud; 2021-11-19 at 09:00 AM.

So there was a apparent leak that didn't do numbers last weak saying Zereth Mortis was inside Azeorth, Azerite was worldsoul anima and Sylvanas was going to become the new worldsoul and "avatar of azeroth".

I laughed at it thinking even Danusers waifu simping wouldn't be that dumb.

But looking at these datamined files jesus christ he can't actually be making Sylvanas doublemegaultra redeemed and azeroths worldsoul can he? he can't be that absolutely ken penders tier with his fan fic about his waifu?

Please tell me im not the only one looking at the small icons one by one just to be sure if they add Anduin's corrupted Shalamayne as a drop :P

WoW's 18th Anniversary (New) Logged in during WoW's 18th Anniversary. OOOOooooo NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    But looking at these datamined files jesus christ he can't actually be making Sylvanas doublemegaultra redeemed and azeroths worldsoul can he? he can't be that absolutely ken penders tier with his fan fic about his waifu?
    What in the datamined files makes you think that's whats happening? (I honestly skimmed them, there's a lot there)

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    What in the datamined files makes you think that's whats happening? (I honestly skimmed them, there's a lot there)
    wowhead did a stream and theres a lot of azerite stuff, a "helm of the arbiter" and a "avatar of azeroth" line.

worry.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    A-Caroling We Will Go Use your Gaudy Winter Veil Sweater Winter Veil Chorus Book to carol in enemy capital cities during the Feast of Winter Veil. 10 points.

But... why?
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

wowhead did a stream and theres a lot of azerite stuff, a "helm of the arbiter" and a "avatar of azeroth" line.

worry.png
    That leak from 4chan (not the recent one, the older one) mentioned Sylvanas becoming the new arbiter.
    Who wants to bet that simps will default to misogyny accusation as soon as this bullshit happens?

7+ Year Old Account
    So there was a apparent leak that didn't do numbers last weak saying Zereth Mortis was inside Azeorth, Azerite was worldsoul anima and Sylvanas was going to become the new worldsoul and "avatar of azeroth".

I laughed at it thinking even Danusers waifu simping wouldn't be that dumb.

i sure hope so sylvanas is just a very simp hot looking character at least her mid riffy model i miss seeing that one have to log on heroes of the storm just to satisfy my amusements ah well... i will always have her as my waifu regardless.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    WoW's 18th Anniversary (New) Logged in during WoW's 18th Anniversary. OOOOooooo NOT GOOD AT ALL.
    Yeah, looks like they don't expect 10.0 prepatch to hit live before 2023 =\

Torghast layer 16? As an achievement hunter, this makes me sad if there's no real reward for doing it (I don't consider the mount really an appropriate reward... If it was, they could add layers forever, keep adding mounts and call it a day). I'd feel much better about this if all 6 wings of Torghast were up each week and I didn't have to wait around for the right one to pop up.

Feats of Strength
    WoW's 18th Anniversary (New) Logged in during WoW's 18th Anniversary.
    does it mean that we will have shadowlands through entire 2022 ?

FUUUUUCK.

I sure hope this isn't an indicator that we'll have to wait till early 2023 for 10.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Torghast layer 16? As an achievement hunter, this makes me sad if there's no real reward for doing it (I don't consider the mount really an appropriate reward... If it was, they could add layers forever, keep adding mounts and call it a day). I'd feel much better about this if all 6 wings of Torghast were up each week and I didn't have to wait around for the right one to pop up.
    This shit pisses me off so much. I thought Torghast for what it was, was actually really fun the first couple of months, but of course it got boring eventually, as everything. I was hoping they'd add new unique and actual crazy looking wings over the course of SL, but nope, they just almost instantly abandoned the whole thing and just kept adding more layers. They could've at least added more stuff to the Twisted Corridors.

After 9.0 being quite good overall and looking promising, I cannot believe that after such a long time between the patches they just add so little to the game, feels like WoD all over again, where they just abandoned the game after a couple of months and put everything in they had already worked on in 6.2. Not sure if I'll even care about 10.0, even if adds a fuckton of content like Legion did back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    A-Caroling We Will Go Use your Gaudy Winter Veil Sweater Winter Veil Chorus Book to carol in enemy capital cities during the Feast of Winter Veil. 10 points.

But... why?
    I was going to say I thought the sweater was limited anyway, or not the most accessible thing.

But another comment made more sense-
    As of 9.1.5 - This is now a cosmetic only item, and no longer has the use effect to "Sing a festive song". That functionality has been moved to a new toy item Winter Veil Chorus Book, available from a vendor or stolen present drop during future Winter Veil holidays.

This was done because of a change where most cosmetic items are now learned by a new "Use:" effect on them, and are consumed in the process.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=70923/g...eater#comments

Hmm the map really really reminds me of Outland with some cut and paste

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    FUUUUUCK.

I sure hope this isn't an indicator that we'll have to wait till early 2023 for 10.0
    9.2 won't happen before Feb, March is far more likely.
    Major Patches tend to be at least 2-3 months on the PTR, throw in that half of december will not be worked on because holidays and that patch going live before March is damn unlikely.
    Disregarding the impact all this drama surrounding Activison will have on the development.

Now add to this that Blizzard hasn't launched a single expansion with at least a 10 month content drought in over a decade, i don't think that's going to change in 10.0, where Blizzard probably has to do a lot of things different to win people, "more of the same" won't cut it.

Even thinking that from the Classic perspective: Everything is lining up for Classic Wotlk coming out in Q4 2022, Blizzard will not launch a Classic Expansion and Retail expansion in the same quarter.

In other words: The chances of 10.0 happening next year are close to 0.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read it with like a big, fat, iceberg sized grain of salt xD

I mean, whilst it totally sounds like it does... it does not mean it. Only from a business point of view, they would never drop such a clear hint of their future plans. Unless this is the biggest fuck up yet, in the shape of a huge "wops".

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I was going to say I thought the sweater was limited anyway, or not the most accessible thing.

But another comment made more sense-

https://www.wowhead.com/item=70923/g...eater#comments
    I thought it was because of Cosby sweaters at first.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Read it with like a big, fat, iceberg sized grain of salt xD

I mean, whilst it totally sounds like it does... it does not mean it. Only from a business point of view, they would never drop such a clear hint of their future plans. Unless this is the biggest fuck up yet, in the shape of a huge "wops".
    It would fit though. Blizzard already announced that OW2 and D4 are not coming out 2022, which was to be expected for D4, but OW2 seems to be in Dev hell right now. Now, that obviously means that dev ressources are bound to those games the entire next year, so no possibility of moving some teams around to work on the new WoW expansion.
    With 9.2 release around March 2022 and the usual ~9 months of content drought, it is very possible for 10.0 not to release in 2022. They could not keep their schedule for SL and had to delay it (somewhat understandably). But even with this delay SL was obviously cut short.
    SL was announced on the 1. of November 2019 to be released in October 2020, real release was November, so one year. The next expansion is not even announced yet, so to expect it to come out sooner than December 2022 is very optimistic.

worry.png
    Maybe us players become the avatar of Azeroth and we all need to start a new character for this revamp everyone is talking about with 10.0.