Poll: Do you think a 10.0 revamp is likely?

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would love a world revamp and retail for going "back home". Maybe they could launch 10.0 with a remade EK at launch(or half of it), then 10.1 is the rest of EK. Then 10.2 is Kalimdor north, 10.3 kalimdor south. Wishful thinking.

Point is - I would love if they did something like that, back to azeroth.

BUT - We will probably get something VoidLazersCosmicForcesUnleashed kind of xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I’ve been saying it forever now.

I bet they do a WoW 2.0 with 10.0 the way they’re doing OW2.

It’ll still be the same game and everything will carry over, but the engine and core mechanics will get an overhaul.

They’re more open to taking risks since the die hards have the classic games now (and most the player base is gone)

It’s clear as day they’re going to do a revamp of some sort with whatever happens with the jailer.

I’d wager the dragons will be involved somehow too next expansion. Maybe Dragon Isles.
    I know theres been opportunities previously in wow with a "reset" and a "wow 2", but this time with the jailer it feels so obvious. The jailer has next to nothing of build up, if we are to just "lul ez you failed, u dead now" in 9.2, thats going to be a huge letdown. We might defeat him in 9.2, but he wont fail his mission. Or something like that. I refuse to believe Blizzard just let us whack him in 9.2 already without him doing something that effects the future of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Can you answer the question?
    Just quoting the latest in a string of your posts here.

Your claim that Player Housing would take "away" from dev time is false, as if it would become a core system of the game then obviously you need the dev capacity for it and if done right then it's obviously worth it.

Pointing out that other games have player housing so wow does not is not a strong argument and you know it. I invested 17 years in this game and my characters, I want them to have homes. Just like I have for my LOTRO and TESO chars.

I get it, you are a veteran player. But that does not mean the game cannot evolve beyond a decades old constraint.

You have a clear misunderstanding of the player base of this game. Talking in the circlejerk on MMOChamp you get the impression that 12 million people play WOW for the raids and endgame content. When that's just a minority overall.
    The game desperately needs more theme park elements that can be enjoyed solo or in small groups in addition to the raids and m+.

I can guarantee that a WOW with an extensive housing system fully integrated in world drops and professions would be an enormous boost to the player base and engagement. Yes, most of them might not be like you. But we have enough cranky l33t boys in the game as it is, and too much design time spent on you never happy people. We want the FUN people back, the casuals from the WOTLK days when everybody was playing and just had unmitigated FUN in this game.

Enough with the childish gate keeping. Time to make this a game for everyone again. There's room enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I’ve been saying it forever now.

I bet they do a WoW 2.0 with 10.0 the way they’re doing OW2.

It’ll still be the same game and everything will carry over, but the engine and core mechanics will get an overhaul.

They’re more open to taking risks since the die hards have the classic games now (and most the player base is gone)
    I would argue the opposite. Essentially it comes down to if they think they can get people back with such a move and it's unlikely, so they would need a completely new audience, which simply isn't happening unless this will become battle royale game on consoles/phones, If they can't get 'em back then all of this would just be wasted investment, so I personally doubt they will try to revamp the game massively, when they know that less still earns them money and flat out releasing old stuff has been the most profitable.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-23 at 10:23 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Good riddance, honestly.

All that time & effort and content with crappy Garrison systems and (more importantly for me) set in an alternate timeline BS version of past-outland? No thank you. Spending so much time on such a bizarre side-branch story always rubbed me the wrong way.
    That´s the thing. It ended up with that feeling in general for most players I think. But it could have been much better. Draenor was a huge, rich planet... like Azeroth. But they decided to rush it down to some 4 patches of content. And just as relevant as Azeroth while at it... Orcs and (somehow) Draenei came from there into Azeroth...

Draenor could have easily taken a good couple of expansion´s time, and it could have got a lot of long lasting effects to the modern game. It could have made sense to, somehow, revert the whole Legion damage on the planet during WoD and today, we would have 2 full planets to play on... Then time travel would have been worth it instead of just silly.

That is huge possibilities for more factions, questing, dungeons... Legion X pack could have still happened later on but then maybe we would be defending Draenor from becoming what it once became. Imagine having a Legion expansion with DHs ad Illidan, where we all battle an invasion on the whole planet of Draenor...Fucking epic. Let alone the fact that we would then have a whole other "home" planet offering potential future land masses for new content...

But no, they decided to stick to half arsed time travel instead of giving it a powerful purpose, and then rush the whole thing to release something else quickly. Leaving the whole of Draenor obsolete and using about 10% of its potential. Simply deleting it...
    Last edited by shise; 2021-11-23 at 11:24 AM.

Lol, this is putting way to much faith into Blizz. As if they have some sort of master plan, there just making up stuff on the spot. Blizzards dev cycle with WoW now is painfully clear.

Release expansion with clear and obvious flaws, tedious time sinks and frustrating mechanics
    Slowly patch these obvious flaws, shorten time sinks and remove frustrating mechanics to make it seem like they are "listening to the community" and "making the game better"
    Release new expansion with clear and obvious flaws, tedious time sinks and frustrating mechanics

Next expansion will be exactly the same and if you think anything else your a fool, even IF Blizzard did a 180 and actually did a revamp and put effort into making a good game rather than a predatory game to believe they will is still foolish.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they add player housing and the ability to increase bust size on my female toons, 10.0 will be fantastic.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

You all think they're capable of making the game better with a revamp have another thing coming.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revamp, no. its too big and ambitious a project for the team that's effectively spending more time protesting (rightly so) or covering their asses. I expect there will be a degree of spit'n'polish but before we are getting into 10.0 they need to spend serious time on damage control and housekeeping on 9.2.5.

Captured Leaders actually need to go home and get their houses in order, assuming there is a house to return home too. Neither faction has had any story/content on wtf is happening back home.

Drust/Thros - mini-raid begging to happen.

Why do the Oribos Attendants look like armoured versions Mindseize Controller devourers in Korthia.

I dont want massive new content, I just want some form of closure. More than Garrosh but less than Ysera.

Player housing? Ive got a Garrison why do I want a house. A room I can invite people from my discord group to? Guilds are only relevant for as long as you are Mythic Raiding before 100 guilds kill the current big bad.

Give me some more connected realms, more allied races, heritage armour, themed skins (such as nightbourne arcane-themed demon hunters / void elf void-themed DH's).

Wrathion, where did he go after N'Zoth? Still have a giant sword sticking out of the planet.

I assume that the likes of Azshara who are now effectively "Godless" are looking for something to either fill the void or are opening communication to other parties/factions. People who loose power tend to want it back. finish Abysmal Maw raid and lets get some closure on her.

I apprecate ive added a raid but I can see only so many ways to get to the middle of Azeroth if we want to heal the wound not the shell, one is through the Abysmal Maw and "down", the other is to assume the Quilboar and their under-ground brethren have tunnels that far down.
    Last edited by Monekop; 2021-11-23 at 12:54 PM.
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

They won't revamp anything I guess next expansion will be lackluster since devs seems to be more interested farming twitter virtue points or protesting.

Why are so many interested in player housing?
    Last edited by Jabakaga; 2021-11-23 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Uh... why?
    Because they already tried it and it sucked and was universally hated as one of the worst expansion features in the history of wow?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    I can guarantee that a WOW with an extensive housing system fully integrated in world drops and professions would be an enormous boost to the player base and engagement. Yes, most of them might not be like you. But we have enough cranky l33t boys in the game as it is, and too much design time spent on you never happy people. We want the FUN people back, the casuals from the WOTLK days when everybody was playing and just had unmitigated FUN in this game.

Enough with the childish gate keeping. Time to make this a game for everyone again. There's room enough.
    Whole of wotlk was literally about raiding and easy raiding at that. Proper raid log expo.
    I dont really remember anything else then constant raiding for that whole expo.
    I doubt you even know what you want at this point but player housing wont get any of the wotlk era back.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    That´s the thing. It ended up with that feeling in general for most players I think. But it could have been much better. Draenor was a huge, rich planet... like Azeroth. But they decided to rush it down to some 4 patches of content. And just as relevant as Azeroth while at it... Orcs and (somehow) Draenei came from there into Azeroth...

Draenor could have easily taken a good couple of expansion´s time, and it could have got a lot of long lasting effects to the modern game. It could have made sense to, somehow, revert the whole Legion damage on the planet during WoD and today, we would have 2 full planets to play on... Then time travel would have been worth it instead of just silly.

That is huge possibilities for more factions, questing, dungeons... Legion X pack could have still happened later on but then maybe we would be defending Draenor from becoming what it once became. Imagine having a Legion expansion with DHs ad Illidan, where we all battle an invasion on the whole planet of Draenor...Fucking epic. Let alone the fact that we would then have a whole other "home" planet offering potential future land masses for new content...

But no, they decided to stick to half arsed time travel instead of giving it a powerful purpose, and then rush the whole thing to release something else quickly. Leaving the whole of Draenor obsolete and using about 10% of its potential. Simply deleting it...
    Honestly though, no matter how much content they made or how good it was - the BS alternate timeline crap woulda been a massive negative multiplier for me (-80% enjoyment, I'd say). I actually quit for quite some time (a few years) after WoD was announced because the theme was just so bizarre and disconnected. It's just too much of a tangent.

Another planet? Sure.
    Another realm? Sure.
    Azeroth at at different time (time travel)? Bit risky, but Sure.
    Azeroth in an alternate timeline? Meh...
    An alternate timeline of what is already another planet? No way. You lost me. That's stretching it too far.

No matter how many orcs and draenai you have - it's just too far removed from the main Warcraft story for me to care. I would go as far as to say nothing realistically possible could sell me on alt-timeline Draenor. An expansion set there is an expansion where i'm not subbed - all other factors are irrelevant.

Even though some people would complain because it would be even less connected to existing background lore - I honestly would have preferred they just came up with a brand new planet / world. They could have just had a new race just suddenly invade out of nowhere (like the orcs did canonically in WC1) through a freaky new kind of portal we haven't seen before.

It could still have led into Legion in a cool way too. You could start with subtle hints of Legion influence on this new world - and have them get summoned in at the end. After all, the Legion are (or were - prior to Antorus) constantly invading tons of worlds - not just Azeroth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    You ok buddy?
    Half of the posts in this thread are from you, mostly off topic, seething about other games and and mumbling about how housing is antisocial and should not be in the game, in a Revamp thread mind you.

And now you apparently have so much a hate boner for the game you dedicated your signature to it and doesnt want to even type the name of it because its trigger

Its called Final Fantasy XIV, btw.
    It's especially ironic given how this dude @Relapses shits all the time on people with more or less criticism towards WoW, calling them haters or other pretty names... Only to display seething hatred on his signature LOL

On the specific subject of housing, I'd really like to see something at least comparable to "hideouts" in Path of Exile, where you can choose among a bunch of predetermined tilesets, and you decorate it with a lot of things you can earn through gameplay-related achievements. Of course, GGG does some quick bucks selling hideout decorations, which I'm totally fine with, considering that PoE is 1) completely F2P and 2) all the stuff on the store is strictly cosmetic, except stash tabs. Still, you can perfectly go into deep endgame (aka "finishing" the game) without them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    4) WoW's file size is getting larger and larger as we speak. Destiny 2 showed us that companies are willing to "vault" content to preserve file size. This is horrible in Destiny 2 in my opinion, but WoW has WoW Classic to hold and preserve the old zones. They're also clearly going to continue progressing classic servers so everyone will always get to play old stuff whenever they want - if they follow the EverQuest path you can have multiple server sets running in parallel at different chronological periods so everyone has access to a game state they want.
    This was an absolutely horrible idea for Bungie to do, is an absolutely horrible idea for Blizzard to do, and is an absolutely horrible idea for any MMO to do.

I want to go to Outland on my main character. Go for a toy, or a transmog item. Too bad, we removed that entire expansion to keep file size down. If you want it, download an entirely new game client (how's that reducing game file size?) and then level (or boo$t!) a character, go get that transmog item and then realise that the two games are disconnected and you're just screwed.

Want to level an alt in your favourite leveling area? No.
    Want to RP in an area to fit your character/RP group's story? No.

This is a god awful idea.

Just quoting the latest in a string of your posts here.

Your claim that Player Housing would take "away" from dev time is false, as if it would become a core system of the game then obviously you need the dev capacity for it and if done right then it's obviously worth it.

Pointing out that other games have player housing so wow does not is not a strong argument and you know it. I invested 17 years in this game and my characters, I want them to have homes. Just like I have for my LOTRO and TESO chars.

I get it, you are a veteran player. But that does not mean the game cannot evolve beyond a decades old constraint.

You have a clear misunderstanding of the player base of this game. Talking in the circlejerk on MMOChamp you get the impression that 12 million people play WOW for the raids and endgame content. When that's just a minority overall.
    The game desperately needs more theme park elements that can be enjoyed solo or in small groups in addition to the raids and m+.

rofl -- "you have a clear misunderstanding of the playerbase"

::proceeds to speak on behalf of the playerbase::

That's not how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's 1 strength has continued to sell more expansions and print money for Blizzard. The argument is mostly that people feel Blizzard doesn't make enough money and the only way to fix that is by having WoW be literally every video game that's ever existed all at once.
    I disagree with you, if you follow the model of just raids / dungeons, once people conquer the content end-users will unsub until a new cycle of raids are released. M+ is alright, but not enjoyable / rewarding enough to infinitely grind. If the idea is engagement, there needs to be a wide variety of things to do, and those "things to do" need to be lengthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allways hoped for a "revamp" of azeroth and systems after SL. At the start of 9.1 i still thought it could happen....

Right now i really don't think they have resources, talent & time to do it. Also these internal affairs need to be fixed first, which won't happen in just a year.

When i see devs / qa / art - team members on twitter i really think many of them should be in therapy instead of working. Depression memes everywhere.

We want the FUN people back, the casuals from the WOTLK days when everybody was playing and just had unmitigated FUN in this game.

Metagaming has taken over and has become deeply ingrained into the game. You might have to change the players if you want that experience back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Allways hoped for a "revamp" of azeroth and systems after SL. At the start of 9.1 i still thought it could happen....

Right now i really don't think they have resources, talent & time to do it. Also these internal affairs need to be fixed first, which won't happen in just a year.

When i see devs / qa / art - team members on twitter i really think many of them should be in therapy instead of working. Depression memes everywhere.
    This! At this point, Team 2 is a husk of its glory days, I wont go into all the problems they had in the past years, and I wont say that Classic Team was the best.
    But even the 2013/2014 Legion dev team, isn´t there anymore.

10.0 will be good correcting some QOL issues, art, maybe simplification of some systems, but the "resources, talent & time to" make a world revamp, nah, don´t count on it.

Ah and I refuse to talk about Steve Danuser lore direction, makes me depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    I disagree with you, if you follow the model of just raids / dungeons, once people conquer the content end-users will unsub until a new cycle of raids are released. M+ is alright, but not enjoyable / rewarding enough to infinitely grind. If the idea is engagement, there needs to be a wide variety of things to do, and those "things to do" need to be lengthy.
    Obviously I can't speak on behalf of the entire playerbase but I've found the M+ model to be pretty rewarding. The guild I play with are of the same mentality. (Mostly because we're old ass boomers who've played together since Wrath.) The issue with discussions about the game like this is that very few people agree on what constitutes meaningful content; the second that two players disagree one will simply argue that because they prefer one of type of content that the other isn't worth discussing.

I realize this is a bit self-defeating considering my argument against player housing but I simply feel it'd be a complete dead end in terms of development time.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-11-23 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artam View Post
    Ah and I refuse to talk about Steve Danuser lore direction, makes me depressed.
    Yea, same. Was allways excited about new cinematics & lore revelations ... but right now nothing fits together. People waited 3 Addons to see what happens, to see the "great plan" ... and it's all just stupid and doesn't make any sense.