Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Why does the maw even exist in the first place? They aren't even sending the Anima from there to elsewhere. Why not have a giant soul grinder for any souls that can't be redeemed and/or are major threats to the realms.
    To imprison Zovaal. Thest rest only came afterwards, and the Heart of the Forest is what's upholding the no-exit field. Which is all part of the 9.0-9.1 story.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    To imprison Zovaal. Thest rest only came afterwards, and the Heart of the Forest is what's upholding the no-exit field. Which is all part of the 9.0-9.1 story.
    They already had his Sigil. Why keep him alive? They basically just kept feeding him power all these years by keeping him alive and sending shit to his realm. Atleast if they converted all the pure evil souls into anima they would have a use for the rest of the shadowlands.

They already had his Sigil. Why keep him alive? They basically just kept feeding him power all these years by keeping him alive and sending shit to his realm. Atleast if they converted all the pure evil souls into anima they would have a use for the rest of the shadowlands.
    Danuser says stop noticing the galaxy sized plot holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

They already had his Sigil. Why keep him alive? They basically just kept feeding him power all these years by keeping him alive and sending shit to his realm.
    Real question: Do we know that the Eternal Ones can die? I mean, maybe it's just fanfare but ... they are Eternal.
    There's been plenty of opportunities for some of them to have be killed but it just never happens. When Zovaal got the Archon's sigil via stabbage, why not finish killing her and remove the threat of Bastion? When they bested Zovaal the first time, why only lock him up if he was a reality ending threat - why not just kill him? When the Jailer got the Primus's Mourneblade memories, why keep him alive/chained up? When Denathrius gets his physical form destroyed, his essence just jumps into a his nearby sentient sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Real question: Do we know that the Eternal Ones can die? I mean, maybe it's just fanfare but ... they are Eternal.
    There's been plenty of opportunities for some of them to have be killed but it just never happens. When Zovaal got the Archon's sigil via stabbage, why not finish killing her and remove the threat of Bastion? When they bested Zovaal the first time, why only lock him up if he was a reality ending threat - why not just kill him? When the Jailer got the Primus's Mourneblade memories, why keep him alive/chained up? When Denathrius gets his physical form destroyed, his essence just jumps into a his nearby sentient sword.
    I'm sure they can since we are going to where they were created and we are getting a new Arbiter. I also doubt we are going to lock up the Jailer again given how easy he wrecked shit last time.

So, I've started digging in Wow.tools to search around. And I've found more audio lines from Pelagos. It was not mentioned by anyone yet, as far as I'm concerned.

"I can't just stand idle while this noble mortal fights for our realm, Kleia. I will go with the Maw Walker".
    Then a couple of lines about him finding "some sort of gate", which is closed and him thinking "the altars" are related to it.
    "We will do anything to help. You have my word". It comes after some creature says it will need our 'further' support: "You who have watched over me. You who have aided me. More is needed".

Can't say it means he's coming to Zereth Mortis too, but it is nice to know he's actually TRYING to take initiative with his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Considering the stuff Palegos said at the end of the 9.1 Campaign, plus other factors, my 2 cents is that Sylvanas WILL be the new "Jailer", but she won't serve as a prisoner (Like Zovaal was, prior), but instead she'll basically serve as an extension point, so that souls that aren't forgiven won't be fucking suffering 100%, but they won't be living the good life either for eternity, and she will have total control over the realm, and be able to talk about stuff with the other Eternal Ones on how the system's going. Would make things much better, communication wise at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Most likely won't happen, but I personally think that's the best route they COULD go with Sylvanas.
    that would totally suck, no offense lol
    sylvanas doesnt deserve to "talk about stuff and the system with the eternal ones" and she doesnt deserve total control over an entire death realm.
    will it maybe happen, bc of danuser the absolute chad? yah, absolutely. but it would suck. it wouldnt even be entertainingly bad, it would just be boringly bad.
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-11-23 at 06:22 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

I'm sure they can since we are going to where they were created and we are getting a new Arbiter. I also doubt we are going to lock up the Jailer again given how easy he wrecked shit last time.
    'A higher species can create them' != 'We can destroy them'.

'A higher species can create them' != 'We can destroy them'.
    There is no evidence we can't destroy them. The fact that protoypes exists and that we end up creating a new one instead of restoring the original Arbiter suggests that they can be destroyed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Considering the stuff Palegos said at the end of the 9.1 Campaign, plus other factors, my 2 cents is that Sylvanas WILL be the new "Jailer", but she won't serve as a prisoner (Like Zovaal was, prior), but instead she'll basically serve as an extension point, so that souls that aren't forgiven won't be fucking suffering 100%, but they won't be living the good life either for eternity, and she will have total control over the realm, and be able to talk about stuff with the other Eternal Ones on how the system's going. Would make things much better, communication wise at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Most likely won't happen, but I personally think that's the best route they COULD go with Sylvanas.
    I think the same. Sylvanas as the new Jailer is the best choice ever. She doesn't deserve a better alternative. Let's face it.

Well the Arbiter was just a construct made from the Jailer's anima - thus he just absorbed 'her' back into him. And we're not sure yet how the new Arbiter situation is going to work functionally. I'm also not sure that counts the same as an Eternal One.
    I'd also also like to note the notion of destroying/killing Zovaal at any time has never been mentioned once by anyone - only stopping him. Not saying this as evidence, just noting the coincidence.

I just see Sylvanas and her Dark Rangers being banished/exiled to Northrend to deal with the forever constant Scourge Threats.

"Wardens of Northrend" style.
    'The Dark Rangers' will take up Icecrown Citadel instead of a Lich King/Queen and alongside the Ebon Blade, safekeep Azeroth from the Scourge getting out of hand.

Sylvanas' redemption will just be a quiet return to exactly the role she played before Arthas/Zovaal killed her, a Ranger protecting her people.

It's not that I want Bolvar to stay there, but if for some reason it's deemed there is a necessity for a new 'Jailer' then he would fit the bill. He -looks- like The Maw, he's already served as "Jailer of the Damned" for quite some time, and by his words "the world of the living can no longer comfort" him.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

There is no evidence we can't destroy them. The fact that protoypes exists and that we end up creating a new one instead of restoring the original Arbiter suggests that they can be destroyed.
    Did you even think about what you're saying there? None of that indicates in any way that we can destroy the Eternal Ones. We're not making the Prototypes, we don't make the Arbiter, and the Arbiter wasn't even the original to begin with. Not to mention that us making them still doesn't in any way suggests that we can destroy them.

Did you even think about what you're saying there? None of that indicates in any way that we can destroy the Eternal Ones. We're not making the Prototypes, we don't make the Arbiter, and the Arbiter wasn't even the original to begin with. Not to mention that us making them still doesn't in any way suggests that we can destroy them.
    Nothing indicates that we can destroy a construct? We literally see the plans on how they were made. What evidence is there that we can't destroy them? Denathrius's sword sure as shit seemed to think we were going to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Well the Arbiter was just a construct made from the Jailer's anima - thus he just absorbed 'her' back into him. And we're not sure yet how the new Arbiter situation is going to work functionally. I'm also not sure that counts the same as an Eternal One.
    I'd also also like to note the notion of destroying/killing Zovaal at any time has never been mentioned once by anyone - only stopping him. Not saying this as evidence, just noting the coincidence.
    We have Denathrius's sword scared that we were going to kill him as possible evidence we can kill them.

Nothing indicates that we can destroy a construct? We literally see the plans on how they were made. What evidence is there that we can't destroy them? Denathrius's sword sure as shit seemed to think we were going to kill him.

We have Denathrius's sword scared that we were going to kill him as possible evidence we can kill them.
    All that proves is that his sword is worried we might. Not that we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I think the same. Sylvanas as the new Jailer is the best choice ever. She doesn't deserve a better alternative. Let's face it.
    Seems we may get that, apparently...

That, or some "Hero" bullshit, which I doubt.

New cinematics

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    New cinematics
    --- snip ---

So, Pelagos is coming with us and his transformation takes place much later. That's good.

Mod Edit: Don't quote a giant post just to make a one-line reply like this.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-11-24 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Removed Video Embeds

10+ Year Old Account

Saw it on reddit. Dont know if it's fake.
    OP wrote:

"If you zoom in, you can see Sylvanas probably getting her "Redemption". Anduin back to his old armor / self. And everyone else (Jaina, Baine etc..) standing before her. Expansion finale cutscene or something."

Thalysra also there. Could also be after anduin fight.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post

The good ol' WoD ending. I know we will get another meme worthy one liner. Meme one liners are my favorite. "I will never serve!"..."This world is a prison!"..."Draenor is free!" LMAO!
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."