Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Does it really matter?

People care about raids and dungeons the meat and potatoes of wow. How big they make the mindless grind zone isn't really a selling point. I would argue a bigger zone is worse then a smaller one.
    Not really true. It was always both for me. They started sucking at it bad ever since Legion (and WOD wasnt that great either), but for most expacs before it the outdoors were often fun and engaging. It used to not be so mindless, though obviously thats subjective.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Not really true. It was always both for me. They started sucking at it bad ever since Legion (and WOD wasnt that great either), but for most expacs before it the outdoors were often fun and engaging. It used to not be so mindless, though obviously thats subjective.
    The mindlessness of outdoor content started to become noticeable during WoD and its "enticing" Apexis crystals dailies, and it only became worse from then on, as each of the newly introduced systems required separate grinds to keep up to date. Systemlands is the epitome of this design philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'm basically OK with outdoor grinds so long as they aren't too long and have a definite end. For example, Death's Advance rep in Korthia would have been perfectly fine if there weren't mounts in the paragon box. Archivists were not fine in 9.1, way too long, but would be fine in 9.1.5 if (again) there were no mounts in paragon rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    I love large zones, i hate it when you have stuff so densly packed that you stumble over it every 3 steps. Feels more "real" if the zone is big with some space between stuff. Its "WORLD of Warcraft" not "Little Lobbyarea of Warcraft"!
    I really also do appreciate larger zones. Dragonblight, Barrens, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The mindlessness of outdoor content started to become noticeable during WoD and its "enticing" Apexis crystals dailies, and it only became worse from then on, as each of the newly introduced systems required separate grinds to keep up to date. Systemlands is the epitome of this design philosophy.
    ah yes, WoW, where zones that *aren't* flat wastelands are the "mindless" zones.
    love it here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    ah yes, WoW, where zones that *aren't* flat wastelands are the "mindless" zones.
    love it here.
    Funny how I didn't say a word about terrain layout, but whatever floats your boat LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isle of Thunder was one of the smaller zones in the game, and yet it was one of the more fun ones.

Size doesn't matter if the content there is good.

Problem comes when you have a small zone full of lame dailies and nothing else to do.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The actual size of the land mass has very little importance.
    Not true. Had Korthia been at least 2 times bigger people wouldn't have burned it out too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Not true. Had Korthia been at least 2 times bigger people wouldn't have burned it out too fast.
    I highly doubt two times as much boring greyish tan vaguely Oribosish architecture would have helped Korthia. The zone was small but the problem wasn't the size. It was the complete lack of engaging activities to do in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    That's just being naive. Size doesn't correlate to how long a zone lasts before burning out, or how much enjoyment it brings. It's on how the zone is filled, what activities it has, and many other factors.

Quick examples, Mechagon and Timeless Isle are minuscule yet didn't receive as much hate or complaints as Korthia. Go figure, 'uh?

Korthia could be 2 or 3 times bigger, but would still be a bad zone considering all its flaws.

Does it really matter?

People care about raids and dungeons the meat and potatoes of wow. How big they make the mindless grind zone isn't really a selling point. I would argue a bigger zone is worse then a smaller one.
    Are you kidding? Have you not seen the comparisons from past expansions where people counted pixels to determine if one was bigger than the other? People have loved size comparisons since forever to try to use as a reason. 1 expansion sions sucks over another, or how Blizzard is just lazy for making smaller areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Did that zone ever get flight enabled?

I would have liked them more if Nazjatar's layout wasn't hair-pullingly frustrating to get around, and Argus wasn't wasted story potential.
    you legit could have flying like 2 weeks into the patch that launched NJ and mecha O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Funny how I didn't say a word about terrain layout, but whatever floats your boat LOL
    But its not like its an incorrect assertion, looking at previous expansions and your opinion on them

go off though

- - - Updated - - -

That's just being naive. Size doesn't correlate to how long a zone lasts before burning out, or how much enjoyment it brings. It's on how the zone is filled, what activities it has, and many other factors.

Quick examples, Mechagon and Timeless Isle are minuscule yet didn't receive as much hate or complaints as Korthia. Go figure, 'uh?

Korthia could be 2 or 3 times bigger, but would still be a bad zone considering all its flaws.
    timeless isle was dogshit and got a lot of complaints for being irrelevant at the time fwiw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    you legit could have flying like 2 weeks into the patch that launched NJ and mecha O.o
    people rather complain than do the things

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    90% of players do not raid and only play the zones.
    That number is very extremely off, but even if it was 70%, those players are not the major revenue of the game anymore as things such as broadcasting the invitationals and pvp as well as YouTube channels provide a significant portion of their wow income compared to the people who utterly refuse to raid in a raiding centric game.

- - - Updated - - -

Mechagon kept people busy because of the different gating systems it had to access various things there and Timeless Isle was just a huge carrot on a string. Korthia's problem then if you suggest both of those were successful is that they should have found more ways to gate the various cosmetic rewards(other than making it one essentially flat island like Mech which would be utterly stupid and anyone who complains about the topography of Korthia is just <insert whatever bad adjective you want>)

Are we even getting new Dungeons ? All I heard was the Tash split,

How big the raid compared to Ulduar, Antorus, and/or SoO?

If we cant fly in Zereth Mortis I'll gladly take a smaller map that wont take forever to cross, causing me to miss rares or events.

Besides it's the content that matters. What's the point of having a massive zone if there's nothing going on? Take Kul Tiras for example. There's nothing interesting going on below when you fly from Boralus to say... Freehold, or to Drustvar or something. It's all just wide empty space with no reason for you to ever to stop and go "Ooh that looks neat" and go down to check/interact what's going on.

The actual size of the land mass has very little importance.
    As long as there are huge areas where nothing is and nothing happens, yes. But if it's huge and filled with content, I very much think the size matters in this case.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter?

You are very wrong. People want to be able to play their characters. M+ are fun for a while but irrelevant after a little bit. People want to grind reputations and, specially, people want to follow good story main quests.
    Raids are a thing of their own: you do them for a few hours a week and move on. The game continues way after that.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that it is exciting. I am expecting a half baked version of what´s to come. I believe most peopel will go "woah it sucks", but you have to consider that this is the very first patch of change in wow.

I think that we have to be smart and know how to read in between the lines of the work on this patch. Most of the important things won´t be obvious but we might get an idea of where things are heading from the details on this patch.

So yes, I think that this is a very exciting and relevant content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You are very wrong. People want to be able to play their characters. M+ are fun for a while but irrelevant after a little bit. People want to grind reputations and, specially, people want to follow good story main quests.
    Raids are a thing of their own: you do them for a few hours a week and move on. The game continues way after that.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that it is exciting. I am expecting a half baked version of what´s to come. I believe most peopel will go "woah it sucks", but you have to consider that this is the very first patch of change in wow.

I think that we have to be smart and know how to read in between the lines of the work on this patch. Most of the important things won´t be obvious but we might get an idea of where things are heading from the details on this patch.

So yes, I think that this is a very exciting and relevant content patch.
    Daily quests are daily quests. The time lock mechanic won't make them not daily quests.