Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    They just phased more so it appears less dead.
    You can see on warcraftlogs it's less people then classic and classic is hardly large.
    Heh, using warcraftlogs as a measurement of how many people are playing is the worst thing ever. It's up there with that stupid wowcensus. Both options only look at a very limited scope of the player base and only gives a small idea of the population.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The game's survived worse though.
    Has it, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Statistics from detailed websites like wcl/raiderio dont agree. And majority of twitch viewership under wow is with Classic streams. Except for a few light viewbotting top pve streamers, there isnt much viewership for retail as there isnt much going on there now. Legion TW will liven it up a bit and then it will be very low until 9.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Has it, though?
    It was pretty bad at the end of WoD. I'm skeptical to say this is the worst period WoW has experienced but it's pretty close.

It was pretty bad at the end of WoD. I'm skeptical to say this is the worst period WoW has experienced but it's pretty close.
    It was but at least the sorry state of the game during WoD was not accompanied by huge scandal reveals. Legion hype also saved it kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    It was but at least the sorry state of the game during WoD was not accompanied by huge scandal reveals. Legion hype also saved it kinda.
    The timing of the workplace scandals has been extremely unfortunate for the game. Maybe Christmas will come early this year and Activision will finally sack Bobby Kotick.

The timing of the workplace scandals has been extremely unfortunate for the game. Maybe Christmas will come early this year and Activision will finally sack Bobby Kotick.
    At this point they kind of have to (and should). If the board of directors keeps pushing to keep him I fear things will get far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    US has a 32 minute queue on battle net right now so thats either very broken or insanely crowded.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...a_ddos_attack/

You'll be surprised by how many players you can see around in any "dead" MMORPG's. WoW might be on a decline, but that does not mean that suddenly everything is empty and you are playing alone and the same goes for any other MMORPG that is out of the radar from the general public but still has a bunch of players having fun.

My point is that, even if we had official numbers and those numbers were really bad, all that really matters is if you have enough people around to support your gaming experience. This means, enough players to play organized content at whatever your level is and/or enough players to feel like the world is alive and has some healthy economy. If you have trouble finding players for some forms of popular content and the AH is a mess then seeing more players around means nothing, since they might just be 'tourists' checking out some new content but never commiting to the game in a way that could benefit any other player and what you have seen might as well just be servers doing their thing to have zones more populated. But in the end, if you see more players and you can actually benefit from it, then good for you!
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Heh, using warcraftlogs as a measurement of how many people are playing is the worst thing ever. It's up there with that stupid wowcensus. Both options only look at a very limited scope of the player base and only gives a small idea of the population.
    Yeh, i touched on this in another reply who said pretty much the same thing.
    While I do agree, i really do... I still feel like using endgame content in both games to gauge activity isn't really that inaccurate, wrong or bad.
    It's a decent metric if you don't make the assumption everyone raids.

Yeh, i touched on this in another reply who said pretty much the same thing.
    While I do agree, i really do... I still feel like using endgame content in both games to gauge activity isn't really that inaccurate, wrong or bad.
    It's a decent metric if you don't make the assumption everyone raids.
    Yeah, the problem is that *most* people assume that and then we get all these wild predictions. I can't remember the exact number, but I know at one point Blizzard said only about 10-20% of the player base actually steps foot in a raid. Though we'll get people who claim that is 100% and whatever you see there is how many are playing. Not saying this is what you are doing by any chance, just that we all know those are the conclusions people jump to quickly.

Yeah, the problem is that *most* people assume that and then we get all these wild predictions. I can't remember the exact number, but I know at one point Blizzard said only about 10-20% of the player base actually steps foot in a raid. Though we'll get people who claim that is 100% and whatever you see there is how many are playing. Not saying this is what you are doing by any chance, just that we all know those are the conclusions people jump to quickly.
    Those 10-20% were around in cata/mop and was a justification for the introduction of "looking for raid". That number is no longer accurate at all.
    While I don't have any new numbers from blizz, if we include all difficulties(incl lfr), i'd say an overwhelming majority "raids".

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    What server are you on??? The five servers I have characters on are completely dead. I logged in to Orgrimmar during prime time, zero queue and I saw a total of two players

I've been playing a lot of FFXIV lately and I've gotten used to long queues and hundreds of players in the capitals, maybe even more than that.
    Hardly anyone hangs around in capitol cities in WoW now tbh, if I am ever there its just to buy stuff on AH, takes a minute, maybe two, then I'm out in the world again.

Those 10-20% were around in cata/mop and was a justification for the introduction of "looking for raid". That number is no longer accurate at all.
    While I don't have any new numbers from blizz, if we include all difficulties(incl lfr), i'd say an overwhelming majority "raids".
    Eh I wouldn't say overwhelming. While the number has increased from the 10-20% based on personal experiences and observations I would say it's maybe around 30%-40%, but I don't feel like it's overwhelming in any part. Then again we have zero data to back that up and only Blizzard holds that information, so we are grasping straws on what we think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbuto View Post
    Hardly anyone hangs around in capitol cities in WoW now tbh, if I am ever there its just to buy stuff on AH, takes a minute, maybe two, then I'm out in the world again.
    Except for toggling warmode, dont think i ever been in stormwind for entire shadowlands. I have engineering so free ah in oribos and even if you dont, you almost always find a long boi when asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    What server are you on??? The five servers I have characters on are completely dead. I logged in to Orgrimmar during prime time, zero queue and I saw a total of two players

I've been playing a lot of FFXIV lately and I've gotten used to long queues and hundreds of players in the capitals, maybe even more than that.
    Eh, that's not really the greatest example. There isn't much reason to stick around in Orgrimmar anymore. You can access the AH in several different cities and Orgrimmar isn't a "main city" for the expansion. You'd have a better time gauging the afk in covenants (which is spread out among the 4), Oribos and Korthia.

Eh I wouldn't say overwhelming. While the number has increased from the 10-20% based on personal experiences and observations I would say it's maybe around 30%-40%, but I don't feel like it's overwhelming in any part. Then again we have zero data to back that up and only Blizzard holds that information, so we are grasping straws on what we think it is.
    Yeh, its all guesses so bit pointless but when including looking for raid, i personally would double that without question. If we go up to normal, i would agree.
    Its queueable content with free epics and the main story of the expansions, i dont see why 60-70% of the pop would avoid it.

It was horrendous in WoD. Seems alot of people have forgotten it. If it wasnt for the scandals outside of the game in 2021, SL wouldnt really be looked upon so badly I think. WoD was a proper shitshow and it felt REALLY easy not playing during that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, that's not really the greatest example. There isn't much reason to stick around in Orgrimmar anymore. You can access the AH in several different cities and Orgrimmar isn't a "main city" for the expansion. You'd have a better time gauging the afk in covenants (which is spread out among the 4), Oribos and Korthia.
    I have barely spendt any time at all in SW/Org this xpac. Probably the xpac were i've been the least in these cities.

While true for retail, (for the purpose of @tomten's initial estimation) I'd wager the percentage of people raiding in TBCC is significantly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbuto View Post
    Funnily enough theres AH in Oribos most of the time with players standing around on the bronto. Most of the time no need to go to SW/org.